I want a certain game.

Destiny Hero

Dude... Steel Weapons are BETTER than Iron weapons. Isn't this a good thing? I mean, if anything I'd want my Peg's wielding Steel over Iron, seeing as the majority of them suffer from low strength...

I think what he meant was Steel being a bit too heavy for Pegasus Knights, whom usually have low Con. Though it doesn't matter in FE9 and 10

Wikipedia it.

Already did. But still haven't found it.

Edited by Tiltyu

I think what he meant was Steel being a bit too heavy for Pegasus Knights, whom usually have low Con. Though it doesn't matter in FE9 and 10

It hardly matters in several FE games due to how speedy your pegs can be compared to enemy units. Thany can double with a Javelin (she has 4 CON).

Dude... Steel Weapons are BETTER than Iron weapons. Isn't this a good thing? I mean, if anything I'd want my Peg's wielding Steel over Iron, seeing as the majority of them suffer from low strength...

Steel Weapons and Pegasus Knights generally don't go well together, at least not until later in the game. 13 Wt for a Steel Lance on a 4 or 5 Con Pegasus Knight in FE7 kinda kills the unit's AS.

It hardly matters in several FE games due to how speedy your pegs can be compared to enemy units. Thany can double with a Javelin (she has 4 CON).

But they need several level ups first. In the earlier chapters of game, giving your Pegasus Knight a Javelin or Steel weapon won't make them double the enemies often, and it cuts down your AVO.

................................................................................

................................................................................

......It's not a FE.........................................................

.................*dies*

Edited by Tiltyu

Steel Weapons and Pegasus Knights generally don't go well together, at least not until later in the game. 13 Wt for a Steel Lance on a 4 or 5 Con Pegasus Knight in FE7 kinda kills the unit's AS.

Yeah, but he's talking about later in the game, right? The Con doesn't make too much of a difference there. I mean, I guess if you're trying to use Farina or something, but that's why she's bad. :P Fiora and Florina should both have sufficient Speed for Steel to not really matter. Although I prefer Killer. :D Same can be said with most of the games.

But they need several level ups first. In the earlier chapters of game, giving your Pegasus Knight a Javelin or Steel weapon won't make them double the enemies often, and it cuts down your AVO.

Just like how in the earlier chapters it is quite common to use Iron weapons. It's true that they would require some level ups but still, the fact is that they are capable of using Steel weapons. Or do you still disagree?

As for that AVO, you can fix that with the trade command. If you're going to nuke a Peg's AVO by having her use a heavy weapon then I would imagine you having a nearby unit to use the trade command as a remedy for this.

Edited by Boo

If you have Florina at, say, Level 16/--, she'll have, on average, about 17 Spd. Throwing a Steel Lance on her knocks her AS down to 9. By the time you get to that level (Somewhere around Ch. 16 or 17ish, I figure), the odds of fighting a unit with 5 or less AS is probably not very high. Yes, you'll run into units that have overly heavy weapons on them and also take an AS hit because of it, but it's not going to be something commonplace. So, you'll be hitting, on average, with 21 Atk against whatever the foe's Def is likely once. Using an Iron Lance, you'll have a salvageable AS of 13, while still having a fair 18 Atk. Unless you're fighting Armors with Florina, you're probably doing more damage output with the Iron Lance, since it'll likely go for two attacks instead of one.

Now, getting into Falcoknight territory, it becomes a different ballgame, since you can factor in Steel Swords too (though not really worth it, since it's an AS loss of 2 over an Iron Lance and a net power gain of 1) along with other weapons due to higher stats, etc.

Just like how in the earlier chapters it is quite common to use Iron weapons. It's true that they would require some level ups but still, the fact is that they are capable of using Steel weapons. Or do you still disagree?

As for that AVO, you can fix that with the trade command. If you're going to nuke a Peg's AVO by having her use a heavy weapon then I would imagine you having a nearby unit to use the trade command as a remedy for this.

Nononono. I do see your point, actually I sometime use Steel with Pegasus Knight myself. But I can say I'm not too fond using Steel equipped Pegasus Knight in earlier stage (let say, the first 7~8 chapters or so?) of the game. They are still a bit too frail for that.

All my posts are my attempts to reasoning with logic on why DH hates Pegasus Knights with Steel so much.

If you have Florina at, say, Level 16/--, she'll have, on average, about 17 Spd. Throwing a Steel Lance on her knocks her AS down to 9. By the time you get to that level (Somewhere around Ch. 16 or 17ish, I figure), the odds of fighting a unit with 5 or less AS is probably not very high. Yes, you'll run into units that have overly heavy weapons on them and also take an AS hit because of it, but it's not going to be something commonplace. So, you'll be hitting, on average, with 21 Atk against whatever the foe's Def is likely once. Using an Iron Lance, you'll have a salvageable AS of 13, while still having a fair 18 Atk. Unless you're fighting Armors with Florina, you're probably doing more damage output with the Iron Lance, since it'll likely go for two attacks instead of one.

Now, getting into Falcoknight territory, it becomes a different ballgame, since you can factor in Steel Swords too (though not really worth it, since it's an AS loss of 2 over an Iron Lance and a net power gain of 1) along with other weapons due to higher stats, etc.

But he was complaining about Farina joining with Steel. Or at least, I think he was. I figure by the time you can no longer GET Iron, Steel won't give you much of a problem.

Except, you can buy Iron in the chapter before you get Farina and then again in Cog of Destiny and Battle Preparations. You should have no problem having Iron weapons to give Farina. Though, my point was in response to your comment that Fiora and Florina have an adequate speed stat to overcome Steel weapons.

Except, you can buy Iron in the chapter before you get Farina and then again in Cog of Destiny and Battle Preparations. You should have no problem having Iron weapons to give Farina. Though, my point was in response to your comment that Fiora and Florina have an adequate speed stat to overcome Steel weapons.

Yeah, should have clarified that I meant later in the game when enemies have lollable AS. :P

If you want a game where Pegasus really rocks, FE4 is for you. But I'm just saying, I don't recommend it for you.

But the Triangle attack isn't fun to do...snice only the enemies can perform it :lol:

I'd say FE5. Two Pegasus units and you might not even see one of them (only appears on one route...). No triangle attack :) Making it the only entry in the series to lack one

Simple put the Triangle attack will never be "fun to do" since more than 3 candidates arround for most the game is cheap. 100% critical and hit in player phase for half your army being in a formation? Yes please. As it is with 3 there are certain situations wqhen you can get 4 triangle attacks off in a turn. FE9 and FE10 should be more due to two sets of such attacks (the bothers and the pegasus) though the highest recorded is 9.

Edit:

. And remember Radiant Dawn spoilers... Edited by Starwolf_UK