Why the release in Europe first before America?

PuffPuff

Why is the game being localised in Europe first? Because usually America gets things before Europe does. If it don't get localised in America, then otherwise I will import this game from Japan.

We don't know is the asnwer. My theory is a battle of the remakes.

You guys got Kirby Super Star Ultra. We don't have it. Maybe Nintendo is going to see which one does better. I don't know what the reason is if it was same team developing both games it would be useful to see which one sells stronger but HAL and Intelligent Systems are different companies effectively

That is the way I'd look at it anyway. I'm sure America will have Fire Emblem before we get Kirby Ultra Fun Pack (if that turns out to be the title i'll laugh...all Kirby titles end up renamed for Europe if they have alliteraiton or puns in the title).

Another possibility is NOA has looked at the big picture and seen the start of 2009 is empty and so will put it there thing is NOA could release ASH (a bit of a crappy RPG) that they tested and ESRB rated months and months ago or Jet Impulse (DS Air) a DS flight sim was also localised but never hit retail

Even though it was released in Europe, it feels like I got the only copy in the whole of south England. There were no copies in any of the large stores in London (at least not on the shelves, it was way too busy to find staff).

The copy I did find, I had to make a big fuss about until they went to the back and got the one copy in the store.

It almost seems like NoE or Game/HMV group and other major retailers want it to fail.

I don't know what it was like in other parts of Europe, but I hope it was at least available there. :s

It was released in Europe first because God hates our children.

Or it could be because the US release of Fire Emblem would do as poorly, comparatively, as it did last year on the Wii. It'd get eaten alive by bigger releases.

I've said this before: I like this decision, because sales numbers will likely be better after the holidays.

It might be a similar decision to Zelda Minish Cap. Europe got that first for two reasons.

-Give the GBA a strong title for the season

Also, it is said America didn't want it as they were launching the DS and didn't want the GBA stealing the attention.

As i've said before, NOA have their strong fall seller. Kirby Super Star Ultra :)

I have a feeling the UK copies of Shadow Dragon are having supply problems every single year NOE has supply problems with something or others...I remember a decade ago with Ocarina of Time they could blame the Japanese for not giving them enough copies (they ordered 250,000 and got 90,000) but since then we've heared no such excuses :(

Even though it was released in Europe, it feels like I got the only copy in the whole of south England. There were no copies in any of the large stores in London (at least not on the shelves, it was way too busy to find staff).

The copy I did find, I had to make a big fuss about until they went to the back and got the one copy in the store.

It almost seems like NoE or Game/HMV group and other major retailers want it to fail.

I don't know what it was like in other parts of Europe, but I hope it was at least available there. :s

Well, I've seen no problems in terms of availability here. Even some large retailers had it up for sale, and those usually only sell casual games.

Edited by Hatake Asuka

It was released in Europe first because it was released in Europe first, quite obviously. There's really no point in caring because it's gonna be released here and in the US we've been spoiled brats far too long. I think more video game companies need to do this.

It was released in Europe first because God hates our children.

Or it could be because the US release of Fire Emblem would do as poorly, comparatively, as it did last year on the Wii. It'd get eaten alive by bigger releases.

I've said this before: I like this decision, because sales numbers will likely be better after the holidays.

At least this is a first time for everything. I don't really mind waiting.

Yeah. It is also nice that the UK is getting something before us. ^_^

There is no reason why it won't be before Easter. The game is ready to go unless NOA want to tinker with the translation *glares at Advance Wars...only America ended up getting that first by 4 days*.

As for Australia. For DS games they tend to get just the US versions as it is cheaper for distributors over there to buy those rather than EU ones. Just stick your OFLC stickers on the box...badly and you're away.

• 3 weeks later...