Has anyone figured out what determines Celice/Julia's starting love points?

OrangeCrush980

I wanted to pair them up with the no reset/jealousy glitch, but was disappointed to find out that their starting affection was 0 in my file. There's supposed to be someway for them to start with 490 points instead (without resetting of course), but did anyone figure out what the trigger is?

Is this your first time playing through it? If not, has this happened more than once? On all of my playthroughs they started off at 490 (or so I assume...the fortune teller said they were in love with each other when I checked, so it must have been 400+).

The starting amount should be 490; it should not start at 0 and there shouldn't be anything you can do to manipulate their starting love points. I'm pretty sure the starting total of love points for all characters is fixed.

How long after recruiting Julia did you check with the fortune teller? They have a negative love growth, so if you take too long it will go down to 0.

One of FE4's querks is that when you first start either generation for a file, a lot of things are initialized to incorrect values. Saving and reloading the file fixes these for the rest of the generation for the file. However, there's a few glitches you can take advantage of with the incorrect data, getting Celice and Julia married via the jealousy system being one of them. The problem is that there's some event that triggers whether or not Celice and Julia start with 0 or 490 points under the incorrect data, which makes this glitch either a breeze or arguably too much trouble to bother with.

Edited by Orange Crush

I think I might've figured it out. In the file in this thread, all the gen 1 females were married and the file started with 490 points for Celice/Julia. In my file, I didn't pair up Tiltyu. I hacked to change the turn count in chapter 5 to give Tiltyu another chance to get paired and when I got back to gen 2 Celice and Julia were in love as soon as I recruited her and got married after 2 turns. This suggests that whether or not Tiltyu is married might effect the starting points for Celice/Julia (either that or all/most gen 1 females must be married off). The catch is that the hack might be screwing with it, so I can't say for certain.

I think I might've figured it out. In the file in this thread, all the gen 1 females were married and the file started with 490 points for Celice/Julia. In my file, I didn't pair up Tiltyu. I hacked to change the turn count in chapter 5 to give Tiltyu another chance to get paired and when I got back to gen 2 Celice and Julia were in love as soon as I recruited her and got married after 2 turns. This suggests that whether or not Tiltyu is married might effect the starting points for Celice/Julia (either that or all/most gen 1 females must be married off). The catch is that the hack might be screwing with it, so I can't say for certain.

That actually came in handy for something? -w00t-