Super Smash Bros.’ 25th anniversary (Discussion)

Perkilator

The 25th anniversary for the entire Smash series is coming up in January 2024, and I want to see Nintendo do something special for it since Ultimate is not only the best-selling game in the series, but also the best-selling fighting game of all time.

So what would you like to see for the 25th anniversary of Super Smash Bros.? You can list what you expect and what you hope to see separately.

My expectations

• Smash 64 on the NSO N64 app
  • A release date for the Sora amiibo (since we know for sure it’s coming in 2024)

My wishes

• A port of Ultimate on the next console with additional content and balance changes and QoL changes
  • HD ports of Melee and Brawl (preferably with better online support)

48 minutes ago, Perkilator said:

Smash 64 on the NSO N64 app

Wait, it's not already? Yeah, that'd be a no-brainer to add. Hopefully they do so!

Otherwise... I dunno. The Switch's successor hasn't been announced yet, so I'm not expecting any word regarding the next game in the franchise. I know Nintendo's been very dour on Smash competitions, but it'd be a welcome surprise if they reverse course and sponsor one, in light of the series' anniversary.

The best way to repay Sakurai is another year of silence as he plugs away at his cute youtube channel. Wait, he doesn't monetize that shit?

Smash will probably hit the NSO. I know Sakurai himself has always been weird on the prospect of re-releasing games he's worked on, but the reality is that he doesn't own Smash. Nintendo can throw those games onto whatever platform they want without his sign off. Especially the first two. Those have the lowest amount of companies that need to be contacted for copyright renewals.

5 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

The best way to repay Sakurai is another year of silence as he plugs away at his cute youtube channel. Wait, he doesn't monetize that shit?

Smash will probably hit the NSO. I know Sakurai himself has always been weird on the prospect of re-releasing games he's worked on, but the reality is that he doesn't own Smash. Nintendo can throw those games onto whatever platform they want without his sign off. Especially the first two. Those have the lowest amount of companies that need to be contacted for copyright renewals.

Sakurais Youtube channel is one of the most wholesome things I have kept up with in recent years, he's so adorable and passionate about the things he talks about on there 

• 2 weeks later...