Gatrie is ridiculous

Proof: A conversation among the GMs in 3-P

Ike: Greil Mercenaries, report in.

Titania: Titania here. I have a lot of str. My other stats are okay but could use some help. I'm mounted though.

Oscar: Oscar reporting in, I'm pretty much worse than Titania in everything except affinity.

Shinon: I have godly stats but I have no 1-range.

Rolf: I'm worse than Shinon in everything.

Soren: I have horrendous durability and my offense isn't enough to make up for it.

Rhys: I get one rounded by the entire map.

Mist: Me too!

Mia: I double everything but my att and def are crap.

Boyd: I never double and my durability is mediocre.

Gatrie: I have the best str and def in this party and I have uber growths in str, spd, and def. I actually have the best growth spread in the entire game. I would be the best unit ever if my class didn't suck so much.

Ike: Hmm... something's not right here, but I just can't put my finger on it. Oh well.

*during the chapter*

Titania: Hiya! Now it's time to canto away!

Oscar: Wait, I'm the one who should do that, I'm worse than you!

Boyd: Man, I wish I had canto. It would give me an excuse to having bad stats.

Shinon: Hey, I need someone to tank for me!

Rolf: Me too!

Mia: Whatever enemy I face, please let it not be a general, please let it not be a general.... GODDAMMIT IT'S A GENERAL!

Enemy: *looks at Rhys funny*

Rhys: OH GOD I THINK I'M DYING.

Mist: Don't worry Rhys, I'll protect you! *attacks enemy, does 0 damage*

Soren: Someone protect me while I'm casting!

Gatrie: THIS LANCE OF MINE GLOWS WITH AN AWESOME POWER! ITS BURNING SHAFT TELLS ME TO-

*Ike kills enemy*

Gatrie: Argh! That was my kill!

Ike: Gatrie, what are you doing?

Gatrie: I'm going to solo the map!

Ike: Are you kidding? That's my job!

Gatrie: Ike, there's a mage over there!

Ike: What? The mages... the mages wish to... CONSUME ME! *runs away*

Gatrie: Ike, I was only joking...

*after the chapter*

Ranulf: Thanks for your help.

Ike: No problem. Though I wish my sister could actually do damage.

Mist: It's okay! I have an even better weapon than Florete!

Ike: And what is that?

Mist: Love!

Ike:*facepalm*

Rhys: Justice!

Gatrie: Sexuality!

Shinon: Would you stop?

Volug is ridiculous

This is basically a summary of his life in FE10, starting in 1-5.

Volug: Hai guyz, wuts goin on here?

Nolan: I'm a pretty cool guy. I figth and doesnt afraid of anything.

Aran: I'm pretty good at tanking.

Edward: Me too, except I do it with my pants off.

Leo: I'm so charming the enemies like attacking me. btw I have crappy offense and I die in 2 hits.

Micaiah: I get OHKO'd by everything. The stuff that can't double and kill me anyway.

Laura: Me too, except everything doubles me, in addition to OHKOing me.

Ilyana: I'd fight, but I'm too hungry. That and everything kills me in two hits.

Meg: I'm bottom tier lolololol

Sothe: I'm the only one who doesn't get my ass kicked if four guys gang up on me.

Volug: Sounds good. I have more att than Sothe, and about the same speed and def, but way more HP and move. btw, I have earth affinity too. brb, imma solo the map.

*proceeds to rape the face off of everything*

Volug: These enemies taste good.

Ilyana: Can I have some?

Volug: You have to get your own.

Ilyana: But I'm so hungry...

Then 1-6 rolls around...

Tauroneo: Hai I'm gonna solo this chapter with my trusty bronze lance.

Volug: That's cool, but you only exist for this chapter.

Tauroneo: What? Dammit!

Jill: Hey I'm Jill, why do you have over twice my base HP?

Zihark: I'm Zihark, our offense is about the same, but why are you stomping my durability and move?

Nolan: I'm still getting my ass kicked.

Aran: Me too.

Edward: I don't even wanna go near Volug. He might eat me.

Volug: That's not possible. I only eat enemies, and I can tell you're not an enemy because you're weaker than them.

And then 1-6-2....

Fiona: I'm going to rebel against the boss! I hope you guys can save me in time, because these guys kill me in two hits and I'm across the map!

Micaiah: She's so far away!

Leo: We wait for the day!

Nolan: Is there anyone who can save her in time?

Tauroneo: I'd go, but my mobility sucks ass.

Meg: We have to save her. After all, I'll finally have someone on the team worse than me!

Volug: Did someone just call my name? *runs off to save Fiona's dumb ass*

Jill: I'll come too!

Aran: What for? All you'll do is stay behind him.

Ilyana: Fooooood...

Begnion enemy: What's this? A laguz? Kill him!

Volug: lolnub *pwns*

to be continued...

Mordecai is ridiculous

Proof: A conversation Ike had with the beast laguz in chapter 3-4...

Ike: Ugh! Nub**** Skrimir had to go and screw everything up. Now we have to go and save his ass.

Ranulf: Okay. Lemme call on some reinforcements. Hmmm... I'll call out Lethe, Kyza, Lyre, and Mordy.

Lethe: Hi, I'm Lethe! I have crappy attack and defense, and my speed isn't much better, and I'm a cat, and I have one of the worst affinities in the game. I hope I'll be of use!

Lyre: Hi, I'm Lyre! I'm one of the worst units in the game. I'm worse than my sister in every way except affinity. I think I might be good for cannon fodder!

Kyza: Hi, I'm Kyza. I'm a FABULOUS tiger and I suck almost as much as Lyre, in more ways than one too.

Mordecai: Hi, I'm Mordy. I take no damage from 90% of the enemies and 2-round everything back. I also have one of the best affinities in the game too. If you give me Resolve, I can solo the entire map with no problem.

Ike: Hmm... Who should I bring along?

Mia: Don't bring Mordy, he has bad speed!

Ike: Well, our chapters are piss-ass easy and we can bring a million units along for every chapter, so let's just take all of them.

During the middle of the chapter...

Lethe: Hiyaaa! Take that! *takes 10 damage, hits back for crappy damage* Huh, I untransformed already?

Lyre: Grrr! *takes 9001 damage, hits back for 0* Huh, I died already?

Kyza: The enemies are running away from me! Maybe it's because I'm too fabulous.

Mordy: GIGA CLAW BREAKER!!!! *takes no damage, hits back for 20*

Haar: Damn Mordy. Even I'm still taking some damage when I attack. What's your secret?

Mordy: You know 3-13 archer?

Haar: Yeah?

Mordy: He's actually my second uncle twice removed.

Sigrun is terrible

Sigrun: Hai guyz, I have a 25% speed growth and 10% defense growth, with craptastic bases in both stats. At least my strength growth doesn't blow at 45%, but my base sucks even more. I hope I'll be of service.

Rafiel: Interesting. I have a 20% speed growth and 10% defense growth. Perhaps we're long lost siblings?

Leanne: asdhasdhfsdhsfduasga (I do too, Rafiel!)

Reyson: nub, I have double your defense growth.

Aran: My strength growth alone is almost as high as your str + spd + def growths combined.

Sothe: Maybe I should arm wrestle Sigrun instead of Skrimir. I have the same base str as her 18 levels lower.

Naesala: I think you need some training. Here, I'll fight you while I'm untransformed. Oh wait, sorry, I'd still win.

Sigrun: You're all making fun of me! Just watch! I will protect the empress! *flies off to some enemy*

Enemy: Haha, fool. I have better stats than you, and I'm not even carrying a weapon.

Sigrun: Oh no! Empress Sanaki, please protect me!

SanakI: What am I supposed to do? I get OHKO'd by every enemy on the map.

Sigrun: Help! *gets pwned*

Moral of the story: Be aware of the unit with the amazing 18 str base, and 25% spd and 10% def growths.

I discovered a checklist of sorts IS used when giving out bases and stuff

Like when IS was making the characters, and giving them bases, growths, availability, and so forth, they just used this checklist. It saved them a lot of time, they told me.

Basically you just go down the list. When you completed the unit you exit the list (if the choice wasn't a "Proceed to question X" form, then it was finished), otherwise you keep going down.

1. Is the unit named Ike?

Yes - Proceed to give the unit massive stats everywhere. Also make sure Ragnell comes early.

No - Proceed to question 2.

2. Is the unit a beast or flying laguz royal?

Yes - Give the unit massive overkill stats everywhere, but make them never exist. Formshift optional.

No - Proceed to question 3.

3. Does the unit join able to wield a staff?

Yes - Proceed to question 4.

No - Proceed to question 5.

4. Is the unit named Elincia?

Yes - Buff Amiti and give the unit uber growths, but make her never around.

No - Give the unit terrible bases and growths and caps. Optional: Give them even crappier bases and a terrible affinity, and give them good growths to make it seem like they're good.

5. Can the unit use magic tomes?

Yes - Proceed to question 6.

No - Proceed to question 7.

6. Will the unit have a speed growth over 35?

Yes - Give the unit a good speed growth, but give them terrible availability. Also give them bad caps. Optional: Give them a good def growth as well, but make their availability even worse.

No - Make the unit very slow, preferably 35% spd growth or below, and with a bad def growth. Also give them bad caps.

7. Is the unit mounted?

Yes - Proceed to question 8.

No - Proceed to question 11.

8. Is the unit a paladin?

Yes - Proceed to question 9.

No - Proceed to question 10.

9. Is the unit in the Greil Mercenaries?

Yes - Give the unit ridiculous stats and availability.

No - Give the unit horrendous stats and availability.

10. Is the unit a pegasus?

Yes - Give the unit horrible stats and availability, and make them weak to crossbows.

No - Give the unit better stats, and huge caps, and not weak to crossbows. Instead make them weak to thunder magic, which will be the worst magic type in the game.

11. Is the unit going to be massively overleveled?

Yes - Proceed to question 12.

No - Proceed to question 16.

12. Is the unit going to be in the Dawn Brigade?

Yes- Proceed to question 13.

No - Proceed to question 14.

13. Does the unit have Earth affinity, or is named Sothe?

Yes - Give the unit ridiculous bases and availability.

No - Give the unit ridiculous bases but terrible availability.

14. Is the unit going to be in the Crimean Royal Knights?

Yes - Give the unit terrible bases for their level, and terrible growths, and have them only fight for 2-3 chapters.

No - Proceed to question 15.

15. Is the unit going to be in the Greil Mercenaries by 3-2?

Yes - Give the unit ridiculous bases and growths and availability. They should be capable of soloing maps.

No - Have the unit exist for 1-3 chapters in part 2 and then disappear until the end of the game.

16. Is the unit a beorc that's going to be massively underleveled?

Yes - Proceed to give the unit terrible bases. Good growths is optional.

No - Proceed to question 17.

17. Is the unit a laguz?

Yes - Proceed to question 18.

No - Proceed to question 21.

18. Is the unit a heron?

Yes - Proceed to give the unit utterly broken chants.

No - Proceed to question 19.

19. Is the unit level 26-30?

Yes - Give the unit ridiculous bases.

No - Proceed to question 20.

20. Is the unit named Mordecai?

Yes - Give the unit a huge str and def base.

No - Give the unit crappy bases and mediocre growths.

21. Is the unit a beorc that joins in part 4?

Yes - Give the unit stats that make them pointless compared to the royals.

No - Proceed to question 22.

22. Is the unit a halberdier?

Yes - Proceed to give them stats that will cause arguments among people forever and ever until the end of time.

No - Give the unit random bases and growths, even if it doesn't match the class' archetype.

Okay, I hate to break the chain of posts you have going here, but this is good stuff. Very enjoyable.

Anyway, continue on.

Edited by caleb723

Undeniable proof that Meg is actually a man.

Know how the trend for caps is that, typically, a male has a higher str cap than a female.

In addition, weapon type tends to determine your str cap. For example, an axe paladin has a higher str cap than a lance paladin, who has a higher str cap than a sword paladin.

But look at serenesforest

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/class_max.html

Note how the "female" sword marshall has a str cap of 36.

And lance marshall (which is assumed to be male because there are no female lance marshalls) also has a cap of 36.

It is not logically possible for a sword marshall to have the same str cap as a lance marshall, let alone a "female" sword marshall.

Unless...

Meg is a man.

IS REAAAALLY hated healers in this game

Proof; a conversation between two of the producers that I received. Unfortunately I don't know their names, so I'll simply dub them Bob and Fred. Note: This may come as a shock to some of you, and contains some spoilers about the game...

Bob: Hey, let's make healers suck ass in this game.

Fred: Cool, but how are we gonna do that?

Bob: Well, we'll make three of the healers, Laura, Mist, and Rhys, have the worst base stats in the game. We'll let all three of them get one-rounded by every single enemy for the first few chapters they start in. Actually, let's make Laura's even worse than the other two; let's get her OHKO'd AND doubled by every enemy ever in part 1, and we'll give her better growths and pretend that it's balanced, and we'll also give her the worst affinity in the game. Then we'll give Mist and Rhys some of the worst growth spreads in the game and pretend that's balanced too. To make it even funnier, let's give Laura and Rhys the worst caps in the game, and we'll give those two light magic, which we'll make the worse type in the game, and we'll make Mist even worse by locking her to swords and not having any magic swords exist.

Fred: I don't think that's enough. I mean, healers have been always useful for healing, right? Why would their stats matter?

Bob: You're right. So let's throw in some ridiculous healing items. We'll have consumable items that can heal 10, 20, or 40 HP, and give them 2-3 times more uses than what vulneraries had in previous games that could only heal 10 HP.

Fred: But there are other staves that are good, like physic, that you can't replicate that easily with items.

Bob: Yeah, so let's have them actually equip it when they use it and give it a funny gimmick that'll lure the people into thinking we're being innovative when in reality it makes them 10 times worse than in previous games. Instead of letting them counter with their normal weapon on enemy phase, we'll make them counter with the staff instead! We'll give the staves all 1-range offense and use the healer's str to attack, and since every enemy has ridiculous def they're usually doing no damage, and we'll give them small effects like restore HP so they don't think we're purposely nerfing the **** out of them.

Fred: What about the other healers?

Bob: That's a good question. Let's throw Oliver in the game to surprise people because they thought he died in Path of Radiance, and we'll also give him horrible base stats so he gets doubled by everything too, and of course he's a Saint too. Let's also throw in Elincia and give her ridiculous bases, growths, and a rigged weapon to make all of them look even worse than they already are, and we'll force Micaiah into 4-E, making them completely non-essential there.

Fred: Hmmm... so we'll give them really bad bases, bad growths, and bad caps, seriously devalue the worth of staves by throwing in ridiculous healing items and having them counter with it on enemy phase instead of their normal weapon, and make them completely non-essential by having other units that seriously outclass them?

Bob: Exactly.

Fred: Hand me a cigar, because I just came.

IS REAAAALLY hated magic users in this game

Proof; a conversation between two of the producers that I received. Unfortunately I don't know their names, so I'll simply dub them Michael and Jackson.

Michael: Hey let's make magic users suck ass in this game.

Jackson: Cool, but how are we gonna do that?

Michael: Well, we'll give them horrendous bases and growth spreads and caps. We'll give them good magic, but terrible speed, meaning they'll never double attack, and then we'll also make magic tomes have significantly less power than regular weapons, so even when factoring in enemies having a higher defense than resistance, magic users will be doing the same damage as regular units per hit. And then we'll continue to not make any good magic tomes other than simple might upgrades, while we'll make killer, brave, and other godly weapons for the normal weapon types, and then we'll give them magic tomes with 3-10 range but with only 5 uses and never buyable, to fool players into thinking we aren't sandbagging magic users. We'll also make their SS weapons have extremely few uses, and give the SS weapons for the other weapon types over 3 times the usage. We'll also give magic users mastery skills that are very weak when compared to the mastery skills we'll give to the other classes. They'll be so bad they aren't OHKOs.

Jackson: Well, magic users were always known for attacking at 1 or 2 range at full power, so they are useful in that aspect, right?

Michael: Right. So we'll also give magic users horrible defense, so they die extremely fast, even with the whole part of not taking counterattacks as often, and unlike in previous installments we'll also give them terrible avoid, partly because their speed is so low. Then we'll give them horrible caps, so even if you bother to train and raise them, they'll be bad anyway.

Jackson: But you can't make magic users bad in every stat, right?

Michael: Right. So let's give them good skill, luck, or resistance, or a combination of those stats, to give the illusion that we're not purposely nerfing them, despite the fact that those three stats are nearly useless. We'll also give them bad mobility and give them 1 less move than your other units, which will be the same as generals, only without the durability, and we'll give them a lower move penalty when moving across certain terrain to pretend that we're not purposely sandbagging them.

Jackson: I dunno man. I don't think you can make all of them really slow and low defense. Won't the gamers catch on to our plan?

Michael: Yeah, and I have an idea for that. Let's give a few of the mages good speed, but make them either join really underleveled, or make them never around and will become underleveled as a result. We'll also make a few of them have good defense as well as good speed, but make them even more underleveled.

Jackson: But magic users would also gain staves when they promote, so they'd have a second purpose.

Michael: Yeah, but staves and healers were nerfed to hell already. Didn't Bob tell you?

Jackson: Hmm... what about enemy magic users?

Michael: Hell, let's make them bad too. We'll make them slower than generals with the same attack as swordmasters, and also make them the frailest enemy type. It's not like there will be that many of them in the game.

Jackson: But won't the gamers catch on, if we make the enemy magic users as well as the playable ones bad?

Michael: Of course not! If they're dumb enough to buy this game they'll be dumb enough to not spot it.

Jackson: I see... so we'll give magic users really bad durability, and offense that is no better than your other units, and give them bad caps to hinder their potential, and bad mobility, and then throw in a bunch of funny gimmicks to hide the fact that we're purposely sandbagging them?

Michael: Yes.

Jackson: Brilliant! Let's go get lunch.

Michael: Sorry, I have a surgery scheduled in an hour.

Jackson: Really? For what?

Michael: My nose.

First you posted 5 times in a row, then you quad-posted.

Awesome :awesome:

Seriously, though, you don't really need to share this with us. You're already stroking your ego at GFaqs, so why do need to repost that shit here?

Seriously, though, you don't really need to share this with us. You're already stroking your ego at GFaqs, so why do need to repost that shit here?

Not everyone goes to the GameFAQs message boards. Like myself for example.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

Laura has wind, not Heaven.

Still, these are pretty amusing.

Heaven is better than wind, because the huge hit boost can actually do something, since non-forgable weapons can reach low hit rates (hammer is 60, for starters, and tempest blade is 55). Or at least makes your hit immune to biorhythm.

Wind, on the other hand, has a ridiculously small avoid and hit boost. It won't even fully cover for biorhythm.

Anyway, I'm going to post a few more stories, maybe, but some will be from my ranking topic.

Edited by smash fanatic

Base level Tormod with his fists could beat base Mist with Florete in a fight

Assuming a fist has 0 mt, uses str, and has 1 range, and hit/avoid doesn't matter, Tormod would deal 6 damage to Mist's 28 HP and double her. Mist would deal 10 damage to Tormod's 34 HP and not double.

The only way Mist would win is if she was allowed to attack at 2-range (i.e. if there was a Tormod phase and a Mist phase, and Mist could attack at 2-range on her own phase). If it was an arena-like fight from the ones in FE6/7/8, Mist would lose even if she went first. Oh, or if she scored a crit, and she has like 7 crit on Tormod.

Even switching between Florete and Mend, Mist would still lose without a Crit or being able to attack at 2 range.

Tormod attacks, Mist counters. Tormod is down 10HP, Mist is down 12.

Mist equips Mend.

Tormod attacks, Mist counters for 0 damage. Tormod is down 10HP, Mist is down 24.

Mist heals 20HP.

Mist attacks with Florete, Tormod counters. Tormod is down 20HP, Mist is down 16HP.

Tormod attacks, Mist counters. Tormod is down 30HP, Mist dies on Tormod's second attack.

Or.

Mist attacks, Tormod counters. Tormod is down 10HP, Mist is down 12.

Tormod attacks, Mist counters. Tormod is down 20HP, Mist is down 24.

Mist equips Mend.

Tormod attacks, Mist counters for 0 damage. Tormod is down 20HP, Mist is dead.

And if she just kept Mend equipped the entire time, Tormod would eventually kill her.

Yes, a mage that is only 4 levels higher than Mist could beat her using a sword with just his fists in a fight. It's amazing what Mist's base stats can do for her.

Discuss.

Shinon is ridiculous

This is a clip of Shinon's epic story in Radiant Dawn. Starting in 3-P.

Shinon: Hey guys, what's up? Sorry I was so terrible in FE9, lemme pwn the crap out of everything in this game to make up for it.

Ike: Weird, I thought you had LOLBASES in FE9 and WTFGROWTHS. Why do you now have WTFBASES and WTFGROWTHS?

Shinon: By the way, you paladins, I outtank you. I have more HP/def/avoid/res than you. And I'm a sniper.

Titania; WTF? I thought we're the frontliners!

Oscar: I wanna jump off a cliff.

Shinon: Don't worry, I have WTFTHUNDER affinity and 45% def growth and a stupidly high def cap for some reason, so I'm gonna be outtanking you and 90% of the team for the entire game. I actually have the best HP/def combo of everyone in this little pack other than Ike and Gatrie. By the way, I double everything on the map. With crit. Give me a killer bow and the enemy's gone. Or some lightly forged steel bow. Actually, I could probably kill them with my fist. Or my pe-

Boyd: But you can't attack at 1-range!

Shinon: Haha, go try and plug up that chokepoint then.

Boyd: I'll show you! *dies*

Shinon: BY the way, Rolf, you're my apprentice, but you're never going to surpass me.

Rolf: What? But I thought the apprentice always surpasses the master!

Shinon: I'm mother****ing Obi-Wan.

Rolf: Then what's the point of me existing?

Shinon: To make me look good.

And then the story continues a little down the line, after Shinon promotes.

Shinon: Hey guys, what's up?

Boyd: You know what's up? You're dragging us down with your not countering and stuff!

Shinon: Oh yeah, about that. I just promoted, so now I can attack at 3-range.

Titania: WTF? As if giving you +crit and a mastery that takes up less capacity than others wasn't enough?

Shinon: Yeah, 3-range lets me attack an enemy from like 20 possible squares, so now I can basically position myself anywhere I want without getting out of formation. It's almost like I have canto without the drawbacks of a horse! I'm also never gonna get countered by anything on Player Phase. That includes dragons, Levail, Degh, Ashera, Han Solo, SlayerS_'Boxer', Andrew W.K., Gandalf the Grey, Gandalf the White, Monty Python and the Holy Grail's Black Knight...

*3 hours later*

Shinon: ...Rick Astley, Michael Jackson, LeBron James, and Captain Planet. Even MC Hammer can't touch me. The only thing that can hit me at 3-range is Snake's uptilt.

Gatrie: But you still can't counter at 1-range!

Shinon: Gatrie, there's a tree with a skirt over there.

Gatrie: Really?

And then the story continues, up until 4-E...

Shinon: Hey look this nub sniper was carrying the Double Bow. It's mine now.

Sothe: What the hell? It has 22 mt and +3 str and 1-2 range?

Shinon: Yeah. So now I can attack at 1-3 range with a 25 att bow, double everything with crit and deadeye chance, and I'm still mother****ing tanky. Move aside everyone, I have a map to solo.

Ike: Wtf? Shinon's better than me now!

Tibarn: Me too! And to think IS purposely tried to rig me and give me godly stats, and I'm not even the best in my part of the game! What's this bull-

Levail: Give me a break. At least you guys are fighting with Shinon!

All the generic enemies in the map: But strength in numbers! If we all fight Shinon at the same time, surely he'll die!

Shinon: LOLNO

*Shinon solos the map*

Ike: FFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Moral of the story: If Shinon had 1-range options outside of Double Bow that didn't suck ass (aka not crappy crossbows), he probably would've been better than Haar, and certainly better than Ike.

Wind, on the other hand, has a ridiculously small avoid and hit boost. It won't even fully cover for biorhythm.

Comparing Wind to Fire, why is Hit + Attack >>> Hit + Avo? See the avo can actually work, you know. With Earth/Thunder/Dark/Wind it can produce 15 or higher.

Heaven on the other hand does diddly squat. You M's have plenty of natural hit and can probably reliably hit even with just a wind support. Some endgame stats for you:

Level 20/10 Mia with a tempest blade, 'A' Nephenee: 185 Hit

Level 20/6 Zihark with a tempest blade, 'A' Sothe: 155 Hit

Enemies have ~80 avo in 4-E-1, meaning Mia faces 100 hit and Zihark faces 75 displayed, which is in the 80's when it comes to real. No hitting problems.

Zihark only faces hitting problems with it against the spirits and Aura and Ashera in 4-E-5. Aside from that, he always has displayed hits above 60. I don't think heaven > Wind just for 1 chapter better of usage.

I can't seem to read your post smash, everytime my computer passes thru your avatar it makes a loud noise

Edited by Aioria

Mordy.. (spoilers)

Mordy at base level takes no damage from every non-mage enemy in 2-3. Well, minus venin weapons, because poison.

Mordy at base level takes damage from about 10 enemies in 2-E (minus reinforcements). About 3 of them are thunder mages. The rest are enemies who do less than 5 damage to him, except Ludveck who does 8.

Mordy at base level is only damaged by 9 non-mages in 3-4. They all do 6 or less damage to him.

Mordy at base level takes single digit damage from anything not a mage in 4-P, 1 or 2.

Mordy at base level takes less than 10 damage from most of the generals in 4-E-1. Granted, they double, which makes him 3 rounded by them. At his base level.

Mordy at level 27 with no supports can get Impaled twice in a row by Levail, and he would survive. Mordy at level 30 with a +2 def support is 10HKO'd by Levail.

Mordy at base level and no supports is 3HKO'd by 4-E-3 red dragons. For reference, Gatrie with capped def is probably 3HKO'd unless he's got something else to boost his def. If Mordy were properly leveled (say level 30, but with no supports/cover), Red Dragons 6HKO.

Mordy at level 34, standing on a cover tile and with a +3 def support, can get doubled by Degh, with one of the hits being an ire, and he will survive. If Kurth is also next to Mordy, he only needs to be level ~26. For reference, no beorc can ever survive that no matter how much is thrown at them (Haar and Gatrie tie for highest def of all beorcs, and they get OHKO'd). This leaves Muarim, Skrimir, Tibarn, and Nailah who need to be a significantly higher level than Mordy to survive an Ire (Cain and Giffca can survive ire at base level, provided they have cover + Kurth).

List of 3rd tier classes who have a higher/the same def cap as Mordy's base.

Sentinel

Marshall

Dragonlord

Vanguard

Marksman

Which means Mordy beats out every magic class, every paladin class, seraph knights, reavers, whispers/assassins, and trueblades. I might've missed a few.

List of units who have a higher/the same def base as Mordy.

Nailah

Tibarn

Cain

Giffca

Gareth

So out of the 70+ units in the game, it takes royals and red dragon Gareth to match Mordy. (Technically BK too, but **** him).

And to think, IS thought it would be a good idea to give a level 16 laguz 32 base def that also fights in half of parts 2 and 3.

Mordy = most underrated unit in teh game

Discuss

Hypothetical situations part 1

1) What if Mia joined 7 levels higher with the same bases and crappier growths, had 1 chapter before part 4 instead of 11, but had a better affinity?

Oh wait, nevermind. We already have Lucia.

2) What if Mist couldn't heal?

Oh wait, nevermind. We already have Lyre.

3) What if the DB had a couple chapters where half the generic enemies were about as strong as the bosses in GM chapters?

Oh wait, nevermind. We already have 3-6 and 3-13.

4) What if we had a combat unit that had the same growths as a heron?

Oh wait, nevermind. We have Sigrun.