Dragon's Fang inaccuracy?

Airship Canon

From GameFAQs...C2DLVjv.jpg

Dragon's Fang proc dealing 28 damage after a 16 damage prediction.

The site says +50% damage, this is +75%.

The poster also claims to have seen it deal more than even that.

And with a Skill*.75 activation rate, 50% more damage is... shoddy.

Perhaps it's 50% more... Attack?

Hmm...looking at the skill's japanese description (攻撃時、技*0.75%で発動。攻撃力の半分を与えるダメージに追加) It might be taking half your character's attack power and adding it as flat damage, piercing the enemy's DEF stat. Also, can someone check the ingame description for Lutz's Personal Skill? I think it might be mistranslated on the Personal Skill page.

Yes, it takes half of yout attack power (which should be attacking stat+weapon might, but for some reason the final attack power is sometimes higher or lower, idk why) and adds it onto the damage you're dealing. I suppose you can view it as...an extremely strong Luna?

Yes, it takes half of yout attack power (which should be attacking stat+weapon might, but for some reason the final attack power is sometimes higher or lower, idk why) and adds it onto the damage you're dealing. I suppose you can view it as...an extremely strong Luna?

So... fundamentally it does add 50% ATTACK not 50% Damage.

Damage = [Attack - DEF] + [Attack/2]

and

Damage = [Attack + [Attack/2]] - DEF

Are basically the same for most practical purposes.

So is it basically a Genealogy style critical hit, except with a 1.5x multiplier instead of the old 2x multiplier?

Depends on if it can stack with crit.

If it can't then yes.

If it can, then it's just a powerful proc... [and the way it's working... it kinda does justify the Skill *.75-- it's not as powerful as Aether, but better than Luna. ...Of course, so is Breaking Sky, and /THAT/ got a Skill*1.5...]

(Dragon's Fang/Breaking Sky on Kamui and Kanna? Yes, much.)

Whoops, I must've been editing too late at night.

Hmm...looking at the skill's japanese description (攻撃時、技*0.75%で発動。攻撃力の半分を与えるダメージに追加) It might be taking half your character's attack power and adding it as flat damage, piercing the enemy's DEF stat. Also, can someone check the ingame description for Lutz's Personal Skill? I think it might be mistranslated on the Personal Skill page.

Duh, it should be allies, not enemies. Lemme fix it...

Depends on if it can stack with crit.

If it can't then yes.

If it can, then it's just a powerful proc... [and the way it's working... it kinda does justify the Skill *.75-- it's not as powerful as Aether, but better than Luna. ...Of course, so is Breaking Sky, and /THAT/ got a Skill*1.5...]

(Dragon's Fang/Breaking Sky on Kamui and Kanna? Yes, much.)

Well I created a topic where we discuss the best skillsets. And I don´t have dragin fang on my avatar set for hoshido and 3rd route cause I think astra is still better. Also there is some crazy thing going (lethality is op as hell)

But I still thnk astra is the best option