Crappy ASM

Brendor

Hi all :):

I recently started learning some assembly and figured I should share my progress with the community

BEHOLD

^this code will allow the game(or chapter rather) to start on the enemy phase instead of on the player phase

Alternatively, you could change the 80 at offset 2 in the .dmp file to 40 if you want the chapter to start on the NPC phase

It should be called with an ASMC code in your opening event.

This is by no means an amazing hack but I figured if even just one person could benefit from it then I should make it available, so be creative with it and make me proud! :lol:

Edited by The Booty Wawriah

I actually haven't extensively tested it but I'd assume it goes straight into the alternate phase after you press start

Edited by Brendor the Hungry

I actually haven't extensively tested it but I'd assume it goes straight into the alternate phase after you press start

With modifying ASM... never assume. It makes an ass out of u and me.

...and will screw with other functions if you're not careful.

All it does is change the active allegiance to enemy, from an ASMC. Should work for prep screen as long as you ASMC it in the opening event.

Edit: sorry not the opening event, I believe that takes place prior to the prep screen. A turn event on turn 1 or whatever :P

Edited by Jubby

If you give the Opening event an event id and set an AFEV to active the routine after the opening event occurs it'll work just fine like

TurnEventPlayer(0x07,Opening_event,1)

Opening_event:

blah

blah

blah

events

ENDA

AFEV 0x08 Enemies 0x07

Enemies:

ASMC Offset +1

ENDA

There's also this new one

^this particular routine wipes your gold amount, I made it for a part of my hack where you get robbed totallydidn'tstealtheideafromcrisiscoreoranythingnopenope

Edited by Brendor the Brave