Skirmishes on Maddening

Galap

I'm doing my first playthrough on maddening difficulty, and I've noticed that the conditions under which skirmishes spawn seem pretty obscure. I've even seen reports that they don't spawn at all on maddening but this is clearly false because I had one spawn before chapter 12. I'm on chapter 17 now, and I haven't seen another one. My friend got one at 12 and 17, so it's not that they spawn after certain specific chapters. I have searched far and wide on the net to try to see if anyone has figured out the exact conditions that determine it, but I haven't been successful. Has anyone figured it out? Any data to contribute here either?

I've got pretty much 3 skirmishes per playthrough. 

1 after chapter 12, second after 18 and one randomly between 18 and 24. It didnt matter anyway coz itlf you get fliers you are pretty much dead.

Edited by Miltek

I didn't get my first one until finishing chapter 11 or 12. Whenever the first Emblem Paralogues opened up. That first skirmish is the only one I actually played. I've ignored the other ones that have spawned and they've just hung around, giving the impression they've been spawning regularly, but I don't know how many in total it leads to.

I recently finished chapter 17, and I've had two skirmishes appear so far. I think they appeared after I finished chapter 11 and 16, though I'm not entirely sure.

They indeed don't seem to appear based only on what chapter you're on, though it's interesting it's almost the same for everyone so far (the first one after chapter 11 or 12, second after chapter 16 or 18). Maybe it's also related to the number of paralogues you have played (I finished the Lyn and Lucina ones before the second skirmish appeared)? Could also just be purely random I guess, lol.

I finished 17 earlier today, and now there is a skirmish. The only paralogue I've don so far is Lucina.

Like you say Bartozio, It is very strange that they show up at about the same times, but it isn't exact.  I'm really curious what exactly is determining it.

I think there is an additional element of a timer that cannot be reset by external means for maddening. 

I’m going through maddening with a friend and despite being on 1+/1- different chapters or paralogue skirmish’s spawn weekly for us at the same time (in different locations).

I suspect it’s first unlock at chapter 11 then weekly timer from when you finish the skirmish.

I have tried changing switch console time and it does not work on maddening mode. 

Edited by Kqdde

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, nohcottons said:

Hi, 

just adding, had a skirmish show up right before chapter 10 on maddening now. 

I completed 3 DLC paralogues (Tiki, Soren, Camilla)+ Jean/Anna, no other extra maps. 

Maybe those extra 3 DLC maps are pushing the counter forwards to make it happen earlier than post chapter 11. I wonder if you don't do Jean and Anna will it take as later as chapter 15 or 16 to get a skirmish.