A few questions about FE5

Conomore

I'm attempting to play FE5, but I don't really understand that much about it...

About the fatigue system... I get that you have to bench a character for a chapter if their fatigue stat exceeds HP, but do the characters get any penalties once their fatigue stat gets too high? (This is probably a coincidence where Fergus missed EVERYTHING because of the RNG, but I just want to make sure.)

And weapons... There's no repair shop, and the Repair staff is the only way to fix things, right? (I kinda need to know since I'll probably hoard the useless, broken weapons.)

Also, how often should I be trying to capture enemies for their weapons? I'm in Chapter 6 and a lot of my weapons have pretty low uses now. :/

Edited by Conomore

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If a character gets fatigue over their HP in battle they don't get penalties

You should try to capture enemies when its safe and if you can you should catch the sword armors if you can cause swords are pretty rare in this game and those indoor maps. (I hate those)

Yes repair staff is the only way to repair broken weapons or staffs.

Other things you should know.

Keep your staff users and thieves alive you need them since doors are common in this game and status effects don't go away in this game till you use restore.

Make sure you raise staff users staff level to C at least

Sidequests you should probably do are: 4X (you might be past that) and 19x (Imo)

And finally try to capture as much enemies with Restore , Rescue, or Warp Staff.

I think that's it (if I remember)

Edited by Jason W.

Also, Mekkah's character guide is pretty reliable. And also check out for Ch24. If you want to get to the gaiden, it's all about protecting the civilians.

And status effects last FOREVER.

Chapter 14 is horrendous, as is Chapter 22.

Here's a tip I found to be helpful. If there's an enemy that you're having trouble defeating, take all the items off a character and let an enemy capture them. The enemy should be easy to defeat then. But if the enemy get's too far away then you'll lose the character until Chapter 24x.

Here's a tip I found to be helpful. If there's an enemy that you're having trouble defeating, take all the items off a character and let an enemy capture them. The enemy should be easy to defeat then. But if the enemy get's too far away then you'll lose the character until Chapter 24x.

Chapter 21x. But yeah not bad advice, it certainly helps make it easier to capture that one Armor Knight standing on a fort with Fire Sword.

If a character gets fatigue over their HP in battle they don't get penalties

You should try to capture enemies when its safe and if you can you should catch the sword armors if you can cause swords are pretty rare in this game and those indoor maps. (I hate those)

Yes repair staff is the only way to repair broken weapons or staffs.

Other things you should know.

Keep your staff users and thieves alive you need them since doors are common in this game and status effects don't go away in this game till you use restore.

Make sure you raise staff users staff level to C at least

Sidequests you should probably do are: 4X (you might be past that) and 19x (Imo)

And finally try to capture as much enemies with Restore , Rescue, or Warp Staff.

I think that's it (if I remember)

Thanks, that's really helpful! (I've been capturing everything EXCEPT sword users... :()

Also, Mekkah's character guide is pretty reliable. And also check out for Ch24. If you want to get to the gaiden, it's all about protecting the civilians.

And status effects last FOREVER.

Chapter 14 is horrendous, as is Chapter 22.

I kinda saw that when I got hit by Jormung/Yotsumung...

(Ugh, is there a Berserk in this game? D: )

Don't make Leaf escapes before your other units.

I found out the hard way fumbling through the game before. D:

Thanks, I really need this.

A few. And one of the bosses in the final chapter has a Berserk Sword.

Thanks, I really need this.

Keep in mind that it's fairly risky.

I kinda saw that when I got hit by Jormung/Yotsumung...

Chapter 24 has a fair share of Dark Druids with their status effects staffs. Also, if you silence one, they have restore.

Chapter 24 has a fair share of Dark Druids with their status effects staffs. Also, if you silence one, they have restore.

Dark Mages. Or Druids.

Not Dark Druids. >_>

Dark Mages. Or Druids.

Not Dark Druids. >_>

Hey, it's not my fault there are hundreds of variations of Dark guys floating around FE4/5.

A few. And one of the bosses in the final chapter has a Berserk Sword.

Meh, this one's easy to deal with, open the door and kill him with range when you're ready. It's the Berserk staff user in that chapter (Elf) you should worry about. I think Mareeta with her personal Sword or someone with a Hero Weapon and Awareness would be a good candidate.

Hey, it's not my fault there are hundreds of variations of Dark guys floating around FE4/5.

Dark Druid isn't even in Jugdral, FE7 is to blame for this.

Edited by Sirius

I think Mareeta with her personal Sword or someone with a Hero Weapon and Awareness would be a good candidate.

Dark Druid isn't even in Jugdral, FE7 is to blame for this.

Trewd/Trude is a good candidate, if you want to train him.

Well, they do look similar

The fundamental thing to realize about FE5 is that unlike other games in the series, it's not really a game about tactics. It's a game about resource management. You have a billion different broken things running around, but you'll need them to win. Not using them is suicide, and using them too much means you can't beat the last chapters.

The basic algorithm I used is that if a specific item would make a chapter much easier in a truly noticable way, use it without remorse. Warp through chapter 12x, hit every enemy status staff user with your owwn status or the thief staff, etc.

Keep in mind that it's fairly risky.

Just don't let the enemy get to far away. If they do get away anyways you just got access to Chapter 21x. If you already have you'll still get the character back.

Just don't let the enemy get to far away. If they do get away anyways you just got access to Chapter 21x. If you already have you'll still get the character back.

But it sucks if that happens, like, early on in the game and you miss out on that character for, like 10 chapters or more. Getting an epically underleveled character back once he gets pwnt by every generic enemy he comes across is so incredibly useful, he might as well have been killed instead then. :/

If you end up going to C21x because of an underleveld captured unit say... LolTanya, you might as well just have Tina get some of the good items found in this chapter (Warp, Knight Proof) and leave >_>.

Let's see...

Tina opens the chest with Knight Proof. Re-move kicks in.

Tina opens the chest with Unlock. Lara dances.

Tina uses the Thief staff to steal a Warp. If Re-move is possible again, say hello to another Warp.

Then finish it with a rescue chain to have Tina and Lara escape.

Edited by Sirius

Not using them is suicide, and using them too much means you can't beat the last chapters.

Oh I don't know about that. 5 repair uses + 60 use prf weapons last quite a while. Then so long as you capture sleep'd/silence'd enemy mages, you'll always have enough staves to use. Then for the final chapter itself, Sety acts as a pretty reliable failsafe.

The fundamental thing to realize about FE5 is that unlike other games in the series, it's not really a game about tactics. It's a game about resource management. You have a billion different broken things running around, but you'll need them to win. Not using them is suicide, and using them too much means you can't beat the last chapters.

The basic algorithm I used is that if a specific item would make a chapter much easier in a truly noticable way, use it without remorse. Warp through chapter 12x, hit every enemy status staff user with your owwn status or the thief staff, etc.

Tactics and resource management are not two completely different terms. If anything, the word "tactics" could be compared to the tactics ratings in some fire emblems. Funds, combat, unit survival, turn count, and resource management are part of the tactics considered when playing most Fe's.

Thracia is also one of the only Fe's that will challenge how a player's individual tactics and will punish sloppy gamers. While Fe's like fe9 are pretty much the epitome of how you tried to describe thracia. Many mistakes can be made in PoR without the game forcing you to try something else. Some people might call that freedom, while others like myself will say it supports gameplay that hardly uses tactics at all.

When you get to chapter 11x (beating chapter 11 in 20 turns and activating portcullis) you get this purple haired mage knight. Her bases are atrocious, but use her until her tome goes broke, then kill her dead. Then you get a very good mage knight called Eyrios.

Also, save your hero weapons and Prf weapons for later. In the begining chapters, dismounted Fin is good enough, don't waste his brave lance. Capture as much as possible

When you get to chapter 11x (beating chapter 11 in 20 turns and activating portcullis) you get this purple haired mage knight. Her bases are atrocious, but use her until her tome goes broke, then kill her dead. Then you get a very good mage knight called Eyrios.

:awesome:

Olwen is better than Eyrios, and you can get up to 3 Daim Thunder tomes - which are more than enough for the entire game.

:awesome:

Olwen is better than Eyrios, and you can get up to 3 Daim Thunder tomes - which are more than enough for the entire game.

Abusing Rivis to get the first :awesome:

Still, both are actually pretty sweet. It's a shame you can't sacrifice someone like Eda to get both.

Correction: Daim thunder with an atrocious vassal is better than Eyrios because of join time.

Tome 1: Default Fail

Tome 2: Lifis Spam

Tome 3: (Olwen is already dead)

Considering that Olwen NEEDS Daim thunder to survive, 60 uses, about 20 kills, is nothing. Not to mention if she misses, she dies. 70 base hit. Thracia style RNG

Edited by Robert

Correction: Daim thunder with an atrocious vassal is better than Eyrios because of join time.

Tome 1: Default Fail

Tome 2: Lifis Spam

Tome 3: (Olwen is already dead)

Considering that Olwen NEEDS Daim thunder to survive, 60 uses, about 20 kills, is nothing. Not to mention if she misses, she dies. 70 base hit. Thracia style RNG

Except she makes a very good use of Ambush due to Hero 1-2 range magic. She's not perfect but she's not awful either. The Holy Sword also makes her a perfect mage killer, and with that 4 PCC she can manage to critical quite often with just about anything from Rapiers to Wind tomes.

This said, her accuracy isn't flawless, her durability is pretty awful if she misses and she's also alot more affected by fatigue ( though I guess you don't want her this much on indoor/high ballistae maps ).

Her bases are atrocious, but use her until her tome goes broke, then kill her dead.

But then you can't SSS-rank the game anymore...

I don't think you need to save your really broken weapons that much (unless said weapon is called Grafcalibur) if you don't waste them against really weak generics. Unless you do it like me and either don't even get them (Daim Thunder) or lose them because the unit holding them gets owned by unexpectedly arriving, completely overpowered reinforcements (10 dark mages popping out of thin air in chapter 14 = dead BraveAxe!Havan...).