Editing the Playthrough Number on a PAL Copy of Radiant Dawn (SPOILERS)

eeeee

Hi, I am playing through Radiant Dawn for the first time on Dolphin, and I have reached the point in Chapter 3-12/3 where you are given an important, plot-relevant choice which affects your ability to recruit a certain character. There is a similar choice in one of the endgame chapters. Normally, the options to let you recruit these characters are locked behind using a cleared-game save, meaning it is impossible to recruit them on a first playthrough. A number of users have asked about enabling this on a first playthrough before, and I will link their threads here, to save time:

I have tried following the instructions given by fay59 in their post (https://forums.serenesforest.net/index.php?/topic/52806-total-disaster-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5561613) but on a PAL copy of the game, changing the memory value they provided does not cause the third option to appear. I am wondering whether the value for the number of clears is at a different memory address in the PAL version of Radiant Dawn, as this could explain the issue. Otherwise, I am stumped, just like u/EgidaPythra in their Reddit thread, but I do not want to move on without choosing the third option, as it changes parts of the story.

EDIT: it is also worth mentioning that the Gecko code 003CABD7 00000003 does not work for this either.

I would appreciate any help regarding being able to edit this value in the save file, whether related to the game's region or otherwise.

Edited by eeeee
added a note on gecko codes