Remake Gaiden?

Just something I randomly thought of today while playing Awakening, but I kinda hope they remake Gaiden. On the 3DS. I personally haven't played Gaiden, but just like all the other Japan-only Fire Emblem games I've researched it to the best of my abilities. I think it'd be pretty neat if they incorporated some of Awakening's gameplay mechanics into it, it seems like it'd work really well since Gaiden uses a map system of sorts, and supports could help give characters more development. I personally thought Shadow Dragon on the DS was good, maybe not the best FE and definitely had some mistakes but still good, I think they could learn from those mistakes and really make a Gaiden remake on the 3DS work quite well.

I thought that the next remake would be Gaiden.

With how much Awakening took from Gaiden, I figured it wouldn't be a stretch for that game to get a remake.

Awakening took more from just Gaiden but I can see it being a possible next remake perhaps. It or Geneology have the best chances of being remade I think.

I thought that the next remake would be Gaiden.

With how much Awakening took from Gaiden, I figured it wouldn't be a stretch for that game to get a remake.

Yeah, and I also figured since Gaiden is the oldest game to not have a remake/update/sequel/prequel/sidequel it deserved some more recognition.

Awakening took more from just Gaiden but I can see it being a possible next remake perhaps. It or Geneology have the best chances of being remade I think.

I actually kinda don't want FE 4, 5, or 6 to be remade, I'd rather those ones just get translated and put on Virtual Console (4 and 5) and eShop (6). I've always been a big fan of the battle animations and art style of the GBA games, I wouldn't want them to take the risk of ruining that. And I have no idea why, but there's something about the portraits in 4 I really like, I have no idea what but something.

I kinda like a Gaiden remake also, I kinda wondered about if they might add an another Avatar and I am not sure what will they might put Avatar in Alm's route or/and in Celica's route and also, I think that add more locations and a Paralogue routes in the remake would be good too.

Edited by King Marth 64

I kinda like a Gaiden remake also, I kinda wondered about if they might add an another Avatar and I am not sure what will they might put Avatar in Alm's route or/and in Celica's route and also, I think that add more locations and a Paralogue routes in the remake would be good too.

If they did the avatar again with Gaiden. Maybe you could choose which route they go on? Either that or have 2. One for each route or something to that effect.

If they did the avatar again with Gaiden. Maybe you could choose which route they go on? Either that or have 2. One for each route or something to that effect.

Maybe something similar to Sacred Stones. "Which path will you chose? Alm's or Celica's?"

Maybe something similar to Sacred Stones. "Which path will you chose? Alm's or Celica's?"

Well, considering the original worked like Radiant Dawn [or I mean Radiant Dawn worked like Gaiden] you changed perspectives every few chapters. So that probably would be weird to just pick a singular route to go on.

Yes. That's what I'm thinking since I ended Awakening. So, the Tactician should be more on Alm's side. Besides, he would need someone to smack some sense on him for his ruthless action.

Cellica is already a tactician, due to her place on the story and her class is extremely similar as well.

I think that Gaiden could be made into a really great story, Rudolph's fight should hace all the gloriousness it deserved. And Duma could be expanded to, makes a pretty interresting villain

And fighting Duma in 3d would be as great as it is terrifying.

A lot of the shrine could be reworked into Gaiden chapter.

FE4/5 are already pretty great game, but Gaiden didn't sh

Edited by TendaSlime

Yes. That's what I'm thinking since I ended Awakening. So, the Tactician should be more on Alm's side. Besides, he would need someone to smack some sense on him for his ruthless action.

It would be easy to write him/her in as well, just be another villager from Alm's home town that follows him out.

Well charctersneeds to be more developped. Learning their love story is already strange enough, but Sonya takes it to a whole different level. She is directly related to the main villain(s), but you have absolutely no informationabout this besides her ending. Having her discuss with Cellica would sure be interresting...

Well charctersneeds to be more developped. Learning their love story is already strange enough, but Sonya takes it to a whole different level. She is directly related to the main villain(s), but you have absolutely no informationabout this besides her ending. Having her discuss with Cellica would sure be interresting...

Yes. That was one thing I didn't like about Shadow Dragon, hardly anyone got any kind of development. If they remake Gaiden, then they need to go into development of characters more.

I really hope we get a remake of Gaiden at some point. It's the most dated game (like in terms of its controls and interface) that hasn't been remade. Also, the translation I've played is horrible and the text just goes scitzo sometimes...but that's not actually a problem with the game.

Anywho, since the whole series has been kind of revitalised by Awakening, and a lot of westerners who didn't even play FE until now are suddenly aware that characters Alm and Celica exist, I think the chances are a lot better than they were a few years ago.

I really hope we get a remake of Gaiden at some point. It's the most dated game (like in terms of its controls and interface) that hasn't been remade. Also, the translation I've played is horrible and the text just goes scitzo sometimes...but that's not actually a problem with the game.

There's been another translation patch that's amazingly good. Like, I don't think there's a single error or oversight in it.

Gaiden is practically begging for a remake, but I think it would need some major changes: take the ideas and premise of Gaiden and rework it into a modern FE. Gaiden had loads of really weird elements which can't really be disentangled but it's also very bare-bones and need to be built upon. Hence, I think it needs gutting and reworking before bringing it to a modern FE-loving audience, especially as Shadow Dragon was pretty faithful and as a result we got decades-old maps, cast and narrative.

Yes, I'm playing through Gaiden for the first time and I was thinking how good a remake could be. However, I was thinking of it as a hack rather than anything official. Was running through some imaginary support convos in my head...lol.

Incidentally one of the things I like about Gaiden is the small number of playable characters. I feel it gives them all more chance to be fleshed out, and there is a lot of potential there.