(FE4) Attempts to combine FE4 Binary and Project Naga

KFro9000

First off, hey folks! While I'm a new member, I have actually been sleuthing around on Serenes Forest looking through guides, translations, forums, etc for years. I'm not sure why I waited so long to join up til now, but whatever.

Secondly, with regards to FE games that I return to playing again and again are the GBA series (FE6-FE8) and FE4 and FE5, with FE4 being my favorite.

Despite there being no English translations for when the FE4 rom was initially available, I had a blast playing it to the end. And then, Project Naga came out, which translated the entire game to properly enjoy the story and dialogue, and that inspired me to replay it a couple of more times while trying out different pairings. Kudos to the mod team!

I looked at other mods for FE4 since then and came across FE4 binary, which provided a lot of quality of life tweaks and balancing to the game play as well adding new features such as promotion choices, new weapons, minor blood characters using holy weapons, etc. to make things more fun. Overall, game play wise, it's a masterpiece (with the exception of some bugs when dismounting units or that holy weapons could not be directly inherited from the 1st generation). My only other gripe is that it lacked the translations of Project Naga.

As far as I know, there haven't been any attempts to combine both mods, which I imagine it would be a massive headache to do since it would require seamlessly meshing together two codes without breaking the game...BUT MAN, it would be amazing if there was a way to have the best of two worlds together for the best FE 4 experience!

I, myself, don't have any experience with coding, let alone modding a SNES rom, but I feel inspired to at least give it a shot and attempt to figure out the basics of modding and make it happen.

TL;DR I want to learn a way to combine FE4 Binary and Project Naga mods to maximize the FE4 experience!