FE5 Chapter 5 Capturing Mareeta Strats?

theLittleLaurel

Bit of a niche question, but I was wondering if anyone had any particular strategies for achieving consistency in the arena with Eyvel and Nanna in Chapter 5 of Thracia 776, particularly in regards to capturing Mareeta. I know the safest option to get out of the arena with both Mareeta, Eyvel, and Nanna alive is to rush the arena door with a thief, but I also like achieving the different dialogue scenarios that arise, such as from Eyvel successfully capturing Mareeta. Currently, I just try to scooch Eyvel and Nanna towards the door so that only Eyvel can be targeted, and once Mareeta makes her way over there, I try to hit her once with Nanna's Earth Sword before attempting to capture her with Eyvel's Iron Blade. This requires hitting 2 50%s, and leaves Eyvel open to being doubled by Mareeta. Does anyone have a better strat?

Mareeta will never counter Eyvel, and vice-versa, so your strategy's fine. Mareeta also cannot capture, so since Thracia's invulnerability flag (which Evayle has) can only be breached by capturing, I believe Mareeta is 100% incapable of killing in that situation.

The main problem is that if Mareeta goes under a certain HP% she'll get physic'd, so I think Nanna hits too hard, and she can also randomly crit if you're unlucky. I'd just attempt to capture with Eyvel alone over and over until it works.

Edited by Cysx