(FE7) KP's FE7 HNM Draft

KP 2010

This is my 4th and possibly last draft for the next 2 months or so (I really want to complete my other ones in particular FE6, as I'm almost at the finish line, and FE 10). I picked HNM because I'm tired of resetting all the time and I'm hoping HNM will be fairly easy (I haven't played FE7 through properly in the last few years).

So let's get started!

Rules:

- No Lyn Mode.

- Free characters: Hector, Marcus, Ninian, Nils & Athos are free. As there are 36 units and 5 players, the unpicked unit is free too. Marcus is free up to Chapter 20, after that he is banned.

- Undrafted units may not: rescue drafted units, meatshield, break walls and snags, shop, support, visit villages, open doors.

- However, Matthew may steal and open doors&chests without penalty even if he is undrafted.

- Undrafted units may: trade with anyone, rescue other undrafted units, recruit other characters.

- Penalty incurred is 4 turns.

- All gaidens are mandatory. Except 19xx, 23x, and 28x which are banned.

Janissary: Pent, Priscilla, Isadora, Dart, Canas, Vaida, Louise

HongLei: Raven, Kent, Oswin, Erk, Eliwood, Wil, Jaffar

samthedigital: Florina, Sain, Hawkeye, Matthew, Harken, Legault, Renault

Queen_Kittylincia: Fiora, Serra, Farina, Lyn, Rebecca, Bartre + Karla, Nino

KP 2010: Lowen, Heath, Guy, Lucius, Dorcas, Rath, Karel

Edited by KP 2010

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First: 23x and 28x should either be banned, or not count towards total turns up to 20 per.

Second: Integrity has gone through the trouble of compiling lists for each game (except 1/2/3/12) in order of recruitment, so you should copy that over instead of the tier list.

Third: Might I recommend making Athos and Ninils free, combining Bartre and Karla into one pick, and getting rid of Geitz altogether?

First: 23x and 28x should either be banned, or not count towards total turns up to 20 per.

Second: Integrity has gone through the trouble of compiling lists for each game (except 1/2/3/12) in order of recruitment, so you should copy that over instead of the tier list.

Third: Might I recommend making Athos and Ninils free, combining Bartre and Karla into one pick, and getting rid of Geitz altogether?

1. I think I'll ban them. Thanks for the recommendation.

2. I've checked the FAQ plenty of times, I can't believe I missed that list. Changed.

3. Logical. Changed.

I actually thought of a way around this before but didn't want to mention it until I started my own draft. However, that probably isn't going to happen, so I'll just mention it now.

The idea was to make it so that Karla and Geitz are not just "joke" drafts. Karla is easy; combine her with Bartre.

Geitz requires a lot more, though, especially if you want to keep the drafting even. What you can do, however, is make both Hector and Eliwood free all game and allow Lyn mode up to a certain number of turns (50-55 is good) in which all characters are free for Lyn mode (and possibly various other rules like not allowing the Knight Crest to be used on Kent or Sain). It's pretty easy to get Lyn to ~12 in LHM and with free Hector and Eliwood, reaching the 50 level requirement isn't so far off.

You can even the drafting field at 40 units easily enough. Make Marcus free/banned for a certain amount of time and draftable for after that (~Ch 19 would probably be good), have Ninian and Nils drafted separately and draft Athos and that ought to make 40 draftees in total.

1. Janissary

2. HongLei

3. samthedigital

4. Queen_Kittylincia

5. KP 2010

That's the draft order.

I have changed the rules regarding Marcus, banning him after Chapter 19 (based on RFoF's recommendation).

I could add him to the draft list (making him usable after 19) if I add Ninian and Nils (seperately) and Athos so that the total character count is 40 which makes a nice even split of 8 units each. Any thoughts?

Raven for me wow I've never had such a pick this early in a draft before

Usually geitz, Karla, and Nino are the last 3 picks, and ninils and k+b are separate picks, doing this will even the draft. Having one of the top picks should cancel out the unusable unit anyway.

Edited by HongLei

Raven for me wow I've never had such a pick this early in a draft before

Usually geitz, Karla, and Nino are the last 3 picks, and ninils and k+b are separate picks, doing this will even the draft. Having one of the top picks should cancel out the unusable unit anyway.

I originally had it like that (except Ninian and Nils were together and Athos was also pickable) but Radiant Kitty made a good point about Geitz (you wouldn't be able to recruit him) and Karla (can't get her without Bartre). I think I'll leave it like it is now.

Decided to go with your Marcus recommendation Janissary. Thanks for the input.

Edited by KP 2010

The only last round pick that generally matters anyway is Renault. So having Geitz, separate Ninian and Nils, and separate Karla and Bartre is just to even out the numbers

Why have so many literally useless picks, though? You can even go so far to remove Wallace if you need, since he's not getting recruited even if you do draft him.

^^ I learned that in my last hhm draft, I still don't think he was worth all of the restarting and extra couple turns to get with florina. This is why Renault is the only useful last round pick, purely for staff skills

The only last round pick that generally matters anyway is Renault. So having Geitz, separate Ninian and Nils, and separate Karla and Bartre is just to even out the numbers

Nino can contribute, as can Karla (if you get Bartre, which a combined B+K allows). Also, a seperate Nin/Nils instantly slot into the mid rounds, giving the last picks more significance. In a normal draft, the last five picks are going to be some order of Wallace, Geitz, Nino, Karla, and Renault. Which one is going to do significant work? None. That's fair.

If you add in the guys you want to, nothing changes. They still are last, it just prevents us all from Nin/Nils unless drafted, and devalues Bartre more. It's not worth it.