FE5 A or B route?

Ice Sage

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which Route?

It's generally agreed on that the A(Solar)route is superior to the B(Lunar)route for a number of reasons. The first reason being that the characters that you can get on the Solar route are of higher quality than the ones on the Lunar route. Case in point is Sleuth vs Miranda; what would you rather have: A priest that can use warp right off the bat or a mage that has issues killing things and surviving? I'd take the priest myself since you can never be too short on staffbots. Shanam vs Misha is another case point; Shanam completely and utterly blows donkey cock, while Misha can be used as a third string flier in outdoor maps. Also, you can recruit this really good Mage Knight named Eyrios that comes with like 40 HP on the Solar route, but you can't have Olwen in your unit selection(and no, getting her captured doesn't count)

Oh yeah, another thing that pisses the shit out of me is that the Lunar route puts you in dense shrubbery that kills the movement of anything that doesn't fly. This is an utter detriment to efficiency. Granted, you could warp your way through it, but that is a waste of warp. The Solar route does have Cyas in Chapter 17, but with perfect play, you can get your ass off the map as soon as you capture Misha and recruit Sara(that is, learn2usewarp)because he doesn't show until like turn 10.

A route>>>B route

I found Route B to be particularly frustrating because of all the damn ballistas. Forest map was pretty annoying too, but since I'm not a super-hardcore-mega-low-turncount-master it didn't bother me as much as it probably does for others. Definitely time consuming, though. A route has Eyrios, who is pretty tough if you're not recruiting him, and Cyas, though I usually try to avoid the armors as much as possible when he's around by going into the northern forest. A route's easier if you can handle the 5 turns Cyas is in.

edit: on a technical level the characters in A route are better, but Conomore's a badass so it evens out.

Edited by Davinatorman