2-4 range not working?

HF Makalov Fanboy Kai

Whatever range you set will work, yes, however if you don't use the default range values, you will not get text in the range description of the weapon, and 99% of the time you also won't see the attack tiles appear either. Case in point was Ephraim225's Ragefest 1 hack, where you had the Ballista weapons. They worked, but their range didn't show up at all. (Edit: Actually now I can't remember if it works or not but I think it does.)

If you don't mind the less-than-professional look though, it's perfectly fine to do.

Edited by Asdfadsinator

Whatever range you set will work, yes, however if you don't use the default range values, you will not get text in the range description of the weapon, and 99% of the time you also won't see the attack tiles appear either. Case in point was Ephraim225's Ragefest 1 hack, where you had the Ballista weapons. They worked, but their range didn't show up at all. (Edit: Actually now I can't remember if it works or not but I think it does.)

If you don't mind the less-than-professional look though, it's perfectly fine to do.

The ASM is hardcoded to only show the attack tile range of the USUAL weapons.

The weird ranges will work fine, but the attack tiles won't.

You have to keep it at:

(Weapons in Parenthesis are the example "usual" weapons that have said range)

1, 2, 2-3 (Longbow), 1-2 (Magic, Javelin, Magic Sword), 3-10 (Long Range Magic), 1-3 (Dragonstone in FE7).

You will have to mess with the ASM if you want it to work with others.

I honestly wonder why this happens, honestly. I think that the lack of a 2-4 range is one thing which makes the idea most people have to improve a sniper and pretty much all bow users hard to achieve. Wonder if it works like Magic Sealing, I should check it anytime.

I honestly wonder why this happens, honestly. I think that the lack of a 2-4 range is one thing which makes the idea most people have to improve a sniper and pretty much all bow users hard to achieve. Wonder if it works like Magic Sealing, I should check it anytime.

i'm unprofessional and lack alot of hacking skills, so it might just be my lack of expierence that caused this.

but that sounds like an interesting idea, please do check it out.

It was the same idea in FE4, with the range only showing for what it was coded specifically be. Or in other words, rather than drawing the range based on what the range of a weapon was, there's a predefined range to display depending on the range of the weapon.

Maybe you can piggy some of the staff range code? It's dependent on the actual stats for how far the range is drawn. just don't go all-out and duplicate making the range green too :P

I did consider doing something like that, just it didn't prove to be necessary; It works in a very similar way to what I thought, there is an array of possible outcomes for graphics in range which checks for pretty much every single possible range combination and give an appropriated pointer which in turn provides a number which will be loaded from another array which... *Takes a deep breath* ...will be making the appropriated tiles.

Ranging_Issues.jpg

So graphics and actual tiles are as dissociated as possible, this is very interesting. They just load a convenient range based on a very simplistic check. Making new ranges shouldn't prove to be an issue at all.(And cute thing is, they have a 1-4 range unused mode.)

Range4.jpg

All these testings were done with a very usual weapon.

Faia.jpg

Amazing? If you knew the theory behind this you would find the way they did that silly, honestly.

Range_for_Kings_of_Kings.jpg

As I suspected it works pretty much exactly like Magic Sealing tiles. Indeed it takes some ASM to be able to create 2-4 ranges, sorry to say. Don't think it was due to your hacking skills, because that isn't the case. So don't feel bad for not being able to accomplish this. ^_^