Rezzy

Always good to receive confirmation!

How old is Leo? :)

He'll be 2 in July. I'm still waiting for him to behave like the adult he technically is.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha!

Ooh, so much fun to come. 2 was a really great age for me! 3 and now 4 is tougher, although of course every age has its lows and highs. 2 years is a great gap, too.

Haha!

Ooh, so much fun to come. 2 was a really great age for me! 3 and now 4 is tougher, although of course every age has its lows and highs. 2 years is a great gap, too.

We're planning on 2-3 years between each. I'm tempted to just see what happens without any sort of planning, but so far, we've gotten pregnant on the first month after just stopping any preventative measures to see what happened.

We'd probably end up like my grandparents, who had 9 kids.

Nah, that's a smoke screen to lull parents into a false sense of security. ;)

Three year olds are threenagers and a four year old is a fournado, and those are very apt... Then again I hear 5 and 6 year olds can be worse. But really, every age has its plus and minuses.

My son's a good boy most of the time, but I can definitely see more tantrums as he nears two. It's also a lot harder to get pictures of him, because he's always moving. I guess I can show a couple pictures of my little guy. He just got a hair cut.

[spoiler=The Best Gen 2 unit pre haircut]1Q9Urcr.jpg?1

[spoiler=Post hair cut] 03Ibmre.jpg?1

Aww, he's adorable! I love how his hair is still wavy even when short. :)

Thanks! I'm not sure if it's shallow of me, but I hope Est has my hair color, too. I just think little blondies/redheads are so cute.

He's so adorable :3

I didn't know that children were very prone to tantrums :O The ones I've been around were very well behaved.

Oh, and congratulations! :3

I didn't know that children were very prone to tantrums :O The ones I've been around were very well behaved.

Not sure if joking, but I'll take you at your word. My son's well behaved about 90% of the time, but every kid is going to throw tantrums at this age, so if you haven't seen one, you haven't been around them long enough. Even the best of parents can only do so much to prevent them.

No offense intended if you were being serious.

Haha, none taken :)

To be fair though, I'm only saying this from my experience with my younger brother and cousins. I can't say the same for them now, they're quite the handful now!

Since my son has two parents with varying shades of red hair, does that make him the Ginger Bred Man?

Huh? Your hair looks blonde to me, not red. o.O Maybe it's the camera quality. But yeah, I don't see many cute little boys out there, you're one of the lucky ones that does have one!

Don't be surprised if your girl has a different hair color than you or the dad though. I don't have either of my parents' hair colors. They did start out blonde, but both are dark haired now (my mom is brunette, my dad is black haired) and I'm still blonde. Though I'm not nearly as blonde as I was when I was little, I will admit that. I used to be nearly a bleach blonde, now I'm a dirty blonde.

Huh? Your hair looks blonde to me, not red. o.O Maybe it's the camera quality. But yeah, I don't see many cute little boys out there, you're one of the lucky ones that does have one!

Don't be surprised if your girl has a different hair color than you or the dad though. I don't have either of my parents' hair colors. They did start out blonde, but both are dark haired now (my mom is brunette, my dad is black haired) and I'm still blonde. Though I'm not nearly as blonde as I was when I was little, I will admit that. I used to be nearly a bleach blonde, now I'm a dirty blonde.

Yeah, my hair's closer to the blonde side of the spectrum, but there's still a bit of red in there. It really depends on the lighting.

That's my scalp hair anyway, all my hair below the eyebrows is red. If I were a cat, I'd be a calico.

Both my parents have dark hair, too. My mom has brown hair and my dad, black. My sister has light brown hair.

Edited by Rezzy

Strawberry-blonde! I love it.

With two light-haired parents, though, I'd be surprised to see a kid's hair darken.

Now, my son? He's super blond right now, but I have dark brown hair and my husband has brown hair, so I'm expecting it to darken, probably before he starts school.

It's *possible* that you've just encountered very unusual children!

According to my mother, I never threw tantrums, and was so well-behaved she could take me anywhere, any time. Along came my brother and he was precocious and also very well-behaved. Fortunately kids #3, 4, 5 and 6 set her straight. ;)

Certainly a lot is nature, not nurture. I've used the same parenting approach with both my kids and they could not be more different. The only similarities are that they are extremely stubborn, confident and bad sleepers. (Considering my husband and I are both shy, easy-going and love our sleep, we're wondering how on earth that happened.) But otherwise they are like chalk and cheese.

Yeah, believe me, some kids will throw tantrums like crazy. I was a tantrum kid, though it was due to my undiagnosed-at-the-time autism.

My little cousin though, I've never seen her throw tantrums. My niece might be a different story, I'm not sure since I've not seen her nearly as much, but yeah.

And yeah, strawberry/cherry blonde is nice! Though one reason I like it may be because a certain fictional detective I love has that hair color (Nancy Drew). lol

Strawberry-blonde! I love it.

With two light-haired parents, though, I'd be surprised to see a kid's hair darken.

Now, my son? He's super blond right now, but I have dark brown hair and my husband has brown hair, so I'm expecting it to darken, probably before he starts school.

It's *possible* that you've just encountered very unusual children!

According to my mother, I never threw tantrums, and was so well-behaved she could take me anywhere, any time. Along came my brother and he was precocious and also very well-behaved. Fortunately kids #3, 4, 5 and 6 set her straight. ;)

Certainly a lot is nature, not nurture. I've used the same parenting approach with both my kids and they could not be more different. The only similarities are that they are extremely stubborn, confident and bad sleepers. (Considering my husband and I are both shy, easy-going and love our sleep, we're wondering how on earth that happened.) But otherwise they are like chalk and cheese.

I may have been misrepresenting my son's behavior by saying his tantrums are more frequent. His true tantrums have been few and far between. It's mostly just been pouting and crying for the most part, when he does anything at all. I actually get complimented quite often on how well behaved he is.

Yeah, believe me, some kids will throw tantrums like crazy. I was a tantrum kid, though it was due to my undiagnosed-at-the-time autism.

My little cousin though, I've never seen her throw tantrums. My niece might be a different story, I'm not sure since I've not seen her nearly as much, but yeah.

And yeah, strawberry/cherry blonde is nice! Though one reason I like it may be because a certain fictional detective I love has that hair color (Nancy Drew). lol

I'm curious about how your hair looks, now. The picture that you had in the Serenes Picture Thread is no longer there. If you don't feel like posting again, no worries. I was hesitant to post mine, but I take terrible pictures.

Oh, I certainly didn't think your son was poorly behaved! I'm sure he's very well behaved. :) My daughter throws tantrums at home on a somewhat regular basis, but overall she's a good kid. Tantrums are typical, and healthy, generally.

Just that (at least according to my mother, here) my brother and I were freakishly obedient, and never, ever threw tantrums. And I don't think that was necessarily healthy - I've really struggled with self-confidence and anxiety my entire life, and it's taken me literally years to get over certain events from the past. My daughter, tantrums and all, so far seems a lot more emotionally healthy than I am.

I'm curious about how your hair looks, now. The picture that you had in the Serenes Picture Thread is no longer there. If you don't feel like posting again, no worries. I was hesitant to post mine, but I take terrible pictures.

It isn't? Huh. Well, this is the most recent pic of me I can find. It's from Christmas 2015.

12507400_10208703061036173_4531283350692

I don't like my expression, I feel like I'm going "yeah sure, whatever" more than "awesome!" but I like the pic otherwise. My hair's been wavy and dirty blonde for as long as I can remember. Btw, your Avatar looks a lot like my Pokemon Trainer Club trainer pic. :P

It isn't? Huh. Well, this is the most recent pic of me I can find. It's from Christmas 2015.

12507400_10208703061036173_4531283350692

I don't like my expression, I feel like I'm going "yeah sure, whatever" more than "awesome!" but I like the pic otherwise. My hair's been wavy and dirty blonde for as long as I can remember. Btw, your Avatar looks a lot like my Pokemon Trainer Club trainer pic. :P

Pretty hair, and yeah, my current avatar's from the Pokemon Trainer Club. If I ever produce something decent enough, myself, I might make that my avatar.

As I mentioned before a few times, I've struggled with OCD pretty much my whole life, but parenthood has affected it in weird ways. My particular brand manifests in a few ways, I compulsively recheck my alarm clock to make sure I set it correctly, and I often have to go back and make sure I locked my front door, after I get into my car, but my biggest thing is I'm a bit of a germaphobe. I always carry hand sanitizer with me, and I'll never sit on a public toilet without putting a buffer layer of toilet paper down first.

At work, I have to handle all sort of nasty stuff, but I can wear gloves there.

Something funny happened when my son was born though. His bodily fluids and stuff doesn't bother me. Poop and pee, yeah, that is still gross, but it always will be, even my own. I don't know, maybe it's because he's 50% me, but his spit, boogers, and even vomit to an extant don't gross me out at all. I'll reach into his mouth to pull something out that he's tried to eat, and I don't feel the need to wash my hands afterwards. If I did that ungloved with anyone else, my hand would assume the paralyzed "can't use it until I wash it" mode. I've always loved babies, but even then I'd need to wash my hands after handling them.

Oh well, I just felt like sharing. I try not to discuss it with my family, since they aren't always the most understanding bunch when it comes to my OCD, so I don't bring it up at all very often.

Edited by Rezzy

Huh, that is pretty odd, but my guess is that it has something to do with your link/attachment/bond with your child. You know what I mean? You can tolerate it more because he's your kid, your little boy that you love so much and all.

Huh, that is pretty odd, but my guess is that it has something to do with your link/attachment/bond with your child. You know what I mean? You can tolerate it more because he's your kid, your little boy that you love so much and all.

That's probably it. It's just such a weird feeling. It's the only time I've come into contact with body fluids that were not my own, and didn't feel the immediate need to go clean myself up afterwards, even with parents, family, or romantic partners.