Shin Megami Tensei Mafia Day 5

Bluedoom

• Replies 673
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear Death.. ,

500px-Catoblepas.jpg

You are Wilder Catoblepas, a recurring demon.

Ethiopian legends say that you're a demon with a buffalo's body and a hog's head. Your head is always facing down and you have scales on your back that protect you. If you stare at someone or breath on them, they get turned to stone.

During the night, reply as follows:

Night X- Stare at USER.

USER will be turned to stone instantly and fail in their action. However the effect is not very powerful due to your sluggish nature, so it will only last for the night phase.

You may also reply as follows:

Night X- Take a walk through town.

You will walk about during the night, looking and searching for everyone. Anyone who you look at will turn to stone and fail in their action. In essence, this is a mass roleblock.

However, since you are sluggish, this action will use up a lot of your energy, and you will not make an effort to look at anyone after that. Therefore, you will lose your role.

In short, you are a Roleblocker.

You are allied with the Mafia. You win when the mafia controls half the votes.

Lucifer's #1 Fangirl has been subbed!

It is now Night 1. Night one ends on Friday the 15th, 2:00 am GMT.

Edited by Bluedoom

All of you gathered in the morning to see the dead body of one of your heroes from yesterday, who saw to it that Death was lynched.
Dear Red Eye,
300px-Igor.jpg
You are Igor, the old man in the Velvet Room in the Persona series.
You are a doll created by Philemon, a deity. Being the proprietor of the Velvet Room, you help out the protagonist in their journey and provide vital services such as persona fusion, Persona Compendium and information
regarding Social links. You're part of the old, wise man archetype. Damn I love that archetype!
Being the owner of the Persona Compendium, you have many persona with different abilities. If a town power role dies, you will summon a persona that will satisfy said role and assume that responsibility.
In short, you are the Universal Backup.
You are aligned with the Light: You win when all hostile factions are eliminated.

You decided to not waste time in grieving. It was time to avenge Red Eye!

It is now Day 2. Day 2 ends on Sunday the 17th, GMT 1:50 am.

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to hammer.

Like, I can't believe that we lynched scum on D1. How awesome is that.

Also fuck, I'm guessing he crumbed Universal Backup but I didn't catch it. And did anyone track/watch scum killing him? Please say that you did so that I can just zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz through this phase.

If it turns out noone did, this phase shouldn't be too hard thanks to a flipped mafia. Gonna get associative reads off of that and the counter wagons that happened yesterday.

VOTALS
Red Eye (3): Kelpie, RAIDO, Death..
stickmanramp (4): Minerva X, Kenji Harima, Samael, No Lynch
Death.. (7): Lucifer's #1 Fangirl, Scum Goon, Deathbound, The Wife, stickmanramp, Knuckles on Steroids, Red Eye
RAIDO (1): Twitter_Famous
Correct votals I believe.
Phase ends in 36 minutes.

Also just so I don't forget this later, note that Knuckles on Steroids did vote Red Eye over you when both wagons had 5 votes. So if you're town (and considering the way your wagon popped up I'd be inclined to agree), then I'd say Knuckles is likely to be town as well.

I actually think that the Death-Stickman interactions are not as 99.9% in favour of Stickman as you think they are. Death didn't push him as a direct counterwagon to himself despite Stickman surpassing Red Eye in votes and Stickman's still in ~apathy mode. Also, looking at what Death said about Stickman, he's null leaning town on Stickman for his first content post, where he tries to explain the scum intent behind sheeping. I mean, yes, this is better than many of the Red Eye votes but it's still a rather weak reason for a leaning-town read, especially as he talks about how the next couple of posts don't do a lot.

That being said, the wagon on him did grow pretty fast, and on it, Samael and No Lynch especially had Death comments I didn't like. Samael just presented both sides of the case on Death and went NO CONCLUSION kind of like I'm doing on Stickman and No Lynch kept hinting that he thought Stickman's claim was town and talked about whether or not he wanted to vote Death but never actually did it. He also said that Death had respectable content which is ??? and earlier placed him as his top townread. He had me listed right after that and as a fairly heavy chunk of my D1 content was Death-related I'm not sure that even makes sense.

so uhh... NO CONCLUSION (leaning town if I had to though, just cuz I'm not actually sure Death was even around after Stickman became a viable counterwagon to push)

I think, sadly, that Fangirl is probably town. The slot had a pretty early Death vote and looking at Death's bizarre solid townread on Fangirl I'm inclined to think was scum trying to buddy town. I don't feel like it's two scumbuddies because IIRC at that point the attention on Fangirl had almost completely dropped, so a defence wasn't necessary at all. Hopefully the sub has more content.

I also think Wife legit townslipped by assuming the mafia was named The Darkness when it's actually just Mafia.

I'll look more in-depth at Samael and No Lynch tomorrow. A little tired atm.

Hi, nice to meet you all. Starting with a small post with some reads and questions/thoughts.

Don't like Twitter famous's vote early on and also dislike his back and forth with Red eye, who turned out to be town. This looks really weird for twitter. It was already weird that he was kind of justifying himself to his scum read but now that that read ended up flipping town I felt like this was kind of forced and I didn't like it. Could you possibly re-explain to me the Raido vote?

The Wife is like so town.

Issues with Stickman. Didn't really like his first post, felt a lot of it was unneeded fluff. Post #103 is what the fudge? Moving past that he has so many unneeded posts I feel and it's just clogging parts of the thread. Could we have less spam and your thoughts more directed on what's important like who you think is scum and who isn't? Going through your ISO really doesn't reveal too much except that you didn't like Red Eye or Death. Saw his crumb, not quite sure about it though.

Samael did like nothing all day. His first post of the day wasn't particularly good. I agree with his Stickman read in his second post but I would like more reads from him because there really wasn't much here. Could you get some more reads out please Samael? I don't mind the inactivity all that much but at least give us some reads to go with it.

Don't quite get why Knuckles on steroids is most likely town because of his vote. Maybe you could explain this better for me Wife? Why is Knuckles town if stickman is?

Gonna start off with this for now.

##Vote: Twitter Famous

Tbh I'm not all that confident with this softclaim at this point of the Day especially since it's a bastard game. It also contradicts a little bit with how you said you're not motivated anymore. ;/

This post irks me. What does the bastard nature of this game have to do with stickman's crumb? And also, how does it contradict that he is demotivated? I could suffer from demotivation as a multi-shot vigilante under the correct conditions, so I don't see how this is a contradiction, or even a point against him in general.

##Vote: Kelpie

All of the problems I have had with her earlier content still stands, and her Death interactions are unfavorable. Her posts passively defend the flipped mafia member, yet Kelpie never presents a definite read upon him, despite addressing the events surrounding him on a somewhat frequent basis.

I have neglected to reread in case I fell during the night, but I am fairly certain that Deathbound and The Wife are town through their interactions with Death. Both had a chance to divert the lynch onto stickman under the pretense of "testing his claim" but kept their vote down instead of attempting to save their roleblocker, at least until they could make use of their masshook. Knuckles' attempts to switch away raises alarms slightly, but I would need to look over the rest of his content to make a decision there.

I don't like Stickman's earlier posts and I still don't, but his interactions with Death lead me to townread him.

Nothing from Fangirl's posts indicates scum intent, and I consider Deathbound and The Wife town based off how they interacted with the flipped scum.

I don't like how RAIDO was less sold on a Red Eye lynch, but didn't bother changing his vote. Scum reading him slightly.

I don't think Scum Goon is scum based off his interactions with Death, and I agree with what he said about Kelpie. She says a lot about the other players, but comparatively very little about Death.

Scumreading Twitter, mostly based off his "interactions" with Death. He says only one thing about Death directly, which is on post 156 where he said he didn't like Death's vote on wife and that "his recent content is better", while it certainly wasn't.
No Lynch's interactions with Death are the worst from what I see. I don't see how anyone would find Death's content respectable, and he considered the flipped scum as one of the towniest players. This post here is particularly troublesome. It highlights No Lynch and Death's interactions. He displays similar interaction with Twitter. I definitely consider a No Lynch/Death/Twitter scumteam to be plausible.
##Vote: No Lynch

Replies to the fangirl:

-OK sooooo, I'm not really seeing your issues with Twitter's interactions with Red Eye. Like, the only thing I'm seeing on an initial skim is that his tone is kind of off maybe (didn't catch him appeasing to Red Eye at all). Also I feel better about him because of his RAIDO vote; if he was scum, I'd imagine he'd try to make a more active effort to actually prevent his scumbuddy from being lynched instead of just voting some other wagon.

-I'm with you on stickmanramp posting more detailed content, but what's your read on him? Same goes for Samael, really.

-Because Knuckles got stickmanramp lynched over Death.. (no...wait...the other way around). Day 1 bussing never works, so I'm not inclined to believe that's the case here.

Replies to Samael:

-Can you explain your townread on stickmanramp? I also don't get your reads on RAIDO and Scum Goon.

-Actually that's a good point regarding Twitter.

-Meh, not sure if scum would townread one of their players who's on the chopping block. I'll reread No Lynch's posts though and see if that's the case.

Also WRT Samael, I actually feel that everyone was expecting them to scumread Red Eye in their next post and noone would have batted an eye if they did (keep in mind that Red Eye was a bigger wagon than Samael at the time) so the fact that they didn't makes me inclined to believe that they may be town (because Red Eye was a much more viable counterwagon than stickmanramp)? I'll have better reads after I reread things!