Fire Emblem 6: Sword of Dragons

Dark Sage

So the other day, when I was playing FE5, my creative juices got bubbling. And then I decided to make a fan sequel to FE6. It would capture the epic, varied feel of FE5, but using FE6's engine.

Here is the story:

17 years after the war against Bern, a new threat arose in Ilia. King Torrin, cold blooded king of Ilia, invaded Sacae, Bern, and made preparations for making war on Lycia and Etruria. Unbeknowest to anyone, Torrin is secretely controlled by Daggora, the leader of the Neo Black Fang and a master morph creator, a former disciple of Nergal.

Daggora cares little for the conquering of the world. Instead, he wants to turn everyone in the world to morphs in order to prove to the world he's superior to his former master Nergal.

He has made a startling discovery that Nergal never found. He learned to turn Mamkutes into morphs.

Cecil, the son of Roy and Lillina, is busy trying to stop an uprising led by a powerful bandit group. He is chosen to lead the army to defeat Ilia. Eventually, he discovers the Neo Black Fang, and vows to purge Daggora from the land.

Important Characters:

Cecil

Class: Lord -> Knight Lord

Weapons: Swords (gains Lances on promotion)

Cecil, being the son of the Roy, is truthful and compassionate to a fault. Unlike Roy, he is clueless with women, but he is more mature and a better fighter. Cecil knows something is fishy in Ilia but he isn't sure what. He can have a relationship with his mentor Kivala.

Orrin

Class: Baron

Weapons: All

Orrin is the aloof king of Ilia. Orrin is zealous towards his people. He is harsh in his rulership but fair and only wants the best for them. He was seduced to the honeyed words that the world would belong to Ilia by Daggora. He also keeps his personal spear Deathbringer at all times.

Kivala

Class: Dragon Knight -> Dragon Master

Kivala is captain of the Bern border guard. Although she is loyal to Bern, she is very close to Cecil, for she taught him how to fight. She was strongarmed into aiding a takeover by a traitor in the Bern military, but turned her back on it when she was reunited with Cecil. If she gets an A support with Cecil, they will be married. She starts with a Killer Lance and is the Navarre.

Lugh

Class: Sage

Having opened a magic school, Lugh is the most respected mage in history since Archsage Athos.

In addition to creating his personal tome Meteo, Lugh also has a large amount of information about the world. He is aware of the Neo Black Fang, but is unsure who their leader is or their motives. He has recently learned about Nino and her involvement in the Black Fang. His two top students are Heiris, a mage and his niece Melina, who wields Faecalibur.

Gameplay Features:

-Master Weapons exist

-Greater selection of magic available such as Aura, Carreau, etc.

-Different mission objectives. This will be very hard to do, but it's possible due to the trial maps existing.

-Large maps, though not FE4 sized. More FE5 sized.

-New classes such as Baron. Dark Druids, Bards, and Dancers are generic enemies as well as special characters. Bards will be reworked into a magic using class that promotes to Sage. They lose the Play command.

-Classes such as Druids and Sages have the same weapon selection as in FE8.

More to come... help will be appreciated. I don't have a ROM or Nightmare but I'd like to try it out.

I don't have any comments, but I believe the new magic spells will probably be the hardest part. You can probably borrow spells from FE7 and 8 at least, but I haven't seen many people design brand new spells.

I don't have any comments, but I believe the new magic spells will probably be the hardest part. You can probably borrow spells from FE7 and 8 at least, but I haven't seen many people design brand new spells.

Well at least Aura's in FE 7 and he can copy MK404 and make Crimson Eye into Carreau.

I'm wondering for Meteo too but I guess he could place Elfire there.

Yeah, I know it's REALLY hard to edit spells, if you can at all. I'll problaby do what MK404 did with Blaze Pillar and Carreau and just use different spell animation sets from the series.

Nice suggestion about Elfire/Meteo.

My school is technophobic, so I'm not allowed to use the computer

on school nights except for Sunday. I'll only be able to update

over the weekend.

Edited by Dark Sage

Here's a note:

You can't IMPORT spells... you will have to use the Spell Animation Creator by Xeld and make them from scratch using ripped sprite sheets or something...

There's a limit to the map sizes of course... XD

Xeld basically abandoned the hack that let you do HUGE maps...

FE6 Events are limited to "Sieze, Sieze, and Sieze" using the event assembler ._.

Well, techicnally ,you can have a "protect" chapter by having a set number of turns before the end event...

I believe Dark Druid has problems when imported to FE6 or FE8... see this thread at Tactics Univers for the fix:

http://www.feuniverse.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3091

Edited by shadowofchaos

Here's a note:

You can't IMPORT spells... you will have to use the Spell Animation Creator by Xeld and make them from scratch using ripped sprite sheets or something...

There's a limit to the map sizes of course... XD

Xeld basically abandoned the hack that let you do HUGE maps...

FE6 Events are limited to "Sieze, Sieze, and Sieze" using the event assembler ._.

Well, techicnally ,you can have a "protect" chapter by having a set number of turns before the end event...

I believe Dark Druid has problems when imported to FE6 or FE8... see this thread at Tactics Univers for the fix:

http://www.feuniverse.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=3091

I was hoping I could import spells, but oh well.

I wasn't planning on FE4 maps, just a bit larger maps than usual.

As for the mission goals, I had in mind giving bosses the ability to seize gates depending on different maps and you'd have to seize it before they do.

But yeah, my main ideas were, a route changer, defense maps, and above.

I will be asking for help sometimes though. I'm new to hacking.

Just one problem though. I can't find Nightmare and I'm a not a member of any Fire Emblem sites.

Edited by Dark Sage

• 4 years later...

I don't know a huge amount about importing spells, (in fact, I only know what spells are in what hack and what official game) but what I CAN tell you is, in The Last Promise, there are multiple unique animations. As in, 5 new classes with exclusive animations, (Kelik, promoted Kelik, promoted Anakin, a guy called "The Slayer", and the final boss) and there are a couple of new animations for a specific Myrmidon->Swordmaster, a "Sorceror", and I think two or three of the major villains have unique class animations for unique classes, but it's been a while. There are also "Dasher", and "Meteor", two custom spells in the game. You could try asking Blazer for help on who to ask, because I haven't seen the credits in a while. Sorry if it's undescriptive in some parts, because I don't want to spoil some stuff...