The Redeem Myself Lunatic+ Playthrough

Welcome to my Lunatic+ tour playthrough. I wanted to beat this game on the highest difficulty setting so that I can replace my shameful Lunatic run that I cheated on.

I guess here are the "rules" that I'll be playing under and will most likely subject to change until I've figured things out.

-Will be playing on Casual(first time): I will be using the chapter map saves for level up rigging but not for character deaths. I will reset if a character dies. Can only overwrite current map save at the beginning of my turn. I'm gonna use both of them but one is reserved for turn 1 only(this one stays until I get to the next chapter) so I can skip the cutscenes.

-I will be using all of the resources available to me and that includes max Renown, Barracks, and event tiles but I think I'll stick to the stat boosters and the Second Seal but maybe the Longbow.

-I will be grinding for Olivia only. Her class path is as follows: Lv15 Dancer -> Lv10 Peg Knight -> Lv15 Dark Flier -> Lv1 Falcon Knight entering Henry's recruitment chapter. I will try to baby her in her joining chapter but I will not go out of my way to do so. Her class path and the number of levels she stays in said class(es) might subject to change.

-Pairings:

Chrom x Olivia

Robin x Lucina

Miriel x Gregor

Stahl x Nowi

Basillio x Flavia

This is a screenshot playthrough so there's something to look at.

Something to note before I begin: I'm a cheapstake so hopefully this mode will make me expand my horizons.

[spoiler=Chapter directory]

Premonition

Prologue

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Chapter 4

Edited by Magician Lugh

xic5oHo.png

Screencaped from Pheonixmaster1's video since cutscenes don't allow home button usage.

I had the subtitles on and it seems like one line of the Japanese voice clips during this part of the cutscene wasn't voiced in the English version.

俺たち勝ったんだ (oretachi kattanda)translates to "we won".

I guess a regular "we did it" would have been fine.

[spoiler=Standard Start]

jL6d9Vp.jpg

eB6DybP.jpg

Visual reminder.

277N9Mc.jpg

wZxGcGg.jpg

I kinda wish there was an option for on the 3DS to combine both screens into one image. Oh well

Aef8jvC.jpg

AKA supports but we don't have any yet.

Lfav4n8.jpg

But we just started.

cM6dq4U.jpg

Pretty sure this battle is scripted. I've never seen a Dual Strike nor Dual Guard.

QRuNNCq.jpg

The usual.

Edited by Magician Lugh

Dual Strikes can happen, but Dual Guards are just too low a chance to happen.

As if it matters, it's the freaking map the game expects you to win with ease.

I went back to grab something I missed and this happened.

8vghYu1.jpg

I've had a Dual Guard happen for me before. But I get lucky on stupid things I don't even need.

Looking forward to seeing your run of Luna+.

Same here, I'm usually lucky when it doesn't count.

Thanks. I'll try to update frequently. No promises though. Especially since I'll be back in school in a week and there's no Wifi there so I'll get through as much as I can.

We begin the Prologue

Elu4fhN.jpg

[spoiler=Don't nap on Ylissean meadows]
2T6qH2K.jpg
xcWm6EO.jpg
Is it rainbow colored?
myokd1J.jpg
jNRtPaf.jpg
I just woke up. Cut me some slack. Also, didn't we just establish that I have amnesia?
LioOkAc.jpg
I'm right here you know
fPsKtGu.jpg
At least I don't look like I have a unibrow. My eyebrows are on fleek, thank you very much.
lgZOx4h.jpg
e15lnQY.jpg
I haven't even done anything.
w7Heb1U.jpg
So you're local shepherds, huh? Where are the rakes?
UYRhrcC.jpg
はい
x2BnPnL.jpg
71vyWvQ.jpg
YTVYkdD.jpg
Yeah, unibrow, listen to your boss.
hwtdBLo.jpg
One of your minions is standing on something shiny. Someone's slacking.
atv3Dh1.jpg
Can I just sit back and watch?
Q9v4gnG.jpg
Am I pretty now?
WodWsP7.jpg
You just took 75% of your full HP. I think you should reevaluate your priorities
jHEvSEZ.jpg
Frederick took out the 2 Myrmidons already so I traded Frederick the Bronze Sword to chip the Mage and unequipped Chrom so Robin gets the kill.
fvMiYoe.jpg
Could come in handy later
lkeGdcm.jpg
Patched up and ready to take on the northern part of the map
3WbGRIb.jpg
My attempt at abusing the water trick. Spoilers, it doesn't work.
QXILncK.jpg
I had to take out that Myrmidon so Frederick had to tank the Mage. I move back so I can heal.
GtVajGh.jpg
First level up. Decent. Now she's not doubled by the Mages.
lCJfJst.jpg
Pretty sure the Mage had Vantage+ and I needed to get rid of him. He would have survived the 2 Barbarians since they don't have Luna+.
VVkcSY9.jpg
After finishing off the Mage, I forgot that the Barbarians had Pass so I was hoping for this to miss since the other Barbarian had Hawkeye. And no one can live 2 hits other than Frederick.
Jrt9Sem.jpg
We move up towards the boss and Chrom gets EXP from the shiny tile
3bJ05rY.jpg
I was careless and the crit did just enough to kill.

[spoiler=Frederick gets picked on]
Let's try this again
C03FfqS.jpg
nllR44Q.jpg
Only the top left Barbarian has Luna+ so I considered making Frederick and Chrom go up the middle but decided against it.
EdLgKJj.jpg
Chipped the Mage and the Luna+ Barbarian
kdhbYD0.jpg
Extra Staff is always nice
bDYw2Lp.jpg
Took out the 2 Myrmidons and tanked the 2 Barbarians. I think only the Mage had Luna+ of the 5 remaining generics.
u1xzioc.jpg
Didn't have to rig for this. Very nice.
5eaFBnp.jpg
Gotta even the playing field somehow
y0XExRF.jpg
The big bad wolf Garrick. Where's the amazing breath attack?
ZR06Nsq.jpg
Have just enough to live a Luna+ hit from the boss. Needs Chrom or else Robin would have been doubled.
YfyOOBU.jpg
UjRWvGA.jpg
Boss down. Everyone can go home now.
9c64NRe.jpg
Speaking of close, can we get away from the burning building?
fZX17A5.jpg
I can't swim.
uW5Wd73.jpg
Why thank you kind sir. Haven't had anything to eat since I woke up
6FlRpo4.jpg
Remind me to not be in range when he has an axe
yVBDFf8.jpg
That's the point.

[spoiler=Character stats]
Character LV HP STR MAG SKILL SPD LUCK DEF RES
Chrom      2 21  8   2    9    9    6   8   1
Frederick  1 Base
Lissa      2 17  2   5    5    4    8   3   4    
Shou       2 I forgot to capture the level up                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  

[spoiler=Chapter Deaths and total resets]

Prologue: Frederick got critted by the boss

Reset counter: 1

Edited by Magician Lugh

"I can't swim"

It's true. I can't.

3cFP8gS.jpg

Frederick's current stance against me.

[spoiler=Fight me, Frederick]

jdguRj7.jpg

Because somebody turned down free food and lounging.

ueCI0Fm.jpg

Can't tell if Lissa's eyes are like that on purpose or they loaded the wrong version.

lGdnP8Z.jpg

Forgot to screencap my first move so I recreated it and by that I mean I went back to my chapter 1 save.

8CqYZ8Z.jpg

BFeIQ5N.jpg

Only 2 units with Luna+ on the field. Others all have Pass

7Z0NVLs.jpg

I wasn't expecting you but hey, we need all the help we can get

rQd0zXq.jpg

Because she wanted to get away from the self-proclaimed archest Archer?

kzu80RF.jpg

Can it Edgeworth. Reminds me of this

kF7gWPR.gif

efZarhU.jpg

Had Virion take a hit from the Archer. Needed Sully to not get doubled

XzoTDbD.jpg

*snipes Archer kill*

zH9NqLH.jpg

People charge into Frederick level up. Haven't had to rig any level ups so far

uG8KQLc.jpg

wqgbKr7.jpg

Boss fight. I call this the underhand badminton swing

ZXhpiWz.jpg

The boss does 15 with Luna+ so Frederick needed to be on a tree tile just in case the boss hits

uAhsRgo.jpg

Do you believe in fireworks? Sounds like a cheesy anime line

nexkdmD.jpg

But you don't suspect him when he wasn't fighting with us. Ok, Freddy. I don't want to listen to the excuses.

hRSyuIK.jpg

There's more?

PDjCG6u.jpg

That guy carrying the big bag looks awfully suspicious... I'm sorry Frederick, you were saying?

2pTngpc.jpg

So the fire was just magically contained in the forest. Damn these people are deep sleepers. Must have that Tempur-Pedic. Btw, do you guys make mattresses?

OZeDY5H.jpg

Well obviously I'm gonna remember who someone isn't stabbing me with words every 2 sentences. Gawds. /tsundere over Am I doing it right?

wGT3IRR.jpg

The LIEZ. I don't care. It's all about the bear meat nuggets.

vzXk6Re.jpg

Sure. Why not. She seemed like a nice person.

LSSvQ0N.jpg

Yes. I was quite scared. I don't like being axed a question

rrXmQNL.jpg

Can I be paid in food?

hU7km8b.jpg

Perhaps the royal kitchen? *eyebrow hint*

Chrom     3  21  8   2    9    9    6   8   1
Frederick 2  29  14  2    13   11   6   14  4 
Lissa     2  17  2   5    5    4    8   3   4 
Shou      3  21  8   9    6    8    4   5   5  
Sully     Base
Virion    Base 

[spoiler=chapter deaths and total resets]

Chapter deaths:fefates-icon-zero.jpg

Total reset: 1

[spoiler=Supports]

5s3QESe.jpg

You should get a tattoo of a peach on your other arm.

QPBIaLw.jpg

I'm trying to imagine what lead to Chrom holding the items of justice while naked

lddrzg4.jpg

You're not gonna question how he got a picture of you naked?

hd1H1qf.jpg

Go on...

aUT5n9a.jpg

And I'm gonna need to be compensated for the book. Completely. Equivalent to the amount of food that can be bought with that book's worth in gold.

Edited by Magician Lugh

You might want to consider working to spoonfeed Robin many more levels in the next two chapters. Fred can't keep the group going forever and until you hit C7 and C8, it's going to become harder and harder to train underleveled characters. Plus, only having a single decent tank is likely going to give you serious problems with Counter. 1~2 range is precious and limited for a while and is pretty much the party's only early response to Counter spam. C5 can get especially disgusting about this.

You might want to consider working to spoonfeed Robin many more levels in the next two chapters. Fred can't keep the group going forever and until you hit C7 and C8, it's going to become harder and harder to train underleveled characters. Plus, only having a single decent tank is likely going to give you serious problems with Counter. 1~2 range is precious and limited for a while and is pretty much the party's only early response to Counter spam. C5 can get especially disgusting about this.

I needed Frederick to get a +1 Strength so I can OHKO the Mercs in Chapter 2. I've been trying to feed my Robin levels but the skills are making it hard. I have come to dislike Vantage+ more than anything. At least with Luna+ I can avoid eating a counter attack.

I'm thinking of rigging Chrom's Defense so he can share the tanking. His Defense is quite good for a Lord unit. Definitely training Stahl as a physical tank though. Gonna feed him as many levels as possible so I can get to Assassin quicker.

Chrom got a really awesome level up. Damn.

Also, Fredrick why are you being such a dick?

Too bad he didn't get to keep it since I deleted my Chapter 1 save by accident. I've played up to the Chapter two though.

He's got quite the sharp tongue.

I needed Frederick to get a +1 Strength so I can OHKO the Mercs in Chapter 2. I've been trying to feed my Robin levels but the skills are making it hard. I have come to dislike Vantage+ more than anything. At least with Luna+ I can avoid eating a counter attack.

This is part of why water tactics in Prologue are generally considered pretty important.

However, Robin does have a Thunder and you're running +Mag, so you should still be able to avoid counterattacks from most of the Vantage+ enemies by attacking at 2 range. If you're having hit issues, you can fix that by stealing Miriel's Fire.

This is part of why water tactics in Prologue are generally considered pretty important.

However, Robin does have a Thunder and you're running +Mag, so you should still be able to avoid counterattacks from most of the Vantage+ enemies by attacking at 2 range. If you're having hit issues, you can fix that by stealing Miriel's Fire.

I don't trust myself to not mess up the water tile abuse.

I just got Miriel and her Skill and Speed are pretty good. She usually needs to get some early lucky level ups and she's good to go.

I just finished chapter 2. Cleared the bottom half of the map by turn 5 but it was intense. Will post soon.

I was on auto pilot and deleted some earlier screenshots but I don't think this chapter had a chapter screen. I do have to apology before hand for the choppiness of this chapter. I was quite frustrated by the multiple failures so everything is blurry.

[spoiler=We're still not fed]

fM7RDni.jpg

I0WoM6Q.jpg

I think Chrom can manage

Eh20uvH.jpg

1jQDYt9.jpg

Shots fired

Be63uYr.jpg

Well, I do like the quality of my coat.

64t28ev.jpg

PdjnepC.jpg

zun8RER.jpg

So we shouldn't go

nGr4haM.jpg

No, not really

TCQOjJt.jpg

KVQcoAc.jpg

l3KIO7R.jpg

Dang it Vaike. We need all hands on deck.

adxCTHT.jpg

viUM4nF.jpg

Finally, someone who understands the importance of food.

BLhrYG1.jpg

Is he one of your best Stahlians in the Shepherds? Regardless we're gonna be good friends.

[spoiler=Bad RN string or I'm bad at this game]

SUaLNwc.jpg

First turn set up but it's the beginning of turn 2. I move Stahl to the tile right above Frederick and transfer Robin to Vaike. Switch to Frederick to attack the Merc(not shown) with the Silver Lance while Stahl deals the final blow.

SUaLNwc.jpg

NrmjBTn.jpg

Miriel shows up and joins the fray immediately. I pair her with Virion so she can get to this Soldier

M5euIza.jpg

Looks much better. Cleaned out the area to prepare for incoming onslaught. The Barbarian near the top will be weakened by Fred and Vaike while Robin lures the non-highlighted Soldier in front of the Barbarian because of lower Defense. After this, Frederick moves down to take care of the Merc that attaked Sully(I think If forgot to equip her but it didn't make too much of a difference since Frederick OHKO'ed him).

HxP0XXl.jpg

Here's a break from maps

8ZeqP4M.jpg

Miriel burns something and levels up. This was rigged.

RKADuhK.jpg

Chrom missed and Vaike picked up the slack

5CL5AIE.jpg

It's Speed so I can't complain too much but can I get some Strength please?

nK3PhwU.jpg

This is when I realize I have a 3 range bow after the turn I wanted to use it. Both bows were event tile items.

PMafT37.jpg

Healed up the flock with the forts and lured the enemies in. And yes, the boss moves.

Qfbhs4e.jpg

I was gonna rig this but I decided not to. As long as he doesn't get doubled, I'm good with him.

NSYVofk.jpg

Took care of the 2 Mercs and the Barbarian and I'm debating how to handle this. I was thinking of taking them up as a group but luckily they split up. I moved Frederick and Robin towards pair Virion and gets rid of the remaining Risen.

O4NZ6GQ.jpg

He farts thunder

e0VnEzn.jpg

Finally, I take down the boss

32W8jod.jpg

This was the best I could do. The terrain wasn't too good for RN burning.

xqGrrtK.jpg

We called it truce for this mission

40IO4Cd.jpg

My sentiments exactly

[spoiler=character stats]

Character LV  HP STR MAG SKILL SPD LUCK DEF RES
Chrom      4  23  7   1   10    11   8   8   1
Frederick  3  30  15  2   15    10   7   16  3 
Lissa      5  20   3  7    7    4    10  3   7 
Shou       5  21  9   10   8    10   7   6   4 
Sully      2  Base
Stahl      2  Base
Miriel     2  19  1   7    6    8    6   3   5
Vaike      3  Base
Virion     2  Base

[spoiler=chapter character deaths]

Frederick, Sully, Robin, Miriel: poor positioning and lack of planning ahead.

Resets: "5" (I've restarted so many times that I'm only adding one for each of the listed characters above)

Edited by Magician Lugh

Generally speaking, the woods on the right is a lot more dangerous to fight in than around the mountain. The reason for this is that the enemy random movement can quickly turn the situation into an attack from all sides. It's not impossible to get through, but is definitely comparatively an uphill battle. Anyway, props for getting through it.

Good luck with C3. This is where the enemy really starts meaning business.

Generally speaking, the woods on the right is a lot more dangerous to fight in than around the mountain. The reason for this is that the enemy random movement can quickly turn the situation into an attack from all sides. It's not impossible to get through, but is definitely comparatively an uphill battle. Anyway, props for getting through it.

Good luck with C3. This is where the enemy really starts meaning business.

I actually find it easier to go to the woods since I couldn't figure out how to crack the left side of the map. Either that or I just didn't want to fight the left side since I realized the terrain helped slow down the enemy.

I took a look @ chapter 3 and it was filled with Counter and shield skills. On the top of my head I think I saw like 3 enemies that will Counter suicide into or just kill my units if their attack landed on top of Counter. I only looked at it once but I feel like that was the easier distribution.

Ok guys, I might have resort to map save and RNG abuse to beat this chapter. I'll keep trying to beat it without it but I just realized how much Frederick needed 16 Speed. Never mind.

Edited by Magician Lugh

cvHzCNi.png

I keep forgetting to screen cap the chapter title screen. I'm not even going to lie. I had to map save abuse this chapter.

I replayed through the chapters again so Frederick got 16 Speed with Chrom Pair @ C support. I'm actually referencing the Lunatic mode data on the Wiki so I can plan ahead for the Speed benchmarks to hit this time.

[spoiler=Playing around Counter]

ZgR1WeV.jpg

Oh, I didn't know your steed is a female. I bet she's nicer than you are.

LlV0m7W.jpg

I love you too Frederick

tIMz9FF.jpg

Yeah, Frederick. Don't want Feroxians to get the wrong idea now

Knock, knock

JemjTKY.jpg

9Nj728D.jpg

That's a big steel gate you got there.

j6LdlsU.jpg

I was thinking of making Frederick and Sumia support for chipping but that's too much work

0haqfGO.jpg

Initial set up. The Knight has Counter so I didn't put Frederick in his attack range

WdjbIfA.jpg

Giving Stahl some love.

ARpHzB1.jpg

4jO5mLC.jpg

Moved to the right of Sthal and chipped with Frederick with and unequipped Chrom was so the Archer lives @ 1HP. Miriel got the kill for the Archer.

2Q3evI9.jpg

8YpfKmj.jpg

I forgot what I did here but it worked

DhupIbb.jpg

SQVAM6n.jpg

I think I skipped a turn but the enemies to the right are attacking. The Crit and dodge didn't make too much of a difference

YNg1Kky.jpg

This Knight had Counter so I killed the Merc with a Vaike pair up after I chipped with Miriel

UsUZ4Q7.jpg

This was rigged.

nec7Ppt.jpg

Patching everyone up

aZgmv8A.jpg

Stealing Frederick's weapons in case the Counter Knight attacks him

2jLnie2.jpg

Unequip Vaike so the Knight can't Counter him

gjQ8KNg.jpg

DG didn't matter much.

pD5Rl9r.jpg

I moved unequipped Stahl down to take a hit and moved Vaike up to the door

GX4d0UG.jpg

Excellent level up

LJVEPR2.jpg

Opened the door so Stahl with Kellam Pair Up can grind for D Lances.

YWpW7Rq.jpg

Lissa with Miriel Pair Up heals the same amount of damage Stahl takes.

CbwLMRo.jpg

So at this point, Miriel, Chrom, and Stahl all can level up but the RN string was bad so I let Robin take the kill

Gr8bFlA.jpg

"Support Grind". It's ok Frederick, I know you're forced by game mechanics.

[spoiler=I'm a better chipper than Frederick]

VvytqM1.jpg

I nominate Frederick and Vaike as Merc killer of the year

nGgmJJ9.jpg

Retreating so I don't get overwhelmed. I traded the Bronze Sword from Robin to chip the Fighter.

3kykeIJ.jpg

Took down the Fighter and this was the result

26hioEI.jpg

This was not captured but cue dumb moment. So at the beginning of the Enemy Phase, the Archer was where the Merc is shown so I thought he'd go for Robin because of his lower Defense. Instead, he moved back, and the Counter Fighter with the Hammer attacked Frederick but he missed. I thought the Archer would go for Robin because of lower Defense and thus Enemy Phase would end.

Os6OrZg.jpg

I did some trading and people transferring so Frederick will get a Vulnerary to tank the Archers. The on the left has Luna+ but with Kellam's Pair up bonus, they only have a displayed damage of 1.

EdrSRxH.jpg

Boxed him in so Stahl, Chrom, and Miriel can finally level up.

toVJhgq.jpg

Another bad RN string here so I had Lissa face tank Anna's wrath. And this is where I give in and admit that I don't know how to RNG abuse in this game. I don't think I can burn RNs with 5 move and 7 move units anymore. Either that or I just don't know how to do it.

u4nqw4v.jpg

tA1YW6D.jpg

DcHOFuL.jpg

Have some level ups. I forgot to screen cap Chrom's so here's his stats page.

ZoX7j8o.jpg

Robin also chips the Archer. He has Pavise+ so I'm hitting him with physical weapons to get the most out of him.

AWEyIzC.jpg

I move on to take on the boss. Robin's chipping game is too strong.

qGqVzQ8.jpg

One more level until she gets Healtouch

QnoytaY.jpg

Chrom takes the kill since he barely got any.

FheSL2x.jpg

Not surprised with all of the chipping.

vPO9k7Z.jpg

These brigand are getting better and better at cosplaying these days.

[spoiler=Character deaths]

Miriel: Attacked the boss and missed

Stahl: I think a Soldier got him

No resets since I had to map save abuse.

[spoiler=Character Stats]

Character LV  HP STR MAG SKILL SPD LUCK DEF RES
Chrom     04  22 10  02   11   10   06  09  02
Frederick 03  30 15  02   15   10   07  16  03 
Lissa     09  24 03  10   07   09   12  04  08 
Shou      09  23 13  13   10   12   09  09  06 
Stahl     04  23 09  00   09   08   06  09  02
Miriel    04  20 00  09   07   09   07  05  06

Will add the supports later

Looks at the time: it is now later

[spoiler=Supports]

hzdVQNE.jpg

CdwlNhw.jpg

Show me your cauldron. I want to make something too.

7VPYoKJ.jpg

12dsftW.jpg

Hm... that can be dangerous you know.

SQLIG3F.jpg

Yeah, Frederick. Let the man breathe.

r0as9Pz.jpg

But, you gotta give Frederick some brownie points for being a good knight.

Edited by Magician Lugh

Since you're planning ahead, I recommend trying to feed as much of C4 and P1 into Robin as possible (alternatively, someone else who can 1~2 range with the Orson's or Javelin, but Robin's 50% bonus EXP gain makes him the better candidate). It really helps to have two very capable tanks for C5, since the bumrush comes from two directions and starts immediately. On top of that, there are very strong fliers (Wyvs with Str+2 and Luna+ are very nasty) and the smattering of magic users come well-protected and can completely wreck Fred and his terrible Res.

Good job on getting past C3, though. C4 is relatively tame by comparison, although P1 is only a step below C5 (if you go for the Killer Lance, anyway; it's a fair bit easier if you ignore it).

Since you're planning ahead, I recommend trying to feed as much of C4 and P1 into Robin as possible (alternatively, someone else who can 1~2 range with the Orson's or Javelin, but Robin's 50% bonus EXP gain makes him the better candidate). It really helps to have two very capable tanks for C5, since the bumrush comes from two directions and starts immediately. On top of that, there are very strong fliers (Wyvs with Str+2 and Luna+ are very nasty) and the smattering of magic users come well-protected and can completely wreck Fred and his terrible Res.

Good job on getting past C3, though. C4 is relatively tame by comparison, although P1 is only a step below C5 (if you go for the Killer Lance, anyway; it's a fair bit easier if you ignore it).

I think I'm at the point where Robin is showing his strengths. He's starting to double enemies with a +2 Speed from Stahl after getting 13 Speed. Defense and Resistance are slightly picking up as well. Even Lissa has enough HP to tank a hit from a physical unit if I need her to.

Just finished chapter 4 so I'll be heading into P1 soon. I've never liked this chapter, even on Hard mode. Hopefully Robin gains more Defense to take some hits. I'm thinking of giving him a Seraph Robe when I get my hands on one.

So far only Frederick can use it and lances aren't the best thing to equip on enemy phase so I might just skip the Killer Lance. We'll see.

An update on the use of map saves. I'm gonna use both of them but one is reserved for turn 1 only so I can skip the cutscenes. The other one will be used for level ups.

Edited by Magician Lugh

vaplE6K.jpg

I remembered this time.

[spoiler=Help you to help us]

VgRpX6x.jpg

An Anna merchant showed up. I bought the Second Seal and the Beast Killer. I thought about buying that Iron Sword as well but I decided against it. Instead, I bought a Heal for Lissa and a Defense Tonic at another location.

WplWgJJ.jpg

We wait for the khan to show up

HAeLoi9.jpg

Um819w8.jpg

That's quite the imagination I've got there

3CiVBBD.jpg

Please don't hurt me. >_<

SaEHXLQ.jpg

fuPzivf.jpg

Jumping straight into business

N4OTEzT.jpg

OmcZ2qX.jpg

Aw, why not? We could really use some extra hands.

hdEoZkh.jpg

UC02b9e.jpg

s8ylx7X.jpg

So much for talking

rIVo8QW.jpg

wNt8bR2.jpg

C6amZDv.jpg

...of course you do.

vFDXPDC.jpg

Your troops aren't too shabby themselves and we do more than just tend sheep.

vTHrRPF.jpg

To be fair, they were just doing their jobs.

qXtU7o6.jpg

aj5t37M.jpg

m2tqdby.jpg

I guess they're open in that regard.

4p7KbpR.jpg

NE5BE8V.jpg

Your border guards sure do a decent job of keeping us "Ylisseans" out.

Yvuu4Yv.jpg

Thanks for the heads up.

[spoiler=Small maps are bad]

ud1oHU0.jpg

9lH0PQ5.jpg

Are you Red in disguise?

YsHsEVy.jpg

Kr2wN8X.jpg

Apparently I didn't take a screen cap of the map so battle screen images

8IGOCYQ.jpg

Dunno why, I was thinking about monkey in the middle here

WO7qSME.jpg

Luring in the Mage and Stahl helps

xth8ojg.jpg

Healtouch/10

I was banking on a Dual Strike and it connect so I lost Robin. Reset + 1

[spoiler=Small maps are still bad]

df6PIyJ.jpg

peecMNw.jpg

I traded all of Stahl's weapons to Miriel so he won't attack the Counter Knight. There was a Mage a tile above him I had to "unequip" this way.

7wjLDxe.jpg

Both Knights had Counter so I moved Frederick into the pink area to get rid of this Fighter.

SlXxiOH.jpg

Start of my turn.

owdG044.jpg

She's doubling Knights now

yEj0Hpx.jpg

I move Robin over for the kill

xRzKAjR.jpg

Waiting for the enemy to advance.

0C7wJ4i.jpg

Lured the Fighter in. He had a Short Axe equipped

mNN0kDQ.jpg

Chip with Frederick

CtdniJM.jpg

I move Miriel to finish off the Fighter to the right

i99RrXg.jpg

I think Miriel would call this a futile struggle

AUOqb8h.jpg

I chip the Fighter to the left

CPkMTfs.jpg

I wanted to give Stahl some experience but I forgot that the Mage has Pavise+ so he ate a counterattack and you know he doesn't like Magic. Reset +1

[spoiler=I'm getting better at small maps]

X3XaltS.jpg

End of turn 1 set up. This is the first time both Fighters near the bottom of the map didn't have Counter.

6JdPbRf.jpg

Almost a perfect level up.

K87sGgY.jpg

Robin and Miriel takes out the weakened Fighters. I move Frederick a tile below Miriel.

rpWFXzF.jpg

I was hoping Frederick would help out and he did. Since the Mage had Aegis+, I needed Frederick to finish off the Mage if he helped her out.

bCvMPLN.jpg

Healtouch/10 v2

ZzxcSXA.jpg

Robin takes out the Knight

DJf3HNe.jpg

Stahl is such a helpful pal.

DJf3HNe.jpg

Frederick chipped the Fighter on Enemy Phase.

2HxqbKG.jpg

HP, Defense, and Defense. Robin's slowing becoming a tank.

3Eogcgr.jpg

I had Frederick finish off the Fighter on the left because he had Vantage plus and Chrom didn't have enough HP left to take a hit.

NCKIn16.jpg

Here's my set up to lure Marth in. He has Counter so I healed up Frederick and had him equip an Iron Lance so he doesn't die to Counter + Marth's attack

YmkH5Vx.jpg

But he missed. Marth back jumps like a pro

U9BUGdL.jpg

I had Miriel chip Marth but I had Frederick equip a Bronze Sword so Miriel doesn't get the kill.

QRYa0RC.jpg

kFBKOno.jpg

This was all you Stahl.

yZkhuUn.jpg

Finally, something that's not Frederick and Chrom

[spoiler=Oh noes, kidnapping]

8vtpWtm.jpg

Are you going to show us your true form? I'm waiting for a transformation.

N2u9yaf.jpg

Ah, yes. We can officially cooperate.

SKnDd4c.jpg

Well, you should have just lent us some soldiers and this could have been avoided.

FuUhhcy.jpg

o7sNvB1.jpg

He's got some nimble feet. What, feet? In this game?

TPNnoOw.jpg

Frederick doesn't like talking about Marth. Someone's a bit jelly

k9N8LaY.jpg

Is it wrapped in a bow?

L5Tf3FJ.jpg

Good. We need more stabbers.

fWi9aeq.jpg

But we just got back. Can't it wait?

zxngX28.jpg

Again? Aren't there other countries they can invade?

j2hIjQw.jpg

U1vYJGK.jpg

Of course they kidnap someone that we know

EZc0SlL.jpg

5QV3T5q.jpg

Maribelle's sharp tongue attacks! King Plegia is hurt!

mnXAFOd.jpg

Do you personally have to go?

khFeS2p.jpg

Phila's right. It can be a trap.

nU7sNiS.jpg

She's got a point.

oy39dYJ.jpg

This late?

jlGi2gm.jpg

Please don't tell me we have to hike.

SAOg0G6.jpg

Someone's eager to help.

gTJsGnD.jpg

I dunno, Chrom. He can be helpful

fCe4qBD.jpg

I hope you show me how good you are.

Chrom     04 22 10  02   11   10   06  09  02
Frederick 03 30 15  02   15   12   07  16  03 
Lissa     10 25 03  10   07   09   13  04  08 
Shou      11 25 14  15   11   12   10  11  07 
Stahl     05 24 10  00   10   09   07  10  02
Miriel    04 20 00  09   07   09   07  05  06

[spoiler=chapter deaths and resets]

Stahl: he doesn't like Magic

Robin: I relied on a Dual Strike

Reset: 7

No new supports

Edited by Magician Lugh

G7uRfKP.png

Why do I keep forgetting? Took this screencap from omegaevolution's video.

[spoiler=Bad luck strikes the local wolves]

lWWS5vP.jpg

Sure. What's up?

1tMOu5r.jpg

Can they invade another country? Why do we get all of the bandit problems?

N27ZLTg.jpg

So what's the situation?

BcztDVJ.jpg

MzDpWgy.jpg

We don't need more bandit problems. So their idea is to ransack the village and force the villagers to join. Won't that decrease the number of people they can train up? Doesn't sound too bright of a plan.

0bToyYu.jpg

First things first. I had to reset so that this Archer doesn't have Counter nor Pass. I could play around Pass but that's a lot of work.

LP68Xhl.jpg

Turn 1 set up. I take out the Thief with Frederick and attack the Brigand with Robin and Chrom Pair Up.

1KCzspj.jpg

Get ready to see these critical screens because there's a lot of them. Crit count: 1

GsZyy4r.jpg

End of my turn. The Barbarian can't reach me. The Archer goes for Robin/Chrom and...

iiomBio.jpg

Takes a crit to the face. Crits: 2

jukGsr2.jpg

And Chrom levels up. HP, Speed, and Defense. Got all of the stats that I asked for

4J7oNBU.jpg

Start moving the peeps up. Gave Lon'qu to Robin and Sully joined Miriel. The Barbarian will be chipped by Frederick with and unequipped Chrom.

iiomBio.jpg

I think Robin missed the first shot but he doubled with Lon'qu's Pair Up but Lon'qu critted the Barbarian instead. Crits: 3

Q4mhoW4.jpg

Enemy Phase. The Barbarian that came to the east came wanted a piece of the action. Robin can somewhat dodge things with a +Speed Pair Up and woods terrain.

nU0HUFG.jpg

The Archer comes closer and I chip him so Miriel gets the kill

nqzYmOt.jpg

The Barbarian on the left has a ranged axe but the one right doesn't. They don't take the bait. I switch the Pair Ups around the next turn. Robin goes with Stahl and Lon'qu goes with Chrom.

ufpe1vv.jpg

I was gonna chip with Stahl but a crit works too. He needed the experience anyway. Crits: 4

RbjDenL.jpg

I chipped with Frederick and have Chrom take the kill but Lon'qu wanted to show off with his Killing Edge. Crtis: 5

nqzYmOt.jpg

I didn't take a screen cap for the start of the next turn so I'll describe what happened. The enemies don't move so I moved Robin a tile under the left Barb that 's on the pillar to lure in the Barb to the far right of the screen and the Archer.

oALEwrO.jpg

NPnoCTn.jpg

Lissa facetanks the RNG once again.

096XzXy.jpg

I'm luring in the both Archers(the other one isn't on screen) with Robin since Frederick kills and Miriel can't take 2 hits when I need the Archers gone since the Thief and the Barb south of the where the team is moves with the Archers.

bkSq4lQ.jpg

I think the one the Archers had Aegis+ so I had Miriel take the kill after Robin chipped

P7ztZR9.jpg

*zaps the Barb* He starts farting.

lrAgHxm.jpg

I wanted to Chrom to get so I put him in the Thief's range after I took care of the Barbarian. The Thief sure is working that posture.

FP5EtgE.jpg

They do give good experience. I'm liking the Resistance. Luck is looking low though. I don't need Gamble Barbs critting me.

3G4puk7.jpg

I don't I'll use this. Might sell it for gold

l4Qy4di.jpg

Miriel basically gets a kill

ulyDMQk.jpg

I'm gonna need this for chapter 5. I also start attacking the Archer with Donnel. Getting a little more of of him since he has Pavise+ . Moved Chrom with Robin pair up to the pillar next to Frederick to lure in the Barbarian.

e9hutfR.jpg

Chrom says hi. Crits: 6

gxxiDTM.jpg

The non-highlighted Archers takes the bait and...

CATErGQ.jpg

...gets lectured by Miriel. Crit: 7

r7QC5us.jpg

Luring the Archer: The Sequel starring Miriel with supporting actor Ferderick and Robin.

MFzfeeD.jpg

And the best lead actress award goes to Miriel.

b6sdHQj.jpg

I actually had to rig this just in case I decide to use him over Gregor. But these bases are really bad.

OVgZrnO.jpg

Patching everyone up before taking on the boss

cy8cq8j.jpg

Miriel "chips". I did surround her so she doesn't get critted. Crits: 8

O8sLCzM.jpg

Chrom gets also chips.

IFfD3va.jpgoZnAB5H.jpg

Stahl takes the boss kill.

twF8nyy.jpg

c8S1lcK.jpg

X4SON2S.jpg

Don't sell us short Chrom. I'm sure the village had quite the show with all of those crits.

[spoiler=character deaths]

Dimhn0O.jpg

Lon'qu: I relied on a dodge

Resets: 8

Chrom     07 24 11  02   13   13   06  12  02
Frederick 04 32 16  02   14   13   07  16  04 He leveled up but I forgot to screen cap it.  
Shou      12 26 15  16   11   15   11  12  08 
Stahl     06 25 10  00   11   10   07  11  02
Miriel    07 22 00  10   09   11   10  08  08
Lissa     12 27 04  10   08   11   14  04  09 She has the second highest HP in the army, lol

Will add supports later.

I'm gonna stop posting the failure attempts. I keep mixing them up with screenshots of the successful attempts..

I'm thinking of reclassing Robin since he's growing pretty quickly and the first Master Seal doesn't come until Chapter 8. I don't know if I should do Mage or Dark Mage. Mage means I lose 1 Speed but I get Magic +2. I lose 2 speed from Dark Mage but I gain Hex. Not particularly helpful but Anathema + Solidarity looks tempting.

Edited by Magician Lugh

It's worth noting that Donnel can kill the chest Archer quite easily, even if it has both Counter and Pass. Body block the corridor with unequipped Fred hanging to the right of Donnel, then Lissa below him to heal. Donnel will need to be pulled back once to get heals because of Counter, but Donnel's so wimpy that you can get him down to 1 HP before he need to drop back for healing. Just don't pair anyone to him.

As for those two Barbs on the pillars, they'll actually pull without being attacked, but they pull as a pair, so whoever pull them has to be in attack range of both before they'll move.

For the reclass, I recommend Dark Mage. Hex isn't necessarily super helpful for Robin (unless you're using a Flux, then it can really help on EP), but that 15 extra Hit really helps whoever is playing support for him on EP. This is assuming he's doing a lot of tanking, anyway. Dark Mage also sets you up for Sorcerer, which is extremely helpful, since Vengeance is a good counter to Counter and Tomebreaker can trivialize some of the enemies with the highest hit rates in the game. And yes, Solidarity + Anathema + a Killing Edge user supporting Robin is pretty magnificent.

It's worth noting that Donnel can kill the chest Archer quite easily, even if it has both Counter and Pass. Body block the corridor with unequipped Fred hanging to the right of Donnel, then Lissa below him to heal. Donnel will need to be pulled back once to get heals because of Counter, but Donnel's so wimpy that you can get him down to 1 HP before he need to drop back for healing. Just don't pair anyone to him.

As for those two Barbs on the pillars, they'll actually pull without being attacked, but they pull as a pair, so whoever pull them has to be in attack range of both before they'll move.

For the reclass, I recommend Dark Mage. Hex isn't necessarily super helpful for Robin (unless you're using a Flux, then it can really help on EP), but that 15 extra Hit really helps whoever is playing support for him on EP. This is assuming he's doing a lot of tanking, anyway. Dark Mage also sets you up for Sorcerer, which is extremely helpful, since Vengeance is a good counter to Counter and Tomebreaker can trivialize some of the enemies with the highest hit rates in the game. And yes, Solidarity + Anathema + a Killing Edge user supporting Robin is pretty magnificent.

I haven't tried it but I thought about blocking the Archer's movement so that he only uses even number movement.

A C

D E1

C U1

E2 E3

E4 U2 ,where A is the Archer, D is Donnel, C are the chests and E are the empty tiles, and U are units. This way the Archer can move but never gets to attack. I don't think I can keep this up for long though so I think having Frederick tank with a +Defense Pair Up is the better idea.

That's what I figured but I thought if they moved, then the other Barbarian to the west will also move and didn't want to take the chance.

I didn't think that far ahead to Sorcerer but Tomebreaker does sound good since almost no one can take a Magic attack as of right now.

Reclassing to Mercenary or Myrmidon can help to capitalize on your defensive ability or speed, respectively. Plus, Mercenary gives Armsthrift, and Myrmidon gives Vantage if that means anything to you.

I did consider Myrmidon and Mercenary since I do like Armsthrift and Vantage+ seems really good on enemies but it's hard to give up on 1-2 range.

I revisited the calculations page for internal levels and I think it benefits me the most to Second Seal at an odd displayed level.

Edited by Magician Lugh

Reclassing to Mercenary or Myrmidon can help to capitalize on your defensive ability or speed, respectively. Plus, Mercenary gives Armsthrift, and Myrmidon gives Vantage if that means anything to you.

Mercenary and Myrmidon are really only viable if one is willing to buy a large stock of Spotpass Levin Swords. Otherwise, Counter becomes that much worse. However, if Myrmidon can be pulled off, then rushed through Assassin to Sorcerer, a VV build should have little issue handling the rest of the game.