Shin Patch Pseudo-Blind Run

Enaluxeme

Because The Title Has To Be Like This.

Hi everyone! This is going to be my first LP ever.
I thought about doing a video LP, maybe in my native language, but I figured out this is going to be just for fun, and I enjoy screenshot LPs more.
Let's see, I call this a "pseudo-blind run" because I played vanilla FE4 until the start of gen2 and I also tried some chapters of the Shin patch, until chapter 3 or something.
Also, I'll be using emoticons instead of mugs. Since not every character is there, I'll be using the most similar one.
I hope to be entertaining!

[spoiler=Starting out]RLcyfRR.png
Alright, here we go, Shin.

M9y4MuO.png
PROLOGUE! WORDS! NARRATION!
The idea to show all this in a LP doesn't excite me, so I'm going to skip that.
Long story short: Grandbell is at war with Isaac and there are few soldiers left, but that's not a problem since every other adjoining country is an ally.
Except actually they aren't, since Verdane attacks Jungby.

Zq8wYJy.png
... We? You are the only one there, Midir.
Nsynsav.gifPlease save yourself. I want as many of you to get out of this alive as possible!
5CWPgKE.gif None of us are going anywhere, my lady. We're here for you till the very end. Even if it means our lives.
Nsynsav.gifOh... Thank you, Midir. I'm so sorry to put you through all this.

0UKmejz.png
ilXMBLG.gifNoish, I'm going to go and see if I can do something. You're in charge while I'm gone.
yD6LX39.gif Sir... You're not planning on going alone, are you!?

Yeah Ziguldo-Sama, you can't ORKO the prologue guys anymore. Also, the lack of Sigurd in the emoticons is disappointing.

ilXMBLG.gifGrandbell's military is already en route to Isaac. There really is no one left to call on. Verdane's army may be full of barbarians, but it's huge. There are bound to be casualties. I can't get you involved.

I think fighting the invaders is exactly the reason why they should be involved.

yD6LX39.gif Excuse me, sir!? We were born into the knighthood and are prepared to die fighting! We'd be a disgrace to let our master perish out there all alone. We're going with you. Alec, you're with me on this, aren't you?

wTqvvO7.png
nckzEEu.gifThose barbarians'll loot the place, kill everybody in sight, then burn it all to the ground. We've got to beat them there and get the villages to strengthen their defenses.

And not a single emoticon has a turbant. Even Nergal is shown without it.
What else can I use?

:itsame:

Tempting, but no.

ilXMBLG.gifPoint well taken, Alec. We mustn't overlook our duty as knights to protect the people.
nckzEEu.gifActually, Oifey takes credit for that one. I tell ya, that kids a strategist in the making. Takes right after that famous grandfather of his, Lord Sesar.

Who? All we know about him is that he probably has minor Baldur blood.

DjEkRtR.png
:Carlyle:I don't want to just sit back and watch the castle, sir.
ilXMBLG.gifI don't know, Oifey... You're still pretty young. You think you'll be okay out there?
:Carlyle:I'm already 14, sir. I know I'm not ready to fight yet, but I can still help out. Please... let me go with you.

Just wait 'till you grow a mustache.

ilXMBLG.gifWell, it has been a good two years since you began training for your knighthood under me. You're probably ready for some battlefield action. But no fighting... Not just yet anyway. Why don't you come along as my personal advisor?
:Carlyle: You bet! Thanks, sir!
yD6LX39.gif Sir, have you considered leaving someone behind to defend the castle? It would be too risky not to. We would be finished if we lost our base here to the enemy.

Noish gives bad advices.

igjgU2S.png
nckzEEu.gifBecause you're strong, reliable... and slow! You're the one, hands down! Hahahaa!

Alec is a bully

:Murdock:Hrmph. I can live with the strong and reliable part, but leave the slow bit out of it, ok?
ilXMBLG.gifArden, can we count on you? You're the only who can aptly handle the castle's defense.
:Murdock:Alright, I'll do it. But you gotta promise to take me to battle with you sometimes.
ilXMBLG.gifWill do. Alright, let's make our way to the villages, and then we're off to Jungby!

yJfJJ9F.png
Finally, we can start.
Let's take a look at our characters, shall we?

54iVNAw.png1w821j3.png
HP Str Mag Skl Spd Luk Def Res
110% 50% 5% 50% 30% 40% 40% 5%
Sigurd is pretty much the same. His starting stats have been tweaked a bit and he has A in lances. Otherwise, no changes.

R0EG4e6.pnghF7bFYV.png
80% 40% 5% 35% 25% 25% 40% 5%
Noish has better stats, but also better growths and continue/adept

REIRDu3.pngjZjb5bJ.png
70% 30% 20% 40% 30% 30% 30% 20%
Alec gets better starting stats, magical prowess and drakness sword, wich can boost both his offense and defense. He also starts with a better weapon, especially since there are some armored axe users in this chapter.

bRhrwPG.pngfpcLxKT.png
90% 50% 5% 20% 20% 10% 60% 5%
Ardan has been heavily changed. He has a different, better class, better stats and sol. Basically, he doesn't suck anymore.
The only downside is that he still looks like Frankenstein's monster.

vfxQLgK.png
We begin! That forest tile is just asking Ardan to try his bow, which he does.

nN8NS3Z.png
Alec weakens that axe guy and Noish tries to finish him, but he doesn't proc neither critical nor adept.

udgFA7t.png
We'll let axe guy choose who's gonna kill him.

1JAOySI.png
More chatting.

TLJxbvy.gif Ya held out pretty well for bein' on yer own. But I've gotcha now. Die!

Also Gandolf breaks the rules and procs a skill he doesn't have, killing Midir. Also I have no idea who should lend his face to Gandolf.

5CWPgKE.gif Grr... Lady Aideen... Forgive me!

Fsb6liF.png

TLJxbvy.gif Dimaggio, you and Gerrard are in charge.

SzD5V0z.png
TLJxbvy.gifHell, we may even press on to Barhara. There'd be no one to stop us if we did! Make yerselves at home here, boys. Anything goes!

Just be patient, Sigurd will show you how wrong you are...

:Tirado: Heh... you can count on us for that.

T54VJjI.png
Gandolf takes Aideen away with him. I'm sure he is a gentleman and he only has the best intentions in mind.

g8a2B7W.png

xm6XL6V.png

Sorry.
ISLlCa9.png
TLJxbvy.gif She's my booty! I'm takin' her back to be my wife. She's a keeper, wouldn't ya say?
:Gonzales: Yeah, she's makin' my mouth water.
TLJxbvy.gif You wipe that grin off your face! You'll get your needs met once Grandbell is ours.

jyfVzKR.png
TLJxbvy.gif What're you mumblin' about!? We're goin'! No fallin' behind this time!

Yup, the best intentions.

vpPqkHx.png
Enemy's turn.

2b02Sry.png
Axe guy chose Alec.

UXY0EPm.png
Hey, look! It's mounted Hector and little red mage!

7YL141G.gif He'll sure be happy to see us. You just can't stay out of these things, can you, Azel...

Sadly, Hector's emoticon is taken already.

l3qdTZ0.gifYeah, but with the military on engagement to Isaac, Grandbell is completely strapped! Sigurd and the few soldiers left in Chalphy are out here fighting for their lives! I can't just leave them hanging...

Azel's our boy... I guess?

7YL141G.gif Oh really... I'm not quite buying your story, Azel. What aren't you telling me?
l3qdTZ0.gif Wh...what are you talking about!?
7YL141G.gif I'd surmise that you're all worked up about Lady Adean of Jungby. I know you like her.
l3qdTZ0.gif Y...you're nuts!
7YL141G.gif A-ha! Face is getting red there, buddy! You little player you.
l3qdTZ0.gif Lex, knock it off! Now come on, let's get going.
7YL141G.gif Hahahaa... Alright, let's do this. Finally, a chance to kick some ass.

And many asses we shall kick today.
But first, let me take a selfie let's see the new characters.

IDg7BVQ.pngigyQkes.png
50% 20% 40% 25% 50% 20% 20% 10%
Azel gets Adept and slightly better stats. The better strenght growth may benefit him by acting as con if he reachs a multiple of 5, but mostly it will be useful for his childrens. Raquesis x Azel is considered good in vanilla, it should be amazing here, I suppose.

tvfoeQg.pngmIfdF1h.png
70% 40% 5% 25% 20% 25% 50% 5%
Lex is virtually the same. He is just faster since axes do not weight as much as they used to and thanks to the con system.
Time to kick asses!

sxFAZmk.png
Azel fails to hit the enemy twice, despite activating adept. We get off to a bad start.

x11klgQ.png
Lex can't finish him. Oh well.

VTd9KWE.png
Yup, we knew already. To be fair, that's the first time this is a thing.

S7k2QOI.png
Back at Chalphy, Ardan continues to use the enemy as dartboard.

eG1SCxZ.png
Alec and Noish attack in duo again.

RjDz3La.png
This time, Noish procs adept.

nJu3WvR.png
Sigurd waits on a forest tile.

BDP4g9I.png
He gets attacked and counters, but he fails to kill the enemy.

95mh4Oe.png
Even more chatting on player's turn. Let's skip over the fact that Ethlin is wrong since Azel is here.

JZCZo8M.gifI'm sure I can put my Live Staff to some use around here. I'm sorry to pull you into this, Cuan. I know I'm no longer a Chalphy, but I can't just sit back and do nothing. On my brother's behalf, thank you so much for coming.
vWB1uSp.gif You don't need to thank me, Ethlin. You know Sigurd and I go way back. Not to mention that he's my brother-in-law now. Besides, I can't have you fighting alone.
JZCZo8M.gif I sure appreciate it, dear.

jphpnLk.png
How pragmatic of you, Fin.
Let's see the new guys and lady.

0GpuHK4.pngyv3jToI.png
110% 50% 5% 30% 40% 10% 50% 5%
Cuan gets some slight nerfs in stats, but he gets critical.

MDyAuEh.png9AuexyE.png
70% 30% 5% 40% 30% 50% 30% 5%
Fin gets better bases. That's all.

iHlGyq0.png3uUwTiR.png
60% 30% 5% 30% 30% 20% 20% 10%
Ethlin has better bases and adept.
Seems like all three of them aren't very different from vanilla.

hgwcbS1.png
Cuan starts his career by murdering a guy.

39G0WEd.png
vWB1uSp.gif We heard about your skirmish with Verdane. We're here to fight.
ilXMBLG.gif How about Lenster? Don't you have Thracia to keep an eye on?
vWB1uSp.gif We do. That's why I only brought Fin. My father took command of the Lance Ritter.
ilXMBLG.gifI see... Geez, sorry to drag you in to all of this, Cuan.
vWB1uSp.gif Sigurd! Did you already forget about our pact?
ilXMBLG.gifHuh?
vWB1uSp.gif Remember the academy? We all met at the military academy back in Barhara. It was the three of us. You, me, and Eltshan. We were talking late that one night. And we took a vow to help each other out if one of us was ever in a bind.
ilXMBLG.gifThat's right. No... I haven't forgotten.
:Orson: Ok, then. Let's get to work and rid yourself of this little nuisance. Don't forget, Sigurd. I'm always here for you. Especially in times like these.

Cuan is a real bro :cry:

AiD1eld.png
Sigurd can attack with the lance and swich to swords later. Thanks, canto.

4ZQsrrY.png
Alec keeps weakening guys for Noish.

hYpbdvW.png
Support bonus, yay! Noish claims the village's gold.

vB9dPhB.png
Lex kills the enemy his partner couldn't weaken enough. Azel should take lessons from Alec.

EUncP5l.png
Still not enough to level-up.

Well, it seems like that's all for now. I would go on at least until Jungby is conquered, but the forum won't let me upload more images.
Please let me know how I've been, and make suggestions for pairings!

Edited by Enaluxeme

Going on, maybe I'll finish chapter 1 (yeah, right...)

[spoiler=Murder of May]
f7bjVgY.png
On enemy's phase hunter guy reminds us he's worthless.

JKmyirf.png
Alec can't kill the armor guys even with an effective weapon. He insists on feeding kills to Noish.

fyDwtyS.png
Ethlin makes herself useful and heals Alec.

30lE2KB.png
Noish gets the first level up from that kill:
HP - SPD
Meh, could have been worse.

lYAnxBR.png
Ardan is tired of using his bow.

VeadvuG.png
The lance-pals can kill of these guys without fear of repercussions.

ESYr09o.png
In the meantime, Sigurd can go on not-ORKO another guy.

ndjQZc7.png
Azel waits on a tree hoping for the best; ♪♫
while Lex makes a run for the village in the west. ♩♬

22zgEXl.png
That went ok. More exp!

RNuQ6q4.png
Fin inexplicably avoids an axe. He doesn't even have the speed ring yet.

mo7vi20.png
I want to feed some kills to Alec this time, but Noish wants the kills all for himself, the stingy.

gbN5pSV.png
Ardan can proc supports too! I won't complain, but I don't think he and Alec are good pals...

66h8frY.png
Ethlin heals Noish and Fin gets his first level-up:
HP
Seriously, Fin?

fFLTTu3.png
That knight was smart enough to surround himself with road tiles. He still can't hit Sigurt though.

hzAuU3P.png
Cuan procs nothing, but that's not a problem since hunter guy is worthless anyway.

8Oxh01e.png
Azel attacks the unarmored opponent, because more hit rate. Level-up:
MDF
Oh come on, guys.

69TZCyT.png
His pal starts his struggle to save the village. It's a pain without pursuit or any other offensive skill.

Ec0Bc8X.png
He gets a level from it:
HP - SPD
This is only decent because of that 20% speed growth.

CVPZKlo.png
Chatting!

JZCZo8M.gif I was so worried when I heard about Verdane's invasion. I'm just glad you're okay.
:Hector: You didn't think I'd lose to Verdane, did you?
JZCZo8M.gifYeah, but I heard you only had a few soldiers in Chalphy. And I know you, Sigurd. You are always jumping into this kind of stuff without thinking. Especially with Father being away... I knew I had to come.
:Hector: Heh heh... you've always had your head on straight, haven't you... You know you did a great job filling mum's shoes after she passed away. When you married into Lenster's royal family, I swore we had a lady on our hands. But you're still the same old Ethlin. Poor Cuan! Hahaha!

Sigurd, that's mean.

JZCZo8M.gifSigurd! If I'm a nag, it's because of you and dad! If both of you weren't such slobs!
:Hector: ...Yeah, you might have us there. But we still appreciate everything you've done. Ethlin, I'm sorry you had to come all this way. I can't thank you enough.
JZCZo8M.gifSigurd...

hmSL77m.png
Back to the bow, Ardan levels up:
HP - STR - DEF - MDF
That's more like it. That 5% resistance growth is lovely.

uJofH0x.png
This is taking too much time.

ewyiFuz.png
Sigurd is the first arriving at Jungby. I started saving every time I do something and take a screenshot. Basically I'm using savestates so that I can't abuse savestates, if that makes sense.

7Kt3cuY.png
Cuan finishes off the opponent and gets a level-up:
HP - STR - MAG - DEF
He won't need that magic point, but I'm not complaining.

8pZLkyb.png
Azel takes an axe to the face, but that's not a problem at all.

noMBUfm.png
FINALLY. Level-up:
HP - STR
This is sad.

kGHbuS0.png
WAT.

LwyNk6H.png
Cuan murders another guy and goes toward the village. Meanwhile, Alec uses his effective weapon.

nMNZLuG.png
He procs darkness sword and finally kills someone, getting his first level-up:
HP - MAG
Another 2 stats level-up, uh?
Anyway, I guess Alec will want a magic sword later on.

fe6UIhj.png
Noish is mad at Alec for taking the spotlight, but he fails at killing the opponent even with the support critical.

1w6Dv5R.png
Damn, Ethlin can't reach Noish. She can't even attack somebody.

jrbDNEZ.pngDJsw4Hh.png
Problem solved O_o

x7F5W0H.png
Ardan pokes the boss. Gotta love that bow.

etr20UI.png
Sigurd was hit with 5% chance, but Cuan doesn't avoid. Maybe balance is restored in the universe.

N2ncOBC.png
Ethlin takes her first life and her first level-up:
HP
Oh goddammit.

XCW8soi.png
Go, Azel!

zzuJ43x.png
Damn you, Azel!

4YYogZb.png
After some healing, Cuan is ready to screw the odds.

GdhLGzI.png
This things happen when there's no true hit system.

JJKHEtL.png
Fin-ished.

Sorry.

BmNsBtT.png
Ardan weakens the remaining guy, one of his pals wil end him later.

Q0SrWpJ.png
Noish wants the spotlight again, but he procs nothing.

F9zkTdS.png
DiMaggio is now alone.

2CrUvvJ.png
Sigurd hasn't killed anyone yet.

rtdskt5.png
Ok, DiMaggio just sucks. This shouldn't be surprising, since he couldn't even kill Midir and his boss had to do it.

YIfH5EX.png
Fin earns his speed ring and level:
STR
I'm hating you, Fin.

Aec519y.png
Luckily, Azel avoids the axe-boomerang.

rp17sWh.png
Everyone, get in line, please. Alec goes first.

mLpJmDv.png
Then Noish.

ejFTgpN.png
Ardan.

g4PtqBM.png
And Sigurd claims his first victim, getting a level-up in the process:

HP

you-were-the-chosen-one.jpg

QKZMKfu.png
:Hector: Hey, isn't that Midir!? Come on, Midir... pull it together!

SbPfwWM.png
:Sue: I don't know. Gandolf was here though...
:Hector: Is that right... Well, don't worry. I'll get her back. Give yourself some time to heal up.
:Sue: No, Sigurd. I must join you. I can't begin to tell you how worried I am about her!

I'm not sure if he actually wanted you to join. It's rude to invite yourself, Midir.
Anyway, let's see how you changed, maybe you don't suck anymore.

jRb1Osd.pngrTGXjpv.png
60% 30% 5% 40% 40% 10% 30% 10%

Much better bases, and critical will be fantastic with that higher skill growth.

Albeit useful, that longbow won't make enough damage. Got to switch some bows...

And that's all for now. See you later!

Edited by Enaluxeme

Oooookay, this time, I'll really finish chapter 1

[spoiler=DiMaggio blew it]

mSummDd.png

:Gonzales: Damn it all! Go put th' bridge back up over Jun River. Let's get it right this time!

Stupid Gerrard. He had one chance to fully stop Grandbell and he wasted it. We don't have a thief yet!

W4iROZu.pngJRyBVte.png

Turns out Arvis was Renzi all along.

...I hope as few of you as possible get this joke.

eFjVVqI.png

Azel claims his reward.

ld0fpxd.png

He doesn't get killed and levels-up instead:

HP - SKL - SPD - MDF

That's more like it.

xkdOiOx.png

He gets some much needed healing. Out of the danger zone!

6fXih1L.png

Lex misses, but Midir takes his place.

Q1XxgJ7.png

Not enough though.

7FQBDeU.png

In the enemy's turn, someone attack Cuan, who gets a level-up:

HP - STR

Meh.

yLAim9j.png

This one suicides himself instead of attacking virtually anyone else ._.

Ialq2CD.png

:Arvis:His Majesty was worried, so he sent me to assess the state of the conflict. He also sent this with me. It's for you.

:Hector: Whoa... a silver sword! He wanted me to have this? What an honour! Lord Alvis, please express my sincerest gratitude to His Majesty.

:Arvis: Will do. By the way, I heard my brother Azel has joined your army.

ilXMBLG.gif Yeah... sorry. It sounds like he came behind your back. I couldn't just turn him away. If at all possible I'd like him to stay with us for a bit longer.

:Arvis: Well, keep him safe. Azel's my only brother. We may have different mothers, but he still means the world to me. I wish he and I got along better, but that's the way these things go. Sigurd, I'm leaving him with you in good faith. Show him the ropes, okay?

ilXMBLG.gif I'll do that. I'll see if I can get him to return home once we finish up here.

:Arvis: I appreciate it. Well, I need to get back to Barhara to watch over His Majesty. Don't let me down, Sigurd.

And Alvis is the first character to represent himself!

MOUM18G.png

After a healing, Can kicks another butt.

I9Wx3Ft.png

Sigurd weakens a guy Fin will kill later.

KAyxOqQ.png

Lex tries to do the same but misses again...

yBw7dxO.png

His little red friend activates adept and ORKO an enemy.

D7MyNa4.png

Fin takes that kill from before and Alec follows. Level-up:

HP - DEF

You are all disappointing.

j2So83X.png

Noish gets a support critical, but he can't kill the guy since Lex didn't weaken him. Midir takes the kill instead.

fS9bI1E.png

...The hell did I record?

Noish stoically takes a critical boomerang.

RfwG89p.png

Yes Alec, get the support bonus now, it will be really helpful.

LRy1b4G.png

At least that did make sense, Noish.

Ardan pokes the enemy and Noish ends him with a support critical, getting a level-up:

HP - SPD - DEF

That's a good level-up.

obhmnG3.pngzkFvJGt.pngRfbqhrF.pngefcjnrx.png

Note to self: take the screenshot before the savestate.

EYatiZq.png

The opponent phase goes without a problem, then Azel snipes an enemy and levels-up:

SKL - MAG - LCK

Seems like we are on a roll, good.

JSpIqBl.pnghXlnVI3.pngL3IS3Us.png

All three of Sigurd's retainers are needed to kill that one man, but at least Ardan gets a level:

HP - STR - DEF

Typical.

8ehQLIq.png

Time to level-up for Midir too:

HP - SPD - DEF

I expected worse. Good.

ZZcHI1H.png

Cuan's turn:

HP - SPD

C-C-C-Combo breaker!

... Why, Cuan?

QuQTRWj.pngmtfMYmV.png

Sigurd and Fin weaken the last two axe guys...

AgvZj95.pngqggxbZx.png

... so that Lex and Ethlin can kill them. She also gets a level-up:

HP - DEF

Okayish for her...

Y8UIy9K.png

At least she will always be useful for healing.

Time to charge!

JXeEPQm.png

You really couldn't come up with a better line?

Anyway, Gerrard kills himself by attacking Sigurd in the next turn.

eIP0UOS.png

GmzC7dK.png

Sigurd gets a level too:

HP - STR

Goddammit Sigurd.

tXXEEOK.png

I grind another level-up for Ethlin before seizing the castle:

No. Comment.

nOcOzmC.png

:Carlyle: Verdane must have taken her away before we arrived. I hope she's alright.

ilXMBLG.gif Grr! I'm hunting those bastards down! We're getting her back!

Then an old guy arrives, with an escort that's probably weaker than he is.

:Carlyle:Sir, an envoy of His Majesty has just arrived from Barhara.

VxGLWtO.png

:Athos:His Majesty is exceedingly pleased and has ordained you a Holy Knight of the Kingdom.

ilXMBLG.gif I hardly deserve such a great honour! I pledge my allegiance to His Majesty.

That's all? No need for soem kind of ceremony?

:Athos: We gravely need your help in protecting these castles. You will be duly compensated. Of course the sum will go down if the castles incur any damages. Please continue to be vigilant in the ensuing battle.

And with that, chapter 1 is finally finished!

... What?

... Oh.

That wasn't chapter 1, that was still the prologue.

This is going to be a looooong LP...

That's all? No need for soem kind of ceremony?

I always thought that this was strange as well. You have a ceremony when you become a knight so you should have one too when you become a Holy Knight. Especially when you consider how rare that title is. There are tons of Knights in a kingdom but, as far as I know, only a few Holy Knights.

The ceremony was probably off-screen.

Every character is now perfectly viable and every pair is at least usable.

Thus, I decided to choose the pairings based on conversations and avoiding the pairs where the parents share classes with their childrens, since those turn out pretty good in vanilla and most people probably tried them.

The possible pairings are the following:

Aideen: Jamka - Azel - Claude - Fin

Ayra: Lex - Ardan - Fin

Raquesis: Noish - Dew - Fin

Sylvia: Alec - Levin

Fury: Ardan - Noish

Taylto: Claude - Lex - Levin

Briggid: Midir - Jamka - Alec

Claude will be paired with Tskcbaidjdbctu without a dubt because I'll need the Valkyrie staff.

I think I'll be using polls for every other pair.

Starting actual chapter 1

[spoiler=About rescuing a nun]

sl3efU5.png

It's kinda risky to only leave one guy on watch, but giving him a helmet that covers his eyes is completely insane.

GOfngH1.png

77R4BMX.gif You're not formally attacking Verdane, are you?

ilXMBLG.gif Eltshan, thanks for coming! Verdane has taken Lady Aideen of Jungby hostage. And they showed no signs of releasing her, so I was forced to take up arms.

77R4BMX.gif So that's what's going on... I wouldn't leave this castle unattended if I were you. There's no telling what the lords of Agustria may do... I'll watch your back, Sigurd.

ilXMBLG.gif I sure appreciate it, Eltshan. Let's you and I meet up when this is all over. We'll find a cozy little spot, have a little wine... just like old times.

77R4BMX.gif That sounds nice. May you be victorious, Sigurd!

Meanwhile, thousands of miles away...

y29GKAD.png

:Jaffar: You pull any stunts and that lit'le brat's history!

gkcGwRw.png

Judging from his hairstyle, little Shanan watched too much Grease. But then again, that's something the entire cast has in common.

:Lakche: Alright, Kinbois. You've got my word, so just keep your hands off of him. I just wonder if I can really trust you to return him to me...

:Jaffar: Heh... Look, he's all yours once weve gotten Evans Castle back.

:Lakche: You better not double-cross me, Kinbois. Because I'll hunt you down... and put your head on a stick! Even if it takes me to the ends of hell! Got it!?

:Jaffar: Whoa-woa!! Fer such a pretty face, you sure can spew some filth! Just relax. I've no plans of making an enemy with someone of your swordsmanship.

:Lakche: Shanan, stay strong. It'll only be for a little while.

:Sedgar: Aira, forget it!

I lack a better alternative to Sedgar, ok?

OJklBxw.png

vWB1uSp.gif I appreciate it.

ilXMBLG.gif Of course, I am still only an apprentice. I doubt I'll be of much help to you.

Fin never talks to Sigurd, so sharing emoticon is ok.

vWB1uSp.gif Yeah? Then let's use this opportunity to teach you a bit about the art of war. Here, Fin. Take this lance.

ilXMBLG.gif Thank you very much, Your Highness!

Cuan is lying and doesn't actually give Fin a lance. He bosts his STR, SKL and DEF by one point each though.

Anyway, these are the stats of our characters after mass arena abuse the first turn:

ygadq4S.png54PoZ5J.pngbmiSF3h.pngLMNHvxP.pngnPrY3tj.pngtAM3tFe.pngm41lVGI.pnga5TL1bH.pngbbIT7SZ.pnggoAbU9A.png

Sigurd (2 LV):

2 HP - 2 SKL - 1 SPD - 1 DEF

Noish (2 LV):

1 HP - 1 SKL - 1 STR - 1 LCK - 1 DEF

Alec (3 LV):

1 HP - 1 SPD - 1 MAG - 1 LCK - 1 DEF - 2 MDF

Ardan (3 LV):

2 HP - 2 STR - 1 SPD - 1 MAG - 3 DEF

I was surprised by those speed and magic too.

Fin (3 LV):

3 HP - 2 STR - 1 SPD - 2 LCK

Cuan (2 LV):

2 HP - 1 SPD - 1 DEF

Midir (3 LV):

2 HP - 1 STR - 2 SPD - 1 DEF - 1 MDF

Azel (3 LV):

3 HP - 2 SKL - 2 MAG

Lex (2 LV):

1 HP - 1 SKL - 1 LCK - 2 DEF

He couldn't beat the first swordfighter :/

Ethlin (2 LV):

2 HP - 1 SPD - 1 LCK - 1 DEF

I noticed Fin is already better than Cuan, barring WTA/D.

9kTrZLH.png

I wonder how old Dew is?

GoSuEws.gifGandolf is going to find you guys. Now move it!

Ok, I swear I'm not going random for the emoticons.

Nsynsav.gif Prince Jamka, you're not joining us?

GoSuEws.gif No. I can't go against my father... even with all the mayhem my brothers are causing. I'm going to Verdane to see my father. I have to get him to see the wrong in all this.

Nsynsav.gif Yes, indeed. This war has gone on long enough. Prince Jamka, you're our only hope. Do your best to persuade the king to end this war.

7yb6ur2.png

:Fergus: It's gettin' too hairy 'round here. Gandolf'll rip out my tongue next time they find me!

Wouldn't it make more sense to cut his hands, or something?

GoSuEws.gif Dew, you were just asking to get locked up, you little thief. You're just lucky Aideen pleaded for your release. No more stealing, am I correct?

:Fergus: Look, I promised Aideen, too. I'm finished with the thievin' business, OK?

Yeah, right...

GoSuEws.gif I'll take your word, Dew. Now you two get going!

GoSuEws.gif Aideen... I hope we meet again.

EBp7fKH.png

TLJxbvy.gif You bring the woman an' that litlle thief back here. If they resist ya, do 'em in.

ab2CrnY.png

Fin is the first to engage the enemy, but he can't kill that first guy even with Cuan's help.

hh1xDdJ.png

Defensive formation!

UdQ82PX.pngcHtUuCC.png

As for Dew and Aideen, that Captain worries me too much, so I decide not to save the village yet.

Dew is still in the range of two axemen though. (Yes, I finish my sentences with "though" a bit too much. It's a condition, what do you want from me!?)

xhGe3K0.png

Jza51uT.png

Fin avoids most of the arrows and boomerangs and gets a level-up:

HP - LCK

t1V8NiR.pngGbgAhpH.pngPXqvmTD.pngeH9r6xE.pngOb6l1Bj.pngbYA1e3K.png5dT5Inh.pngISOpAed.png

The clash is a mayem, but it goes pretty well. Strangely, Kinbois is faster than Sigurd.

Fin is healed, Lex gets to kill the boss and earns a new toy, and some units level-up:

Midir:

SPD - DEF

Alec:

HP - SKL - MAG

Cuan:

HP - SKL - STR - SPD - DEF

I noticed Fin is already better than Cuan, barring WTA/D.

:blink:

Lex:

HP - MDF

CeMDBbM.png

The plan for Dew is still to run away making sure that someone can attack him.

tMNYHFw.png

During opponent's phase, Ethlin levels-up:

HP - STR - LCK

So you can have a good level-up, uh?

9Bc0xuv.png

A mook kills himself by attacking Midir. He could have attacked someone else or get closer to him before attacking, I really don't understand.

GAU587f.png

In the next turn, Dew can reach a forest, now nobody can touch him.

mlLis2H.png

All of Kinbois's men are now dead.

COthoBT.pngcb4lewK.png

Noish and Cuan take good care of that thief too, but Sigurd leaves him for a unit with less gold. He also badly needs a treatment from Aideen.

jeNJjYd.png

Aw, c'mon!

DUrSjuH.png

At least he gets a level in the next turn:

HP - SKL - SPD

gcegcPt.png

Oh. So thieves get canto in this patch? Neat.

7cwImP4.png

Aideen heals for the first time

rKfGbFi.png

With the killer boomerang, this gold and the hero axe he'll get in this chapter, Lex is pretty much set for the entire game.

WLYt6gi.png

Midir does not talk to Aideen. Azel will get those love points.

vif5bs4.png

After getting a kill, Sigurd talks to Aideen, meaning that she's officially rescued.

CzlzzDa.png

She hoped to be cast for Naruto too, but with no luck.

Nsynsav.gif Oh, I'm terribly sorry to bring all of you from Chalphy into this.

ilXMBLG.gif No worries there. Everyone will just be glad to know that you're alright. We have things under control here, Adean. Why don't you head on back to Grandbell?

Nsynsav.gif No, I'm staying. Theres bound to be more injuries further along. I want to help others in the service of the Lord.

ilXMBLG.gif Adean... Didn't you leave the knighthood to become a nun? I think it suits you perfectly. I'd do well to learn a thing or two from you myself.

Nsynsav.gif Actually, the sole reason I joined the nunnery is... Well, it's to aid the chances of finding my sister.

I think traveling around would aid your chances to find your sister. You know? Asking people if they saw a woman that's exactly like you and such.

ilXMBLG.gif You must mean Briggid. She's been missing since your childhood, hasn't she... You still believe you can find her, do you?

Nsynsav.gif That's correct. And when I do, I must give the Holy Bow Ichival to her!

That's all for now!

Since everyone wanted Dew for Raquesis, there is no need to keep that question. Instead, choose a husband for Briggid!

Edited by Enaluxeme

Update!
[spoiler=meeting Aira and some other friends]Ok, first things first: I completely forgot about showing Dew and Aideen's sheets, so let's fix that.

4Hf2a8M.pngDtVxZdc.png
50% 40% 10% 40% 40% 40% 40% 10%

Dew has the same growths, but better starting stats. He also has the super-useful holy sword (basically aether or sol 2.0) and strangely a C in bows. I guess this will benefit Patty, since she will have B in bows from her blood (A after promotion?).

2TKGtNs.pngdzPdP3b.png
70% 20% 30% 20% 30% 60% 20% 5%

Aideen is the same, but since everyone of her potential lovers is now better, her children will be ok.

wdCBc3g.png
Aideen heals Ethlin, she'll talk to her later.

Ok6GwkL.pngNifieEW.png0YoEQlA.pngKj9hedk.pnggzCqO93.png

Operation "attack and retreat" goes without any problems. End of the turn.

N1KcDTl.png

:Ewan: Don't let them near the castle!!

Double exclamation mark, for emphasis.

UHn6NCI.png

Chatting time!

l3qdTZ0.gif Yeah, when I heard that you had been kidnapped, I couldn't concentrate on anything! I came as fast as I could.

:Natasha: Your brother is Lord Alvis, isn't he? Did you get his permission before coming?

l3qdTZ0.gif Nope... And he's not going to be happy with me either.

:Natasha: Then why did you do such a silly thing? Besides, I thought you hated fighting.

l3qdTZ0.gifWell, I, uh...

:Natasha: What's that, Azel?

l3qdTZ0.gif Er... nevermind.

7CInwvp.png

Ardan will take care of those armor knights, and he can tank Aira pretty well too.

65iWXBM.png

Dew can probably avoid both axe swings, but he gets a heal just in case.

rjlfSo2.png

Sigurd just doesn't bother killing anyone that isn't a boss. Level-up:

HP - SPD

Not great, but he needed some speed.

mLD7OpC.pngy8SxbLX.pngYVyG5bl.png

With every enemy weakened, there are many easy kills. Midir and Fin also get a level-up each:

Midir:
HP

Midir, I thought you didn't suck anymore...

Fin:
SKL - STR - LCK

Z9jy9j9.png

Fin attacks a full-health guy and takes a hit in the process, but Aideen heals him immediately afterwards.

Z9jy9j9.png

Alec attacks another full-heal guy and he too gets a hit in the process, which was unexpected. Unlike his colleague, he kills the axe-man, by activating darkness sword.

iEDtuDt.png

The original plan for Cuan was to kill the enemy you can see here and protect Aideen. Instead, he kills the other one (the one Fin weakened) and protects Alec. Level-up:

HP - SPD

Meh.

oHj3BJh.png

And indeed...

06BlG4j.png

Azel gets attacked too. He doesn't care about being on a street tile and avoids anyway. He also gets a level-up:

HP - SPD

Considering he didn't get a single point of speed in three levels, I'm ok with this.

iIzApgA.png

Pfff, laughable. Level-up:
HP - STR - LCK

ZEfbzr4.png

I remembered I need Sigurd to conquer Genoa...

zueC3kT.png

Aideen heals Alec. She will have to wait though, as Ethlin healed Sigurd already.

3tpxlFl.png

Going to meet these friendly-looking guys.

EmR1nKT.png34CcvRv.png

They are so friendly they give Ethlin and Noish some levels as present:

Ethlin:
HP - SKL

Noish:
HP - SPD - DEF

Uj02LkK.png

Yeah, no... That's not going to happen.

E0Tqe3m.png

Since Aira takes a hit from Ardan while standing on a forest, he changes weapon and uses the axe instead. The armor knights are just worthless.

weTPqSd.png

In the meantime, Fin kills a mook and his boss tries to do the same.

Y8uVadd.png

Gotta love critical and continue.

Cy76MUS.png

No skill, but at least the guy gets weakened.

PaP5vlX.png

Now Lex has a ranged option too! Level-up:

HP - DEF

Weak.

6CNvgTl.png

Aideen heals Ethlin and she gets a level-up too:

HP - SKL - LCK

eE6KzJ1.png

Midir somehow misses two 95% chance hits :facepalm:

Alec finishes the job instead.

IywezzN.png

Sigurd gets close to Ardan in order to give him some lead bonus.

aqzOX5M.png

He still can't hit the mid-boss.

MmJorbT.png

Midir attacks the bandit and destroys him with a critical hit. I just don't understand if he's a good or a bad unit. He's probably just effing with me.

CbrfHUY.png

Chatting between women.

:Natasha: Thank you so much. I'm ever so grateful. Here, please have this staff. I'm sure you'll get more use out of it than I.

:Marisa: This a Return Staff, isn't it? Thank you, Adean! I'll put it to good use.

Ethlin gets a Weak Warp Staff and 500 love points.

ifk2Pvt.png

Dew gives some spare change to Aideen and Ethlin will later save the village, ensuring that both healers won't have financial problems.

Nothing happens during opponent's turn. Even Aira stays put.

NHJp8Pg.png

Ardan hits the unnamed boss this time.

So far, the pairings I'm going to use are the following:

Aideen X Azel
Lester will get more strenght than he would in vanilla and adept. Lana will simply be wonderful.

Aira X Ardan
I never would have guessed this. With ambush, sol and great shield the twins will be unkillable.

Raquesis X Dew
Dew has more magic than other physical fathers (except Alec) and Raquesis has more magic too. Both Delmug and Nanna will be powerful with magic swords. They will be the only ones to lack pursuit, but the pursuit ring exists for a reason, right?

Fury X Noish
Fee wil be very well balanced. Ced won't have good magic but he will have a great skillset and his strenght will increase his combat speed even more, granting the activation of something every turn.

Tiltyu X Claude
Well, both kids will have good magic and pursuit. Nothing much to say, but Valkyrie will be useful.

Sylvia and Briggid are still pending!

I had to restart the poll as it seems like it didn't work well. That's because there were too many questions.

Edited by Enaluxeme

Going on...

[spoiler=love at first sight]CV37zgs.png
I should have showed you guys this in the other post, but I somehow didn't upload it with the others and was too lazy to do it later 1jxj77.gif
Anyway...

MFnBNkB.png
Back at Marpha, Lex enjoys to crit.

slrWEMq.png
Midir can finish the job...
But misses. He must really enjoy f***ing with me.

MitbsKN.png
Fin has to use a javelin close range for that 1 more damage compared to the iron lance.

PEDG7ow.png
Cuan finally puts an end to that fighter.

KRUAYxY.png
And Alec attack from the safety of a forest tile, gaining a level:
HP - SKL
He must be against the concept of gaining strenght.

qTAdCIz.png
Enemies have a thing for attacking characters who can counter them. I guess they are just very polite? Level-up:
HP - SKL - LCK
Decent.

sGm35gt.pngQITNFUa.pngh1Zvc2b.png
Some more fighting, also Midir gets a level-up:
HP - SKL - STR - MDF
He is against my sanity.

iE4IDZE.png
I like adept on Azel.

JxhxLqH.png
Alec isn't strong enough to kill even with a crit.

TWCPUC5.png
Cuan, on the other hand...

IgD6ium.png
Ethlin doesn't get a love critical, nor does she proc one from the skill.
I just now realize I left Aideen unprotected.

AGXyvAl.png
Lex kills one guy, but two are still enough to kill her.

GdH2a2N.png
I try to protect her from the hunter, but to no avail.

mu6Wx9g.png
Who's a good general? Who's a good general?
Yes you are! <3

Z9Eh6GF.png
Rng and Midir share the same goal of driving me mad.

On opponent's turn Aideen avoids both attacks... phew.

YcWHxMg.png
Rng, Midir and Sigurd share the same goal of driving me mad.

iicx0Ww.png
I decide not to try attacking the mid boss with Ardan. Sigurd has 4 chances to hit him, he should be able to take Genoa.

KWylVF3.png
Wasn't really needed, but ok.

PEEIjLf.png
Stealing is fun. With his improved strenght, now Dew can damage the guy by 2 whole points! Level-up:
SKL - STR
3 whole points!!!

uLingwx.png
You know, maybe I should just stop commenting Midir's actions.

MQsHsk6.png
Even healer lady get kills. And level-up:
HP
Ethlin, I would like you to get good level-ups more often.

NEEOrkk.png
And finally, unnamed-boss dies. He was tougher than Kinbois. Level-up:
HP - SKL - DEF - MDF
Now that's a level-up worth of Sigurd.

27D4CUJ.png
ilXMBLG.gif What's up? Why aren't you talking? Who locked you up in there?

So Sigurd, you acknowledge a child has been locked in a dungeon, and you fail to see why he doesn't feel like chatting?

:Sedgar: ...Aren't you Kinbois' men?
ilXMBLG.gifWe took care of Kinbois. You’re safe with us.
:Sedgar: Really? Then Ira doesn't have to fight anymore! They're makin' my auntie fight against her will! Please, you gotta help her!
ilXMBLG.gifThat swordfighter out there? I thought something was different about her. I'll go let her know you're alright. So what's your name?
:Sedgar: Shanan. I'm... er... prince of the Kingdom of Isaac.

Sure, go tell the guy who just entered by killing everyone and is also part of the empire that's fighting with your kingdom.

ilXMBLG.gifYOU are the prince of Isaac? You're serious, aren’t you? I bet you've been through a lot. You're best to stay with our troops for now. Just be patient for the time being. You'll make it back to your country someday.
:Carlyle: Sir, we're currently at war with Issac. Shouldn't we inform the king of this?
ilXMBLG.gifOifey, that war has nothing to do with this child. I don't care where he's from. We'll find a way to get him home. For now I just want to keep him safe.
:Carlyle: Understood.

:Carlyle: Wow... Sir Sigurd sure is a kindhearted man.

Tankfully, he is. He is like the opposite of lawful stupid. He is stupidly good.

82NjocO.gif What!? Grandbell has taken Genoa Castle? I must get to Shanan...

6MMAw3T.png
So Genoa is conquered. Marpha's turn.
... That's a very little hit rate, Cuan.

TAFQgLg.png
TLJxbvy.gif First my girl escapes, and now my castle is under attack! Why am I so unlucky!?

Because shut up, that's why.

kx38puY.png
TLJxbvy.gif Man blew it! I can't believe you're still alive!
5CWPgKE.gif Prepare yourself, Gandolf! I'll never forgive someone like you!

Ys4QRhS.pngub7VrPv.pngUc4Xt1F.pngtSXJet1.pngVDTYUt2.png
And with everyone attacking him, Gandolf goes down in a single turn.

mOwr2DO.png
She can actually go in Genoa castle in search of Shanan, but I always recruited her immediately after conquering it.

d8hglbt.png
WklHqFb.gif Ok, here's our chance. First we take Evans, then we'll shoot straight for the border!

Luckily, Generic Soldier can see through metal helmets.

:Soldier:Is that... That's Heirhein's troops! King Eltshan must be informed immediately!

qWf4N2A.png
Shouldn't Shanan be with him at this time? He hasn't left him at Genoa because Aira won't find him if she reaches the castle. He sent him to Evans alone?

ilXMBLG.gifPrince Shanan told me that you're the younger sister to the King of Isaac. He also said that you’d be hostile towards us since we're from Grandbell. But consider the facts. You have a young prince to protect. Is this war really worth risking your life over!?
82NjocO.gifMy brother, the king, was prepared for death when he entrusted Shanan with me. We've come this far... But you're right. I can't risk my life for Verdane! I must see Shanan through until he's old enough to become a respectable king.
ilXMBLG.gifThen put down your sword. As a descendant of Baldo, the Crusader of Light, I will not betray you.
82NjocO.gif...Consider your trust reciprocated then. That's the way of the Isaacian warrior. For now I consecrate my sword to thee. But I still view Grandbell as my sworn enemy. Just so you're prepared for the day when that enemy may include you.
ilXMBLG.gifWar sure can be cruel. Ira, warrior of Isaac... I pray that day never comes.

abgUkhs.png
Ethlin and Aideen will make themselves useful by healing everyone while waiting for Sigurd. Level-up:
LCK - DEF
Okayish...

b13vTCn.png
77R4BMX.gifHmm... Elliot just couldn't stay out of this, could he... Lachesis, watch the castle. I'm going to backup Sigurd.

4Sq491p.png
77R4BMX.gifHis troops shouldn't pose much of a problem, but do stay alert.

JFDMRa0.png
77R4BMX.gif Just pull out right now. I know you're not ready to face me either.
WklHqFb.gif Eltshan, are you mad!? Don't tell me you've sided with Grandbell!
77R4BMX.gifDon't you realize you’re running in direct violation to our superior's orders? The reverent King Agusty has no desire to wage war against Grandbell.
WklHqFb.gifOnly you would be foolish enough to take that old man seriously anymore. Besides, all the lords of the dominion have already unified against Grandbell.
77R4BMX.gifNot all of them! Anyway, a war now would incur huge sacrifices on both sides! Our past is a testament to that. The noble class aren't the ones who suffer in the end. It's the powerless citizens who suffer, and I'm not about to let it happen!
WklHqFb.gifAs always your head is in the clouds, Eltshan. I knew it'd come to this sooner or later. Let's settle this once and for all. Men, Nodion is now the enemy! I want Eltshan dead!

DqY2vhL.png
Aaaaand Elliot is defeated in the first turn this run.

77R4BMX.gifElliot fled, did he? Let him be for now. Withdraw to the castle!

9gVncPf.png
... Guys? Your boss said retreat.

kiiMYie.png
Oh well, Guess I won't have to warp someone to Evans.

sleaKiJ.png
Healing a healer is fun. Level-up:
LCK
Why won't you get good levels?

5CCsTdd.pngdBmu2Wv.png
Just one more tile...

lOzmMxT.pngaYjlHMT.png
In this scene, Mercury is played by Queen Rahna.

:Sara: You are very honest! As a reward for your honesty I present you with the Hero Axe. Farewell, Lex...

And apparently, he/she also stalked Lex a bit.

broWpkW.png
Healing a healer is very fun. Level-up:
HP - LCK - DEF - MDF
Nice

Dlepxdb.png
And thus, Marpha is conquered.

M6g9PY7.png
Hei! It's DiMaggio! Hello, friend.

pUgIFgx.gif Please... just let me be on my way!
:Tirado: Grr! Sweetie, you best just shut your trap!

deaB1V9.png
ilXMBLG.gifThat's right, so get moving! Nothing gets under my skin more than scum like you! You apologize to the girl and then get out of my sight!
:Tirado: Alright already. Er... Sorry, miss. I's just havin' a little fun.
ilXMBLG.gifAre you okay? Did he hurt you at all?
pUgIFgx.gifNo, I'm fine. Thank you very much... Sigurd.
ilXMBLG.gifEr? You know who I am?
pUgIFgx.gif Yes, I met a woman here in the castle a little while ago named Adean.
ilXMBLG.gifAdean said something about me?
pUgIFgx.gifShe did. You're just how I imagined you to be.
ilXMBLG.gifWhat's ah... your name?
pUgIFgx.gifI’m sorry. I... I must go!
ilXMBLG.gif Hey... hold on! I just wanted to talk...
pUgIFgx.gif I'm sorry. I'm glad we were able to meet.

ST0Zsqz.png
Sigurd, not you too!

gtQvtyQ.png
ilXMBLG.gifSir, that woman who was just here... Do you know who she is?
Q9Wo8A5.gif Ahh, yes. That'd be Diadora. She's a shaman of the Spirit Forest.
ilXMBLG.gifDiadora... She's so beautiful.
Q9Wo8A5.gif A-ha! Even a man of your caliber falls readily fer a pretty woman. Perhaps it's love at first sight!
ilXMBLG.gifSir, please. I'm serious. There was something about her... I hope to meet her again.
Q9Wo8A5.gif That might be a tad difficult. You see, the villagers of the Spirit Forest do not involve themselves with the outside world. Moreover, that girl you're so fond of is strictly forbidden from associating with men. The villagers believe a great catastrophe will befall us if that were ever violated. I'll get right to the point, Sigurd. Resign yourself of that girl.

Pretty talkative, as expected.

ilXMBLG.gifThat sounds like superstitious nonsense to me. No one should be forced to live like that. Diadora... we must meet again.

And that's it for now. Next time, a surprise most of you probably never saw!

You can now vote here for the last two pairings.

Huge update and end of chapter 1!

[spoiler=Sandima's demise']
mzY7hh3.png
GoSuEws.gif Gandolf and Kinbois have failed, and the enemy'll be striking here before you know it. Commander Sigurd of Grandbell is by no means a bad person. Please, withdraw the troops!
xjeedOL.gif Originally, Grandbell was preparing to strike us! That's why I allowed Gandolf's raid. I never intended for it to get this out of hand.
GoSuEws.gif That sorceror Sandima is behind all of this, isn't he... You, Gandolf and Kinbois have trusted him far too much. He has deceived all of you!

I think Gandolf and Kinbois didn't trust anybody, they were just being d**ks.

ZxPzhfr.png
45eoVHR.gif I believe you, as prince, have an obligation to command an attack on the enemy. Your negligence to do so could have grave consequences on the kingdom's future.
GoSuEws.gifSandima! You bastard!
xjeedOL.gif Jamka, Sandima's right. Now go and lead our troops into battle.
GoSuEws.gifFather! There's just no convincing you, is there... Alright, I'll do it. But if I make it back alive, Sandima, I'm taking you out!

JwfJm0s.png
xjeedOL.gif It was you who said that Grandbell was conspiring to take my kingdom.
45eoVHR.gifWhat's that? Here I thought Verdane would workout somehow... You're just a bunch of savages. I've no longer any use for you. I'll be taking command of the troops from here on out.
xjeedOL.gif What're you doing!? Guh! Uuaaaaahhh.....!
45eoVHR.gifHrmph... wretched old fool.

bc6XxJC.png
45eoVHR.gif I can just tell them the king has fallen ill.

At this point he can basically get away with anything anyway.

op1Sz6k.gif So be it. How are things otherwise? Is everything running as planned?
45eoVHR.gif My humblest apologies. Our invasion of Grandbell has met with unexpected difficulties. A nuisance by the name of Sigurd keeps stirring up trouble.
op1Sz6k.gif Well, how about the Loputian blood link? Have you located Cigyun's daughter yet?
45eoVHR.gif Well, as of yet nothing, but I...
op1Sz6k.gif You imbecile! Well, the boy... Cigyun's son is in Barhara at the moment. But he's of no use to us without the girl... Allow me to explain.

...Why? You mean he didn't know the whole plan 'till now?

op1Sz6k.gifCigyun was a descendant of Prince Maira, the Loputo Emperor's younger brother. In short, Cigyun was the only surviving descendant of the Loputo Clan. Now Cigyun broke the Maira Decree by bearing two children. You follow me, Sandima?
45eoVHR.gifYes. By uniting the blood of her offspring, the Dark Lord Loputousu shall be revived!

I find Loputousu to be a funnily long name.

op1Sz6k.gif Precisely. Now in order for us, the remnants of the Loputo Empire, to once again enter the world stage, we must awaken the Dark Lord at any cost. Sandima, you know as well as I what we've been through. We've spent the last hundred years in hiding deep within the Yied Desert, suffering extreme hardships, dreaming the day would come for us to rebuild the Empire. Well, that day is now upon us!
45eoVHR.gif Understood. I will see my mission through, even if it takes my last breath!

Now Jamka attacks us through the forest with a bunch of axemen.
Before that though, let's look at Aira:

8alPjf3.pngEN0Xgw1.png
70% 30% 5% 60% 30% 20% 20% 5%
Aira has 3 more points in strenght and some more hp and defense. Otherwise, she's unchanged.

As soon as she reaches Marpha, she destroys the arena, getting 2 levels:
HP - STR - SKL - SPD - LCK
Good enough.

lRywWfv.png
:Fergus: I can't get it t'do nothin', so there's no point in me keepin' it.
:Natasha: Oh, this is a Warp Staff, Dew. Where'd you find it?
:Fergus: Umm... It was... over there! Yeah, thats where I found it. I betcha one of the gods dropped 'er outta the sky just for you!
:Natasha: Yeah right, Dew. Well, it will help out around here to have it. Thanks.

I think this event should be unlocked before the one where Aideen gives the return staff to Ethlin.

Through the forest we go!

7hSHehh.png
Ardan is the first to engage the enemy thanks to his long bow. Level-up:
HP - STR - DEF
Of course.

0RJzJjS.png
You thought the chatting was over? Fools!

vWB1uSp.gif I'm sorry, but I just have to ask you. Why did Isaac attack Darna? You had to have known Grandbell would get involved. I just can't fathom why King Mananan would do something like that.

Mananan is even funnyer than Loputousu.

82NjocO.gif You actually know my father, Cuan!?
vWB1uSp.gif No. Not personally. But my father did. He had a very high opinion of your father. He also thought your brother, Prince Maricle, was an fine young man.
82NjocO.gif He said that, did he... That makes me proud. They were both highly respected soldiers. Neither would ever condone an attack on a defenseless people. The leader of Rivough... He's the one who besieged Darna, not my father.
vWB1uSp.gif You're kidding! Why hasn't Grandbell been informed of that? Prince Kurth would surely reconsider his offensive if he knew that.
82NjocO.gif My father thought so as well. After executing Rivough's leader, he left for Grandbell's frontline, head and all, to explain everything. However...
vWB1uSp.gif What?
82NjocO.gif My father was assassinated at the Grandbellian front. When Isaac heard word of the king's death, the people went into a rage! Maricle thus proceeded to launch a full-scale attack against Grandbell.
vWB1uSp.gif Whew... I just can't imagine Prince Kurth acting so rashly. Does Sigurd know about all of this?
82NjocO.gif No. Sigurd has his hands full here as it is. Besides, I don't think Maricle...
vWB1uSp.gif ...Survived? Prince Maricle knew he would perish in battle, huh...
82NjocO.gif He believed the future of Isaac rests in Shanan's survival. My job is to make sure Shanan grows up safe and sound.
vWB1uSp.gif I see... Well, don't lose hope, Aira. Someday the truth will come to light. In the meantime, I'll try to help you out however I can.
82NjocO.gif That's very kind of you, Cuan.

5000 love points.

IpmroEK.png
And level-up for the green knight:
HP - STR - SPD
Strenght! I'm impressed.

V3eWr74.png8lOZOQx.png
That spot is wonderful for ranged combat.

kWTZRJy.png
Another level-up for Lex:
HP
Lex, I'm disappointed.

APqVkX4.png
A support critical and a level-up for Noish:

... Noish, I'm even more disapponted.

u6zcAWw.pngPjafqMi.png
At least he can protect Aideen and survive Jamka's bow.

R2VhybP.png
Another level-up:

Goddammit Noish!

Le4apP1.png
Dew was just being useless, so I decide to steal something...

Quzg4dA.png
... and put him out of the way. Level-up for Aideen:
MGC - LCK
Ok.

qTLh6Xu.png
Aira's turn to protect Aideen and level-up:
HP - SKL - DEF
Good.

0IEUQ7Z.png
And again:
HP
Aira, why?

rUqOjxJ.png
:Natasha: I thought you went to talk to your father! Now you're fighting? What is going on!?
GoSuEws.gifI don't know. Something was real odd about him. He just wouldn't listen to me. Everything's been upside-down since that Sandima showed up. My father and brothers have done anything he has asked them to.
:Natasha: So why does that bring you into battle? Please Jamka, don't do this! Lets return to Verdane and speak with the king once more. We're stopping this war! Sir Sigurd did not come here to invade your country. He was merely fighting to rescue me. Please, Jamka, listen to reason!
GoSuEws.gifAlright, let's give it one more try. And I'm exposing that traitor once and for all. But no one lays a finger on my father. That's my one condition.
:Natasha: I'll see to it no one does. Thank you, Jamka. You really are a good person.
GoSuEws.gifAideen...

And Jamka is recruited. As we italians say, A woman's hair pulls (attracts) more than an oxcart (we are not referring to the hairs on the head...).
Let's give a look at Jamka.

pFMHIki.pnguahQVzF.png
110% 50% 0% 10% 30% 40% 30% 5%
Jamka gets 1 more skill, double his original luck and 20% more hp growth. His bigger change however is pursuit, wich is now a personal skill, making him a better father.
Looking at his stats, he seems more and more like an hunter who doesn't get axes on promotion (I assume hunters would promote to warriors).
I think hunter would have been a better class for him, given that everyone in his country is either a fighter, a hunter or a warrior. He doesn't really need a silver bow anyway.

ukqShSn.pngOM5SsJi.png
And with Cuan's assistance, prince Jamka claims his first victim.
It's kind of strange that Jamka's men are still enemies after his recruitment, given that generally enemies that follow a recruitable character become npcs and either help you (read: steal your experience) or leave the map.

Now, I'll make something very uncommon: I'm going to finish the map without the use of Sigurd and Silence Deirdre.
To kill Sandima we go!

mZRx9f7.png
Man, isn't astra broken in this game? Aira kills the first of Sandima's men and gets a level-up:
SKL - STR - SPD
That's more like it.

zsNqxAO.png
She gets targeted by Sandima, but avoids with no effort thanks to the forest.

Tbmcage.png
I'm not actually sure why I saved this screenshot. I guess it's nice to see that Ardan can actually go from one place to the other in a reasonable time now.

TAf0QIw.png
And level-up:
HP - STR - LCK - DEF
Impressive!

x6wYws3.png
And male swordfighters have access to axes in this game. Also, they apparently turn into pirates when they use throwing axes.

Wait. Wait... Does that mean that Ulster will be able to use axes before promotion too? That's great!
Sadly you decided against Lex, so no Neir blood and hero axe, but he will greatly enjoy the use of critical boomerangs, and I will enjoy seeing him use astra with it...

f2iGM5P.pngrr6377m.pngdINhxFV.png2Eme8bx.png
The fight goes on untill all of the minions are killed.

lqx8KsU.png
Azel and Jamka each get a level-up too:
Azel:
SPD - MAG

Jamka:
HP - STR - SPD
Typical.

ScqcPCH.pngQqz5j4S.png
Jamka can only barely survive Sandima's Fenrir, and can't survive Jormung at all.

kHiOlUq.png
I realize Dew won't make it in time to be useful, and he goes back to Marpha trying his luck at the arena (spoiler: he won't be able to beat the lance knight).

4rK3Brd.png
Level-up:
SPD - LCK

w4dfzgg.png
This is a bad idea. Killing Sandima with Jamka is cool, but he needs to kill him with a single arrow, or he's dead.

fJZ1Cge.pnguohbXnn.png
Every character who can survive Sandima attacks him. Midir and Ethlin succeed in weakening him, while Ardan and Aira are unlucky.

voL3gFe.png
Now Jamka can kill Sandima.

JVsxf3x.pngYfvXBG7.png
That's useless to him.

k83hq6M.png
Aideen and Ethlin start to heal and warp people for experience. Level-up for Aideen:
SKL - LCK
Decent.

And now, a rarely seen conversation!
oUh3RxK.png
ilXMBLG.gifI'm so happy to see you! I thought we'd never meet again.
Sigurd, I heard of Sandima's death. I was so worried he'd find me.

X4M5w7M.png
Well, all I know is what the woman who raised me told me on her deathbed. She said there exists in this world a religious sect who follow the Dark Lord Loputousu. The Dark Lord was presumed dead, but they've been secretly planning his resurrection.
ilXMBLG.gifI've heard something about that, too. So why are they after you?
The Dark Lord lies dormant within my blood, and through me they can resurrect him. I was told they must never find me. I am also forbidden to be with a man.
ilXMBLG.gifGeez... you must always be on the run. You were avoiding me early, weren't you?
I was afraid I'd fall for you, Sigurd. I tried putting you out of my mind, but I... I just don't want to lose you. Oh, what am I to do...
ilXMBLG.gifDeirdre, I can understand why you're scared. But theres no reason to let this ruin your whole life for you. Diadora, I vow to keep you out of harms way. I won't let anyone hurt you. If we both feel the same for each other, then we've nothing to fear. Dear Lord, if you deem our love for each other to be a sin, I beg of you punish me! I won't regret it... even if it means a thousand slashes upon my heart! I only ask that you watch over my beloved Deirdre... unto all eternity!
Sigurd...

That vow is going to hunt him later on...

And here is Deirdre:

FnfUu55.pngoSwVhMH.png
75% 15% 75% 25% 20% 15% 15% 75%
Deirdre gets better bases, Rezire, pursuit and much better growths; this changes and the lower weight of her tomes makes her better in every conceivable way. It's also possible to promote her to sage now, but that's not very likely to happen.
Before conquering Verdane, everyone who didn't now get some rounds at the arena:
Jamka (3 levels):
3 HP - 3 SPD
I think the rng broke.

Ethlin (1 level):
SKL - STR - SPD - LCK - DEF
:wtf:

Deirdre (3 levels):
1 HP - 2 SKL - 1 STR - 3 MAG

Lex (3 levels):
3 HP - 1 SKL - 1 STR - 1 SPD - 1 LCK - 2 DEF

Aideen (1 level, from warping):
STR - SPD - LCK - MDF

Noish (1 level):
HP - STR
Look, someone remembered how to raise his stats.

q8k6Ci5.png
:Carlyle: He has sustained heavy injuries. He's very likely beyond our help.

kgupLhx.png
xjeedOL.gifUrgh... Sigurd, my apologies for all you had to go through. This was all Sandima's doing. He deceived me while conning my two sons in an attempt to take control of the country.
ilXMBLG.gifYes, I'm aware of that. Please, don't overexert yourself. You just need some rest.
xjeedOL.gifNo, I'm already done for. But before I die, I have one last thing I must tell you. The evil that's rearing its head across the continent is all the work of the Dark Sect. They're out to destroy all that's good and hasten the revival of the Dark Lord Loputousu. Sandima incited our attack on Grandbell solely to further their cause. They have infested the world, Sigurd. You must stay sharp and not be led astray! Please absolve my failure to keep my citizens from harm's way. S... Sigurd, I beg of you...
ilXMBLG.gif King Batou... No... What IS this Dark Sect anyway...

And this concludes chapter 1!
Did I show you something new, or did you know about this special conversation already?

Levin is winning the poll for Sylvia's lover. Good, I was worried I'd end up without Forsety.

Briggid is still pending, but Jamka has a little advantage.

Edited by Enaluxeme

Did I show you something new, or did you know about this special conversation already?

There's another FE4 LP going on that showcased that conversations so chances are that a lot of people who follow this also checked out the other FE4 LP a while ago and know this conversation already. I'm one of those people.

Still, nice to see that you're trying shake things up a bit.

There's another FE4 LP going on that showcased that conversations so chances are that a lot of people who follow this also checked out the other FE4 LP a while ago and know this conversation already. I'm one of those people.

Still, nice to see that you're trying shake things up a bit.

Damn, didn't know about that :/

"How many of you will translate this line?"

Anyway, and Beowulf?

What about him?

If you are referring to pairings, he has a conversation with Lachesis only, and I didn't want to make the pairings where children and parents have the same classes, since such pairings are probably the most commons.

It's good to be back!

Sorry, I had some exams to study for, also I found out about the existence of dolphin and immediately started playing PoR, wich I acquired through completely legitimate means.

Let's get down to business, shall we? It's the start of a new chapter, we have tons of lines to read!

[spoiler=So much text... Also Holyn and Lachesis]biNq9oy.png
Iv14uKx.gif You're putting your life in peril!
77R4BMX.gif Nonsense. Look... I've heard all about Shagaal supposedly killing his father. But there's no proof! If I can just speak with him, I know I'll get through to him.
Iv14uKx.gif But...
77R4BMX.gif Lachesis, enough already. I'm leaving three of my best men behind for your protection just to be on the safe side. Lachesis, don't be so down! I promise I'll make it back. I've no intention of dying out there!
Iv14uKx.gif Eltshan...

tRAQxn0.png
The king is ugly, he must be a bad guy.

77R4BMX.gif Your father always strived for a peaceful coexistence with Grandbell. Besides, war is very hard on the people. You're risking your reputation with these actions. You must not let this war happen!
IfJsgE6.gif My father always had a soft spot for you, Eltshan. And all the while you had it in for me. Well, he's gone... and now I rule Agustria! You're going to pay fully for making me the fool. Throw this trash in the dungeon!

What a shitty thing to do. And stupid. Unleashing Eltshan now would wipe out Sigurd's army.

77R4BMX.gif Wait, Your Majesty... NO!!!
IfJsgE6.gifHmph... Such a pain he is. Give my order to Boldo to seize Nodion. Once we're through there, I’m taking the whole show to Grandbell!

dbYFlvJ.png
IfJsgE6.gifThere's no going back. I just wonder if we really have a chance here...
op1Sz6k.gif Well, Grandbell still honours the Anti-War Pact with Agustria. Their entire military is still in Isaac. If we strike now we cannot lose!
IfJsgE6.gifHmm... If we can just overthrow Grandbell, Agustria will become the new world leader. And I'll be emperor of the world!
op1Sz6k.gif Yes... Consider that a possibility.

By now smileys have become a big mess. That won't stop me from using them.

eobIB5t.png
How exactly does Eve know about that? Even if we assume they have an off-screen messenger/courier service, I doubt Shagall sent one to Nodion. I also doubt Nodion has spies in Augustria. Oh well...

:Yahn: There's more. We'll need to keep a close eye on Heirhein. If they learn of the king's disappearance, they'll attack without a moment's notice. I'm sure they're not pleased with what happened in Verdane, especially Prince Elliot.
Iv14uKx.gif That Elliot just can't handle the fact that I’ll have nothing to do with him. God, I can't stand conceited men like him. I need a man the calibre of my dear brother. That's why I'll never marry.

You will. Dew is ready.

:Yahn: His Majesty's Cross Knights are stationed well north at Fort Silvail. There are just the few of us soldiers left here. But my brothers and I will do our best to hold the castle. Just be ready for the worst.
Iv14uKx.gif Understood. Eve, thank you so much. Now don't you overdo it, or worse, get yourself killed! Please let Eva and Alva know how sorry I am for all this.
:Yahn: Uh, no need to apologise, Your Highness. King Eltshan left us behind for your protection in good conscious. We, as Holy Knights of Nodion, shall protect you to our dying breath!

r6LCXvD.png
WklHqFb.gif Brilliant! Elliot, here's your chance to even the score. Go take Nodion by storm!
WklHqFb.gif Yes, father...

Well, they are identical, so...

HM9oms6.png
:Carlyle: We've received a request for backup from Princess Lachesis.
ilXMBLG.gif Why would they seize Eltshan of all people!? Well, let's gear up. We're heading for Nodion. I’d put my life on the line for Lachesis if it came to it. Eltshan would never admit it, but he cares for that sister of his more than anything. If he ever lost her, there's no telling what he'd do.

SodBBas.png
ilXMBLG.gif Lachesis must be pretty shook up as well. I've got to help her out if I can.
pUgIFgx.gif I understand. It looks like I'll be joining you then, Sigurd.
ilXMBLG.gif What? Forget it, Deirdre! I can't get you involved it this.

This actually makes more sense if you got the conversation where Sandima is already dead and Deirdre doesn't have to fight. I mean, if my significant other was capable of unleashing a light nuke spell, I wouldn't mind her fighting along, especially when I'm already risking the lifes of my retainers, my sister, my best friend and some others (including the king of Verdane, who for some reasons tags along?).

pUgIFgx.gif Sigurd, you promised you'd never leave my side. I'm... I'm scared. If you leave me now, I... I fear I'll never see you again. Please... let me go with you.
ilXMBLG.gif Er... I did say that, didn't I... Alright, we’ll go together, but don't you dare leave my side!
pUgIFgx.gif You can count on that!

Sigurd: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

Time to conquer the arena! I'll skip that tho... Wait, what?

7JU4sq8.png
Okay. That's what happens when you mess around with the code of a game. Not that I'm complaining.

9b7k56P.png
pUgIFgx.gif I'll be fine... as long as I have Sigurd at my side.
JZCZo8M.gif I still can't get over how much he's changed since meeting you, Deirdre.
pUgIFgx.gif Ethlin... I have something I'd like you to have.
JZCZo8M.gif Isn’t this... the Light Sword!? You sure you want me to have this?
pUgIFgx.gif Yes. I know you'll put it to good use.
JZCZo8M.gif Thank you so much, Deirdre! I'll treasure it!

My headcanon tells me that sword belonged to prince Kurth. Maybe his class was actually prince/masterknight, or maybe it was swordfighter/forrest or socialknight/paladin.

These are the stats of our units at the end of turn 1:

nEn2Pe3.pngeAIpTIU.pngSfQEYeA.png7HYraPM.pngfnSwdOi.png7vsunDX.pngAmoVrZE.pngOSzyhtW.png70oA4a7.pngpJRYVw3.pngIZk3pWw.pngqg9eczN.pngt9qk6jt.pnghKKrr0v.pngyQRooa6.png

Sigurd (1 level):
HP - SKL - LCK

Cuan (2 levels):
2 HP - 2 SKL - STR - DEF

Noish (2 levels):
HP - SKL - 2 STR - SPD - DEF

Alec (2 levels):
2 HP - SKL - STR - 2 SPD - LCK

Aira (3 levels):
2 HP - SKL - 2 STR - MAG - 2 DEF

Lex (3 levels):
2 HP - SKL - STR - 2 SPD - DEF

Azel (2 levels):
2 HP - SPD - MAG - LCK

Fin (3 levels):
3 HP - 3 SKL - STR - 2 SPD - LCK - MDF

Ethlin (2 levels):
HP - SKL - STR - SPD

She has a ton of items, I know. Gotta change that at the start of chapter 3.

Midir (3 levels):
3 HP - 3 SPD - MAG - LCK

Deirdre (3 levels):
SKL - SPD - 3 MAG - LCK - 2 DEF - MDF

Jamka (2 levels):
2 HP - STR - SPD - LCK

Dew (3 levels):
2 HP - 2 SKL - 3 STR - 2 SPD - LCK - DEF

Ardan (2 levels):
2 HP - 2 STR - LCK - 2 DEF

Also, Holyn:

jH83wKK.png
110% 35% 5% 75% 30% 20% 35% 5%
Holyn now has better bases and more balanced growths. His starting speed has been nerfed by two points, but he will be faster than most enemies anyway

He got a level-up in the arena too (the screenshot was taken after the level-up):
HP - SKL
A pretty bad one.

Enemy phase.

4NqglEU.png
WklHqFb.gif Her days of jerking me around are over. Just wait and see! What could she possibly do surrounded by a military of this force!? She's coming back to Heirhein with me whether she likes it OR NOT!

Elliot is a gentleman.

Eh2QpcZ.png
:Tirado:Defend to the death!

kDpgOWl.png
:-_-: Brilliant, we're right on schedule. Let the bandits loose on the villages. We pretty much have free reign now that Shagaal has taken the throne. Strip the villages of all valuables and return them to the castle!

He looks like he's sleeping.

Y8OrDfR.png
:Dozla: I'm not lifting a finger till the dust settles. Keep our soldiers put for the moment.

tGPp3vw.png
This part is still a little mounted emblem. Stupid Eve brothers, stealing my exp.

qMPWPp2.png
Being swarmed by enemies is bad, even if you are Cuan.

SVof0GA.png
Exp. Also, Cuan wants your lance.

59I6Fl4.png
And level-up for Sigurd:
HP - MAG

bCSzu4L.pngz7Td6dM.png8PqkGwc.png
And Alec is the man! Level-up:
HP - SKL
Meh.

HSWwwBd.png
The rest of Elliot's men are quickly dealt with.

xR4XP5C.png
Meanwhile, the villages aren't faring well.

v71tZ5e.png
Aww yeah, look at that equip. That's going all the way to his daughter.

1KA3w9l.png
At least they are useful for something other than the knight ring. Level-up:
HP - LCK
Can you guys start getting 3 stats or more on promotion? Thanks.

kX3OxJ2.png
Iv14uKx.gif No, he's still being held in Agusty. It seems all of Agustria has turned against us. Sir Sigurd, please... I need your help. I must free my brother!
ilXMBLG.gif I usually try to keep our troops off foreign soil, but this time it's unavoidable. I've already received King Azmur's approval to engage the enemy. His Majesty is aware of King Imuka's assassination by Shagaal's hand, as well as Shagaal's plans to invade Grandbell. His Majesty has also stressed the importance of Eltshan's rescue for future peace negotiations. Don't worry, Lachesis. I promise we'll get Eltshan out.

Before I forget again, let's take a look at Lachesis:

m6RQBw7.pngcyFLPsi.png
60% 50% 20% 15% 20% 40% 20% 10%
Lachesis has better strenght and magic bases, as well as pursuit before promotion, making her much more useful from the let go.
The higher growths may be useful for her too, but will mostly benefit Nanna.

Aaaand cut.

I know it's not much, but at least I'm posting again. Another one will soon follow!

I know it's not much, but at least I'm posting again. Another one will soon follow!

Another one will soon follow!

Damn me.

Well, this isn't exactly "soon", but here I am.

From the poll topic, it seems like Sylvia is going to marry Levin, while Briggid will be Verdane's queen. Poor Alec is getting the short end of the stick.

[spoiler=conquering Her]wWO2tW4.png

Dew doesn't wait to flirt with Lachesis. Still, I think chocolate and flowers are appreciated more than swords. I might be wrong.

:Fergus: It's a Thief Sword. Now you can tear into them bad guys!

:Amelia: Er... thanks, Dew. But don't you want it for yourself?

:Fergus: Nah, go ahead. No point in me keepin' it. Let's just say it does more than cuts and dices, heheh. See ya, Lachesis!

IJRclVq.png

Noish is the first to engage the enemy. Didn't get crits nor adept, but I guess I can't expect much from him at this point.

fWeuPvJ.png

This guy is problematic, even more than the general. At least I have the long bow. If I had more of an hard time with him I could have used the silence staff, but as it turns out, I didn't need that.

yWQq7xY.png

And level-up for Holyn:

HP - STR - SPD

No skill? Strange. Good thing he got speed though.

gJpLCys.png0hyC9PP.pngRhPmHrp.png

The fight goes on. Time to try that silver lance.

m1IrLem.png

Ouch. Thankfully, Cuan is tanky.

0QQsPoH.pngS9NzABX.png

And I'm loving the support/love/sibling criticals in this game.

hUL2Ek8.pngk561pBk.png

Even more items for Ethlin. Anyway, Level-up:

SPD - DEF - MDF

Good.

5LtysBJ.pngHupyz7s.png

As I said, Silence was unneeded, but I still use it because exp. Level-up:

HP - STR - MAG - MDF

Now these are good level-ups.

APiBmLB.png

Aideen is catching up, while Lex protects Jamka.

0xbGawW.png

He gets a level-up from it:

HP - DEF

Really, Lex?

yZQ2wYT.pngLYGUZ3w.png3UevDvP.png

Moar fighting. Also, does the Thief Sword have a brave effect? Also, level-up for Lachesis:

HP - SKL - STR - MAG

I want more levels like this. I'm actually being pretty lucky with level-ups, since this is still gen 1 and gen 2 has better growths. Well, except for those 2 blank levels for Noish...

dZGwhtT.png42s1YtA.png

Ethlin and husband go for the annoying ballistas, and Cuan gets a level-up:

HP - SKL

Cuan, you have major holy blood. You are not allowed to get bad level-ups.

P9m8Plt.png

Aideen can't reach any injured ally, but the Super Eve Brothers are always there.

iiOFhTT.pngF2uhhbG.png

Ethling is fighting so much she will probably promote in this chapter or in the arena of the next.

UbavYMM.pngrEgQd7u.png

Level up for the healers:

Aideen:

STR - SPD

Ethlin:

SKL - SPD

Could have been worse. About Ethlin's hp, remember she has the circlet.

szkV7BC.png6BE8H0X.png

The first guard gets destroyed.

hdGckcn.png

I have this thing where I can't reach events for just 1 tile.

rmk29e3.png

Surprise!

Fin gets a level-up:

HP - STR - LCK

Not bad.

bm6oTEF.png

And the other guard is gone. Levev-up for Noish:

HP - SKL - STR - DEF

Good, he's catching up.

H3xa9Xn.png

Lachesis will mostly be relegated to healing no matter what. Heals are just too important in a game without vulneraries. Level-up:

MAG

Weak...

7ckBhsW.png

Wait for it...

:Murdock: If only I could repeated attack like Alec... that'd give me the edge I need. Maybe I could even find me a girlie then. Ahh... it's tough being a guy! Hm? What's this ol' ring doing here... Looks magical or something. Let's try 'er on. Ooooooo! What's going on!?

Here it comes!

:Murdock: ......The power of Pursuit!

FMJDS36.png

Back at killing Boldo.

eF6DtLp.png

Worth it. Level-up:

MAG - DEF

Kinda meh tbh.

pmlhnRg.png

I try to get support whenever possible.

eTJhtzd.png

It works.

0jVRkKM.png

:Hector: But Eltshan is still being held in Agusty. And that's not all...

:Carlyle: Yes?

:Hector: Bandits are laying seige to the pioneer villages in the central forest. We've got to intervene.

:Carlyle: Agreed. That'll help convice the citizens of Agustria that we are not the aggressor here. If that's your decision, then we'd better get moving. We've no time to waste!

Hey, hello there. Time for more screenshots!

[spoiler=Holyn v2.0 - mounted edition]
OP7HApj.png
We begin with swearing, good!

:Gonzales: How do you explain this carelessness, Macbeth!?
:-_-: M... My humblest apologies, Your Majesty! I'll dispatch Voltz and his mercenaries immediately!

9x1M1OD.png
Nsynsav.gifHey! Why're we first to go in? I'm staying put. I wanna see how this unfolds first. Yo, Beowulf... Whaddya think?
:Beowulf: I'm not buyin' any of this. I'm 'bout ready to walk on that Macbeth sleaze.
Nsynsav.gif Well, do as you see fit. As a mercenary you're free to work for whomever you please. Strange how one day we're fighting side by side... the next day who knows.

Voltz actually looks like a nice guy to me. Dunno why.

:Beowulf: Sure is. I just hope I don't gotta face you ever. I wouldn't stand a chance.
Nsynsav.gif Heh heh heh... Ain't a soul alive who can take me!

DmtUnb8.png

5ZgDf1q.png
Sv51KY4.gif Bandits? Where's the Agustrian army at a time like this?
:Haar: There’s mutiny in th' streets, m’boy. Ain't no-one got time t'worry about us! T'tell th' truth, there's a bit more to th' story... Rumour has it Lord Macbeth himself set them bandits loose on our villages.
Sv51KY4.gif Whoa... he's gotta go. Look, I'll see what I can do. I'll take care of that scumbag. And you can all whip up a nice reward for me when I get back.
:Haar: There you go again with that big talk of yours. You best just get a move on. We ain't got time to be gettin' cosy with ya.

Please guys, stop sheeshing around.

AJnfxDO.png
Sv51KY4.gif (crap...) Sylvia! Er... you found me, huh?
:Nino: You've had your fun with me so you just up and leave, huh?

Not cool, Levin.

Sv51KY4.gif Hey now... Be nice. We've only been out like what... 2 or 3 times together!? I mean come on! Besides you're a traveling dancer, and I'm a bard. Doesn't that about sum it up?
:Nino: But you said you thought I was cute. That meant something to me.
Sv51KY4.gif Yeah, sometimes I say that. It don't mean anything. No no! Don't cry! I... I... Damn, now look. Everyone's starin' at us. Alright, you can come with me if you want.

yM8F4yY.png
This is the apotheosis of Fire Emblem dialogues.

966uKaD.png
I said no sheeshing around, Levin.

Sv51KY4.gif Nevermind! Let's go.

qp2J2rW.png
I love when this happens.
Since both Aira and Larcei won't have critical, I'll let them have all three kinds of effective swords, plus a silver sword for everything else. They don't need that Hero sword anyway.

2MpZVir.png
And the first village is gone. I was disappointed when I discovered that it didn't give any item, but at least this makes my life easyer.

fYeKqHw.png
:Fury: Let's hope we can get a lead in town on Prince Levin's whereabouts.

Why? Why exactly does she think Shagaal might have a clue about Levin's whereabouts?

KCJGo5V.png
Levin needs to activate something in order to kill a bandit in 2 rounds. Meh.

adbcmTv.pngbkJUucz.pngE1YaqSR.png
Meanwhile, Anphony's troops are engaged in battle. Level-ups for Midir and Azel:
Midir:
HP - MAG

Azel:
HP - SKL

Shouldn't they be switched around?

7UHxb35.png
I forgot to repair that hero axe, but at least the killer boomerang is good.

XpCe4Xj.png
Level-up for Jamka:
HP - LCK - DEF

JZJ67gL.png
One down.

X1ePXGO.pngmD2CkjP.png
Didn't catch Astra activating. Oh, well. Level-up:
HP - SKL - STR - SPD

249Y1iW.png
Since Ardan will never get to Anphony in time for the party, he gets ahead instead.

fZrn3Hr.pngeUlulFV.png
I forgot Jamka has a support with Midir and Dew.

ubQYiLP.png
And another level for the green knight:
SKL - DEF
Sad.

zilhMkI.png
Lex has money to spare. MountedHolyn is recruited.

o7svbfI.png
tdVyM7o.png
85% 40% 0% 40% 30% 20% 35% 5%
Beowulf starts with much better offensive stats, but his growths are basically the same. He got Vantage, which is interesting.
He really doesn't need that sword, but is good to know that both of Lachesis children will have access to some form of pursuit.

aJOzd0v.png
Healing time! Level-up:
SPD
Even more sad.

zKh4pwQ.png
Holyn one rounds armored people with Luna.

jtVTnuJ.png
Noish does too with critical.

hOrpJzH.pngDqV68kb.png
Astra + effective damage = sure victory.

h8m9OHV.png
He could beat the axe guys in Verdane, sword-locked enemies are too easy.
Oh, I almost forgot.

OTHAaOt.png
vWB1uSp.gif I'd say your weapon needs a little upgrading. Here, try using this lance.

Actually he was doing fine.

ilXMBLG.gif A Hero Lance... Are you sure about this?
vWB1uSp.gif You're a valuable knight of the Lenster Kingdom, Fin. We can't afford to lose you. Giving you this lance is about all I can do to help you out now. Please have it.
ilXMBLG.gif Your Highness... thank you very much.

Nothing important happens during opponent's phase. Let's take a look at Levin and Sylvia before they get some levels.

5NtUWNY.pngC7oBbz3.png
90% 10% 30% 40% 90% 20% 20% 10%
Levin is slightly nerfed, and he also gets C Light as a bard for some reason.

yDa0C86.png30c6eJv.png
60% 10% 30% 25% 25% 30% 20% 40%
Sylvia starts with an Iron Sword as the Slim Sword is now A rank. Her bases are much better, most notably in Magic, Speed and Luck. She also has better growths where it matters, except for strenght.
As enemies are stronger in this hack, this won't make her much better, but Corpul will be powerful and maybe there's hope for Leen too.

g9o0fU0.png
Now he can level-up:
HP - SPD
Basically the forst possible level for him.

5kj241S.png
Beowulf starts killing his past allies. This is notable as it makes perfect sense, unlike Jamka before.

jr3JLhE.pngxVhrjRC.png
With great killing comes great levels for the two swordfighters:
Aira:
STR - SPD - MDF

Holyn:
HP - SKL - STR - MAG - DEF

1fOeSSX.jpg
More like Holyn good level, eh? Amirite? No? Ooookay.

PHFj8n5.png
Another village is lost :(
With Levin nerfed and enemies buffed it's certainly harder to save them.

2entmoq.png
Level-up by healing:
SPD - MAG
She isn't getting strenght very often, which is strange.

cDJVThg.pngA0dazF1.pngjeL2uz1.png
More killing! Also, level-up for Beowulf:
HP - SKL - SPD - LCK
Good, good.

p73qQrB.png
And Fin is the first to attack sleepy guy.

OFDwd5g.png
The hitrate is awful, so much that he only hits one time out of four.

9wFMYXT.png
Lex hits fine tho.

0G2IM5J.png
Noish can only damage the guy with a critical, but he doesn't proc that. Still, he gets a level from trying:
HP - SKL - STR - DEF
Good! Some more 4-stats level-ups and he will redeem himself.

VskyNiQ.png
Sigurd gets a level-up too:
2 HP - SKL
I don't know if he will reach level 30, but he will probably cap that HP by the end of gen1.

oLTrwbc.png
And Alec gets lucky and hits with WTD. Hitting with the lance would have been worthless anyway.

QFcWRDs.png
Time to heal! Level-up for Aideen:
SKL - MAG - LCK

9whKikL.png
Yeah, sleepy lord healed too.

5rS6kPS.pnghTG07Ub.pngchnRgOX.png
He is finally defeated by Azel activating adept two times in a row and always hitting.
Level-up:
HP - MAG - DEF

And Anphony gets conquered!

1IDciTP.png
ilXMBLG.gif Lord Filat, it's good of you to come.

AzCSHTA.png
eK9aVVw.gif Incidentally, I've come with a bit of bad news.
ilXMBLG.gif Sir?
eK9aVVw.gif There's been some nasty rumours making the rounds in the Royal Court. It's going around that Prince Cuan of Lenster, King Eltshan of Nodion, and yourself are conspiring against His Majesty. They say that explains why you're hiding the Prince of Isaac.
ilXMBLG.gif That's absurd! Who could've started such a story!?
eK9aVVw.gif Duke Reptor and Lord Langobalt.
ilXMBLG.gif I see... Those two have had it in for my father for some time, but this has gone far enough.

Those dastards!

eK9aVVw.gif I believe they're put off by the way Prince Kurth goes to Lord Byron for everything. Once the prince ascends the throne, those two are sure to be ousted from their posts, and that has them worried. At any rate, I'd watch your back.
ilXMBLG.gif Thanks, I'll do that. Tell me, how are we faring in the Isaacian conflict?

eK9aVVw.gif We expect Prince Kurth and your father's triumphant return any day now.
ilXMBLG.gif I'm glad to hear His Highness made it through alright. My father sure worries about his safety. He fears the Royal Family's blood would be lost forever if anything were to happen to him.
eK9aVVw.gif Indeed. We've been trying to hasten his search for a bride as of late.
ilXMBLG.gif Huh? Is there any special reason for that?
eK9aVVw.gif Er... Well, only a select few at the Royal Court know this but... It seems His Highness is having problems letting go of a love from his past.
ilXMBLG.gif Really? Any reason the two never married?
eK9aVVw.gif Oh, I may as well tell you the whole story. This all took place nearly 20 years ago. The lovely duchess of Velthomer, a married woman mind you, fell for the prince. Now the duke of Velthomer was a reputed womaniser and had several lovers. The prince, however, was a straight arrow. Initially, the prince merely sympathised with the duchess, but then one day the two fell deeply in love. Now the duke lost his head. After writing a letter denouncing the two, he committed suicide. The duchess, clearly perplexed, disappeared without a trace. I believe her name was Cigyun.

Loooooooong.

ilXMBLG.gif Geez... I never knew. The duchess would have been Lord Alvis' mother, correct?
eK9aVVw.gif Precisely. Oh, what a pity... To lose both parents like that at the age of seven...
ilXMBLG.gif Poor Prince Kurth... and the duchess.
eK9aVVw.gif Oh, I'm sorry to run on and on. Soldiers like yourself have no time for Royal Court gossip. Just forget I said anything. I'm sure this conflict is keeping you plenty busy. Sir Sigurd, we anxiously await your return to the homeland!

With the end of that wall of text comes the end of this post. See ya next time!

Edited by Enaluxeme

Ok, this time I was just lazy.

Will I remember to fix Lex's hero axe? Will Noish get enough good level-ups to redeem himself? Will I stop making lame jokes? (spoiler for the last one: no)

[spoiler=not sure if this went good or bad]oxIlWFK.png

:Dozla: We've no choice but to fight. Get the ballistas in position. The Grandbell army must not reach Agusty!

Oh. So Clement is not actually a villain, he's neutral. Well, he's red now anyway.

y5mbKNW.png

8E7k4Fx.gifI must find Prince Levin as soon as possible! I'm only here because I heard you knew his whereabouts.

But Fury! The guy's ugly! He's clearly evil!

:Gonzales: Prince Levin's been captured by the Grandbell army... the very army that's currently invading Agustria. My sources tell me they are executing anybody and everybody they run across. The prince is being held at their base in Evans and, word is, is about to be executed.

8E7k4Fx.gifOh no! I must rescue the prince! We'll leave for Evans at once. Queen Lahna of Silesia warned me to keep out of combat, but this might be unavoidable. If I come across any Grandbell troops, I will engage them.

:Gonzales: Uhh... Hopefully it won’t come to that. May your mission be a success.

8E7k4Fx.gifAll right. We're off!

Y0ixFzG.png

Evil!

USQnDLI.png

Yeah, he needed to fix that.

PyapwBK.png

Ethlin goes to warp Levin to the base, everyone else goes towards Mackily.

vUsvyz8.png

Q9Wo8A5.gif T'is called an Iron Cutter. This sword'll pierce some of the toughest armour around. If ya can't use it, try sellin' it at the pawn shop. It should fetch a good price.

Old bald guy is a liar. That's actually a killer sword.

SsTKwpT.png

Not going for this pairing, but the bonuses are appreciated.

:Beowulf: Er... sorry. Beowulf's the name. I'm just a mercenary, ma’am.

Iv14uKx.gif So what do you want?

:Beowulf: Uh... I just came to tell you this is for real out here. This ain't no fun'n games. And you inexperienced types ain't makin' things easy for the rest of us. Besides, this ain't no place for a princess. Why don't you get on back to your castle?

Iv14uKx.gifWhere do you get off speaking to me like that!? What I do out here is no business of yours!

:Beowulf: Heh heh... Tough little cookie, ain't ya. Remind me a bit of Eltshan.

Iv14uKx.gifWait! You know my brother?

:Beowulf: Sure do. We go way back. Don't mean t'be so nosy, but he asked me t'check up on ya.

Iv14uKx.gifOh, I didn't realise. I'm sorry.

:Beowulf: S'alright. Eltshan also asked me t'teach you a bit about warfare. How 'bout it?

Iv14uKx.gifThat'd be great!

And there's no explanation whatsoever about how Beowulf and Eltshan met! :D

2 STR - 2 SKL - DEF

PzhxR6o.png

Mission accomplished. Levin istantly goes for the arena and gets two identical levels:

2 HP - 2 SKL - 2 SPD

BxIYFO6.png

Lachesis gets a level from healing around.:

Aww, c'mon!

DfHQSsM.png

Aideen uses the warp staff instead, because exp. Level-up:

HP

My healers don't like me.

4n9Q4Le.png

After all that waiting, looks like he will finally start fighting.

V6xzBTX.pngIEfF9Rz.png

Escept the guy ignores him. Jamka crits him for making his armored ally look like an idiot and gets a level-up:

HP - LCK - DEF

Good. If only his skill was better...

3sfGpDD.png

Defensive formation!

LrR3r5N.png

Deirdre sees some action and gets a level-up:

HP - MAG - MDF

8OxDP1p.png

Damn, I knew I forgot something.

GLmjpH5.png

HP - SKL - STR - SPD - LCK

tumblr_lvr97uwP7l1qibz0jo1_r1_500.png

fBA9OJN.pngDme2YyC.png

Gotta love canto.

Bow time!

UE2uuVo.pngQrn1752.pngkaPKCpE.pnggJCZuAd.png

Midir:
HP - SPD - LCK - MDF

Good one!

Ardan:
HP - STR - DEF

You are too predictable. Except not really since you somehow get magic some times.

I95hY6z.png

Levin has nothing to do. Poor bored Levin.

xN3mdJQ.png

Sweet healer on healer action. Level-up:

HP

Still doesn't like me.

hPefGHV.png

More ranged attacks.

nmNTK1b.pngMg8i5nA.png

The lance guys get a level each:

Cuan:
2 HP

Fin:
HP - SKL

They both aren't good.

fkC38dE.png

Doesn't change my plans, but exp on Dew is always welcome.

Ezk6hQS.png

Have to build some love points, right?

Po8uaRN.png

He decided to be killed by Holyn.

RiPvdfw.png

Please stop hating me.

HP - LCK

Little improvements, I guess.

fJCnABR.png

I'm stupid and used the return ring by mistake.

I guess she can help nerfed Levin a little.

y0b4kGX.png

Thanks to the long bow, I can take out these without endangering Fury, who I haven't even recruited yet.

oEAdPOp.png

The power of pursuit!

vTKHFqU.png

Cuan may need some healing.

Quzbvei.png

Ranged combat FTW!

iPPhxRz.png

Holyn kills a fellow swordfighter and gets a level from it:

2 HP - SKL - STR - SPD - MAG

kvuemWC.gif

MEQBTFk.png

The swordswoman gets a level too!

HP

... I guess balance has been restored in the universe.

O3XemVv.png

Deirdre is useful! Istant level-up:

HP - SKL - MAG - MDF

She's soo good.

dSmEGvo.png

The dancing girl is catching-up!

BDhnQYJ.pngK6KeGLY.png

They are pretty strong. Good thing I silenced one of them.

fR03JjU.png

The Eve brothers prove themselves useful once more.

Meanwhile, thousands of miles away...

MW1REaN.pngE2jkz1Z.png

Level-up for Levin, killing his own soldiers:

STR - SPD

That strenght was highly unlikely.

Kq01qor.png

How did you miss her!?

nCPgcOQ.png

More silencing people! Level-up:

HP - DEF - MDF

So good.

JXHi7EC.png

Another level from healing:

STR

Bad.

ioesH39.png

This used to be the only killable ballista, ah!

lnBaVqq.png

Charging. I must have forgotten about the shamans probably.

AtJZgIC.png

Sigurd, pls.

b0vWmM0.png

Longbow!

6NXcVvY.png

Please, get a good one this time:

HP - LCK

Nope.

sh4ScPR.png

So I did kill one of them. Level-up for Midir:

HP - SPD - DEF

Opponent's turn.

bGZrl7U.png

Stupid ballistas!

Deirdre's dream of promoting is over :(

3rDYWyp.png

Die, you dream-crushing fiend!

u8YH4Rd.png

Those 2 uses are enough.

XtHjn2h.pngIUOjbIw.pnggU2YqYn.png

Everybody gets one ride.

fjTmgMP.png

And he's done for.

ERAP60e.png

Wasted exp :(

vkCMUeh.png

:Carlyle: So take extra precaution!

ilXMBLG.gif Yeah, you're right. Just what is our boy Shagaal up to...

Man, I want to finish this chapter. I wonder if I'll ever reach gen 2 :blink:

[spoiler=Kicking Shagaal and kicking the bucket]YjE78Ig.pngCxTuRXG.png
:Gonzales: You! Manfroy!! Y... You're the one who told us what to do and it's all backfired! How are you going to fix this!?
op1Sz6k.gif I merely advised the removal of the king. He was getting in the way. I believe the rest is your doing. Wouldn't you agree?
:Gonzales: Damn. I just never imagined Sigurd's army would be this strong. Manfroy, help me... What should I do?
op1Sz6k.gifThere's still hope. If necessary we can make use of that rascal you're holding in the dungeon... Eltshan. Sigurd will listen to anything Eltshan's got to say. Now go and give him a formal apology.
:Gonzales: Er... okay. Yeah. I'll do that. Let's put him to some use.

b8UVm8C.png
This ain't even funny anymore, if it ever was.

u58ry2g.png
op1Sz6k.gifOnly one descendant remains of our old foe Narga, and he will die before long. Then all that's left is the revival of our Dark Lord. Then the world will be ours!
45eoVHR.gifHas Alvis consented to your proposal?
op1Sz6k.gifOf course he did. He's got Loputousu's blood flowing in his veins. And if that ever got out, they would burn him at the stake for being of Loptian descent. I just wonder if someone as arrogant as Alvis can keep quiet.
45eoVHR.gifAlright. Next we betray the king and once you become emperor…
op1Sz6k.gifThere's a bit more to it than that. To resurrect Lord Loputousu, we'll need not only Alvis but also that woman's daughter.

u0I3fKq.png
If I was a soldier, I'd prefer to be told to win for the motherland, not die...

UC8lNO3.pngrRRo7WZ.png
Free exp! Both for attacking and for healing her later.

Pd4v3Um.png
Sv51KY4.gif Ah, this getup? I'm doing the wandering bard thing. Whaddya think?
8E7k4Fx.gifWell, it's fine. But why? I heard Your Highness was being held prisoner in Evans, so I came as fast as I could.
Sv51KY4.gifMe? A prisoner of Evans? Ha! Who would've told you that?
8E7k4Fx.gifKing Shagaal of Agusty.
Sv51KY4.gifHa! Fury, m'girl... you’ve been had! It's nice of you to be so trustin', but you wouldn't last a day in the city! You'd get caught up with the wrong people... end up like Sylvia.
8E7k4Fx.gifLevin, who's Sylvia?
Sv51KY4.gifShe's... ah... Nevermind. Anyway, what are you doin' here again?
8E7k4Fx.gifObviously I'm here to take you back to Silesia! It's been nearly 2 years since you just up and left. Queen Rahna is a complete wreck. Please come back with me.
Sv51KY4.gifIf I go back, I have to succumb to the will of my late father and succeed the throne. But my uncles would never have it. One slip up and there'd be mutiny, like there is here. You know who suffers then? The people. Give the throne to somebody who can handle that. I like the freedom I have now. I've no use for the crown. Give it to one of my uncles.
8E7k4Fx.gifYou know that Silesian royalty claims direct lineage with the Wind God Holsety. That means you are the only one capable of succession. Only you can preserve the Silesian lineage. And the people wish it of you as well. Levin, the queen was in tears when I left. Please... Sniff... just come back with me.

Actually his uncles are his father's brothers, so they are part of the "direct lineage" thing...

Sv51KY4.gifFury, you're not gonna start cryin' on me too, are ya? Aghh! Give me a break. I've got a soft spot for cryin' chicks, ya know. Okay. I'll return once I've sorted some stuff out. Just let me rack my brain a bit, okay?
8E7k4Fx.gifOkay. Then please let me stay with you until you do return. I'll send word back to that you're unharmed.
Sv51KY4.gif You just don't take no for an answer, do ya? Well, I'm gonna hang a bit with Sir Sigurd. We hit it off. And his army's full of babes! You should get to know the girls... polish up your style a bit.
8E7k4Fx.gifEr... okay.
Sv51KY4.gifFury! I'm jokin'! Don't be so damn gullible. You really are a sweet girl. You put all the other girls to shame. Don't you change a thing, okay?
8E7k4Fx.gif Er... okay. Ah, no I...

I what, Fury?
Aaaaaanyway... Let's look at her stats:

p0O5Q3t.pngSdRRqge.png
50% 20% 10% 20% 30% 20% 30% 10%
Fury is basically the same from vanilla, but with slight buffs to her HPs and offensive stats and one point less in speed. The only noticeable difference is that her slim lance is now effective against armored knights.

XnpAWHw.png
With Deirdre knoked out, Aideen needs to fulfill her role. Dew gives her the money she needs to get the sleep staff.

A94Z2HA.png
He also gets a level in the process:
SKL - SPD
Pretty bad. But who cares, he just needs to get to level 20 anyway (wich is still a long way to go, but not impossible).

NksGQ0A.png
Ardan tries his luck at the arena and somehow menages to defeat the general, getting a level. Beowulf fights too. He doesn't defeat every opponent, but he gets a level-up too:
Ardan:
HP - SKL

Beowulf:
HP - STR

Maybe they exchanged growths or something...

VHskqoc.png
Aideen heals him and heals an almost-full-health Lex in the next turn, for exp:
HP - LCK
I don't care anymore. Just get to level 20 already.

2RUdfIA.png
Of course I made a defensive formation, and of course the Eve brothers screw it up.

xVSniBz.png
This time Lachesis gets a level from fighting:
STR - MAG - DEF
And a rather good one.

H8Tr5qN.png
And beowulf gets a level-up too:
HP - LCK

j1paeTR.png
... This is sad.

i1AT82U.png
If only their IA were better, they wouldn't try to suicide themselves so often.

rRVhXPQ.pngiWIbgy6.png
Nope.

189YDdQ.png
Luckily he doesn't kill anybody. He just damages Dew a little.

MFup5uf.png
This would be such a douchey thing to do...

dOs9Nra.png
Sylvia is useful!

ZhemSFY.png
Didn't they have 15% hit before? Doesn't matter.

aaMmyIz.png
Slim sword OP pls nerf.

WMUvuwk.png
I get the fact that they attack enemies in range, but they should use canto to retreat instead of charging. They force me to charge too since I want that knight ring.

rH92mF5.png
The killing begins with a level-up for Jamka:
HP - STR - SPD
Please, get some skill.

F8FoFUa.png
It's so easy for Noish to score criticals, I love it.

zZSNSyw.pngXCdO8X8.png
Level-up for the blonde mercenary and the blonde mercenary on the horse:
Holyn:
HP - SKL - STR - SPD

Beowulf:
HP - SPD - LCK - DEF
Another good level for Holyn, and Beowulf is just as good.

RsDFI90.png
I don't know why I did this, but it worked.

n4ZqwJ1.png
Alec can enjoy the use of his cutter, getting a level:
HP - SKL - SPD - MAG
Noish Nice.

Speaking of wich, knight level-up montage!

zzcpFF0.pnglLJiLj2.pngZD6HaYV.png
Sigurd:
HP - SKL - STR - DEF

Cuan:
HP

Fin:
HP - SPD - LCK - DEF - MDF

Cuan seems to be against the notion of getting good levels, but the other two make up for that; specifically Fin, since everyone else in gen 2 has insane growths.

zFKNVaD.png
D:
NOOOOOOOOooooooish is the first to kick the bucket.
Thankfully there's the Valkyrie staff and the Elite ring, he's gonna need both of them to catch up.

9emYBkZ.png
At least I can easily get rid of one of them. Level-up for Aideen:
HP - SPD - LCK
Oh, a decent one.

86mmUxJ.png
Fin manages to hit him on the second try.

aatWeZo.png6bDDYOJ.png
Time to finish the remaining troops. Aira and Azel get a level each:
Aira:
HP - SKL - DEF

Azel:

Azel, I am disappointed.

Srb4DwB.png
And that's the last of them.

r0dhYPm.png5prm3nj.pngcAV7raE.png
Lachesis and Aideen level-up by healing the NPCs, while Ardan attacks the sleeping mage getting the same effect:

Lachesis:
HP - LCK

Aideen:
HP - STR - LCK

Ardan:
HP - STR - MAG - DEF

All pretty good, except for Lachesis. I think Ardan wanted to be Sety's father. Since the growths listed here aren't up to date, it's also possible he just had his MAG growths buffed.

Before attacking Shagaal, Sylvia and Fury have some fun at the arena:

Fury (2 levels):
HP - STR - LCK

Sylvia:
HP - SPD - LCK

Fury isn't doing very well...

YRGdxVL.png

The charging begins.

Now brace for something unbelievably unlikely:

Q6O52eB.png

With 10% hitrate, Holyn hits, activates Luna...

QD4F5sG.png

And Shagaal blocks him.

Seriously, what are the odds?

2qff3rE.png

Another healing level for Ethlin. She's going to promote soon.

HP - SPD - DEF - MDF

Good one!

ItYQVql.png

More charging.

dh9R70K.png

Of course, this misses...

YJQGAfa.png

... but this doesn't!

AD93Ixp.png

I wouldn't...

008EJCU.png

Before seizing, some levels from healing and arena:

Aideen:
HP - STR - LCK - DEF - MDF

Beowulf:
HP - STR - LCK - DEF

Lachesis:
HP - STR - LCK - DEF

Yes! It wasn't that hard, was it?

axFZ08L.png

Generic rescuing conversation for generic love at first sight couple.

tqH0bzg.png

610dc040a37a8722cafbe3775e6c0cd7.jpg

:Yahn: It's a magical bracelet called the Knight Ring. It bestows repeated movement on the wearer. I’m sure it'll come in handy. Take care of yourself!

w4rqmBd.png

ilXMBLG.gif I heard someone pulled him from the battlefield, but who was it?

KCQt9gw.png

77R4BMX.gif I don't care what he's done. He's still my master, and I can't sit back and let him die.

ilXMBLG.gifEltshan!? You're not hurt! What a relief! I heard you'd been captured. We've been looking for you.

77R4BMX.gifYeah, I managed somehow. Sigurd, what's going on here? Your army has gained control of the capital city, and I hear that Grandbell has dispatched officials to each of our castles. You're treating us just like we were a tributary state. Did Grandbell take occupation of Agustria while I was away!? Your answer better be good, Sigurd!

ilXMBLG.gifI know, Eltshan. It doesn't make any sense to me either. But, you aside, all of the lords of Agustria suddenly became hostile towards Grandbell. For the time being, I've been ordered to stay put so as to maintain public order. Eltshan, please... Just give me one year. By then the peace should be restored as well as Grandbell's and Agustria's relationship. And then we'll leave Agustria. Our king has given me his word on this.

77R4BMX.gifHmm... Really? Well, I'll take your word for it. Okay. You've got one year. Until then, I'll be up north at Madino Castle protecting my lord. I've also got the Cross Knights stationed up at Fort Silvail.

YgBRXxP.png

Woah! Calm down, buddy!

77R4BMX.gifSigurd, you break your promise and you can count on that! You got me!?

ilXMBLG.gif Of course! I give you my word. Eltshan, trust me!

And this is it, finally! Next time: the first promotions!

Of course, Shin himself posts telling me to keep up and my reaction is to stop uploading. Bah.

Anyway, I'm at chapter 5 now and Brigid and Fury don't want to cooperate in marrying the right guys. Turns out I was using the jealousy system wrong through all of chapter 3 and 4.

I still can get the right pairings by just killing everyone else...

As for the next update; today, maybe tomorrow. We have a lot of chapter starting chatting to read!

Okay, as promised, here's the update!

[spoiler=Chapter start: arena, promotions and chatting]So, the only thing worth mentioning about the introduction of this chapter is that Grandbell sent some officers to control the other castles conquered in the last chapter, leaving Augustria to Sigurd, who actually wanted to return Augustria's government to Shagaal.

But Shagaal is stupid and wants to remind everybody he's one of the bad guys, so this happens instead:

lSXADb4.png

:Gonzales: This is our last chance to take back Agusty! Look at them... Making themselves at home in MY country! I can only be pushed so far. They're going to pay dearly for this! Jacoban! Where's my swordsman... Jacoban!?

6tQr6kY.png

:Delmud: Well, s'boring job, but the pay's good. Anyone that gets in my face is gettin' my Thunder Sword!

:Gonzales: That's the spirit, Jacoban! We're counting on you.

:Delmud: Hmm... Eltshan's in Silvail. I wonder what his next move'll be...

I don't get why would a mercenary like Jacoban even care about Eltshan, but ok...

fwejcYo.png

He wanted to visit Sigurd for that wine they talked about.

:Innes: Aaah... I can't fight Sigurd. What to do... What to do...

KeiH8vA.png

I'm cool with castles in Augustria looking the same, but the hideout of the pirates looks more like a glorified hut from the outside.

:Nils: I reckon th' villages'll be ours fer th' takin'. We couldn't lay a hand on 'em with th' Agustrian army always 'round, but now it'll be a cinch!

:Louise:Dobarl, enough! I won't allow any such nonsense! I've got a creed to uphold, and pilfering is no part of it. We Orgahill Pirates are known for giving to the poor, not taking from them!

Who do you think you are, female Robin Hood? Wait... Oh...

5cX96eg.png

:Gilliam: That woman? She ain't th' late cap'n's daughter, I'll have ya know. The cap'n picked 'er up when she was a wee lit'le t'ing and raised 'er here on this island. But no one 'as told 'er. So she t'inks she's runnin' t'ings. T'is nothin' t'worry 'bout, mate. Well, 'nough said. Let's go a treasure huntin'!

This makes me wonder what the captain was like. Was he a kind person? If he was, why his crew isn't? If he wasn't, why did he raised Brigid?

XgV8EMJ.png

Because he's the bad guy, and you have to kill him.

ilXMBLG.gifEltshan... What in the world is going on...

:Carlyle: And in the midst of all this, the Orgahill Pirates have begun to move.

ilXMBLG.gifReally? Well, we've no choice. Prepare to attack!

I officially stopped wondering how do people know about things happening what's supposedly long distances away. They get to know the pirates are attacking before they even reach the villages.

dnHE8QW.png

ilXMBLG.gifSomeone has to stay behind with our baby boy.

pUgIFgx.gif…Yes, I know.

As for the children of everyone else, they are born sometime, somewhere. And no one gets pregnant, they just sort of pop out of nowhere.

ilXMBLG.gifDeirdre, don't be so down... I promise I'll be back as soon as I can! Shanan, help me out. I need you to look after Deirdre and Celice.

8fNc8Uw.png

This is how Shanan become a sword master: he practiced by killing flies before they could reach Celice.

ilXMBLG.gif Deirdre, I hope that'll put you a bit at ease. Don't you worry. This isn't forever.

pUgIFgx.gifSigurd...

Now, this is the full squad. Notice the missing Noish:

ujsgrHq.png

Good news! Some characters reach level 20 and promote!

H3H6vxi.png

As always, Lex is the first to promote, here are the stat gains:

4 SKL - 4 STR - 2 SPD - 4 DEF - 4 MDF

He also gets B Lances! He's going to only use the Hero Axe regardless.

UOgo2fh.png

Thanks to the Elite Ring she stole from Voltz, Aira gets a promotion too:

5 SKL - STR - 5 SPD - 5 MAG - DEF - 2 MDF

She gains no weapon ranks, obviously, but she makes up for that with Adept.

qioGfya.png

And the mounted healbot who can actually also fight promotes too!

4 SKL - 4 STR - 3 SPD - 2 MAG - 4 DEF - 4 MDF

She also gains B Lances and... C Axes? Odd. She really doesn't need that.

Everyone's gains in the arena!

[spoiler=Spoilerception because it's soooo long]kUBYLxf.png

Sigurd (4 levels):
5 HP - 2 SKL - 3 STR - SPD - 2 LCK

As always, he gets 3+ stats a level. He would really need some more speed tho...

vkEsBLa.png

Alec (2 levels):
2 HP - SKL - SPD - 2 LCK - 2 DEF - 2 MDF

He got 2 godly levels, and I haven't even rigged them. Gotta thank the Cutter + Slayer combo for the wins.

uIHcyEk.png
Ardan (4 levels):
4 HP - SKL - MAG - DEF

Those levels don't seem very good, but I think he reaches STR and DEF caps. I'm actually going to promote him!

NHLKUxU.png
Fin (2 levels):
2 HP - SKL - 2 DEF

2 levels and he didn't get LCK? What kind of sorcery is this? Anyway, the Arena was a joke for him.

N26JSNY.png
Cuan (2 levels):
2 HP - 2 STR - DEF - MDF

He's using that steel sword more than I thought he would. Also, decent level-ups.

ITCCHBe.png
Midir (2 levels):
2 HP - 2 SPD

He's a pain to train, and his stats aren't even worth it. He's supposed to be more skilled than Jamka, yet he never got 1 point in that stat, I think.

lbgk86E.png
Levin (2 levels):
HP - 2 SKL - SPD

I think Shin has something against Levin. He's still so underleveled! Anyway, he doesn't even want to cooperate and get some stats other than SPD and SKL.

zLQrbub.png

Holyn (2 levels):
2 HP - SKL - STR - SPD - LCK

Aw, I'm so sorry he isn't getting laid... If only he had a conversation with someone other than Aira.

EH18O52.png
Azel (3 levels):
2 HP - 2 SKL - SPD - MAG - 2 DEF

Azel got surprisingly good levels all around.

YA8DlXy.png
Jamka (4 levels):
3 HP - 3 STR - 2 SPD - LCK - 2 DEF

You are awesome, Jamka, but please, get some skill.

I don't know why I bought him a silver bow, the killer one is just fine.

Pyu2DCo.png

Beowulf (2 levels):
2 HP - SKL - STR

With 0 penalty to his AS and a chance to crit, he still had troubles in the arena :/

gr6iTiY.png

Lex (5 levels):
3 HP - 2 SKL - STR - 2 SPD - LCK - 2 DEF

He isn't getting much strenght, oddly. Good enough levels, though.

CMQXJ43.png

Dew (3 levels):
2 HP - 3 SKL - 2 LCK

Mediocre levels. Next time he's going to have the Wind Sword to help him, he'll be promoted before the end of Gen 1.

i2A4gjb.png
Ethlin (3 levels):
2 HP - SKL - 2 LCK

She still gets bad level-ups, but she's godly.

8LyUdwh.png
Lachesis (2 levels):
2 HP - STR - SPD - LCK

Nice levels! Her stats are so high she had no problems in the arena, and she's helpful before promotion too.

Most of all, her strenght is amazing, extremely helpful with the brave Thief Sword.

mlVzKjf.png

Aira (4 levels):
4 HP - 3 SKL - STR - SPD

I don't need to comment on her.

3X81Bqs.png
Fury (2 levels):
HP - STR - LCK - DEF

Fury is struggling, both in and out of the arena. Sure, WT control kinda makes up for her low stats, but I can't help but feel that since everyone else has been buffed, she was left behind, even more than Levin and, to a degree, Sigurd.

rGgyYr7.png
Sylvia (2 levels):
HP - 2 LCK - MDF

She managed to win some matches in the arena! The resulting levels aren't really good...

7eWF3S9.png

Soon...

And, out of the spoiler because it's important:

kz9TZ63.png

Deirdre (4 levels):
2 HP - 3 SKL - DEF - 3 MDF

She's so good! I think Julia/Yuria will max most of her stats on promotion

It's a pity she only got to level 17, I would have liked to see her as a sage (she probably looks exactly like her daughter).

Now, leaving the castle, everyone! And by everyone I mean everyone except Deirdre.

ND6xAko.png

82NjocO.gif Why me? You should be using this.

She has a point. In vanilla FE4, Holyn activating luna with a hero sword meant instant win, much like activating astra with an effective weapon.

:Beowulf: I've a feeling things are going to get nasty here soon. Besides, anyone who fights like you could use a couple extra swords. Keep yourself well protected. I may not always be here to defend you.

82NjocO.gif Holyn, thank you. I'll cherish this sword!

She is much more bitchy with Lex. Poor Lex.

lqflRl9.png

Here we go, defensive formation. Fin and Alec went west to meet with a group of Iron Lance Cavaliers.

Sylvia got a level from dancing for them:

LCK - MDF

I know you can give me more, Sylvia!

hBcmKfF.png

A new enemy! It uses a purple, weaponless armour as battle animation and the scrapped Soldier map sprite. Curious how the soldier's lance looks like a staff of some sorts: this new enemy uses Anima magic but I think he doesn't use staves.

nk2Wuz5.png

Lachesis can't kill'em, but she can weaken one of them and steal his (her?) gold.

NVKojCs.png

Oh, right, Knight Ring.

F6spRy7.png

So, usually mages are squishy, so you can kill them in one hit or in one round, than heal the unit you used. In this case however, A Long Bow is basically the only safe way.

4SJ9UV8.png

Ok, the Silver Bow can be useful. It's damage output is more reliable than the Killer Bow. If only Jamka had more SKL: he can't get 100% hitrate even against an armored unit!

9Z9eoqX.png

Rant over, enjoy the magic advantage.

PYNMu2W.png

And brave weapon with 100% accuracy.

vBdImJ2.png

Gotta make these two a couple.

7LdpqNy.png

And these two.

JycJteJ.png

Don't be afraid, attack! You are going to die even if you don't °v°

MtjkBFE.png

Quan kills the first axe-weilding swordfighter (this makes total sense) and levels:

HP - SKL

I'm starting to hate you. You are one of the few Gen 1 characters with good stats, dammit.

1PRz5G9.png

Midir's turn to level-up:

STR

You are still worthless as a unit. You may be good as a dad, but I'm glad you are not on my list.

a54AMqR.png

Show them a true swordfighter, Holyn!

UIiNWd0.png

See? Fury can't one-round them while doubling with a 11 might weapon.

Opponent's turn.

QG2kdXn.png

This one attacks Fin, the others chose to attack Alec.

S0SEXk8.png

She can solo this group. Probably her husband and brother too.

NK1Prbs.png

Jealousy?

P3FD3AY.png

Effective weapon so pro.

a1dOL2s.png8m3PEWz.pngy1P89VT.png

Meanwhile Fury and Holyn take on the captain.

adc0gzc.png

Then mages come.

F2BH6tM.png

Speaking of mages, Ethlin doesn't need to worry. Why do they even bother to attack?

1yqutD1.pngFrWMpnh.png

Beo and Lex save villages!

CMrfum8.png

I didn't remember there was a staff here. I know one village gives you the Clipper Sword and another gives a bonus to strenght. Well, he's going to sell the thing.

K50epUg.png

Aideen gets another level from healing:

HP - SKL - LCK - MDF

Good. Now only one more...

HlX4gOO.png

HOLYN SMASH.

mJoHjif.png

Aww, c'mon. He's the only one who didn't kill a mage in 1 hit:

NmfH8Yf.pngMgtcD40.png

Anyway, with those enemies taken care of, it's time to attack Madino.

Edited by Enaluxeme

Damn, I knew I forgot something!
I didn't remember to add the emoticons. I can't even do that now, since I won't be at home for some 6 hours or so :/

EDIT: Also I called Ethlin a "spambot" instead of a healbot. Fixed both.

Edited by Enaluxeme

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I should really update that let's play thing...

Something something something: something! Something, something...

Something?

Something!

[spoiler=Something]Somet On to Madino we go!

btJuq59.png

Some characters are strategically placed to be attacked, while Ethlin makes her way through the trees.

Those mages will chase her because they desperately want some attention. Or to die, one or the other.

wvJ8DIv.png

Midir. Never a joy.

jhviVEH.png

Cuan. See last comment.

Zmav66d.png

I was just trying to weaken the guy, planning an healing from Etlin...

Og4FyWx.png

But I can't complain that Jamka is an awesome unit.

f6Ugtdk.png

If only GBA dancers were so useful...

7DMY4yC.png

Grab the money, grab the exp, grab everything! Level-up:

HP - MAG - LCK - DEF

YES.

60WMEgn.png

Dew is not the only one stealing around.

hrkCncz.pngmhwr8Yb.pngnTZqUPs.pngRz1WLOq.pngTtsL7RA.png

Other people are killing stuff.

aNidHb3.png

And Levin even gets a level:

HP - SKL - SPD

You are a mage, Levin. You may actually want to get some MAG sometime. I think effing Ardan got more MAG levels than you.

2jR1LZs.png

'course, the opponents pass their turn killing themselves.

ErlcEJp.png

I help them in the next turn.

RBdptRG.png

Staffbot gets yet another level from healing:

HP - SKL - STR - DEF

And I like it.

ePaQFzc.png

Her older associate doesn't fare as well:

STR

She is pretty much set, tho.

apARwQU.png

For me? Why, thank you!

NXeeuXQ.png

Unfortunately, he wasn't giving us a present, and he's also pretty good (actually it's just the castle, this game's boosts are huuuuge)

Anyway, level-up for Sigurd:

HP - SKL - LCK

Thankfully your wife has some decent speed growth to help your son.

hnoqXDD.png

Uh... Nope.

yZqOnoa.png

Sure, why not?

+3 STR for Fury.

She needed that: with her being untouched and everything else being buffed, it's no surprise that she fell behind.

aNo8xXY.png

I'm not sure if she missed of she isn't fast enough to double that guy. Still, she gets a level:

HP - SPD - LCK

Good enough.

qBHlORB.png

Why do such things keep happening?

W879GTM.png

Aaand he's dead.

r54SOxh.png

Ayra's collection of swords increases, but this one doesn't meet her tastes.

With her low MAG, a Fire Sword would be the only magic sword worth using with her, but I don't think there's any in Gen1.

qoSCwa1.png

I don't want to waste this exp.

FK7jWUn.png

And with this...

JBRsqh6.png

Ayra's collection of effective swords is complete!

R7zl9XD.png

Now we can seize. We had no chatting the whole update, gotta fix that.

M0CO9rB.png

ilXMBLG.gif Eltshan's Cross Knights are all that's left of Agustria's military might... If they'd just lower their swords, this'd all be over with.

3lNwfVE.pnguHnrty6.png

:Natasha: Someone murdered Prince Kurth while he was returning from the Isaac campaign.

Meh, I'm not pairing Aideen and Claude anyway.

ilXMBLG.gif Somebody what!? Who would do such a thing?

:Natasha: Well, Lord Vylon was always seen at Prince Kurth's side. But since the murder, he's disappeared. I hate to say this, but... There's suspicion that your father committed the murder.

ilXMBLG.gif What!? That's inconceivable!

:Natasha:There are all kinds of nasty rumours cropping up in Grandbell. The most prevalent one is that you and Lord Vylon conspired to kill the prince. His Majesty's became so overwhelmed by it all that he's fallen terribly ill.

ilXMBLG.gif Kurth confided in my father for everything. What could my father gain from his death!? What about the two dukes who opposed the prince, Leptor and Langobalt? I'd suspect them.

:Natasha:I also thought so, but there's no evidence on either one of them. And the Leptor faction currently has control of the Royal Court.

ilXMBLG.gif How about His Majesty's aide, Lord Alvis? What does he make of all of this?

Yup, that's the best person to trust, Sigurd. (To be fair, I would trust Alvis too, he seems like a capable leader and not that bad of a guy)

:Natasha:I'm not sure. I don't think he's bitter towards you, but I can't say he's on your side either.

ilXMBLG.gif Is that right? Geez... My poor father. Aagh! I wish I could go straight home, but I have orders from His Majesty to guard this area. Claude, what should I do?

:Natasha:I'm currently on my way to Blagi Tower. It's on the island just northwest of here. I'm of Blagi descent. If I pray at our holy tower, the truth will be revealed to me.

c23ugkT.png

Tiltyu, you are not black.

ilXMBLG.gif Hey, you're Tiltyu from Freege, right? What're you doing here with Father Claude?

:Tinny:I can't have him wanderin' around out here all alone. So I'm protectin' him.

And that's a good thing. For some reason, the guy doesn't want to bring a tome with him.

ilXMBLG.gif ...But you're Duke Reptor's daughter, right?

:Tinny: Look, all that fightin' stuff's beyond me. Besides, I'm in love with the priest, you see!

:Natasha:I'm at a loss with this child... Well, once I know the truth, I'll rendezvous with your troops. I hope we can return to the homeland together.

ilXMBLG.gif Me too, Claude. Thank you so much for everything!

See ya!

I mean...

Something something!

Edited by Enaluxeme

JBRsqh6.png

Ayra's collection of effective swords is complete!

I just now realized she doesn't have the cutter yet. It's an easy fix.

I have nothing else to say, so take this:

[spoiler=The forgotten phlebotinum and the Lion King]SYqgd3I.png

pUgIFgx.gif That's why I need ask you to watch over him.

:Sedgar: No way! I can't look after a baby all by myself.

pUgIFgx.gifPlease... I'll be right back. Would you just do this for me, Shanan? Please?

:Sedgar:Yeah... alright. Whatever, I'll do it. But you better be back quick!

pUgIFgx.gifThank you, Shanan. Celice, I'm sorry, babe. Mummy'll be right back, 'k?

So she leaves, forgetting to tell Shanan where the diapers are.

And in fact, something shitty happens.

PIcDoB0.png

pUgIFgx.gifHuh? Who are you? And how do you know my mother's name?

op1Sz6k.gif Heh heh heh... Prepare for your rebirth. Once we erase all your memories, we shall introduce you to your new husband. There's no use fighting it. This is destined to be.

pUgIFgx.gifW, what... are you d-d-doing? St, stop it!! Aghhh... S, Sig... urd...

pegFyYU.png

Nope, no use trying to flee.

Sandima completely wipes out Deirdre's memories, with no effort at all. Thinking about it, this must be the best spell ever: just use it on your enemies and thay won't know they are opposing you in the first place! Besides, Deirdre seems stunned for a time long enough to be easily killed. It sure is fortunate Sandima won't use that spell against the player. Ever.

By the way... Alec, Fin? Can't you give an hand or something?

w578VT8.png

Guess not.

Ah, but there's good news too! Kinda!

ZhVE6V8.png

Azel and Aideen got together!

Guess no conversation with Tiltyu for Azel. Not like that's going to matter, with his children getting 40% bonus HP growth from the holy bloods.

1vL2pjl.pngzTQORRu.png

I must have taken that second screenshot for reasons I don't remember.

:Gonzales: You got a problem with that? My father'd be so disappointed with you. A true knight doesn't sneak around stalling for time!

Nope. But a true lion king does the best for his people, in this case that would be to dethrone you.

77R4BMX.gif You're not even listening to me! Look, I... hmph. Okay, I'll get my men ready. I'll let you know I'm proud to be a Holy Knight of Agustria. If I'm to die, I'll die fighting. Your Majesty, please watch over Silvail while I'm gone.

94FtwjZ.png

77R4BMX.gifI cannot begin to tell you what your years of loyalty has meant to me... This battle will determine the fate of our nation. Give it all you've got. Cross Knights, ATTACK!!

BPOE73x.png

Gee, you really whant the player to hate you, uh?

:Gonzales:I'm taking command here! The rest of you strengthen your defense of the castle!

GJgCq2s.png

Ugh, I hope Fury can get to that pirate fast enough.

n6CzMdQ.png

Level-up by healing!

HP

Seriously?

Xkv6pLe.png

Oooohh, no. Where is he going anyway?

So, this is where I sould put a screenshot with the crossknights approaching, but I didn't take it, so here's a cute kitty instead:

tumblr_nf8tn3B7S11u3abkpo1_1280.jpg

92JbBSz.pngEruIsdk.pngQQblvsQ.png

As you can see, the knights themselves are a joke. Here's Fin's level, by the way:

STR

Fin, you will be around during Gen2, you are supposed to be good by then.

HhBgCVk.png

During opponent's turn, they all gang up on Beo... All of them...

PVkmnvK.png

It's him! Lion king Eltshan!

l52nF4r.png

The fact that Eltshan didn't say a word to Beowulf makes me think they weren't really friends and he lied to get his sister's attentions.

And that's completely 100% canon.

NbzxNvy.png

ilXMBLG.gif I still have every intention of handing over Agustria. Please, I just need a little more time!

77R4BMX.gif... Sigurd, I've heard enough. It's just you and I on the battlefield now. Two knights fighting with grace and honour. But I'm not about to fall with the Mistolteen at my side... 'Til death!

Zc9BIOw.png

The rest of the turn goes smoothly, with Ayra doing some tricks and getting a level:

HP - LCK - DEF

Good, considering she has maxed SKL

UBW0FGw.pngpgKFOxd.png

I even poke Eltshan for free exp. Level-up for Ardan:

HP - SPD

I think he maxed something. He's turning out amazing.

DXObNJY.png

Iv14uKx.gif You can't fight Sir Sigurd! Is betraying one's friends a part of the honour of being a knight!? Eltshan, please! (sob...) Trust him! Can't you hold off your attack just a little bit longer?

As any proper lady, Lachesis mastered the art of crying at will.

77R4BMX.gifI don't want to see you cry, but I have no other way out of this! If Shagaal is defeated, Agustria will fall as well.

Iv14uKx.gifThat’s not true! If Shagaal withdrew his troops, Sir Sigurd would also back out of this. Please, talk with King Shagaal. He can't ignore the commander of the Cross Knights.

77R4BMX.gif... Okay... I'll give it one more shot. I'd rather risk my life for my friend than this crazy war. That is the way of the knight. Lachesis, this sword is for you.

Iv14uKx.gifIsn't this the Earth Sword!? Eltshan, I can't take this from you!

77R4BMX.gifLachesis, keep it as a memento from me... just in case. Now you be careful!

Iv14uKx.gifWa-wait! Eltshan!!

Rjm8DmH.png

77R4BMX.gifYou will get Agustria back someday. I'm certain of it.

:Gonzales:Eltshan, you imbecile! Now what are you babbling about!? I knew it! You ARE in cahoots with the enemy! Somebody! Seize this traitor! Off with his head! We'll make an example out of him!

77R4BMX.gifI should've known this wouldn't go well. This will mark the end of Agustria too I'm afraid...

:Gonzales:You contriving little fool! Take his head off right here!

77R4BMX.gifLachesis...

bReng8A.pngyqo4F3O.pngkJWVl1W.pngKsL4Nno.pngBYAR4LX.png

With Eltshan out of the way, clearing the cross knights is an easy work.

Azel:

MAG

Sylvia:

HP - SPD - LCK

Jamka:

HP - STR

Pretty standard levels for these three, but Jamka is now level 20, which is good!

Until next time!