'Fire Emblem on Forums' Sidestory - Interest Check Thread + Chat?

Haspen

Hello, my new forum acquitances!

WELCOME IN FIRE EMBLEM ON FORUMS!

This thread is currently for asking questions, discussion and posting character sheets.

Player's Handbook, hosted on sendspace

Changed rules:

Character creation, stats&weapon ranks:

-Two Affinity rolls made by GM; Player chooses one of them.

-Character Skills banned: Blossom (because exp-pool is group-wide), Corrosion (because wep.quality on enemies is not counted), Reinforce (because I say so :3)

-When the Handbook says 'Your Choosen Weapon (S)', FEF treats it as 'Your Choosen Weapon Subcategory (S)', for the sake of simplicity.

-Class Skills are changed/removed in several classes, click here for full listing.

Lvl Up's:

-Performed at the end of Turn during which the Exp.Pool counter went over 100 points.

Inventory Space:

-CON no longer used to determine amount of inventory slots. Every unit have 5 inventory slots, unless special rules are applied ('Bag of Holding' of Rogue class, for example).

Mounted Units:

-It is possible to do two actions in one turn besides moving: For example, drop a carried unit, run to another and pick it up. Or, run to a unit, rescue it, and use a Vulnerary on it. It is not possible to further move after the second action. You can do only one attack per turn, though.

Dying:

-You die when the 'KO' counter goes to 0. Death is permament.

Terrain:

-Click here for terrain&weather explanations

Combat specific:

-Staff-bearers auto-equip a weapon for combat duration, provided they have any weapon at all and they can use it (similar to Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of Holy War).

Gold:

-In FEF, gold is distributed 'per character', it doesn't have a 'party gold' pool or anything like that (again, think FE4).

------

GM Preferred Character Sheet Format, on pastebin

FEF World Fluff, read greatly recommended before Character Creation, but not necessary and Cheap crude World Map <- World Fluff prone to edits, especially early in the game

GM greatly prefers if character sheets are made in plain .txt files, and either uploaded or hosted on pastebin, thank you.

===

What am I offering:

Cruel and challenging maps where Player Characters are facing death and destruction at every step.

High amount of GM guidance and activity, I'm very passionate about my job here :3

Map-based strategic game and full-on game mechanics. I use my own tileset that is simple and cozy :3

The game will possibly span 4-5 Chapters.

It is 'Gaiden' (side-story) game of Fire Emblem on Forums that I'm GMing on the Dwarf Fortress forum.

EXTRA TIDBITS:

Player Characters start as First Class units.

Player Characters cannot be Lords or have highly aristocratic heritage (being a minor noble/officer/official is OK, though).

---

So. I'm ready to answer all questions and look over all and any character sheets you gimme :3

---

IC Thread is here!

Approved Character Sheets:

1. Cameron Mordren, Bandit (Kelsper) (Gold: 250)

2. Cassandra Short, Healer (Strunk) (Gold: 250)

3. Karina, Dancer (Xin'dy) (Gold: 250)

4. Warren, Scavenger (Cyron) (Gold: 400)

5. Kelbara, Shaman (Shin) (Gold: 250)

6. Grant Lovell, Soldier (Vestige) (Gold: 250)

7. Kress Moore, Cavalier (Essbee)

Waitlist:

1. Daniel Savard, Knight (I have opinions) (joining in Chapter 1)

2. Luke Labroue, Cavalier (Eail) (joining in Chapter 1)

3. Jen Swift, Archer (Alg) (joining in Chapter 1)

NPC's list is here!

Edited by Haspen

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm interested in joining. I've got a character sheet set up, but it's probably not very good. If you could look at it and tell me what you do and don't like, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I have no connection to the original game. Does this affect my ability to join this 'Gaiden' version?

Link to character sheet : http://pastebin.com/Yib2ZJWY

This seems pretty interesting to say the least. Currently reading the Hand Book. Did you create this game from scratch or what?

When are you going to close character creations? Like, how many people are going to be allowed to play in this game? Or can people join as the story/game progresses? And yes, how much of the main game do we need to know?

Also, if you look at the skill changes sheet you made, you got rid of Wyvern Knights "Scatter" skill, and instead gave them "Dragon Scales". But Wyvern Riders (Base Class) already has the "Dragon Scales" skill.

Also I don't quite understand the "Affinity" part of the handbook, or what role they play in the game. Besides supports.

Edited by Vestige

I did read the whole handbook this morning, it's pretty interesting, though stuff like static weapon ranks and the new classes feel off to me, it's making me want to try. Though I'll have to see my time schedule for that, of course. One question that's been asked before and I want to know myself is about how much do we need to know about the main game you're hosting for this, as well.

I'm interested in joining. I've got a character sheet set up, but it's probably not very good. If you could look at it and tell me what you do and don't like, I'd appreciate it.

Also, I have no connection to the original game. Does this affect my ability to join this 'Gaiden' version?

Link to character sheet : http://pastebin.com/Yib2ZJWY

I will look at the sheet in a moment :3

That's the best part: No knowledge needed! While few NPC's will be tied to the main game, you need zero knowledge about the 'main game' to join (and hopefully enjoy!) the 'Gaiden' :3

As for the sheet: I will format it and re-host it on my pastebin like all others so I can actively edit weapon/item qualities and stats during lvl up x3 It is fine sheet, but I'm not really convinced about the Personal Skill. It is for duration of combat, for 1 turn, or what?

Oh and because you start as First Class, you have 2 Personal Skills instead of 1. Also, you get Staffs at D rank, and one Subcategory of Staffs (Heal/Buff/Ailment) at C rank :3

This seems pretty interesting to say the least. Currently reading the Hand Book. Did you create this game from scratch or what?

When are you going to close character creations? Like, how many people are going to be allowed to play in this game? Or can people join as the story/game progresses? And yes, how much of the main game do we need to know?

Also, if you look at the skill changes sheet you made, you got rid of Wyvern Knights "Scatter" skill, and instead gave them "Dragon Scales". But Wyvern Riders (Base Class) already has the "Dragon Scales" skill.

Also I don't quite understand the "Affinity" part of the handbook, or what role they play in the game. Besides supports.

Well, see, once upon a time I played several FE 'games' based on this Handbook via MapTools. Unfortunately they went flat, but I got the Handbook from one of the GM's. After some time of boredom, I decided that if I can't play a forum Fire Emblem, I should make my own :P

So: World Map/History is my own, but Handbook is not.

Sky is the limit :P

The 'main game' at one point had 14 different characters playing at once. I envision that starting group should be around 4-6 people to get it started nicely. And of course others can join - they can be random mercenaries, or henchmen of some NPC, and such. I just need to work out the 'entrance' of individual character :P

Oh... Then Manakete have the same thing I suppose. Oh well, it's just a skill name :P

Affinities decide what kind of bonuses you get from Supports! :3

I did read the whole handbook this morning, it's pretty interesting, though stuff like static weapon ranks and the new classes feel off to me, it's making me want to try. Though I'll have to see my time schedule for that, of course. One question that's been asked before and I want to know myself is about how much do we need to know about the main game you're hosting for this, as well.

As for time schedule: As long as you post at least once per day, I'm fine :3

Edited by Haspen

Okay so pretty much no prior knowledge is needed, so that's good then. I'll get started on a character sheet sooner or later. :D

About Dragon Scales. What I'm saying is, it's literally the same skill. If I was a Wyvern Rider my skill would be "Dragon Scales" and then as a Wyvern Knight it would be "Dragon Scales" + "Scatter".

But now after the skill change you made, it's "Dragon Scales"+"Dragon Scales".

Unless these skills stack for +10 Res instead of +5?

We definitely need a summoner. Summoning Dragons is sick haha

Edited by Vestige

Manakete's Dragon Scales give +5 RES against all magic.

Wyver Rider's gives +5 RES against Fire/Wind, but makes him vulnerable to Thunder magic (he takes Effective Damage from it).

And no, they don't stack - the promoted 'Scales' merely remove the Thunder vulnerability :P

Edited by Haspen

I'm interested: http://pastebin.com/zhE9PUJc (Gotta love Bandits man, we need more o' those).

Please tell me if there are any mistakes - I assume the "Hack" type is just normal "Axes". Or so I would imagine.

I'm also assuming that the PC Group overview in the World Fluff was for the original RP?

It would be one of my first times attempting to do a RP, I tried a couple FE Map RP's a long while back, but unfortunately they did not get off the ground.

Thanks.

Hack - Normal axes

Thrw (Throwing) - Ranged axes

Bldg (Bludgeon) - Variant of axes; maces, clubs, hammers, etc.

About 'PC Group Overview' - yes it was, I just copied half of the first post onto this thread to save time x3

I just checked your sheet - it is nicely done :D In fact, I don't see anything wrong, so I will go to random.org and roll for your available affinities.

3, 6

You can pick either Wind or Darkness

Just noticed I based a good deal of information on the Trainee class instead of the actual class, so I decided to just create a new Pastebin containing all the edited information. Maybe I'll learn not to do stuff like this when I'm dead tired some day.

New character sheet : http://pastebin.com/iXrEmc8E

Edited by Strunk

This looks interesting, I'm going through the handbook now, I will likely do up a character

edit: here he is its a

edit 2: oops nevermind fixing now

Edited by Cyron

/me looks at Cyron, then at sheet, and at Cyron again.

Are you drunk or dyslectic or both? v:

Your personal fault is 'aviod' without description.

Personal skill has the same name as the Personal fault.

And your Bio says about Wil, not Warren :P

/me looks at Cyron, then at sheet, and at Cyron again.

Are you drunk or dyslectic or both? v:

Your personal fault is 'aviod' without description.

Personal skill has the same name as the Personal fault.

And your Bio says about Wil, not Warren :P

Shoot, i changed some stuff midway through, but didn't finish all my changes before I went of to go get food, and then when i came back i forgot i wasn't done and uploaded it.

edit also not drunk, not dyslectic, just way to early in the morning

edit: fixed

Cyrons Character sheet fixed.txt

Edited by Cyron

Hey Haspen, mind if I get my affinity roll now? Haven't made my character yet, but I'd like the roll anyhow.

I roll affinities for people who already have a sheet :3

Shoot, i changed some stuff midway through, but didn't finish all my changes before I went of to go get food, and then when i came back i forgot i wasn't done and uploaded it.

Okay then, waiting for fixed sheet :P

Hmmm, I'm not sure if I like the second Personal Skill on Kelbara. Crit has potential to go very, very high when there will be lots of enemies I:

Daunt, Charisma or Provoke. Anyone got any ideas? Having trouble deciding which one to pick. I can make my own decisions...

Going soldier, if that helps.

And then there's these dastardly personal skills. So many combinations. ;_;

Edited by Vestige

get charisma so I can be better

I'd say you might want to go with Charisma or Daunt from that list, they both seem pretty useful, though there might be some others you want.

Also Haspen can I ask you to change something on my character sheet? I already thought I did this but apparently not. Wanted to move the +1 to Res and 10% in resistance growth into speed so I have 4 (60%) speed and 0 (15%) resistance, if it isn't too much to ask.

also can I be The Man Whom Dagda Loved

Edited by Kelsper

Yes kelsper become The Man Whom Dagda Loved

So here's this story

I wanted to challenge myself by RNG'ing a class first and then creating a character based on it, to challenge my creativity.

I randomized a list and had a good friend pick a number without knowing what the classes were, and oh boy.

PS: Giant freaking bio of DOOM

I need to stop going on and on when writing ermergerd.

I hope I did it right so I don't have to redo much stuff. xP

Edit: Go charisma or go daunt and I go charisma or something *bad at choosing specific skills*

Edited by Xin'dy