Base Level Shanan's Offense vs. Epilogue Enemies

Paperblade

Base level Shanan vs. Epilogue generics

Shanan has 48 attack at base level with Balmung, 32 Skill, and 40AS, giving him a 32% Astra and 60% Continue activation.

He also has 154 Hit before Celice Leadership + Nanna/Delmud Charisma, 194 after. This means that the only enemies who will ever realistically have even a chance of dodging his attacks are the Pegasus Sisters, who sport 110 Avoid if getting Meng's leadership bonus.

Level 25 Axe Knights w/Shield Rings with Fisher: 55HP/18 Defense - 30x2 damage, dead.

Level 30 Dark Mages at Velthomer: 70HP/10 Defense - 38 x2 damage, dead.

Level 21 Forest Knights and Duke Knights with Robert: 61HP/14 Defense - 34x2 damage, dead.

Level 26 Bow Knights with Scorpio: 66HP/15 Defense - 33x2 damage, dead.

Level 25 Forrests and Snipers at Edda: 65HP/14 Defense - 34x2 damage, dead.

The only generic enemies that are not met with a similar fate are:

Level 25 Great Knights with Brian: 70HP/22 Defense - 26x2 damage, live with 18HP. 92.6% chance to activate either Astra or Continue within 2 attacks.

Level 25 Barons with Hilda: 70HP/19 Defense - 29x2 damage, live with 12HP. 92.6% chance to Astra or Continue within 2 attacks.

Base level Shanan vs. Epilogue bosses

Robert: 70HP/21 Defense - 27x2 damage, live with 16HP. 92.6% chance to activate either Astra or Continue within 2 attacks.

Boyce: 72HP/19 Defense - 29x2 damage, live with 14HP. 92.6% chance to activate either Astra or Continue within 2 attacks.

Rodan: 63HP/5 Defense - 43x2 damage, dead.

Yupheel: 69HP/12 Defense - 36x2 damage, dead.

Fisher: 67HP/23 Defense - 25x2 damage, live with 17HP. 92.6% chance to activate either Astra or Continue within 2 attacks.

Daggon: 69HP/12 Defense - 36x2 damage, dead.

Hilda: 70HP/19 Defense - 29x2 damage, live with 12HP. 92.6% chance to activate either Astra or Continue within 2 attacks.

Scorpio: 80HP/24 Defense - 24x2 damage, live with 32HP. Has a 54% chance to Astra kill, but needs a Continue + Astra to kill. Chance to kill is still very high.

Barran: 69HP/12 Defense - 36x2 damage, dead.

Bleg/Maybell/Meng: 65HP/21 Defense - 27x2 damage, live with 11HP. Nihil negates Astra, and if they land their Earth Sword counter they'll live through his third hit. They also have a 45% chance to Continue. Shanan has a 36% chance to Continue at least once.

Ishtar: 70HP/18 Defense - 30x2 damage, live with 10HP. 92.6% chance to activate either Astra or Continue within 2 attacks, but not recommended because of Thorhammer.

Manfroy: 80HP/23 Defense - 25x2 damage, live with 30HP. Has a 54% chance to Astra kill, but needs a Continue + Astra to kill. Chance to kill is still very high.

Everything after that: Do a Julia solo (the only 2 enemies with comparable defenses to Manfroy are Eins and Drei, who are both 4HKO'd, the rest are 3HKO'd. Elf may also land a Resire hit, but her Defense is also the weakest of the lot, taking 32 damage a hit, so even if she does hit she will fall into the Eins/Drei 4HKO range. Note that she only has 110 Hit, which means that her Hit will be quite abysmal vs. Shanan in most circumstances).

The highest hit of any generic enemy are the Killer Bow Snipers with Ishtar, who have 136 before Leadership. Ishtar herself has 5 leadership stars, boosting this to 176 Hit. Shanan on neutral terrain with Celice leadership + Nanna/Delmud Charisma gives him 130 Avoid, bringing that down to 46 Hit is Ishtar is withing 3 spaces, a piddling 6 if not.

I'm trying to think of another FE character that's just this ridiculous at base level and fits Shanan's availability but I really can't.

Edited by Paperblade

I haven't read the whole thing (takes too long) but I get your point. Shanan is super awesome with Balmung.

As for other characters, I can only think of one person: Eyvel (FE5). However, Eyvel's situation is still very different from Shanan so I'm not sure it'd be fair.

You could also try Sirius but I don't think he's that good at base level.

Nope, which is a 25% chance per hit.

Scorpio: 80HP/24 Defense - 24x2 damage, live with 32HP. Has a 54% chance to Astra kill, but needs a Continue + Astra to kill. Chance to kill is still very high.

For him and every other enemy that is 4HKOed, Shannan can also just trigger 2 Continues (36% chance overall for just that).

I'm trying to think of another FE character that's just this ridiculous at base level and fits Shanan's availability but I really can't.
I have to ask; does Shanan's availability mean "5/11 of the game" or "5/6 of the game," because the only thing even come close to the latter is Seth and he's not nearly as ridiculous as Shanan at base level. If you're talking the former, FE10 Ike.

Did I say you could?

Anyway, I suppose base level Levin!Arthur has more availability, but he's much less epic. No Pursuit, "only" 26 base AS, 46% Continue, 20% critical.

Did I say you could?

Anyway, I suppose base level Levin!Arthur has more availability, but he's much less epic. No Pursuit, "only" 26 base AS, 46% Continue, 20% critical.

I was not referring exactly to you, but to the thread's creator.

Base level Ares pl0x.

You can't just ignore it.

I actually forgot they had Big Shield. >_>

And I left Brian out because the only 2 physical attacks that should ever be attacking him are named Faval and Altenna, and even then why use them when you can just gogoHolsety? I mean, I suppose I could throw up a note that says "Shanan, as well as 95% of the rest of your physical attacks are bloody useless against this boss if you want to kill him within a reasonable amount of time"

Also, base level Ike doesn't rape 4-E the way that Shanan rapes Epilogue.