Physical deformities

Seph

Ah sorry but what is there to be discussed in this topic...I am not entirely sure....

If your asking that if we have any physical deformities then I don't have any, but I have worked with people who do at a hospital for voluntary work.

Edited by Mad Sage

I've seen a guy at splish splash once who only had 5 fingers. In total. Two thumbs, two index, and one middle. He seemed like a nice kid though. I was too weirded out to approach the freak though. XD

Edited by James

It was just a joke. Lol.

Yeah but still. Some people wouldn't consider that as a joke. Try to be alittle more...considerate. Just saying, some people will get offended.

Edited by Mad Sage

Yeah but still. Some people wouldn't consider that as a joke. Try to be alittle more...considerate. Just saying, some people will get offended.

That's the point of the joke though....

I know. But still, I think that if I were deformed in some way, I wouldn't want people to ignore it. It would just make the whole conversation awkward. I think I'd rather make fun at the fact I have it. Like, let's say i was the one with three fingers. Think how awkward a handshake would be if you both ignored it. I think I would probably be like: "YO! Give me three!" *Raises hand.*

Still, I suppose I should apologize to those I may offend. I'm just a twisted individual. Of course it sucks to be crippled/deformed. How could it not be in some way? But rather than have your whole life revolve around how miserable it is, I would try to make the best of it and use it to my comedic advantage. (Lord knows my jokes need the help.)

Still, I suppose I should apologize to those I may offend. I'm just a twisted individual. Of course it sucks to be crippled/deformed. How could it not be in some way? But rather than have your whole life revolve around how miserable it is, I would try to make the best of it and use it to my comedic advantage. (Lord knows my jokes need the help.)

Comedic advantage? How about just living a normal life. What you just said sounded very twisted to me.

People with physical deformities are normal people like everyone else to me. Of course they don't revolve their life on how sad and miserbale it is. T_T

Comedic advantage? How about just living a normal life. What you just said sounded very twisted to me.

People with physical deformities are normal people like everyone else to me. Of course they don't revolve their life on how sad and miserbale it is. T_T

Making fun is part of a normal life. You make fun of people cause they're fat right? It's the same thing.

Making fun is part of a normal life. You make fun of people cause they're fat right? It's the same thing.

Ah well I see where your going with this. If people choose to make fun of themselves fine, that their choice. But I am saying in general...most of the time they wouldn't like being made fun of.

Ah well I see where your going with this. If people choose to make fun of themselves fine, that their choice. But I am saying in general...most of the time they wouldn't like being made fun of.

There's a difference between making fun, and insulting.

There's a difference between making fun, and insulting.

Well depending on the persons perspective. They both can occur at the same time, therefore they can be either mutually exclusive or a complement of each other.

For example. Lets say I was making fun of someone who is physically challenged. That person might take it as a joke but other people who are overweight may take that as an insult.

You can't simply generalise those two factors.

Edited by Mad Sage

To you yourself, possibly. Think about it from another point of view next time.

Very True.

I apologize to those I may have offended. After thinking it over, it probably would have been best if I just kept it to myself. But whateves. It's all good. At least to me it is.

Very True.

I apologize to those I may have offended. After thinking it over, it probably would have been best if I just kept it to myself. But whateves. It's all good. At least to me it is.

I don't think you offended anyone. What I said previously wasn't directed at your personally. I just generalised what was being said.

Edited by Mad Sage

I'm a little concerned how Jyosua responded, as being an admin, I really don't feel comfortable having a staff member that has such a strange point of view on such a subject...

I'm also a little disappointed in how some others are responding to this.

As far as physical deformities go, I have none, and I'm thankful for that. I wish those that have them a happy life, and hope they are able to live as normal as they desire.

When did Jyosua post here?

I think you might have mistaken me for him.

I'm a little concerned how Jyosua responded, as being an admin, I really don't feel comfortable having a staff member that has such a strange point of view on such a subject...

Huh? Jyo hasn't posted in this topic.

On topic, I don't know if it counts as a deformity, but I have oddly shaped thumbs. Their lower half is normal-sized, but the upper part is about twice as wide.

I don't recall seeing Jyo post here.

beaten while I was posting this.

My chest has a slight bulge on the right side, but barely. It's somewhat the opposite of what the image displays, but it's hardly noticeable, I don't think anyone has really noticed it besides myself.

Edited by Will

Where's his response?

I think she was referring to James...but he is not admin.... :blink:

Or probably she thought it was him.

On to the topic, Gustave I am not entirely sure if that counts as a deformity..

Edited by Mad Sage

Disregard that, I misread a username. Either way it's rather disturbing.

Ah. Then it probably was me.

I'm not sure my view is disturbing. (Well, perhaps it is.) But I don't think that someone with a deformity would want people to treat him differently because of it. If I were in a wheelchair for some reason, I wouldn't want people to to cater to me, or feel sorry for me, I would rather just be treated normally. Maybe it's just because of who I am, but I would probaly laugh it off if the guy held the cookie just out of reach of my arms.

Of course you can't treat them like shit, but that goes for everyone, not just handicapped or deformed people. I think it would be worse for people to pretend to not notice it, than for them to actually and openly talk about it. Cause that way you can get it out of the way, and just talk to the person like another human being. Not some sort of poor defensless creature.