Grandjackal's FE13 HM Playlog!

Hello, welcome to another playlog, this time of Fire Emblem: Awakening! Absolutely adore this game for how much one can mix and match, leaving me with a lot to tinker with, along with...Well, it's basically everything I wanted for Christmas. Though it came out in February...Whatever, you get my point!

Anyways, this playlog will be similar to Interceptor's, though with a couple different things. He has his own things to test out, while I just wanna experiment further. Some things I wanna look over.

-Vaike. A lot of starting characters have a really awful speed base of 6, and the idea is basically being you need to put work to get them out, or just leave them to be support bots. Vaike is a very clear support bot, the game practically telling you that since his starting chapter involves him not even having a weapon. However, I never really used him so I figured I'd change that. As for pairings, assume since his speed is so ass at the start that he just wants some added beef until...Uhh...I figure out a better pairing? Maybe jump from Stahl to Lonqu to uhh...Someone?

-Gregor. Much as people like him, I really don't like his 10 base speed at his join time, as it's perfect timing for him to not be able to double things. Even with a reclass to something like Barbarian he still finds himself too slow without a speed support. For the most part, Gregor just seems like a godly support bot since all his classes bring something good to the table. However, I feel maybe I'm judging him wrong and just never found a good support partner for him. I'mma set out to find him a good one. Perhaps give him something good and get some healthy levels on him before pairing him with Cherche.

-Henry. I always seen him as a pocket Ruin, meaning that whenever he decides to chip in to attack, he has a good chance to just straight kill the target. He's great statistically everywhere except for speed which is practically unsalvageably bad, but perhaps I could just accentuate his strengths with more magic or defense. Might pair him with Miriel in this case. Have her go Sage for Magic Rally while Henry goes Sorcerer, then Laurent can go into Dark Knight while having Magic Rally and...Some dark mage ability I guess. Maybe I could attempt to rush Tomefaire and Tombebreaker....Nah, that's stupid.

As for pairings, I tend to always want to go the same ones, but I am going to try and go for these.

SullyxChrom: The pairing's perfect and so are the children. I honestly think Kjelle is the best lategame combat unit with this pair.

FredxSumia: Gets a lot of early performance, and allows Sumia to actually have a start. Supplies me wit a pretty awesome utility Cynthia since I could either have a Rallybot (Def with Move, learns Speed on her own), or a Deliverer Cynthia.

MirielxHenry: As stated above. Usually I find her a natural pair with Avatar as Miriel has a desperate thirst for more damage and speed, and Avatar gives her both while she gives him a huge magic buff in return. Your only other options are Lissa who sucks and doesn't build a support, or Ricken who is awful along with being a shitty father for Laurent. Henry would actually offer him something unique in the form of dark mage skills and durability.

GregorxCherche: This sounds like a super beefy support, and will give me a Gerome that is super swole and has Sol. Normally I see that Cherche with Lonqu is pretty much the perfect union, but I'm thinking Gregor offers her similar bonuses with more. Just have to really focus on Gregor before she comes into play, or else it'll end up being one sided.

VaikexAvatar: Yes, I'm going female this time around. Having another kid with Veteran I've found isn't really that big a deal. Most kids level up real quick anyways just due to their low base level, so Veteran just feels a little redundant. Doesn't help that most female classes are things like helpless healers or magical in nature, or are Taguel with their rotten-ass class bases. Sully, Sumia and Cordelia tend to have more effective supports elsewhere. So, why not just do something random, like this? Besides, I have an idea...

TharjaxLibra: I've done this once, and I never wanna do anything else with Tharja. Tharja gives him the stats he cares about: Defense because he's somewhat lacking, and Magic for Rescue/Physic range. He gives her stats she needs: Skill and Luck, along with Res as it tends to be weak. Granted an exaggerated Tharja tends to work better, but I've found this just fine. By the time the pairing comes up, I could have Renewal and Lifetaker learned so that Noire becomes a sustain monster. Reclass her, pair her up with Dark Knight Tharja, and watch her be unstoppable.

Might be too many, but I'll see how it goes down since a lot of these pairings are late arrivals. Thinking of if I should pair up Panne, but I already have enough I want to try out. Maybe her with Gaius. Anyone ever turned Gaius into a Myrm once he hits 10? That decision is godlike if you pair him with Panne (or perhaps Cherche).

I will not be abusing Renown, only taking the renown rewards that are mentioned in the tier list OP as they come. I have no real online stuff to use, so I can't do things like recruit Marth even if I wanted to. Sparkle spots tend to be ignored, but at the same time there's no reason for me to just ignore them if I can. They give free shit, I'm going to try for them if strats allow. If they're items, I'll just cash them in, in fairness. The game just handing me Sigurd's Lance can be a little ridiculous.

Anyways, I'm going an odd build or Avatar: +Speed-Skill. Normally I'd go -Strength because Avatar will never give a shit about using physical attacks, but seeing as I'm pairing her up with Vaike, I'm going to want that extra muscle for her kid along with giving Vaike a nice +1 for when she hits 10 Str sooner. The -Skill is annoying because Thunder has annoying accuracy, and Vaike's not gonna help me with it. Oh well.

So, time for the start!

Prologue

Lots of people go +Magic-Skill, because I don't know. People tend to give Fred Avatar's Bronze Sword, but I actually have my reasons to keep it. First off, thanks to Chrom's support, I am able to double mages AND Barbarians. Having Swords to bypass mage resistance to actually ORKO them along with higher evasion against the barbarians allows Avatar to easily mow throw foes. There are only two targets Frederick deals with, and those are the two mercenaries near the boss. It's around the boss area that one has to make some hard decisions really. Do you give the boss kill to Fred, or do you risk a lot to see if in one turn you can have Chrom proc an attack to give the bosskill to Avatar? I decided to risk it, cause Fred being nearby was granting Avatar an additional +10 avoid, so I was below the 50% hit, and I could at least survive a shot. Unfortunately in both attacks, I didn't get a Chrom attack. That made me sad, but do note that it is possible to beat this chapter in 3 turns with minimal Silver Lance use while also getting Avatar to level 4. Decided in the 4th turn to get the sparkles. Lol Lissa got wexp. Fred got absurdly lucky: +21 Exp.

Turns: 4, doable in 3. 4/6 in total so far. If I went the assured 3 turn, Fred's exp would be similar to what it is, and Avatar wouldn't be level 4.

Levels

Name   Lvl   Exp   HP   Str   Mag   Skl   Spd   Lck   Def   Res
Avatar    4      15  22      7        7      5      10      6       7       4
Chrom    1      10  Base
Fred        1      54  Base
Lissa       Who Cares

Avatar's support now gives +3 Speed. This allows Chrom to double 6 speed Fighters in chapter 1. Considering that Avatar's speed is now basically secured, I can grant Chrom some catching up for Sully's sake. Perhaps I may even just ignore Sully and pair Chrom up with Avatar, then find someone else for Vaike. Anyone have thoughts on that?

Chapter 1

Ipair up Avatar with Fred this time, because that's how you do this map. I trade him my Bronze Sword now, seeing as I don't want him just throwing Silver Lance uses for no reason. Seeing as Avatar has 10 speed, the +1 Fred gives allows me to double Fighters. Not planned, but fortuitous nonetheless. Start off by having Avatar head to the left to Thunder the Myrm, This als leaves Avatar in a position which to attack the Archer on enemy phase. Chrom meanwhile just smacks around the nearby Fighter on the fort since he 2RKOs. The sparkles continueto give me good fortune, as Chrom gains 23 free exp. A little annoyed that Chrom got hit twice while ona fort with WTA, but whatever. Fred being an absolute bro dual attacks the archer so I don't have to deal with that annoying shit anymore. Next turn, Avatar runs down and doubles a Fighter, unfortunately not killing or getting a Fred proc. Sully however is in range, so she gets it. Virion attacks the Mercenary, Chrom to finish it off, and then the chapter's pretty self explanitory from here. Annoyingly, Avatar misses on her first attack on the boss, so I'm forced to waste a turn. To preserve credibility for how the chapter would go, Chrom gets the boss kill anyways. He needs it more anyways, Avatar is pretty much set.

Turns: 4/10

Levels

Avatar    5      66   23      8       7      6      10      7       7       5    C Chrom   C Fred
Chrom    2     96    21      8       1      8       9       6       8       1    C Avatar
Fred        1     58    Base
Lissa       1    Base
Sully        2     70   Base
Virion Who Cares

Chapter 2

I never did like this chapter, if only because your force kinda is ass, and your starting positions are horrible. Anyways, I have Avatar and Chrom pair up, and with dual they kill the upper right Barbarian (trying to hit the mercenary is an exercise in stupid because he's on a forest). Even if they failed to kill, Stahl or Virion could just mop up the mess. However, Chrom and Avatar cooperated, and thus both were rewarded with a level.

Fred pairs up with Stahl so he can immediately charge the bridge. Avatar and Chrom tag team the barbarian hiding in the forest. Fredteams with Stahl to immediately charge the bridge, Avatar in the meantime pretty much wrecking everything and everyone along with Chrom. Miriel and Sully clean up whatever Avatar didn't mercilessly slaughter to allow her to move forward towards the bridge, Miriel trading the axe to Vaike so he can finally do something (He teaming up with Sully, by the by). Chrom takes the helm at the bridge,considering he can easily ORKO the 3 enemes he can survive while Fred finishes off his fighter burger. Miriel does one last chip to a soldier she distracted, and Vaike got the finishing blow. All that's left is the boss. Fred punches him, Avatar gets the kill.

Pretty sure you could 3 turn this if you let Fred just steamroll the top side of the map with a Silver Lance, but that wouldn't be fun. I had him use a Bronze Sword instead. I think maybe some transfering and non-combining would do more on this map, but I'm not willing to work that all out. I hate this map.

Turns: 4/14

Levels

Name   Lvl   Exp   HP   Str   Mag   Skl   Spd  Lck   Def   Res
Avatar     8      9    26      8       9       7     11     9        7      5   C Chrom, C Fred
Chrom     4    61   22    10       1     10     11     8        9      1   C Avatar
Fred         1    93   Base
Sully         3      0   21      7        1       9       8     7        8      2
Vaike       3    30   Base
Miriel       1    53   Base

Not going to bother listing levels for people I don't care about, Sully will eventually be part of that group.

Hmmm...I could have Solidarity in time for Chapter 4. As you can see though, this chapter was very nice to Chrom.

Chapter3

When I saw Interceptor's strat, I wondered exactly how much paint he huffed when he mentioned having Kellam go form the left side of the map to the right to support Fred...When Sumia is right there in what one would see s a terrible starting location for her. She allows him to double, and that is good. I have him slotted on a far right location so that he can immediately move up and ORKO a Soldier, which also happens to net him a level. Fortune smiles on me once again, as he gains +1 Speed out of that, so now he can double the mercenary that has the door key, meaning he can just move straight to the door next turn. So, I have Chrom recruit Kellam, pair up with him then move up to punch a soldier in the face. Avatar moves over and transfers Chrom to herself and allows herself to double and kill the soldier. Stahl teams up with Kellam, Sully teams up with Vaike, moves forward and equips a Javelin in case the archers decide to attack her, and Miriel goes ot pull the archer off of Fred. As it turns out, everyone hates Avatar as they all gang up on her and die. She had enough durability to survive them all, but not enough magic to ORKO without Chrom smacking a couple of them around. Miriel on the other hand shows why I hate her so much. She can't double the archer and even with the only magic support available to her, she can't even 2RKO.

Fred goes up to the door while everyone just kinda gets into position. I equip the Silver Lance so that I can smoke the armor on enemy phase. A traded key to Stahl opens the door and Chrom charges in with his Rapier to pigstick the armor while Fred moves into position to deal with the merc and archer, Sully moving into position with the Javelin for the coming enemy phase. It probably owuld have been wiser to trade the key onto her and have Kellam do this instead, but whatever. Like an IDIOT though, I put Fred in a position that kept Miriel from attacking Hammertime. Oh well! Sumia kills the archer, Kellam finishes the archer, Avatar and Chrom tag team the fighter and Vaike gets lucky thatSully's feeling helpful ass he helps him kill the merc. It was an obviously bad decision because I could have just moved up and jav'd it, but I'm being stupid and using Vaike. Hammertime must have proc'd the worst durability of 26 HP and bad Def, because a base Sumia with Fred support ORKOd. I was prepared to have Miriel finish because this almost never happens, but whatever. Final turn, Fred chips up the boss wth his Bronze though he could have just bonked her with the Hammer, so Chrom goes in and finishes her off with the Rapier.

Perfect. See Interceptor?

Turns: 5/19

Levels

Avatar    9      71   26      8       9      7      11    10       7      5   B Chrom   C Fred
Chrom    5      61   22    11      1     11     12      8       9      2   B Avatar
Fred        2      54   29    14      2     12     11      6     14      3   C Avatar
Sully        3     30   21       7      1       9       8      7        8      2
Vaike      3      60  Base
Miriel      2      12  18       0      7       6       8      7        3      4
Sumia     1      79  18       6      3     11     11     8         5     7

We see here my issues with Miriel and Vaike, namely that I could have had others that do it better. I'm not even trying to use Sully, she's getting more exp cause it's just smarter to not use Vaike.

Also note: Avatar. She's 4 levels above the second highest leveled unit on my team (the first technically being Fred), and technically she's still worse than him in just about everything aside from 1-2 range. Am I being screwed, or do others get this sort of thing too?

Paralogue 1

Got a few Defense and Strength tonics. If I don't use them now I'm sure I'll use them eventually. Had Avatar, Fred, Suma and Vaike use a Def Tonic, and Sumia used an Str. Might be wondering why Fred used a Def Tonic: I fucking hate this boss because Gamble has boned me more than once.

It's kinda disgusting that I found a way to 4 turn this chapter (potentially. requires Sumia attacks with Fred, which probably aren't going to happen. Because of this, a 5 turn is more realistic.

So, I have Sumia positioned on the upper left most position so that when Fred pairs up, she can move him onto the pillars to choke a point, along with attack the fighter there. Miriel and Avatar paired up with their usual supports sneak through the bottom, aiming to get t that central room just south of the boss, while Vaike and Sully go north, Vaike manfacing his way through to go to the side of the boss's room for Sully to pull an archer with a Javelin. When I realized how well my strat actually works, I learned this was not necessary. I could have just avoided these 3 altogether and fought more safely, and I learned I only needed Avatar to go into that central room for a completely seperate reason.

Once turn 1 is over, instead of having Fred move left, I had him move north. I had counted spaces, it is actually a shorter distance even though it looks like it snakes. The issue is I had no Javelin on Fred, and there was a hand axe Fighter along with an archer. No worries however, as I had Avatar blast him with Thunder...Only issue is, my Thunder broke, so now Avatar is astoundingly unarmed.

Ya know what? I need to redo this.

Binning Sully. Welcome, Kellam. Store? Give me a Fire tome. Why I didn't just get this earlier I'll never know. Fred? Here's your Javelin.

Actually no. Sully, get back on the team. Lissa, YOU get your ass off my team. You don't give Miriel any meaningful damage. I'mma just give her my remaining Thunder uses and be content.

Ok, so Avatar attacks a Fighter, Chrom helps her kill, she gets level 10 and thus Solidarity. Yaaaaay. Fred moves north of the pillar fighter and smokes him with Sumia's help (there's a good chance he won't need the help, but you can always give him a Strength tonic). Yaaaay. Sully helps Miriel move in range of an archer, and Kellam teams up with Vaike to be the Hard Bodied Duo. It's around the time I kill that archer that Miriel came by that I realized I had Chrom equipped with the Rapier the whole time. Well, shit. That's a bunch of wasted uses.

Fred chokes that point in the snaking passage, kills an archer, Sumia kills the iron axe fighter (both got a level at the same time), to which I have Avatar and Miriel prepared to deal with them. Only needed Miriel, thanks to Sumia, so Avatar could harvest the archers up top. Even more is that Fred could move up, hit the Fighter at the pillars with his Javelin, and this would get him the Fighter along with the Archer in the treasure room. His position would also mean that the archer would move onto the pillars, so Fred is free to move at the boss in Javelin range, made all the safer thanks to Avatar being in range to pull.

Yeah what the hell, I can finish this chapter before the thief even unlocks the chest. That means no Rescue or Killer Lance...

Those save more than 1 turn though, so I'm getting them. Hold the phone, Fred.

Ok, got it.

Turns: 6

Frederick has gained C support with Sumia!

Miriel has gained a C support with Sully! (I didn't even know they supported).

Levels

Avatar   11    72   27      9        9      9     13    11        8      5   B Chrom, C Fred
Chrom     5    86   22    11        1    11    12      8         9      2   B Avatar
Fred         3    60   30    15        2    13    11      7       14      3  C Avatar, C Sumia
Vaike       5    13   31    10        0    10      6      6          6      0
Miriel       2    71   18      0        7       6      8      7          3      4 C Sully
Sully         4      3   22      7        1       9      9      7          8      2 C Miriel
Sumia      2    12   19      7        3     12    12      9         6      7 C Fred

I see all of Interceptor's speed for Chrom went to me. I'll make you a deal, Interceptor. I give you some of Chrom's speed if you throw a bit of Avatar's Mag my way.

Vaike, to my annoyance, didn't get Speed his two levels. This is why I tend to hate 6 base speed characters even if their speed "gets better". For me, they usually don't. Oh well, at least this chapter was really nice to Vaike. Thanks, Kellam!

Sully continues to get exp for no reason, and Miriel continues to suck. Not big surprise. Almost want to get another level on Sully now for that +1 speed support on Miriel...But then I'd just end up using Sully, wouldn't I?

Sumia got a really good level.

Chapter 4

A two turn is possible, but also requires a lot of luck to it, so I will just aim for the more reasonable 3 turn. There was an Anna shop, but it only offered a Master and Second Seal, things which currently are useless to me.

It's simple really. Give Sumia the upper most slot, par up with Fred, have her move up as far as she can then switch to Fred with a Javelin equipped. He'll cut the armor in half, take off a third of Marth's health, then kill the mages. I have Chrom and Vaike next to eachother to get the first two fighters, having paired up Miriel with Vaike and then dropping her north of Vaike's destination. I fortunately had the speed to let Avatar double Marth, and with a tag team from Chrom it allowed Avatar to get the kill. Vaike finishes his plate, Miriel kills the aformentioned armor, and Sumia kills the last Hand Axe Fighter. The last armor goes for Avatar...Err...I just unwittingly 2 turned this chapter anyways. In fact, that seemed non-luck based because Sumia didn't get a shot in aside from her kill, and I'm quite positive my Avatar is magic screwed. Even if Fred didn't kill the hand axe fighter first turn, he would have just suicided into Miriel or Avatar.

...Excellent.

Turns: 2

Barracks: Gives me a slightly fortunate increase of relationship between Fred and Miriel. Not a big deal, as chances of them being near eachother are near zilch. Sully gained 10 exp. Rest of the things were pointless.

Chrom and Robin now have A Support!

Levels

Avatar  12     64   27      9        9    10     14     12       8       5   A Chrom   A Fred
Chrom    6     26   22    11        1    12     12       8     10       2   A Avatar
Fred        4       7   32    15        2    14     12       7     15       3   C Sumia
Vaike      5     53   31    10        0    10       6       6        6      0    
Miriel      3     11   19       0       8      6        8       8        3      5   C Sully
Sumia     2     52   19       7       3    12     12        9       6      7   C Fred

Avatar is definitely magic screwed. Miriel shouldn't have more Magic power when the level difference is 9.

Chrom is feeling a weird moment where he is mysteriously low on HP.

Fred is turning out perfectly fine.

Chapter 5

A+1 Str Sumia does me a world of good here, as it makes me not rely on Fred to do a tag team to kill the Shaman that is immediately in flight range on the second tier of the mountain. Avatar is fast enough to double mercs, but since I'm super boned in magic, I have to rely on Chrom tag teaming to clear the way up the path. Not hard though, since they're at A support with eachother. Ricken rides with Maribelle to help Elwind the barbarian,to which Vaike runs up and punches, Sully transporting Miriel up and dropping her on the fort. Kellam and Lonqu stay behind and pair up to destroy the enemies on the ground floor with great ease.

I have Avatar and Chrom attack the mage, and finally Avatar hits 10 Mag. Gets 10 Str too, so now she gives a bigger bonus to Chrom. Sumia flies up the cliff so that Fred can attack the terrain abusing wyvern with a Javelin (I hate these guys. Not only do they know how to use the terrain, they usually proc 1 Res or 1 HP so I can't one shot them with a Miriel+Ricken support Elwind, because there's no way you're having more than 8 magic for this fight). Miriel finishes off the Wyvern with Fire, and I have Maribelle sit on the fort after trading Elwind with Fire and giving Ricken to Miriel. Sumia decided she REALLY didn't want to help Fred at all because having been ganged p on just about everyone on the map, Sumia didn't chip in once. Maribelle gets a shiny spot, for Eirika's Blade, while Miriel and Lonqu sit their ass down on a fort to block reinforcements. Fred pretty much kills the entire map, Avatar intercepts the Hand Axe reinforcement while sitting on a forest tile along with a mercenary (Good thing, Fred would need more luck to kill him). The boss decdes to fly down and eat an Elwind to the face.

Sumia finshes off the last Dark Mage, seeing as Fred just hit level 5 (Yay, Luna), and all that was left was to decide who got the boss kill. Avatar, Chrom, Vaike or Miriel. Considering Avatar is post level 10, all the kill would give her really is stats, and she can easily get levels anyways. She and Chrom are already boss mode as it is, and their supports pretty much make them safe bets from here on out. So it falls to Miriel and Vaike. Vaike can't get the kill (too much HP by 2), but he can at least get a nice chip in. So, that settles it really. Miriel gets the kill). Miriel needs the levels badly anyways. However, if I weren't using her seriously I'd easily just give this to Avatar.

Turns: 4

Barracks gives me some Sully+Kellam relation boosting, which is pretty worthless to me. Doesn't sound like a bad idea though...

Frederick and Sumia gain B support!

Vaike and Sully gain C support!

Levels

Avatar  13     52   28    10     10    10      15   13        8       5   A Chrom, C Fred
Chrom    6     51   22    11        1   12      12     8      10       2   A Avatar
Fred        5       7   33    15        2   14       12    7      16       3   B Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike      5     94   31    10        0   10         6    6         6      0   C Sully
Miriel      4     76   20      0        9      7        8     9         3      5
Sumia     3     82   20      7        3    13      13    9         6      7   B Fred

Depending on your luck with Dual Attacks, Sumia could be level 4 by the time you leave this map. Unfortunately for me, Fred and Sumia were hating on eachother a little on this map.

Miriel got extremely lucky on magic. Luckily this strat doesn't really rely on one shotting a wyvern, but it's funny how this map shows up and there is no difference in performance between her and Ricken (Aside from Ricken gettng doubled by the boss I guess, but you can keep Ricken paired up with Maribelle to avoid that...but, I'm using Miriel, so fuck Ricken).

The more I use Vaike the more it feels like I'm just using Sully anyways. Vaike to get level 6 wuld have had to risk hitting a Myrmidon. Yeah, I'm not that stupid.

Fred getting level 5 as soon as chapter 5 is actually a record for me, since usually it happens around chapter 6. Then again I never did this straight up Fred hulking out on the third floor ASAP strat before. Makes me wonder exactly how quickly Fred could hit level 10 for reclassing. Considerng I've given quite a bit of exp to Sumia though, it's a bit late for that.

Also to note about Fred is that he is currently sitting on B rank for Swords with Lances mastered. Once I get Hand Axes, it will show that Fred is the weapon master.

Paralogue 2

As someone who is using Miriel, I am ever so thankful for Elwind and Mirabelle's arrival. This grants Miriel a horse, and gives Mirabelle +4 so that she an have 4 Rescue Range. This lets me put Kellam+Lonqu in a relevant range. To my amusement, Lonqu failed to double the Barbarian at the bridge, not that it really matters any. Lonqu's only dying if the fist of an angry god decides to fall on him. Fred hitches a ride on the flying horse so that Sumia can proceed to punch magician face. This will be a good chapter for Sumia. Seems that barbarian that Lonqu couldn't kill decided he would go after Sumia, simply giving exp to someone I would prefer it on. I have Sumia go north and then rewind south to get the last bandit on the mountain, and I go north to help Anna because I do not trust the RNG ever. My fears well founded, as Anna gets hit by a 30%. Never fear, for Sumia is here!

Really, this chapter is simple because a lot of the enemies don't actually attack you. God, even after a vulnery, Miriel is still killed by archers. So, I pretty much have Mirabelle heal Vaike so that he can just go roughriding on these fools, seeing as how Miriel is fucking useless. So, I ...oh, ok. Anna dies to a random hit, another 30%.

Redo, doing exactly the same thing.

This time, Lonqu gets his kill with a crit, and Chrom decides to chip in with his dual attacks for a change, along with the sparkly giving Sumia 27 exp. Lonqu and Kellam pretty much hold the bridge, and it seems like no one wants to dodge 30%s because Anna got hit by two, and so did Lonqu who damn near died if he didn't dodge...The 72%. Today is opposite day it seems. Finally though all the barbarians that would threaten Anna's rarely unlucky life all die. I switch to Kellam to chip the archers for Miriel because, heavens me, Lonqu was liable to die. I have to make a somewhat risky play, because to keep things in turn check, I have to have Avatar deal with all 4 enemies at once. Killing the Steel Axe guy is simple, but I was still liable to get killed if all 3 of the others hit me. 1 missed me, even though all the hits were 50% or lower, and Chrom deciding to chip in both hits gives Avatar the boss kill completely on accident. After Vaike did what minimal stuff I had him around for, I had him switch to Sully to get to the village. Sumia gets the last kill.

Avatar and Chrom now have S support! Now maybe I could switch supports around...Though really I could have done that to begin with. I'm not exactly in a rush to get S. Oh well.

Levels

Avatar  15     62   29    10     12    10     16    14     10       5   S Chrom, C Fred
Chrom    6     96   22    11       1    12      12      8     10       2   S Avatar
Fred        5     11   33    15       2    14      12      7     16       3   B Sumia, C Fred
Vaike      6     64   32    10       0    11        6      6        6       0   C Sully
Miriel      6        1  22       0     11      7        9    10        4      5   C Sully
Sumia     5     56   21      8        3    14     15    10        6       7   B Fred

Told ya Sumia would get her time.

Avatar is getting some Def up, getting her Magic back. I am happy with this turn of events.

Miriel recovered. Guess Elwind did her more favors than I thought. I'm still not impressed though, as I'm clearly getting lucky. 11 Mag on a level 6 Miriel?

Meanwhile, Vaike is growing a lot of Skill for no reason, seeing as he's growing nothing that actually helps me. Seriously Vaike, 3 levels and only 1 Str?

Chapter 6

I have Chrom just out of Gaius's range so I don't accidentally smoke him, Sumia charges down the right side with Fred in tow, smoking a Fighter on the way with a tag team, while Miriel, Miabelleand Sully+Vaike meet at the middle to take care of that position. After getting rid of the Thief and Fighter so that Vaike can now choke this point, Sumia and Fred basically manmode the right side while Chrom and Avatar tag team the left. Panne goes down, wanting to team up with Vaike, while Gaius goes for the chest, Lonqu and Kellam being bosses that pull aggro off of Sumia (wow, can ORKO cavs at base Str with the killer edge. Why are you such a boss, Lonqu?).

...Really, that's all to say about this chapter. Real short, sweet, to the point. Chrom recovers a lot of lost ground here thanks to Cavaliers being weak to his Rapier, and Fred gets a VERY important kill in the form of Validar. He gains nearly 50 exp, and that is no joke for someone like Fred. Most get twice that, but Fred is rare for big exp finds. Quicker I get him to level 10, the better.

Interesting notes: I had a 9 speed Miriel, and with a Panne support, it allowed her to ORKO Fighters with Thunder (would probably need Elwind normally). Was thus able to transfer her to Vaike so he could double the Dark Mage (if only I didn't have a Vaike that only grew 1 Str in 3 levels). Luna is pretty helpful here because in conjunction with Sumia, it's another activatable that only has to happen once to land a kill with some weaker weapon like a Hand Axe. This allowed me to rush Validar while limiting the amount of enemies Lonqu had to deal with. I had to fall back with Lonqu though, because he didn't feel like dodging today. Maribelle was quite active with the heals.

Lonqu gets a shiny spot. +10 Exp.

Barracks got Maribelle some temporary Mag and Def. Quite nice for her, actually, just in case I accidentally get her into danger, but more importantly it gives her more range for Rescue if a strat may call for it.

Fred and Sumia gain A rank in support!

Vaike and Sully gain B support!

Levels

Name   Lvl   Exp   Hp   Str   Mag   Skl   Spd   Lck   Def   Res
Avatar  16     20   30    11      13    10     17    14     10       6   S Chrom, C Fred
Chrom    8     56   23    12        2     12    14     10    10       3   S Avatar
Fred        6     19   34    15        2     15    12       8     16       3   A Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike      7     84   33    11        0     11      7        6       7       0   B Sully
Miriel      6     91   22      0       11      7      9     10        4       5   C Sully
Sumia     6        1  22       9        4     14    16    10        7       7   A Fred
Panne     6     90   Base
Lonqu    7     12    23     8          1    15    15       9       8        3

I'm noticing that Chrom doesn't have a lot of HP...This is becoming a bit of a problem.

Vaike finally got his first good level, yaaaaaaay! Good thing too, his support finally came in. Was hoping I could get him higher level than...7...But that's the way the cookie crumbles. Vaike hasn't exactly been all that helpful so far, so his levels reflect it.

Miriel is starting to stabalize, but her speed is still meh and her Mag is still a bit over the top. Still not really digging her.

Sumia's doing quite well. Quite.

Lonqu I wasn't even using seriously, and he beasted this chapter just because Kellam and he straight beast this chapter.

Also, the supports show a good point of mine: Sumia and Fred hit A before Cordelia's chapter. Quite an important level, seeing as that means +2 bonuses to pegasi stats for Fred compared to Cordelia, along with all of the tag team bonuses it gives, which will play a part in an upcoming paralogue. It's amusing because usually Sumia is higher level than this, but I guess I'm trying much harder to short turn so Sumia's lacking levels she usually has. Nonetheless, she's coming out healthy enough.

Also, Fred is finally down to his last 2 shots of Avatar's Bronze Sword all the way back from prologue. Man that sucker lasted a good while. I'm just about halfway to B rank Swords now, not that it really matters. Pretty much going axe rank from here on out. Love you, Discipline.

Chapter 7

Rather simple chapter really. The first move dictates the pace of this map, realy. Can have Panne in attack range of the archer so when paired with Vaike, she smokes him, allowing Sumia with Fred to move to the forested spot and wreck face with a Hand Axe (the Hammerman has 10% chance to hit, so we essentially eliminate that threat automatically). Avatar and Chrom can take out a nearby Barbarian while being in range of Wyverns, and for the most part my speed and good luck stats give me a reasonable amount of evasion that go well with my decent durability (heyman, 11 Def compared to Fred's 16, technically Avatar is the second most durable unit in my party right now). I had Miriel stupidly in range of 2 wyverns (paired her with Mirabelle for the horse), but luckily she dodged one. 66% on both, I had a somewhat fair chance of dodging, but I probably should have had someone like Lonqu+Kellam to block her flank. One shotted one of the Wyverns though, so I'm not too mad.

From there it's simple. Take out the archer with Fred, take out the Hand Axe barbarian with Chrom and just move forward accordingly. This is one of those awkward maps where you have an odd number of slots, and the person joining doesn't join at a good time.Sully was just kinda derping about doing nothing. She threw a Javelin at a Thief for Panne to kill. Contribution over.

It's another good chapter for Chrom, cause towards the end he gets to charge headfirst into slayable dragons, turning the map into an episode on wyvern endangerment awareness.

I gave Vaike an extra kill.Panne has no trouble hitting 10 by the time I get Chapter 9's Second Seal. However, I know one I stop feeding Vaike, he's never going to see the light of day again.

Lnqu gets a sparkle spot, gainng a free 14 exp. It's like the game really wants me to use him instead of Gregor, a sentiment I can agree to.

Can I also just say Vasto has a good profile?

Turns: 3

Barracks gave Virion 10 exp. Welp, that's a waste.

Meanwhile, Vaike and Panne get C support! Yaaaaaay, 12 speed for Vaike! That's not going to help at all. Stupid slow motherfucker.

Levels

Avatar  17     37   31    12      13   11     17    15      10      6   S Chrom, C Fred
Chrom  10     63   25    13        3   13     16    12      10      4   S Avatar
Fred        6     81   34    15         2   15     12      8      16      3   A Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike      8     14   34    12         0   12       7      6        8       0   C Panne, B Sully
Miriel      7     81   23      0       12     8     10    11        5       6   C Sully
Sumia     6     43   22      9         4   14     16    10        7       7   A Fred
Panne     7     73   29      9         1   10     11       9        8       1   C Vaike

I kinda realize that I'm lucky Vaike has the option to go Barbarian, because in the least that will give Panne some speed for when she goes Wyvern. Vaike's speed continues to sadden me.

Miriel is slowly but surely getting to the phase where she stops sucking, but not by much. She's still as durable as wet paper, and her speed is still not good enough. Maybe I should pair her with Lonqu instead of Miriabelle....

Chrom's pretty much back to full speed despite playing second fiddle to Avatar for so long. The dual tagging makes up for Avatar's undeniably screwed magic. I've gotten a speed level on all but 1 level...Not that it really matters, considering Avatar gives him lol+5. I'm more concerned about his durability, because while my speed is blessed, my HP is kinda sucking.

Fred has C rank in axes before Libra even shows up to give him one. Can you say set for life?

Sumia and Cordelia finally meet. Sumia is merely level 6, but the upcoming Paralogue will change that. Has C rank lances too. Statistically, Cordelia starts more durable with +1 Def, Res, and +3HP, but then again I have an A with Fred. Considering the nothing Cordelia has with him, really it's Sumia who has +1 Def on her. They're technically even, even if Cordelia picks up Kellam. In this instance, it comes down to 18 speed and existing tag team rates with someone who has all the weapons in the world available to him (most notably including the Hammer). As it stands, Sumia thanks to Fred has offense that blows Cordelia's out of the water. For now anyways.

I will not be using Cordelia however, for that is what Interceptor's doing. I instead will be using...Miriel and Vaike. And Gregor once he shows up to add another slow ass to my team.

Paralogue 3

I dump Sully finally for Cordelia, seeng as Sully's not going to be doing much anymore. Panne for some reason was not on the team, so I threw out Maribelle.

So I notice a problem I have. Normally my strat is to send Sumia with Fred's move boost to Javelin the far away Armor while someone else takes care of the archer. Considering my team, I'm pretty much benching on the Archer having 9 speed so a teamed up Kellam can allow Cordelia to do so. Normally you can have Panne team up with Gaius to just bumrush through the forest, but no I'm using Vaike's dumb ass. So, I have Miriel team up with Lonqu, and thankfully it can allow her to at least double things. Now, I have her keep near to attack the upper left barbarian-

I really just missed a 95%...Miriel, I just decided to give you the Skill Book instead of selling it for some asinine reason. You have a Lonqu support. Missing should not be part of your vocabulary! I hate you enough as it is!

*restarts tll archer has 9 speed again*

Amusingly if there's one thing good about a Vaike support, it's that when he attacks, he's usually hitting just as hard if not harder than you, so he makes impossible kills more possible on the first strike, allowng Panne to avoid even taking an attack from the Barbarian (51%. She has to avoid at least 1). The Kellam support is being quite helpful. Takes an axe to the face, then can go and attack the Javelin Armor and STILL safely take a sword to the face. This pretty much lets her and Panne deal with a majority of the enemies on the upper right portion of the map.

I hate how the boss is on mountains, making him a luck reliant kill, seeing as the punk brought an Elixer. Oh well, nothing Fred's Silver doesn't fix. Chrom and Avatar pretty much go south and solo everything, first turn being sure to get the Fighter on the left, then nicking off the Fighter in the forest with Avatar, Miriel with Lonqu takes care of the Fighter, Mercenary and Archer in the upper left portion (vuln used of course). At the last turn, Cordelia moves across the river to kill the pursuant Mercenary. Kellam decided to chip in and be helpful, and that scored me a sparkly spot (Orsin's Hatchet! Ooohh, do I have to sell it?).

The Barracks offered me an amusing event. See, when Gaius finds an item, he says "What's this? Candy? Not candy.", then you find item. Well, he happened to find me a Sweet Tincture...So he found me candy. Idiot. Kellam scores more Skill and Def, which would be nice if he weren't in Cordela's pocket. Stahl was social today, as he got along with Mirabelle and talked with Fred. Avatar and Kellam hit it off a bit...Wouldn't say that was the most worthwhile barracks. They rarely are.

Fred and Sumia gain S Support!

Miriel and Lonqu gained C Support! I did not know they actually supported...Most helpful indeed. That's +5 Speed Miriel just has on tap.

Rrrr....The town I wanted to get Str and Def tonics from was infested before I started the map. Now after I do it, a SECOND enemy unit appears on it, so now it's even more infested. That is highly annoying. Remember, everyone: Stock up while you have the chance.

Levels

Lvl   HP STR MAG SKL SPD LCK DEF RES WExp                 Support
             Avatar 18.31 31 12 14 12 18 16 10 7  E Sword, B Tome      S Chrom, C Fred
             Chrom 11.81 26 13 3 14 16 12 11 6   B Sword             S Avatar
         Frederick 7.07 35 16 2 16 13 9 16 3   B Swd, C Axe, S Sumia, C Avatar
             Vaike 8.34 34 12 0 12 7 8  8  0   C Axe, B Sully, C Panne
             Sumia 7.50 22 10 4 14 17 11 7  7  C Lance              S Fred
             Miriel 8.84 24 0 13 10 10 11 5  5  C Tomes, C Sully, C Lonqu
            Cordelia 7.93 Base
             Panne 9.06 31 10 2 11 13 9 9 5  C Vaike

See? Panne has no issue hitting 10 by the time you get your second...Well, Second Seal. Vaike on the other hand...Annoyingly I might end up havin to do Paralogue 4 with effort to get Vaike to 10, cause I need him as a Barbarian. Panne's speed kinda tanks when she class changes at first, so a speed support kinda helps her out. Vaike is not a speed support, unless he's a Barbarian.

I predict Fred at this rate will hit the level 10 mark around chapter 10-11. Not sure if I should go Gryphon or Wyvern Lord or General. General provides Sumia much more Def as a support while granting her kid the Def+Move/Speed Rally (I feel that Cynthia could go Falco and get Speed on her own), while Gryphon would give me another Deliverer. Wyvern would give me the best performing support, but Cynthia doesn't really care about Quick Burn. Hmm...Decisions decisions...

Avatar amusingly enough might actually be able to hit 20 if I could find a way to get her the boss kill in the upcoming chapter. Considering that the same chapter gives me a Master Seal, it's pretty clear who that's going to.

Cordelia could have gotten a level in this chapter if A. I didn't wanna give kills to Panne, and B. If Kellam didn't decide to be super helpful against the merc, denying her that one chip exp.

As a note, the tier list points out in the OP that Renown you would get normally if you go through the game fresh is allowable. This means a Glass Sword (Kinda useless to me), and just now a Second Seal. If you got super awesome action out of Panne in her opening chapter (did not have such luck, since Vaike dual attacking thieves is never going to happen for me), you could probably reclass her right this moment. It's hard to manage, and as you can see, I didn't manage. It will have to wait till next chapter.

Chapter 8

That Lonqu support does wonders for Miriel. She pretty much marches down the left side of the map without fear. I do have to use a Magic Tonic for the Dark Mages though. I give my Pegasi a Def tonic, and Cordelia an Str Tonic.

The pegasi's initial move is to take care of the nearby Myrm and Dark Mage, Sumia of whom could ORKO the myrm if she wanted to while Cordelia has to attack from 1-2 range. I'd prefer to kill the Dark Mage as opposed to the Myrm since melee allows me to blow it up at my leisure. However, Sumia has more important things to do, namely fly down and smoke the Cavalier with the Steel Lance. This allows Miriel to use her full move down and kill the Fighter still without being in range of the Cavalier. Kellam's nice enough to chip in to smack the Dark Mage, so I have nothing to really fear in the next turn. As for Nowi and Gregor, I would LIKE to use Gregor, but it's clearly stupid in the face of Nowi. I have her park near the left village with Gregor in her pocket, in range of a cavalier and a Dark Mage. Gregor was gracious enough t happily smoke the Dark Mage on enemy phase, so that helps him out at least. This lets him safely kill the Cavalier while having enemy phase on everything else in range (Since Sumia came down and killed the Dark Mage).

The Strength Tonic allows Cordelia at base Str to 2RKO the chasing Myrm with a Javelin, allowing him to stop being a problem in one turn. Miriel comes down to assist Gregor, and once I get down to the lower portion of the map I switch to Fred (Elwind mage needs taking care of) so that Cordelia can get in range. From there, the map's pretty easy.

To my annoyance, Panne and Vaike did very little. In fact, all that occured with them was Panne moving Vaike in range to kill a Dark Mage.

Could have done this chapter in 4 turns, but hte lack of Nowi's 6 move being prevailant kept me from getting the left village (something that was shortsighted on my part). This wound up getting Panne a kill she frankly would never get normally, along with Miriel. Sumia was going to get the boss kill anyways.

Turns: 5

Panne and Vaike get B Support!

Kellam and Cordelia get C Support!

Nowi and Gregor get C Support!

Levels

Avatar 18.52 31 12 14 12 18 16 10 7  E Sword, B Tome      S Chrom, C Fred
             Chrom 12.08 27 13 3 14 17 13 13 4   B Sword             S Avatar
         Frederick 7.47 35 16 2 16 13 9 16 3   B Swd, C Axe, S Sumia, C Avatar
             Vaike 8.64 34 12 0 12 7 8  8  0   C Axe, B Sully, C Panne
             Sumia 9.29 24 10 4 14 17 13 7  7  C Lance              S Fred
             Miriel 10.64 25 0 14 11 11 12 5  7  C Tomes, C Sully, C Lonqu
            Cordelia 8.76 26 9 3 13 12 10 9 8 C Lances, C Kellam
             Panne 9.36 31 10 2 11 13 9 9 5  C Vaike
             Gregor 11.20 31 13 0 13 11 8 10 2 C Swords, C Nowi

This map is kinda lousy. A lot of exp gets focused into one person, so there wasn't much exp to be gained here aside from like 3 people (namely Miriel, Gregor and Sumia. Normally, it would be Nowi getting the exp, but I'm making bad decisions this playthrough).

So, now I have a MASSIVE problem. Namely: Panne is nowhere near level 10 for the appropriate chapter: chapter 9. I can't even blame Vaike for it, Panne just couldn't find the action. Because of this, I can't reclass her for a chapter she would normally really hate. As for Vaike? Well, Vaike sucks. Of course he wouldn't hit level 10. So now, Chapter 9 is going to be a little problematic.

Speaking of Gregor, why am I using Vaike again? Vaike would have to get 9 speed just to tie, and from what I can see, unless I get 2 in the next two levels, that's not going to happen. He's less durable, less Strength (though I'm pretty sure I'm screwed), his only real argument is that he'd have more HP and a built support (Which chances are no support out there would actually help him sine his start is just that blegh). Gregor just shows up and straight outclasses him. I feel like I should have just had Panne train up on her own, changed her class, then stuck her with Gregor.

This chapter was pretty even between Sumia and Cordelia. Only real issue between them is that Sumia at least holds the possibility of doubling Myrms. Everything you see here Cordelia could also do, so she'd probably be level 9 or perhaps more if you did what I did with her instead of Sumia.

Cordelia did not get a speed level. Considering no Frederick, this is kind of annoying. Will have to buy a Speed Tonic for her next chapter.

Chapter 9

Oh, I knew this map was gonna be fun. No flying Panne? Stuck with a mutltitude of rather immobile units in this shitty starting position? At least two units that are absurdly bad? Yeah...

Surprised I managed to get 5 turns. I probably could have gotten 4 if I was willing to move Fred forward a bit more on turn 3, but alas I was cautious on account of not wanting Tharja to crit him. Considering I had to use a Defense Tonic on Vaike just so he could actually do stuff without dying, I was a little on tilt. Seriously, Elfire Mage+Wyvern equaled certain death for my shitty Fighter. Even more annoying was that with that Mage, I was a kill away from Wyvern with Panne. 1 kill! I get t the south to kill the guys formerly harassing Libra, and they go after the guy who is huge and can double them thanks to a Gregor support! Well, at least Gregor got some training...But I really would have appreciated that going to Panne.

I abused the hell out of the Seperate thing to get the most movement I could out of Panne and Nowi so that Gregor and Panne could actually get somewhere this century, while once I got south I handed Avatar over to Gregor cause it dawned on me that that would actually be pretty awesome. I recruited Libra turn 1, and I killed the boss turn 4 with Fred's Mighty Hammer. Really, once you get past the first nightmare, the rest of the map is basically Fred with a Hand Axe. Except for when you're bringing in Tharja.

You could probably save a turn with use of a Rescue Staff on like Mirabelle after Ricken moved her forward, moved Chrom with some flying unit down to recruit Libra turn 1, then trade the Rescue to him to Rescue Fred then go nuts, but that's a bit bonkers. Still, 5 turns is still leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Fuck you, Vaike. Also, this was not a fun chapter for Avatar.

Turns: 5

Got two sparkly spots. Libra gained Wexp, and Fred picked up a Slack Bow. At least the WEXP is helpful.

Lonqu and Miriel gained B support!

Avatar 18.60 31 12 14 12 18 16 10 7  E Sword, B Tome      S Chrom, C Fred
             Chrom 13.08 28 13 3 15 17 14 12 4   B Sword             S Avatar
         Frederick 8.35 36 17 3 16 13 9 17 3   B Swd, C Axe, S Sumia, C Avatar
             Vaike 9.25 35 13 0 13 7 9  8  0   C Axe, B Sully, C Panne
             Sumia 10.35 29 11 4 15 18 13 8  8  C Lance              S Fred
             Miriel 11.62 26 0 15 11 11 13 5  8  C Tomes, C Sully, B Lonqu
            Cordelia 8.76 26 11 3 13 12 10 9 8 C Lances, C Kellam
             Panne 9.71 31 10 2 11 13 9 9 5  C Vaike
             Gregor 1.87 35 16 0 8 12 8 8 2 E Axe, C Nowi

Paralogue 4

I'm pretty sure you could do this map faster, but I really hate using Keys for some reason. Because of this, I did weird ass Rescue shenanigans towards the end with Libra just so I could use only one key on a chest towards the end while still being able to kill the Thief who gets the Weapon Scroll. I really did not want that fool to run.

Sumia was fast enough with a Fred support to double the Myrm at the start, but there was also an Archer in reach who does pretty lethal damage considering the enemies nearby. I probably forgot to use a Defense Tonic, but I had Fred just Silver Lance him instead out of safety. Sumia saw plenty of action anyways. I cleared him out so Cordela could bring Chrom close enough to Anna for turn 2 recruitment, though I now see that if I had used Rescue, I could probably have recruited her turn 1, then had her pull out the Rescue from the Convoy and bring someone else up front and had someone at the boss pretty much near turn 1. Hindsight's a bitch though. I actually redo the chapter trying to find various ways around, but the positions on this map are kinda crappy. I even did the 1 turn Anne recruitment, but due to how choked this map is, it didn't come with much use outside of maybe more exp.

Normally I just have Tharja take two turns to clear out the left side on her own/with Libra's assistance, but I didn't get much on her since I was a bit scattered/I had Miriel who sucks and needed protection so I had to have Tharja hold back. The left side went pretty smoothly though. Vaike finally hits level 10 and gets Zeal, and is step 1 towards turning Vaike into a Critbot (Something I noticed: Vaike's the only person who can stack all of the Crit boosting skills, namely Zeal, Gamble, and Wrath). Just need to reclass him to a Barb now so that I can get to Gamble, something that will go well with my team's numerous Solidarities and Anathemas. Oh, also, 7 levels and only 1 speed. This game loves me.

Panne also got level 10. Hooraaaay.

I think I'll stick with my redo game because A. It got Avatar to 20 without the boss kill, and B. It was more rewarding for Tharja though she still didn't see all that much action. Vaike isn't levle 10, but he's close enough. Miriel gets a sparkly spot for another Ladle. Luck be a Ladle tonight!

Barracks gives me a Superior Edge, a boost between Sumia and Sully, Hector's Axe, a Str and Def boost for Panne (Fistpump), and a useless convo between Gaius and Lonqu.

Gregor and Avatar gain C Support!

Vaike and Panne gain A Support!

Levels

UNIT             LEVEL    HP ST MG SK SP LC DF RS WEXP                  SUPPORT
Avatar       20/01.00    37 16 18 16 22 17 12 09 E Sword, B Tome       S Chrom, C Fred, C Gregor
Chrom            13.35    28 13 03 15 17 14 12 04 B Sword               S Avatar
Frederick     ??/09.15    37 17 03 17 13 09 17 03 B Swd, B Axe          S Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike            09.98    35 13 00 13 07 09 08 00 C Axe                 B Sully, A Panne 
Sumia            11.23    30 11 04 15 18 13 09 08 C Lance               S Fred
Miriel           12.22    27 00 15 12 12 13 05 09 C Tomes               C Sully, B Lonqu
Cordelia         08.98    26 11 03 13 12 10 09 08 C Lances              C Kellam
Panne            11.04    33 12 02 12 15 10 10 05                       A Vaike
Gregor           02.87    36 17 00 08 12 08 08 02 E Axe                 C Nowi, C Avatar
Libra           ??/03.06    41 15 16 14 15 11 11 18 C Axe C Staff
Tharja            10.73    25 04 11 05 12 03 12 07 D Tomes
Anna           ??/01.76    36 12 17 23 22 26 08 10 C Swords D Staffs

Avatar promotes. Good times were had. Quite the record for me to. Promoted before chapter 10?

Gregor got in an unrealistically good amount of tag teams with Avatar considering they had no support going. I am definitely not complaining though as he's now halfway to D rank, and getting exp under his belt.

Sorry to say I'm probably about to drop Lonqu for Anna, as she'll probably be a more effective support for Miriel until Henry shows up...I'm gonna be so mad when Henry shows up.

As for Panne, I'm actually thinking on not class changing her. I mean, I WANT to, but Vaike's a fuckhead. That speed (Whenever he decides to start growing any) can be kinda fixed with Panne's speed support. She makes use of the Str and Def at least.

Thinking of giving Anna the Weapon Scroll for C Staffs. Imagine that magic with Physic. Also helps that 2 Fortify users lategame is absolutely hilarious.

Tharja was given a Dracoshield. It allows her to currently recover any damage given to her physically considering the magic boost Libra gives, so as long as she hits with Nosferatu, physical enemies don't actually hurt her.

Chapter 10

Chapter 10 is a pretty easy chapter, and with Rescue shenanigans, you can do it in 3 turns. I did it in 4, cause I messed up my positioning and wound up with a Fighter blocking the boss.

Really this is just a farm map, just get what kills you can. There's a good amount of it to be had. Had Avatar go it alone (I wanted Miriel to support Anna for the Mag, and Gregor support with Lonqu because Lonqu actually allowed him to double), still almost got a level. Got all the thieves.

Interesting thing: Was able to give Miriel a Def Tonic, and it let her take on two Hand Axe barbarians at the same time. Got her a good amount of exp.

I finally reclassed Vaike. Before everyone asks why I didn't reclass Panne, I have two reasons. First off: I'm using Vaike and Vaike sucks. He needs the speed more than Panne needs wings. Panne's still good without wings anyways, I'm not really missing all that much (though Flight is still better). If I were using a better coupling, like say PannexGaius, I would not have this problem. I also wouldn't have this porblem if I weren't using 4 class change dependent characters. Second: Vaike needs the speed. He thankfully proc'd his second speed level at 10, so now he has 11+5, which is actually fairly workable (if it works for Miriel...). So, since he's now actually capable of combat, I can actually switch out relatively safe. I probably won't even reclass Panne in this game, seeing as Fred's so near it.

Oh, speaking of Fred, he got the boss kill. He will be level 10 by the next chapter.

Libra and Tharja gained C support!

Barracks gave nothing.

Levels

Avatar       20/01.79    37 16 18 16 22 17 12 09 E Sword, B Tome       S Chrom, C Fred, C Gregor
Chrom            14.25    29 14 03 15 17 14 12 05 B Sword               S Avatar
Frederick     ??/09.67    37 17 03 17 13 09 17 03 B Swd, B Axe          S Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike            01.00    38 13 00 12 11 10 07 00 C Axe                 B Sully, A Panne 
Sumia            13.53    32 12 04 16 20 13 09 08 B Lance               S Fred
Miriel           13.16    27 01 16 12 12 14 06 09 C Tomes               C Sully, B Lonqu
Cordelia         08.98    26 11 03 13 12 10 09 08 C Lances              C Kellam
Panne            12.18    34 13 02 12 16 10 11 05                       A Vaike
Gregor           03.89    37 17 00 09 12 08 08 02 E Axe                 C Nowi, C Avatar
Libra           ??/03.40    41 15 16 14 15 11 11 18 C Axe C Staff     C Tharja
Tharja            11.50    26 04 12 05 12 03 12 07 D Tomes     C Libra
Anna           ??/02.25    37 12 17 23 23 27 08 11 C Swords D Staffs

So Vaike. How does it feel, having Sumia caught up with your Strength stat?

Speaking of Sumia, behold the B rank! How many Silver Lance uses do I have? Hmm, 16 is a pretty healthy number.

Chrom needs to support someone else so he can get levels rolling again. Want Lucina by the time she shows up to be mega buff.

Fred will pretty much get a Second Seal at about the time he's ready for it. Perfect.

Gregor has grown a lot of nothing since he became a Barbarian. Kind of annoying me.

Chapter 11

Pair up MU with Anna. Pair up Olivia wth Chrom (Position reasons only). Give Anna a Magic Tonic. Rescue Chrom. Dance Anna. Move onto fort and switch to Avatar. If you were wondering how to pull Gangrel on turn 1, there's your answer. I was able to double him too, thanks to a speed tonic.

....That's the story of the chapter, really. Avatar basially asks Plegia "Do you even lift?" and the answer was not good enough. Hell, if Anna decided to chip in on both dual attacks, I could have ORKOd Gangrel. The force is strong in this one.

Huh, did other stuff happen? Yeah I guess. Vaike actually managed to stop sucking, and with a Ward from Libra, Fred was able to solo the right side of the map quite comfortably. Miriel did absolutely nothing, and Gregor got super close to D rank. He also is not gaining speed, something I'm all too familiar with. Vaike had the Killer Axe and was packing around 44% even though he was near no one in particular. He'd have 41% crit at base, so maybe his support had something to do with it. If there was Anathema and Solidarity nearby, he would have around 71% if that were the case. Keep in mind: Morgan is coming in as a level 10 Tactician, and Henry has yet to join my team. I also don't have Gamble yet.

So in short, Tonics. That is all.

Turns: 4, but you can do it in 3 if you have a flying Panne and a Thief because I was trying to get to the other chest, and wound up keeping the enemy Thief alive because of it.

Avatar and Anna gained C Support! An awesome support, if I do say so myself.

Vaike and Panne gain S Support!

Levels

Avatar       20/05.10    30 18 21 20 25 20 14 12 E Sword, A Tome       S Chrom, C Fred, C Gregor, C Anna
Chrom            14.55    29 14 03 15 17 14 12 05 B Sword               S Avatar
Frederick     ??/10.48    38 18 03 18 14 09 18 03 B Swd, B Axe          S Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike            03.84    40 14 00 13 12 12 09 00 C Axe                 B Sully, S Panne 
Sumia            14.27    33 12 04 17 21 13 09 08 B Lance               S Fred
Miriel           13.16    27 01 16 12 12 14 06 09 C Tomes               C Sully, B Lonqu
Cordelia         09.10    27 11 03 13 13 11 10 09 C Lances              C Kellam
Panne            12.18    34 13 02 12 16 10 11 05                       A Vaike
Gregor           04.48    38 17 00 10 12 09 08 03 E Axe                 C Nowi, C Avatar
Libra           ??/04.37    42 15 17 15 15 12 12 19 C Axe C Staff     C Tharja
Tharja            11.50    26 04 12 05 12 03 12 07 D Tomes     C Libra
Anna           ??/02.89    37 12 17 23 23 27 08 11 C Swords D Staffs

That's not a typo. Avatar jumped 4 levels in one chapter. One of those levels involved ripping Gangrel's head off with the strongest of breezes. Welp, I have Ignis now, and am only 10 levels away from Rally Spectrum.

Fred got lucky on a shining spot, gaining about 25 exp. Not that he really needed it. Anyways as you can see, he is now level 10 and ready for a class change. Now I like Dual Guard on him since he has pretty good Defense, but for the sake of Cynthia I should probably let Sumia run the show for now so that I can class change them both some time soon. Want Cynthia to inherit a good Rally I imagine. Might even go Dark Pegasus for Sumia so that Cynthia can go Falcoknight after I drop her mom out of my team for her.

Lookat all the speed Gregor's not gaining. Just my luck that the two characters I wanted t use get speed screwed badly.

On the other hand, I'm not entirely regretting the reclass for Vaike. He's now able to at least double some things, and he is quickly on his way to Gamble thanks to his fast leveling speed. On the other hand, it did cause me hesitation this chapter. So, he's starting to recover. Just hope he starts gaining speed for no reason, I've been screwed so bad.

Look at how close Libra is to level 5. Sure, I'm about to break my other Rescue staff, but not only is the next map small, but they become buyable after it. Bigger issue though is that I'm not finding much space for Tharja to level. The idea of he couple is to get them to promoted 15 real quick so that Noire can be a super ridiculous sustain machine. Noire's recruitment may have to wait it seems...

Chapter 12

This is where the game starts teaching you that it's about to start throwing massive numbers of relatively competent enemies at you, and you best be able to bring the noise. Well, noise brought.

I derped pretty huge on this chapter. Notably I could have been more conservative of Rescue uses in chapters like Paralogue 4, so that I could have more mobility in this cramped space of a map. I also forgot a single enemy in the corner, so that cost me a turn. All things said, you could probably do this in 4 turns, but I wouldn't berate a player for 5-6 turns. This map doesn't offer a lot of breathing room.

I actually brought Olivia into the fight, cause why not? I don't really have that many people being used at the moment. She helped out, all things considered.

As for my movements, I had Tharja chug a Magic and Def tonic, gave Vaike a Def tonic, along with Chrom and Anna (can't always rely on anna's avoid, Chrom wasn't supporting anyone cause I'm stupid and pairing Cherche with Gregor). Also, Sumia got a Def tonic, Fred got a Speed Tonic. I had Anna move as far as she could while not being in suicidal range, and then Rescued Sumia+Fred, and had Sumia fly over to the right side Bow Knight for Fred to double, having pretty consistent rates for Sumia to double, landing me a kill. This makes the right side of the map a lot less annoying, cause that punk packing a bow makes things pretty dangerous for Sumia. I sent Tharja and Libra to deal with the lower left group of enemies, and though Tharja didn't double and was having a pretty decent chance to miss, she wasn't in excruciating danger. If worst came to worst, I could just switch to Libra if I needed to.

Anna had to deal with a good number of armors and a couple cavs, and luckily her evasion with an Avatar support was so high that she was facing around the 30s displayed. A tad risky, but odds were in her favor since she was 3RKOd and there were only 6 enemies that could have attacked her. She got some great leveling in this chapter, and even got Lucky 7. Man, this skill is perfect on her.

Vaike threw down a bit as well,having taken his Hand Axe to smack around the Bow Knight group on the left side once I started dealing with the boat. I had Sumia with a Javelin and Fred with a Steel Axe to deal with the majority of them. The boss was more a problem since he was pretty tough skinned for Sumia. If there's one thing Sumia can't really do, it's deal with bosses (Fred can't either at this point in the game).

A Barb Gregor I found does in fact have utilic use: He allows Cherche to OHKO Armors with her Hammer here, so she doesn't even need to double. Her base level is fairly low, so this gives her some excellent exp. Unfortunately this also means Gregor didn't see much action.

Turns: 6, though if I payed attention to the last enemy, it would have been 5. You can do it in 4 though, but that might take a bit of luck considering how dense this chapter is.

No supports this time.

Sparkle spot gave me a Superior Edge

Barracks shows me that Lissa is fairly social, though I did actually get something useful for once: A boost in the relationship between Tharja and Avatar.

Levels

Avatar       20/05.30    30 18 21 20 25 20 14 12 E Sword, A Tome       S Chrom, C Fred, C Gregor, C Anna
Chrom            15.93    30 15 03 16 18 14 12 06 B Sword               S Avatar
Frederick     ??/11.04    39 19 04 19 14 10 19 03 B Swd, A Axe          S Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike            07.71    45 14 00 16 14 14 11 01 B Axe                 B Sully, S Panne 
Sumia            17.48    36 14 04 19 23 15 11 08 B Lance               S Fred
Miriel           14.36    28 01 17 13 13 14 07 10 C Tomes               C Sully, B Lonqu
Cherche         14.05    33 16 02 15 14 09 18 03 C Axe              
Panne            12.56    34 13 02 12 16 10 11 05                       A Vaike
Gregor           04.98    38 17 00 10 12 09 08 03 E Axe                 C Nowi, C Avatar
Libra           ??/04.62    42 15 17 15 15 12 12 19 C Axe C Staff     C Tharja
Tharja            15.47    34 05 14 07 14 07 14 08 C Tomes     C Libra
Anna           ??/05.12    39 13 20 25 24 30 09 13 C Swords D Staffs

Note that Cherche has replaced Cordelia. Yes, she gained 2 levels. Considering it only takes 5 kills to do that, it's not that hard.

In fact, a lot of the characters that were struggling for levels here kinda made it up. Cavaliers and Armors lean on the slower side of things, and promoted enemies are starting to show up. This chapter gave Vaike the room to apologize for his assness up until now. His speed is now usable, as is his durability. That bieng said, he's still not THAT fast on his own, so I still can't really give Panne her Wyvern. He's getting close to 10 though for dat Gamble. Once he gets that, I'll stop caring because he'll have like 50 crit for no reason.

Fred had a lot of sparkle spots that gave him exp, but even then it wasn't a whole level's worth. It is definitely possible to get him to level 10 by the time you get this chapter's Second Seal. Let that be known, son.

Sumia's getting close to promotiooooooon. Quite good thing too, means she's close to her promoted 5 skill (I like to wait till 20 for units I actually want to use long term). Considering you can get Cynthia fairly early, this is pretty cool. Only problem is Fred. That level 5 is still gonna take a while.

Tharja got that action in. Now I'm a bit more confident.

Then there is Gregor. Seriously guys, this isn't even a screwed thing, I've never gotten impressive speed out of this big guy. However, it's hard to disagree, that this guy is still an awesome support. Be it class change or promotion, he can basically fill any weakness a character might have (as noted with Cherche above).

Huh. Interesting thing. Fred if he reclasses to General will have 20 Str and Def. This gives a pretty ridiculous support of +7 Str and wtf +9 Def to Sumia. He does lose giving that +1 Move though. He gains some HP and Durability though, but loses -1 speed (he's going to be slow anyways, and his support still boosts it to a fair 20, more one she promotes which will be fairly soon). Most units in chapter 13 can't even really dent 20 Def (ignoring how many bows there are in this chapter, especially since Sumia here is practically the best unit you can find to send up and 1 turn the boss if we're going to get that dirty). That being said, losing that 2 move sucks pretty bad. If he were doing things other than pairing with Sumia, he might prefer something like Paladin. Defender would do him big favors.

Oh right, stat boosters! Uhh, I gave Thara a Dracoshield and a Robe. Seeing as she has no real problems with her speed or her magic, giving her more durability can only make her better. Also, Goddess Icon. Don't act like she doesn't appreciate that.

Chapter 13

So I didn't bother with a 1 turn using Rescue staffs. However, I did it in 2 turns anyways so Rescue doesn't even really save you that many turns. In fact, you could probably Dance and kill the boss turn 1 anyways.

This chapter is deceptive since it has a lot of enemies, but really it's a boss kill and the boss is like...Right there. Just get what exp you can. Not much to say really.

As for how I did it, I basically had Gregor team up with Cherche, downed a Speed and Def Tonic, then flew him up to a fort with a Hand Axe. Took out a couple guys. Sumia and Fred naturally went north, Fred going man mode and blowing up everyone in the immediate vicinity with the recently aquired Silver Axe and Sumia's help (Silver Axe for the Warrior there). Sumia then aimed up the bridge and had her attack the boss while Fred chipped in. Even if you fail to do it player phase, the boss is always the first to attack it seems so you kill him the beginning of enemy phase anyways. Fred needed no tonics cause all he had to do was kill everyone on the ground floor. He had the offense thanks to Sumia, and due to being a General, he was definitely not going to die. Not with 20 Def and 41 HP on a Forest tile.

Everyone else basically scrambled for kills. Not much to say.

Lucina gets C Support with Chrom and Avatar!

Cherche and Gregor gain C Support!

Tharja and Libra gain B Support!

Barracks: Only useful thing was that Gregor and Panne got a relations boost.

Levels

Avatar       20/05.74    30 18 21 20 25 20 14 12 E Sword, A Tome       S Chrom, C Fred, C Gregor, C Anna
Chrom            16.33    31 15 03 17 19 14 12 06 B Sword               S Avatar
Frederick     11/1.67    41 20 04 20 13 10 20 05 A Lance, A Axe          S Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike            09.04    47 16 00 17 15 15 11 01 B Axe                 B Sully, S Panne 
Sumia            18.56    37 15 04 20 23 15 11 08 B Lance               S Fred
Miriel           14.36    28 01 17 13 13 14 07 10 C Tomes               C Sully, B Lonqu
Cherche         14.16    33 16 02 15 14 09 18 03 C Axe              
Panne            12.72    34 13 02 12 16 10 11 05                       A Vaike
Gregor           06.36    40 17 00 10 14 10 08 03 D Axe                 C Nowi, C Avatar, C Cherche
Libra           ??/04.85    42 15 17 15 15 12 12 19 C Axe C Staff     C Tharja
Tharja            15.67    34 05 14 07 14 07 14 08 C Tomes     C Libra
Anna           ??/05.12    39 13 20 25 24 30 09 13 C Swords D Staffs
Henry       12.86     29 06 14 15 09 10 13 05 C Tomes

Now, to welcome Lucina!

[codep
Lucina 10.00 31 13 07 17 19 15 11 06 C Swords
Veteran, Dual Attack+, Charm, Aether[/code]

Hey, 13 Str works for Anna right now, and unlike Anna, Lucina's Parallel Falchion is basically a Silver Sword that slays dragons. Everything else is looking pretty good.

Now if only I didn't have 50 billion people that also wanted Reclassing...

I also fully accept Vaike and Gregor's apology for now...I'm going to be so mad at Henry for a good while.
[/spoiler]

Recruiting Morgan

This chapter was a mess, and I admittedly got by on luck. However, this chapter is pretty demanding for Speed, something my team lacks. However, I also had a fair amount to put the odds in my favor, what with the numerous amounts of Solidarity, Hex, and Anathema. However, it was still real messy.

Recruiting Morgan is a simple task. Put a flier in the upper right slot, fly Avatar to him, talk, then swap whoever you want on. I was stupid and linked him to Cherche when I should have just tagged him with Avatar so that Avatar could essentially act again the next turn while supplying double Solidarity. Instead like an idiot, I did the exact opposite and paired him with Cherche (thinking I could fly after, even though I attacked with Morgan...), and had him attack a mage, and put him in range of a Swordmaster that could double him (lucky Cherche block let him live). In fact, I was in danger of getting doubled by every one of them as I have like 2 people that could avoid him. Avatar was like the only guy who could double the boss and kill.

Normally you want to be very aggressive with this map so you can block the spawnpoints, another reason the General change kinda annoyed me. With Sumia getting the chest on the lower right by killing the thief (after killing the sage, Javeln+Steel Axe let me bypass the Sage before an Arcwind counter), I could have moved up and blocked a staircase of a very annoying mage.

Vaike hits level 10, and is now officially the Critbot. He's never rocking less than 50% Crt with that Killer Axe, and Anathema+Solidarity can only make it even better. Even though I couldn't double Gryphons, I was able to critbomb them. This allowed me to avoid a counter on a very dangerous Gryphon that comes down at you from the left side. They are triggered by engaging the Sage team nearby them, to which I had Anna deal with (again, if I had used Avatar instead of Morgan, I could have added to her safety with a support, but instead I am dumb. A Levin Sword pretty much cleared that group out.

I didn't reach the stairs in time, and it got me about 2 waves of reinforcements (to which the the first wave wasn't in range, and the other wasn't a danger to me as Fred was blocking the stairs). Things got pretty chaotic. Amusingly, Henry wasn't in all that much danger, because he was fairly tanky and had Ruin. The +1 Speed from Miriel kept him safer, but he was still in a fair amount of danger. He saw an unnatural amount of action. You'll see what I mean in his levels...

I moved too slowly here, so I know that I definitely lost turns. My team relied too much on luck as opposed to speed, and I paid for it here. Although, I did get Morgan immediately! I'd gladly pay that price. Probably should have used Lucina....

Turns: 7

Barracks got me some great stuff for once. A Tiki Tear, and an increase in Gregor and Cherche's relations! That last one I can't imagine what the chances were, but it's my lucky day for sure.

Morgan gains C Support with Chrom, Avatar and Lucina!

Miriel and Henry gain C Support!

Levels

Of course, meet Morgan!

Morgan 11.72 31 12 14 16 18 14 10 10

Veteran, Rightful King, Solidarity, Ignis

C Chrom, C Avatar, C Lucina

So I'm probably going to go Mercenary with Morgan which will make him basically into Lucina with more Magic for Levin Swords later (he's not taking Anna's, that's for sure). He has the option of Dark Mage for more Anathema, and then later can go into Sorcerer for Vengeance. His speed shouldn't be that big a problem seeing as he has 3 wonderful speed supports ready to give him a chance. Basically it's between Nosferatu and Vengeance vs more solid durability and Sol. His durability as a Dark Mage is only slightly worse than as a Merc, so at the end of the day it'll probably be better going Dark Mage. That being said, going Merc into Bow Kngiht would offer him more move, and would also grant me a Move support for later. Hmmm...Probably gonna go with Dark Mage now that I think about it, but would love to hear thoughts.

The fact that Vaike and Gregor have been speed screwed this entire time and then Henry, the one person who's so slow he can't even really make use of speed blessing, gets speed blessed. I am so fucking mad right now.

Libra creeps ever closer to 15...

One good thing about the Vaike pairing when he goes Barb is that he does give Panne +5 speed around this time. Having 27 speed is pretty damn good. She's very close to Beastslayer too, andI'm about to have a chapter that is super stupid with cavaliers and Gryphons most notably. Considering Vaike just got Gamble, I guess I see no reason not to get that next quick level.

Fred is pretty much 3 levels away from being forgotten for the rest of the game, but I'll see how long he can go. If I can get him to 10 or maybe even 15 for Pavise, I'll probably reclass him to Paladin.

As for Sumia, she is finally ready to promote. The difference between Falcoknight and Dark Rider is pretty negligeable statistically. The difference is the weapon rank. Her magic is too pitiful to really make use of Rescue (even when paired up with a good magic support, it would come out to....6 with a tonic). While not much better as a Dark Rider, it does give her an actual option when going up against her greatest bane: Armors. She doesn't really wanna be upclose to them, and the 1-2 range spears are pretty pitiful against them. Being able to at least bypass their defense with actual damage helps. I'll see if it even helps me save on Hammer uses. So I'm heavily considering Dark Rider. Cynthia will probably go Falcoknight since thanks to Fred she'll probably be more able to knuckledust.

As for Yarne's chapter....Uhhhh, that'll probably have to wait. Yarne's chapter is pretty hardcore, and Yarne has no problem waiting. Vaike and Panne are leveling fast, so his bases are going to be super swole by the time I get him.

Chapter 14

Decided to dump Miriel and Henry for this chapter for Morgan and Lucina. Much happier with that decision. Also, changed Morgan to a Dark Mage. The 1-2 range I figured was worth more than the speed, seeing as he has Veteran to grow out of that problem, and as mentioned he has a million speed supports.

I basically had Avatar solo the right boat, Anna with her Levin Sword seeing some action (unfortunately also pegasi. Does not change my strat though), Lucina paired with Chrom and Panne paired with Vaike would help headbutt the first group of enemies from the left side (Lucina needed a Def Tonic to have good odds, as that's not entirely safe), while Sumia+Fred and Cherche+Gregor (With a speed tonic for Cherche) went to 2-range the pegasi on the left, Sumia being in range of a mage or two I think. I WOULD have let Tharja solo the bottom boat, if I had extra Nosferatu, but no! My shop was blocked! Because of this, Libra had to take more of the action, and it wound up stalling my progression. So did Lucina, Gregor and Chrom missing a couple key attacks, which really pissed me off.

Basically my strat was a clean 3 turn, if not for horrid horrid luck. The idea was to basically clear out the right and bottom boats, Anna takes the right chests while Libra Rescues Avatar+Morgan to use the freshly gained Chest Key to unlock the last chest, then kill the boss turn 3. However, my lack of Nosferatu to safely eat through the bottom boat made me have to kill a turn just to cut through them.

I was robbed! Only real difference I can really think of though that this made was that Vaike got a bit more exp since he had to help out down below.

By the way, Panne is one shotting Pegasi with Beastfoe and her support. My first Beaststone also broke. Good thing I have another. So, Beastfoe now basically gives Vaike additional protection on top of his high crit thanks to a tag team giving him Beastslayer. The Dark Flier thing payed off too. Saved me Hammer uses like I predicted, namely against the Great Knight. I had to use a Magic Tonic, but whatever.

Barracks gave me a Rift Door, and gave Cherche 24 exp.

Gregor and Cherche gain B support!

Levels

UNIT LEVEL HP ST MG SK SP LC DF RS WEXP SUPPORT
Avatar 20/09.06 43 20 23 22 27 21 15 15 E Sword, A Tome S Chrom, C Fred, C Gregor, B Anna, C Morgan, C Lucina
Chrom 17.28 32 15 03 17 20 15 12 06 B Sword S Avatar, C Lucina, C Morgan
Frederick 11/2.38 42 21 04 20 13 10 21 05 A Lance, A Axe S Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike 12.73 51 19 01 20 17 16 11 01 B Axe B Sully, S Panne
Sumia 20/3.64 42 18 08 25 29 19 11 11 A Lance S Fred
Miriel 14.54 28 01 17 13 13 14 07 10 C Tomes C Sully, B Lonqu, C Henry
Cherche 16.75 35 17 02 15 15 09 19 03 C Axe B Gregor
Panne 16.06 38 13 02 15 19 12 13 06 S Vaike
Gregor 07.75 41 17 00 10 15 11 09 03 D Axe C Nowi, C Avatar, B Cherche
Libra ??/07.06 45 16 18 16 16 13 12 20 C Axe C Staff C Tharja
Tharja 16.77 35 05 15 07 14 07 14 08 C Tomes C Libra
Anna ??/07.25 40 14 21 26 25 31 10 13 C Swords D Staffs
Henry 16.35 32 08 15 16 12 11 15 06 C Tomes C Miriel
Lucina 11.16 32 13 08 18 19 16 11 06 C Swords C Avatar, C Chrom, C Morgan
Morgan 04.22 36 10 15 17 18 17 10 13 C Tomes C Avatar, C Chrom, C Lucina

6 levels from Spectrum, 2 from Rally Move, 3 from Rally Defense. My timings are coming along pretty smoothly.

I'll be honest, I've never really liked Lucina. Her bases just always seem to be slightly underwhelming. However, with a Reclass thanks to the brand new Second Seal I got, I can easily change her to a Cavalier. Seeing as she already has Aether and doesn't give a shit about Rightful King, she has no reason not to go Cavalier immediately. With Chrom as more a support, he can live with being in the back pocket while Lucina mops up the floor. Besides, Chrom getting a horse anyways does fix things up for him. Cavalier Lucina it is!

I probably should have promoted Miriel ASAP. Her jointime and level just sucks, and she never gets high level too fast. She can easily be replaced by her son, so that fast Magic Rally is probably more handy in the long run than her gaining levels. Would have also given me another Rescue Staffer.

Morgan's climbing the ladder mighty quick.

Yes! The paladin cleared out! Time to stock up on tomes...

Chapter15

Small cramped map that is easily enemy phase oriented? This looks like a job for Dark Mages! Seriously, Morgan and Tharja ripped this map apart. Sumia did her fair share as well though.

This map also kinda showcases why I don't like Lucina: Her Def just always seems to blow. I couldn't put her anywhere to get action without putting her in danger. Because of this, she got like 1 attack and 1 kill. Got her a level, but it wasn't much.

Tharja pretty much solod the beach and got to 20 off it. Going to be making her a Dark Knight. When one considers that she has 21 Def and like 46HP off it with how I gave her durability boosters, going Sorcerer to keep Nosferatu seems just a little bit silly. Besides, as stated, I want Noire having Lifetaker and Renewal.

Morgan on the other hand helped give people his Solidarity since this was a very cramped map with 1-2 range orientation. Vaike loved this map, along with Panne since there are a lot of horse units. Fred helped choke a point initially, but after that it was all Sumia. She got the boss kill, and also got level 5 for Movement Rally. Might need to find Fred a new partner, because it's going to be hard to find an excuse to use him when I could be Rallying.

Also, all houses visited. As for Say'ri, I Rescued her turn 1, had Chrom get out some stuff from the convoy to trade for her, then paired up with Lucina so I lost no movement off it. Paired her up with Anna. With that ludicrous speed buff and Lucky 7, Anna was basically invincible since nothing could touch her.

Gregor and Cherche now both have Hammers. It's Hammertime!

Chrom and Lucina gain B Support!

Avatar and Morgan gain B Support!

Libra and Tharja gain A Support!

Levels

UNIT LEVEL HP ST MG SK SP LC DF RS WEXP SUPPORT
Avatar 20/09.27 43 20 23 22 27 21 15 15 E Sword, A Tome S Chrom, C Fred, C Gregor, B Anna, B Morgan, C Lucina
Chrom 17.33 32 15 03 17 20 15 12 06 B Sword S Avatar, B Lucina, C Morgan
Frederick 11/2.75 42 21 04 20 13 10 21 05 A Lance, A Axe S Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike 14.34 54 18 02 22 18 16 11 01 B Axe B Sully, S Panne
Sumia 20/5.62 44 19 08 26 30 19 12 12 A Lance S Fred
Miriel 14.54 28 01 17 13 13 14 07 10 C Tomes C Sully, B Lonqu, C Henry
Cherche 17.28 36 18 02 16 15 10 20 03 C Axe B Gregor
Panne 17.21 39 15 02 15 20 13 14 06 S Vaike
Gregor 08.52 42 17 00 11 16 11 09 03 D Axe C Nowi, C Avatar, B Cherche
Libra ??/07.42 45 16 18 16 16 13 12 20 C Axe C Staff B Tharja
Tharja 20/01.00 45 09 18 14 19 11 21 11 C Tomes B Libra
Anna ??/08.27 40 15 21 27 26 32 10 13 B Swords D Staffs
Henry 16.35 32 08 15 16 12 11 15 06 C Tomes C Miriel
Lucina 02.16 35 15 07 18 18 17 12 06 C Swords C Avatar, B Chrom, C Morgan
Morgan 10.21 42 12 17 17 20 21 13 14 C Tomes B Avatar, C Chrom, C Lucina

Behold: Tharja is now the most durable unit on my team.

Just need to get Fred 2.25 more levels and I will have Cynthia as I need her.

Vaikehas unnaturally high Skill. He now has 67 Crit with just Panne support and the KillerAxe. Since Morgan now has Anathema and I have 2 of them along wth 2 Solidarities, that can total up to 107 crit. If I bring Henry back? 117. Basically under the right circumstances, Vaike can one shot anything he glances at. He's now hit his stride. All he needs to do now is become a Berserker once he hits 20, and then he probably won't even need a Killer.

Panne has been fine without reclass. The duo gives no shits about mounted units, to say the least. This will come in handy REAL soon for when gryphons start showing up to annoy me to no end.

Cherche is close to promotion. Might go Lord since Gregor gives speed, give Gerome every reason to go Gryphon for Deliverer, then I can drop Gregor. Gregor I'm sad to say hasn't been contributing too much, and onceI have Gerome as a Gryphon, I won't really need Gregor anymore.

Morgan already has Anathema, he now crits the universe. Once I get Vengeance, things will just get real ugly.

Avatar       20/08.01    42 19 22 22 27 21 15 15 E Sword, A Tome       S Chrom, C Fred, C Gregor, B Anna
Chrom            16.86    31 15 03 17 19 14 12 06 B Sword               S Avatar
Frederick     11/2.10    42 21 04 20 13 10 21 05 A Lance, A Axe          S Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike            11.85    50 18 01 19 16 16 11 01 B Axe                 B Sully, S Panne 
Sumia            20.00    39 16 04 23 25 17 11 08 A Lance               S Fred
Miriel           14.54    28 01 17 13 13 14 07 10 C Tomes               C Sully, B Lonqu, C Henry
Cherche         15.63    34 17 02 15 15 09 19 03 C Axe              C Gregor
Panne            14.18    36 13 02 13 17 11 11 06                       S Vaike
Gregor           06.96    40 17 00 10 14 10 08 03 D Axe                 C Nowi, C Avatar, C Cherche
Libra           ??/06.02    44 16 18 16 15 13 12 20 C Axe C Staff     C Tharja
Tharja            16.24    35 05 15 07 14 07 14 08 C Tomes     C Libra
Anna           ??/06.52    40 14 22 25 25 30 10 12 C Swords D Staffs
Henry            16.35     32 08 15 16 12 11 15 06 C Tomes C Miriel
Edited by grandjackal

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ChromxAvatar support is super-effective; I consider it the best option available, since it gives you the strongest Lucina by far, and a really good Morgan (Rightful King). There are three Veterans in that family (!!!), tons of reclass potential, and they all have supports with each other and thus are basically interchangeable and make for a strong, flexible fighting force.

ChromxAvatar support is super-effective; I consider it the best option available, since it gives you the strongest Lucina by far, and a really good Morgan (Rightful King). There are three Veterans in that family (!!!), tons of reclass potential, and they all have supports with each other and thus are basically interchangeable and make for a strong, flexible fighting force.

Yeah, what the hell was I thinking. ChromexAvatar it is!

Now it's just an issue of who to find for Vaike...Perhaps him and Panne?

Time for Chapter 1!

Chapter 1

Ipair up Avatar with Fred this time, because that's how you do this map. I trade him my Bronze Sword now, seeing as I don't want him just throwing Silver Lance uses for no reason. Seeing as Avatar has 10 speed, the +1 Fred gives allows me to double Fighters. Not planned, but fortuitous nonetheless. Start off by having Avatar head to the left to Thunder the Myrm, This als leaves Avatar in a position which to attack the Archer on enemy phase. Chrom meanwhile just smacks around the nearby Fighter on the fort since he 2RKOs. The sparkles continueto give me good fortune, as Chrom gains 23 free exp. A little annoyed that Chrom got hit twice while ona fort with WTA, but whatever. Fred being an absolute bro dual attacks the archer so I don't have to deal with that annoying shit anymore. Next turn, Avatar runs down and doubles a Fighter, unfortunately not killing or getting a Fred proc. Sully however is in range, so she gets it. Virion attacks the Mercenary, Chrom to finish it off, and then the chapter's pretty self explanitory from here. Annoyingly, Avatar misses on her first attack on the boss, so I'm forced to waste a turn. To preserve credibility for how the chapter would go, Chrom gets the boss kill anyways. He needs it more anyways, Avatar is pretty much set.

Turns: 4/10

Levels

Avatar    5      66   23      8       7      6      10      7       7       5    C Chrom   C Fred
Chrom    2     96    21      8       1      8       9       6       8       1    C Avatar
Fred        1     58    Base
Lissa       1    Base
Sully        2     70   Base
Virion Who Cares

Man, if Chrom got one more level and it was Speed, he could double Mercenaries with Avatar's help. Oh well, guess Avatar will just double them instead, kekekekekeke.

This is a very important question that will be the sole factor in evaluating this run-through's worth: what is the name of your Avatar, and why are you pairing her with Google's internet browser?

This is a very important question that will be the sole factor in evaluating this run-through's worth: what is the name of your Avatar, and why are you pairing her with Google's internet browser?

I left her name default as Robin, and I'm pairing her with Chrom for the reasons stated by Interceptor.

Chapter 2

I never did like this chapter, if only because your force kinda is ass, and your starting positions are horrible. Anyways, I have Avatar and Chrom pair up, and with dual they kill the upper right Barbarian (trying to hit the mercenary is an exercise in stupid because he's on a forest). Even if they failed to kill, Stahl or Virion could just mop up the mess. However, Chrom and Avatar cooperated, and thus both were rewarded with a level.

Fred pairs up with Stahl so he can immediately charge the bridge. Avatar and Chrom tag team the barbarian hiding in the forest. Fredteams with Stahl to immediately charge the bridge, Avatar in the meantime pretty much wrecking everything and everyone along with Chrom. Miriel and Sully clean up whatever Avatar didn't mercilessly slaughter to allow her to move forward towards the bridge, Miriel trading the axe to Vaike so he can finally do something (He teaming up with Sully, by the by). Chrom takes the helm at the bridge,considering he can easily ORKO the 3 enemes he can survive while Fred finishes off his fighter burger. Miriel does one last chip to a soldier she distracted, and Vaike got the finishing blow. All that's left is the boss. Fred punches him, Avatar gets the kill.

Pretty sure you could 3 turn this if you let Fred just steamroll the top side of the map with a Silver Lance, but that wouldn't be fun. I had him use a Bronze Sword instead. I think maybe some transfering and non-combining would do more on this map, but I'm not willing to work that all out. I hate this map.

Turns: 4/14

Levels

Name   Lvl   Exp   HP   Str   Mag   Skl   Spd  Lck   Def   Res
Avatar     8      9    26      8       9       7     11     9        7      5   C Chrom, C Fred
Chrom     4    61   22    10       1     10     11     8        9      1   C Avatar
Fred         1    93   Base
Sully         3      0   21      7        1       9       8     7        8      2
Vaike       3    30   Base
Miriel       1    53   Base

Not going to bother listing levels for people I don't care about, Sully will eventually be part of that group.

Hmmm...I could have Solidarity in time for Chapter 4. As you can see though, this chapter was very nice to Chrom.

Following this and Interceptor's games are going to be very insightful for me, can't wait to pick up some cool info and tricks to use. I am currently finishing my first playthrough of hard mode, and on my next run I will be trying some of this out along with a few new things to possibly help the tier list.

Ok, so I might have to readjust my strategy here. UsuallyI have a raised Sully...And I don't here.Stahl doesn't even have D swords either.

Chapter3

When I saw Interceptor's strat, I wondered exactly how much paint he huffed when he mentioned having Kellam go form the left side of the map to the right to support Fred...When Sumia is right there in what one would see s a terrible starting location for her. She allows him to double, and that is good. I have him slotted on a far right location so that he can immediately move up and ORKO a Soldier, which also happens to net him a level. Fortune smiles on me once again, as he gains +1 Speed out of that, so now he can double the mercenary that has the door key, meaning he can just move straight to the door next turn. So, I have Chrom recruit Kellam, pair up with him then move up to punch a soldier in the face. Avatar moves over and transfers Chrom to herself and allows herself to double and kill the soldier. Stahl teams up with Kellam, Sully teams up with Vaike, moves forward and equips a Javelin in case the archers decide to attack her, and Miriel goes ot pull the archer off of Fred. As it turns out, everyone hates Avatar as they all gang up on her and die. She had enough durability to survive them all, but not enough magic to ORKO without Chrom smacking a couple of them around. Miriel on the other hand shows why I hate her so much. She can't double the archer and even with the only magic support available to her, she can't even 2RKO.

Fred goes up to the door while everyone just kinda gets into position. I equip the Silver Lance so that I can smoke the armor on enemy phase. A traded key to Stahl opens the door and Chrom charges in with his Rapier to pigstick the armor while Fred moves into position to deal with the merc and archer, Sully moving into position with the Javelin for the coming enemy phase. It probably owuld have been wiser to trade the key onto her and have Kellam do this instead, but whatever. Like an IDIOT though, I put Fred in a position that kept Miriel from attacking Hammertime. Oh well! Sumia kills the archer, Kellam finishes the archer, Avatar and Chrom tag team the fighter and Vaike gets lucky thatSully's feeling helpful ass he helps him kill the merc. It was an obviously bad decision because I could have just moved up and jav'd it, but I'm being stupid and using Vaike. Hammertime must have proc'd the worst durability of 26 HP and bad Def, because a base Sumia with Fred support ORKOd. I was prepared to have Miriel finish because this almost never happens, but whatever. Final turn, Fred chips up the boss wth his Bronze though he could have just bonked her with the Hammer, so Chrom goes in and finishes her off with the Rapier.

Turns: 5/19

Levels

Avatar    9      71   26      8       9      7      11    10       7      5   B Chrom   C Fred
Chrom    5      61   22    11      1     11     12      8       9      2   B Avatar
Fred        2      54   29    14      2     12     11      6     14      3   C Avatar
Sully        3     30   21       7      1       9       8      7        8      2
Vaike      3      60  Base
Miriel      2      12  18       0      7       6       8      7        3      4
Sumia     1      79  18       6      3     11     11     8         5     7

We see here my issues with Miriel and Vaike, namely that I could have had others that do it better. I'm not even trying to use Sully, she's getting more exp cause it's just smarter to not use Vaike.

Also note: Avatar. She's 4 levels above the second highest leveled unit on my team (the first technically being Fred), and technically she's still worse than him in just about everything aside from 1-2 range. Am I being screwed, or do others get this sort of thing too?

Paralogue 1

Got a few Defense and Strength tonics. If I don't use them now I'm sure I'll use them eventually. Had Avatar, Fred, Suma and Vaike use a Def Tonic, and Sumia used an Str. Might be wondering why Fred used a Def Tonic: I fucking hate this boss because Gamble has boned me more than once.

It's kinda disgusting that I found a way to 4 turn this chapter (potentially. requires Sumia attacks with Fred, which probably aren't going to happen. Because of this, a 5 turn is more realistic.

So, I have Sumia positioned on the upper left most position so that when Fred pairs up, she can move him onto the pillars to choke a point, along with attack the fighter there. Miriel and Avatar paired up with their usual supports sneak through the bottom, aiming to get t that central room just south of the boss, while Vaike and Sully go north, Vaike manfacing his way through to go to the side of the boss's room for Sully to pull an archer with a Javelin. When I realized how well my strat actually works, I learned this was not necessary. I could have just avoided these 3 altogether and fought more safely, and I learned I only needed Avatar to go into that central room for a completely seperate reason.

Once turn 1 is over, instead of having Fred move left, I had him move north. I had counted spaces, it is actually a shorter distance even though it looks like it snakes. The issue is I had no Javelin on Fred, and there was a hand axe Fighter along with an archer. No worries however, as I had Avatar blast him with Thunder...Only issue is, my Thunder broke, so now Avatar is astoundingly unarmed.

Ya know what? I need to redo this.

Binning Sully. Welcome, Kellam. Store? Give me a Fire tome. Why I didn't just get this earlier I'll never know. Fred? Here's your Javelin.

Actually no. Sully, get back on the team. Lissa, YOU get your ass off my team. You don't give Miriel any meaningful damage. I'mma just give her my remaining Thunder uses and be content.

Ok, so Avatar attacks a Fighter, Chrom helps her kill, she gets level 10 and thus Solidarity. Yaaaaay. Fred moves north of the pillar fighter and smokes him with Sumia's help (there's a good chance he won't need the help, but you can always give him a Strength tonic). Yaaaay. Sully helps Miriel move in range of an archer, and Kellam teams up with Vaike to be the Hard Bodied Duo. It's around the time I kill that archer that Miriel came by that I realized I had Chrom equipped with the Rapier the whole time. Well, shit. That's a bunch of wasted uses.

Fred chokes that point in the snaking passage, kills an archer, Sumia kills the iron axe fighter (both got a level at the same time), to which I have Avatar and Miriel prepared to deal with them. Only needed Miriel, thanks to Sumia, so Avatar could harvest the archers up top. Even more is that Fred could move up, hit the Fighter at the pillars with his Javelin, and this would get him the Fighter along with the Archer in the treasure room. His position would also mean that the archer would move onto the pillars, so Fred is free to move at the boss in Javelin range, made all the safer thanks to Avatar being in range to pull.

Yeah what the hell, I can finish this chapter before the thief even unlocks the chest. That means no Rescue or Killer Lance...

Those save more than 1 turn though, so I'm getting them. Hold the phone, Fred.

Ok, got it.

Frederick has gained C support with Sumia!

Miriel has gained a C support with Sully! (I didn't even know they supported).

Levels

Avatar   11    72   27      9        9      9     13    11        8      5   B Chrom, C Fred
Chrom     5    86   22    11        1    11    12      8         9      2   B Avatar
Fred         3    60   30    15        2    13    11      7       14      3  C Avatar, C Sumia
Vaike       5    13   31    10        0    10      6      6          6      0
Miriel       2    71   18      0        7       6      8      7          3      4 C Sully
Sully         4      3   22      7        1       9      9      7          8      2 C Miriel
Sumia      2    12   19      7        3     12    12      9         6      7 C Fred

I see all of Interceptor's speed for Chrom went to me. I'll make you a deal, Interceptor. I give you some of Chrom's speed if you throw a bit of Avatar's Mag my way.

Vaike, to my annoyance, didn't get Speed his two levels. This is why I tend to hate 6 base speed characters even if their speed "gets better". For me, they usually don't. Oh well, at least this chapter was really nice to Vaike. Thanks, Kellam!

Sully continues to get exp for no reason, and Miriel continues to suck. Not big surprise. Almost want to get another level on Sully now for that +1 speed support on Miriel...But then I'd just end up using Sully, wouldn't I?

Sumia got a really good level.

Edited by grandjackal

For those of us that don't get + SPD proc on Fred and therefore can't double the Merc, a Kellam support lets him OHKO with Silver Lance. Fred also gets to trade for his javelin for a couple extra archer kills on the top floor.

-Tactician bases are terrible compared to Lord (M) and well... everything that isn't a magic based class.

-Tactician growths are very balanced, a bit too balanced...

-Looks like screwage though

For those of us that don't get + SPD proc on Fred and therefore can't double the Merc, a Kellam support lets him OHKO with Silver Lance. Fred also gets to trade for his javelin for a couple extra archer kills on the top floor.

Note that if I didn't double the merc, that would just mean I get the hammer on the last turn instead of the turn before.

Note that if I didn't double the merc, that would just mean I get the hammer on the last turn instead of the turn before.

Probably; I just wanted to highlight what the standards for "huffing paint" were. A RNG-proof strategy that has the same end result as another option, apparently qualifies as temporary hallucinogenic insanity. It's an exercise for the reader to ascertain what that difference might be.

On with the show!

Chapter 4

A two turn is possible, but also requires a lot of luck to it, so I will just aim for the more reasonable 3 turn. There was an Anna shop, but it only offered a Master and Second Seal, things which currently are useless to me.

It's simple really. Give Sumia the upper most slot, par up with Fred, have her move up as far as she can then switch to Fred with a Javelin equipped. He'll cut the armor in half, take off a third of Marth's health, then kill the mages. I have Chrom and Vaike next to eachother to get the first two fighters, having paired up Miriel with Vaike and then dropping her north of Vaike's destination. I fortunately had the speed to let Avatar double Marth, and with a tag team from Chrom it allowed Avatar to get the kill. Vaike finishes his plate, Miriel kills the aformentioned armor, and Sumia kills the last Hand Axe Fighter. The last armor goes for Avatar...Err...I just unwittingly 2 turned this chapter anyways. In fact, that seemed non-luck based because Sumia didn't get a shot in aside from her kill, and I'm quite positive my Avatar is magic screwed. Even if Fred didn't kill the hand axe fighter first turn, he would have just suicided into Miriel or Avatar.

...Excellent.

Barracks: Gives me a slightly fortunate increase of relationship between Fred and Miriel. Not a big deal, as chances of them being near eachother are near zilch. Sully gained 10 exp. Rest of the things were pointless.

Chrom and Robin now have A Support!

Levels

Avatar  12     64   27      9        9    10     14     12       8       5   A Chrom   A Fred
Chrom    6     26   22    11        1    12     12       8     10       2   A Avatar
Fred        4       7   32    15        2    14     12       7     15       3   C Sumia
Vaike      5     53   31    10        0    10       6       6        6      0    
Miriel      3     11   19       0       8      6        8       8        3      5   C Sully
Sumia     2     52   19       7       3    12     12        9       6      7   C Fred

Avatar is definitely magic screwed. Miriel shouldn't have more Magic power when the level difference is 9.

Chrom is feeling a weird moment where he is mysteriously low on HP.

Fred is turning out perfectly fine.

Before I start Chapter 5, I recall hearing something that astounded me, namely that Chapter 5 can be done in 3 turns. I can't even fathom how one would manage this, as it seems like that's too much ground to cover in such short time. I have found that thanks to Miriel being lucky with 8 magic, I can transfer Ricken off of Mirabel to her and allow her to OHKO wyverns with Elwind. If I didn't have 8 magic on the other hand...It would be up to Ricken to do that.

People wonder why I hate Miriel. Same reason I hate Lou in FE6.

I can't even fathom how one would manage this, as it seems like that's too much ground to cover in such short time.

Are you serious? Sumia and Frederick can be on the top floor by Turn 2 (right below the dark mage), and the boss moves to fight them. You just need enough luck/pepper to kill off enemies fast enough to make the reinforcements irrelevant. It also helps to be able to get Chrom up there in a hurry, since he ORKOs the Riders easily. The circumstances are pretty absurd, but it's possible if you don't care about things like reasonableness.

Are you serious? Sumia and Frederick can be on the top floor by Turn 2 (right below the dark mage), and the boss moves to fight them. You just need enough luck/pepper to kill off enemies fast enough to make the reinforcements irrelevant. It also helps to be able to get Chrom up there in a hurry, since he ORKOs the Riders easily. The circumstances are pretty absurd, but it's possible if you don't care about things like reasonableness.

Well, I'll see how reasonable it is. It's good fortune that I have a Sumia with +1 Str so she can ORKO the Dark Mage herself so she can fly up to the northern fort.

Funny thing is, what you mentioned is what I actually usually do. I just wasn't aware it could result in a 3 turn, for the reasons you mentioned, so I just figured there was some miraculous movement that I wasn't aware of.

Chapter 5

A+1 Str Sumia does me a world of good here, as it makes me not rely on Fred to do a tag team to kill the Shaman that is immediately in flight range on the second tier of the mountain. Avatar is fast enough to double mercs, but since I'm super boned in magic, I have to rely on Chrom tag teaming to clear the way up the path. Not hard though, since they're at A support with eachother. Ricken rides with Maribelle to help Elwind the barbarian,to which Vaike runs up and punches, Sully transporting Miriel up and dropping her on the fort. Kellam and Lonqu stay behind and pair up to destroy the enemies on the ground floor with great ease.

I have Avatar and Chrom attack the mage, and finally Avatar hits 10 Mag. Gets 10 Str too, so now she gives a bigger bonus to Chrom. Sumia flies up the cliff so that Fred can attack the terrain abusing wyvern with a Javelin (I hate these guys. Not only do they know how to use the terrain, they usually proc 1 Res or 1 HP so I can't one shot them with a Miriel+Ricken support Elwind, because there's no way you're having more than 8 magic for this fight). Miriel finishes off the Wyvern with Fire, and I have Maribelle sit on the fort after trading Elwind with Fire and giving Ricken to Miriel. Sumia decided she REALLY didn't want to help Fred at all because having been ganged p on just about everyone on the map, Sumia didn't chip in once. Maribelle gets a shiny spot, for Eirika's Blade, while Miriel and Lonqu sit their ass down on a fort to block reinforcements. Fred pretty much kills the entire map, Avatar intercepts the Hand Axe reinforcement while sitting on a forest tile along with a mercenary (Good thing, Fred would need more luck to kill him). The boss decdes to fly down and eat an Elwind to the face.

Sumia finshes off the last Dark Mage, seeing as Fred just hit level 5 (Yay, Luna), and all that was left was to decide who got the boss kill. Avatar, Chrom, Vaike or Miriel. Considering Avatar is post level 10, all the kill would give her really is stats, and she can easily get levels anyways. She and Chrom are already boss mode as it is, and their supports pretty much make them safe bets from here on out. So it falls to Miriel and Vaike. Vaike can't get the kill (too much HP by 2), but he can at least get a nice chip in. So, that settles it really. Miriel gets the kill). Miriel needs the levels badly anyways. However, if I weren't using her seriously I'd easily just give this to Avatar.

Barracks gives me some Sully+Kellam relation boosting, which is pretty worthless to me. Doesn't sound like a bad idea though...

Frederick and Sumia gain B support!

Vaike and Sully gain C support!

Levels

Avatar  13     52   28    10     10    10      15   13        8       5   A Chrom, C Fred
Chrom    6     51   22    11        1   12      12     8      10       2   A Avatar
Fred        5       7   33    15        2   14       12    7      16       3   B Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike      5     94   31    10        0   10         6    6         6      0   C Sully
Miriel      4     76   20      0        9      7        8     9         3      5
Sumia     3     82   20      7        3    13      13    9         6      7   B Fred

Depending on your luck with Dual Attacks, Sumia could be level 4 by the time you leave this map. Unfortunately for me, Fred and Sumia were hating on eachother a little on this map.

Miriel got extremely lucky on magic. Luckily this strat doesn't really rely on one shotting a wyvern, but it's funny how this map shows up and there is no difference in performance between her and Ricken (Aside from Ricken gettng doubled by the boss I guess, but you can keep Ricken paired up with Maribelle to avoid that...but, I'm using Miriel, so fuck Ricken).

The more I use Vaike the more it feels like I'm just using Sully anyways. Vaike to get level 6 wuld have had to risk hitting a Myrmidon. Yeah, I'm not that stupid.

Fred getting level 5 as soon as chapter 5 is actually a record for me, since usually it happens around chapter 6. Then again I never did this straight up Fred hulking out on the third floor ASAP strat before. Makes me wonder exactly how quickly Fred could hit level 10 for reclassing. Considerng I've given quite a bit of exp to Sumia though, it's a bit late for that.

Also to note about Fred is that he is currently sitting on B rank for Swords with Lances mastered. Once I get Hand Axes, it will show that Fred is the weapon master.

Barracks gave me a Glass Bow. With Eirika's Blade, that gives me about a 400 gold increase in my funds. Currently sitting on 9165.

Paralogue 2

As someone who is using Miriel, I am ever so thankful for Elwind and Mirabelle's arrival. This grants Miriel a horse, and gives Mirabelle +4 so that she an have 4 Rescue Range. This lets me put Kellam+Lonqu in a relevant range. To my amusement, Lonqu failed to double the Barbarian at the bridge, not that it really matters any. Lonqu's only dying if the fist of an angry god decides to fall on him. Fred hitches a ride on the flying horse so that Sumia can proceed to punch magician face. This will be a good chapter for Sumia. Seems that barbarian that Lonqu couldn't kill decided he would go after Sumia, simply giving exp to someone I would prefer it on. I have Sumia go north and then rewind south to get the last bandit on the mountain, and I go north to help Anna because I do not trust the RNG ever. My fears well founded, as Anna gets hit by a 30%. Never fear, for Sumia is here!

Really, this chapter is simple because a lot of the enemies don't actually attack you. God, even after a vulnery, Miriel is still killed by archers. So, I pretty much have Mirabelle heal Vaike so that he can just go roughriding on these fools, seeing as how Miriel is fucking useless. So, I ...oh, ok. Anna dies to a random hit, another 30%.

Redo, doing exactly the same thing.

This time, Lonqu gets his kill with a crit, and Chrom decides to chip in with his dual attacks for a change, along with the sparkly giving Sumia 27 exp. Lonqu and Kellam pretty much hold the bridge, and it seems like no one wants to dodge 30%s because Anna got hit by two, and so did Lonqu who damn near died if he didn't dodge...The 72%. Today is opposite day it seems. Finally though all the barbarians that would threaten Anna's rarely unlucky life all die. I switch to Kellam to chip the archers for Miriel because, heavens me, Lonqu was liable to die. I have to make a somewhat risky play, because to keep things in turn check, I have to have Avatar deal with all 4 enemies at once. Killing the Steel Axe guy is simple, but I was still liable to get killed if all 3 of the others hit me. 1 missed me, even though all the hits were 50% or lower, and Chrom deciding to chip in both hits gives Avatar the boss kill completely on accident. After Vaike did what minimal stuff I had him around for, I had him switch to Sully to get to the village. Sumia gets the last kill.

Avatar and Chrom now have S support! Now maybe I could switch supports around...Though really I could have done that to begin with. I'm not exactly in a rush to get S. Oh well.

Levels

Avatar  15     62   29    10     12    10     16    14     10       5   S Chrom, C Fred
Chrom    6     96   22    11       1    12      12      8     10       2   S Avatar
Fred        5     11   33    15       2    14      12      7     16       3   B Sumia, C Fred
Vaike      6     64   32    10       0    11        6      6        6       0   C Sully
Miriel      6        1  22       0     11      7        9    10        4      5   C Sully
Sumia     5     56   21      8        3    14     15    10        6       7   B Fred

Told ya Sumia would get her time.

Avatar is getting some Def up, getting her Magic back. I am happy with this turn of events.

Miriel recovered. Guess Elwind did her more favors than I thought. I'm still not impressed though, as I'm clearly getting lucky. 11 Mag on a level 6 Miriel?

Meanwhile, Vaike is growing a lot of Skill for no reason, seeing as he's growing nothing that actually helps me. Seriously Vaike, 3 levels and only 1 Str?

Chapter 6

I have Chrom just out of Gaius's range so I don't accidentally smoke him, Sumia charges down the right side with Fred in tow, smoking a Fighter on the way with a tag team, while Miriel, Miabelleand Sully+Vaike meet at the middle to take care of that position. After getting rid of the Thief and Fighter so that Vaike can now choke this point, Sumia and Fred basically manmode the right side while Chrom and Avatar tag team the left. Panne goes down, wanting to team up with Vaike, while Gaius goes for the chest, Lonqu and Kellam being bosses that pull aggro off of Sumia (wow, can ORKO cavs at base Str with the killer edge. Why are you such a boss, Lonqu?).

...Really, that's all to say about this chapter. Real short, sweet, to the point. Chrom recovers a lot of lost ground here thanks to Cavaliers being weak to his Rapier, and Fred gets a VERY important kill in the form of Validar. He gains nearly 50 exp, and that is no joke for someone like Fred. Most get twice that, but Fred is rare for big exp finds. Quicker I get him to level 10, the better.

Interesting notes: I had a 9 speed Miriel, and with a Panne support, it allowed her to ORKO Fighters with Thunder (would probably need Elwind normally). Was thus able to transfer her to Vaike so he could double the Dark Mage (if only I didn't have a Vaike that only grew 1 Str in 3 levels). Luna is pretty helpful here because in conjunction with Sumia, it's another activatable that only has to happen once to land a kill with some weaker weapon like a Hand Axe. This allowed me to rush Validar while limiting the amount of enemies Lonqu had to deal with. I had to fall back with Lonqu though, because he didn't feel like dodging today. Maribelle was quite active with the heals.

Lonqu gets a shiny spot. +10 Exp.

Barracks got Maribelle some temporary Mag and Def. Quite nice for her, actually, just in case I accidentally get her into danger, but more importantly it gives her more range for Rescue if a strat may call for it.

Fred and Sumia gain A rank in support!

Vaike and Sully gain B support!

Levels

Name   Lvl   Exp   Hp   Str   Mag   Skl   Spd   Lck   Def   Res
Avatar  16     20   30    11      13    10     17    14     10       6   S Chrom, C Fred
Chrom    8     56   23    12        2     12    14     10    10       3   S Avatar
Fred        6     19   34    15        2     15    12       8     16       3   A Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike      7     84   33    11        0     11      7        6       7       0   B Sully
Miriel      6     91   22      0       11      7      9     10        4       5   C Sully
Sumia     6        1  22       9        4     14    16    10        7       7   A Fred
Panne     6     90   Base
Lonqu    7     12    23     8          1    15    15       9       8        3

I'm noticing that Chrom doesn't have a lot of HP...This is becoming a bit of a problem.

Vaike finally got his first good level, yaaaaaaay! Good thing too, his support finally came in. Was hoping I could get him higher level than...7...But that's the way the cookie crumbles. Vaike hasn't exactly been all that helpful so far, so his levels reflect it.

Miriel is starting to stabalize, but her speed is still meh and her Mag is still a bit over the top. Still not really digging her.

Sumia's doing quite well. Quite.

Lonqu I wasn't even using seriously, and he beasted this chapter just because Kellam and he straight beast this chapter.

Also, the supports show a good point of mine: Sumia and Fred hit A before Cordelia's chapter. Quite an important level, seeing as that means +2 bonuses to pegasi stats for Fred compared to Cordelia, along with all of the tag team bonuses it gives, which will play a part in an upcoming paralogue. It's amusing because usually Sumia is higher level than this, but I guess I'm trying much harder to short turn so Sumia's lacking levels she usually has. Nonetheless, she's coming out healthy enough.

Also, Fred is finally down to his last 2 shots of Avatar's Bronze Sword all the way back from prologue. Man that sucker lasted a good while. I'm just about halfway to B rank Swords now, not that it really matters. Pretty much going axe rank from here on out. Love you, Discipline.

Barracks offered me an increase in the relationship between Lonqu and Vaike. Not that helpful.

Chapter 7

Rather simple chapter really. The first move dictates the pace of this map, realy. Can have Panne in attack range of the archer so when paired with Vaike, she smokes him, allowing Sumia with Fred to move to the forested spot and wreck face with a Hand Axe (the Hammerman has 10% chance to hit, so we essentially eliminate that threat automatically). Avatar and Chrom can take out a nearby Barbarian while being in range of Wyverns, and for the most part my speed and good luck stats give me a reasonable amount of evasion that go well with my decent durability (heyman, 11 Def compared to Fred's 16, technically Avatar is the second most durable unit in my party right now). I had Miriel stupidly in range of 2 wyverns (paired her with Mirabelle for the horse), but luckily she dodged one. 66% on both, I had a somewhat fair chance of dodging, but I probably should have had someone like Lonqu+Kellam to block her flank. One shotted one of the Wyverns though, so I'm not too mad.

From there it's simple. Take out the archer with Fred, take out the Hand Axe barbarian with Chrom and just move forward accordingly. This is one of those awkward maps where you have an odd number of slots, and the person joining doesn't join at a good time.Sully was just kinda derping about doing nothing. She threw a Javelin at a Thief for Panne to kill. Contribution over.

It's another good chapter for Chrom, cause towards the end he gets to charge headfirst into slayable dragons, turning the map into an episode on wyvern endangerment awareness.

I gave Vaike an extra kill.Panne has no trouble hitting 10 by the time I get Chapter 9's Second Seal. However, I know one I stop feeding Vaike, he's never going to see the light of day again.

Lnqu gets a sparkle spot, gainng a free 14 exp. It's like the game really wants me to use him instead of Gregor, a sentiment I can agree to.

Can I also just say Vasto has a good profile?

Turns: 3

Barracks gave Virion 10 exp. Welp, that's a waste.

Meanwhile, Vaike and Panne get C support! Yaaaaaay, 12 speed for Vaike! That's not going to help at all. Stupid slow motherfucker.

Levels

Avatar  17     37   31    12      13   11     17    15      10      6   S Chrom, C Fred
Chrom  10     63   25    13        3   13     16    12      10      4   S Avatar
Fred        6     81   34    15         2   15     12      8      16      3   A Sumia, C Avatar
Vaike      8     14   34    12         0   12       7      6        8       0   C Panne, B Sully
Miriel      7     81   23      0       12     8     10    11        5       6   C Sully
Sumia     6     43   22      9         4   14     16    10        7       7   A Fred
Panne     7     73   29      9         1   10     11       9        8       1   C Vaike

I kinda realize that I'm lucky Vaike has the option to go Barbarian, because in the least that will give Panne some speed for when she goes Wyvern. Vaike's speed continues to sadden me.

Miriel is slowly but surely getting to the phase where she stops sucking, but not by much. She's still as durable as wet paper, and her speed is still not good enough. Maybe I should pair her with Lonqu instead of Miriabelle....

Chrom's pretty much back to full speed despite playing second fiddle to Avatar for so long. The dual tagging makes up for Avatar's undeniably screwed magic. I've gotten a speed level on all but 1 level...Not that it really matters, considering Avatar gives him lol+5. I'm more concerned about his durability, because while my speed is blessed, my HP is kinda sucking.

Fred has C rank in axes before Libra even shows up to give him one. Can you say set for life?

Sumia and Cordelia finally meet. Sumia is merely level 6, but the upcoming Paralogue will change that. Has C rank lances too. Statistically, Cordelia starts more durable with +1 Def, Res, and +3HP, but then again I have an A with Fred. Considering the nothing Cordelia has with him, really it's Sumia who has +1 Def on her. They're technically even, even if Cordelia picks up Kellam. In this instance, it comes down to 18 speed and existing tag team rates with someone who has all the weapons in the world available to him (most notably including the Hammer). As it stands, Sumia thanks to Fred has offense that blows Cordelia's out of the water. For now anyways.

I will not be using Cordelia however, for that is what Interceptor's doing. I instead will be using...Miriel and Vaike. And Gregor once he shows up to add another slow ass to my team.

So while Interceptor's the popular kid in the hood, I meanwhile am chopped liver.

Paralogue 3

I dump Sully finally for Cordelia, seeng as Sully's not going to be doing much anymore. Panne for some reason was not on the team, so I threw out Maribelle.

So I notice a problem I have. Normally my strat is to send Sumia with Fred's move boost to Javelin the far away Armor while someone else takes care of the archer. Considering my team, I'm pretty much benching on the Archer having 9 speed so a teamed up Kellam can allow Cordelia to do so. Normally you can have Panne team up with Gaius to just bumrush through the forest, but no I'm using Vaike's dumb ass. So, I have Miriel team up with Lonqu, and thankfully it can allow her to at least double things. Now, I have her keep near to attack the upper left barbarian-

I really just missed a 95%...Miriel, I just decided to give you the Skill Book instead of selling it for some asinine reason. You have a Lonqu support. Missing should not be part of your vocabulary! I hate you enough as it is!

*restarts tll archer has 9 speed again*

Amusingly if there's one thing good about a Vaike support, it's that when he attacks, he's usually hitting just as hard if not harder than you, so he makes impossible kills more possible on the first strike, allowng Panne to avoid even taking an attack from the Barbarian (51%. She has to avoid at least 1). The Kellam support is being quite helpful. Takes an axe to the face, then can go and attack the Javelin Armor and STILL safely take a sword to the face. This pretty much lets her and Panne deal with a majority of the enemies on the upper right portion of the map.

I hate how the boss is on mountains, making him a luck reliant kill, seeing as the punk brought an Elixer. Oh well, nothing Fred's Silver doesn't fix. Chrom and Avatar pretty much go south and solo everything, first turn being sure to get the Fighter on the left, then nicking off the Fighter in the forest with Avatar, Miriel with Lonqu takes care of the Fighter, Mercenary and Archer in the upper left portion (vuln used of course). At the last turn, Cordelia moves across the river to kill the pursuant Mercenary. Kellam decided to chip in and be helpful, and that scored me a sparkly spot (Orsin's Hatchet! Ooohh, do I have to sell it?).

The Barracks offered me an amusing event. See, when Gaius finds an item, he says "What's this? Candy? Not candy.", then you find item. Well, he happened to find me a Sweet Tincture...So he found me candy. Idiot. Kellam scores more Skill and Def, which would be nice if he weren't in Cordela's pocket. Stahl was social today, as he got along with Mirabelle and talked with Fred. Avatar and Kellam hit it off a bit...Wouldn't say that was the most worthwhile barracks. They rarely are.

Fred and Sumia gain S Support!

Miriel and Lonqu gained C Support! I did not know they actually supported...Most helpful indeed. That's +5 Speed Miriel just has on tap.

Rrrr....The town I wanted to get Str and Def tonics from was infested before I started the map. Now after I do it, a SECOND enemy unit appears on it, so now it's even more infested. That is highly annoying. Remember, everyone: Stock up while you have the chance.

Levels

Avatar 18.31 31 12 14 12 18 16 10 7  E Sword, B Tome      S Chrom, C Fred
             Chrom 11.81 26 13 3 14 16 12 11 6   B Sword             S Avatar
         Frederick 7.07 35 16 2 16 13 9 16 3   B Swd, C Axe, S Sumia, C Avatar
             Vaike 8.34 34 12 0 12 7 8  8  0   C Axe, B Sully, C Panne
             Sumia 7.50 22 10 4 14 17 11 7  7  C Lance              S Fred
             Miriel 8.84 24 0 13 10 10 11 5  5  C Tomes, C Sully, C Lonqu
            Cordelia 7.93 Base
             Panne 9.06 31 10 2 11 13 9 9 5  C Vaike

See? Panne has no issue hitting 10 by the time you get your second...Well, Second Seal. Vaike on the other hand...Annoyingly I might end up havin to do Paralogue 4 with effort to get Vaike to 10, cause I need him as a Barbarian. Panne's speed kinda tanks when she class changes at first, so a speed support kinda helps her out. Vaike is not a speed support, unless he's a Barbarian.

I predict Fred at this rate will hit the level 10 mark around chapter 10-11. Not sure if I should go Gryphon or Wyvern Lord or General. General provides Sumia much more Def as a support while granting her kid the Def+Move/Speed Rally (I feel that Cynthia could go Falco and get Speed on her own), while Gryphon would give me another Deliverer. Wyvern would give me the best performing support, but Cynthia doesn't really care about Quick Burn. Hmm...Decisions decisions...

Avatar amusingly enough might actually be able to hit 20 if I could find a way to get her the boss kill in the upcoming chapter. Considering that the same chapter gives me a Master Seal, it's pretty clear who that's going to.

Cordelia could have gotten a level in this chapter if A. I didn't wanna give kills to Panne, and B. If Kellam didn't decide to be super helpful against the merc, denying her that one chip exp.

As a note, the tier list points out in the OP that Renown you would get normally if you go through the game fresh is allowable. This means a Glass Sword (Kinda useless to me), and just now a Second Seal. If you got super awesome action out of Panne in her opening chapter (did not have such luck, since Vaike dual attacking thieves is never going to happen for me), you could probably reclass her right this moment. It's hard to manage, and as you can see, I didn't manage. It will have to wait till next chapter.

Edited by grandjackal

It is?

*Actually bothers to check*

*facepalm* Well, first time that's happened. Not sure why it decided to crap out this time.

Ok, so to explain the problem here. I go to edit it and I either get the problem where the stats aren't alligned because they're too crunched together, or the code exaggerates the number of spaces between the number and get the garbled mess you all see.

I'm rather annoyed, cause this is the first time my format's decided to fuck up, and only now do I notice that it's a problem existing in all of my stat tables.

Interceptor, could I have a copy/paste of your format? Cause I don't want to spend all day just editing a stat table format.

Edited by grandjackal