The Thracia 776 No Staff Playthrough (also analyzing all the minor boss enemies and reused portraits)

On 3/21/2024 at 4:13 AM, Jotari said:

Speaking of Illios, I just recruited him with Karin. Not only does Olwen need to be inexplicably dead, but you need to recruit him with this specific character he has absolutely no connection to at all. What a stupid recruitment.

I have to start again because I killed all Illios' sleep sword minions without realizing it and I need at least one of them to get Misha.

Fittingly, Illios is the one to kill Olwen himself on this run. Kill the nobility and steal their title!

Hold up...sleep Edge is 20 weight and used by a Cavalier. How the hell am I meant to steal it? I somehow have to have sleep to use sleep. Is getting to Salem before he expends all the uses of his sleep staff literally the only way to recruit Misha? Recruiting Illios without engaging his underlandings doesn't turn them green or do anything that might help me get their stuff...Okay, it looks like recruiting Misha on a no staff challenge is impossible. There's simply no way to get the ability to use sleep on her without a staff. I'm going to break the rules of the challenge to recruit Misha purely because I never recruited her before and want to do so on this run just to see what she's like. And to that end I'm going to use Tina's thief staff to take one of these sleep swords. Fortunately she has one charge of it left after using it on me.

Misha recruitment might seem impossible but I figured it out (and did it) staffless a few days ago 

I recently did a full staffless run of FE5 while doing my best to find out stuff and plan on my own and the biggest question I ran into was recruiting misha, which when I did the full run I didn't do cause I thought it was impossible 

I went back with a save state I made before route split to test out a theory. I managed to get Illios to take a sleep sword from one of the other cavs after disarming him (and draining all of his bolting uses). However if you just do this he enters retreat AI and will attempt to leave the map, What you need to make sure to do is get a unit carrying a D rank lance (Iron lance for example) to get captured by one of the sleep sword cavs. This will put the Iron lance in their inventory giving them two possible weapons they can use, Because Illios can't use lances and is in the same squad as these cavs he will take a sleep edge from them now that it won't be disarming them. After that it's as simple as recruiting him to get the sleep edge!.  I have a video of me doing it on yt but I don't want to risk getting banned for self advertising. Also id like to add cause I just noticed this "impossible to get Misha (unless you want to rig Lifis up to 20 con, which actually sounds like a tonne of fun but it is blatantly cheating)." Even at 20 con you can't steal a sleep sword as ur con has to be higher 

afdf.PNG.cbde3ccac8afc3b4ac2e355ecf7e265f.PNG

I'd also like to add congrats on finishing staffless its a big achievement ^_^ (i made a account just to reply to this thread) 

4 hours ago, Juniper Jungby said:

Misha recruitment might seem impossible but I figured it out (and did it) staffless a few days ago 

I recently did a full staffless run of FE5 while doing my best to find out stuff and plan on my own and the biggest question I ran into was recruiting misha, which when I did the full run I didn't do cause I thought it was impossible 

I went back with a save state I made before route split to test out a theory. I managed to get Illios to take a sleep sword from one of the other cavs after disarming him (and draining all of his bolting uses). However if you just do this he enters retreat AI and will attempt to leave the map, What you need to make sure to do is get a unit carrying a D rank lance (Iron lance for example) to get captured by one of the sleep sword cavs. This will put the Iron lance in their inventory giving them two possible weapons they can use, Because Illios can't use lances and is in the same squad as these cavs he will take a sleep edge from them now that it won't be disarming them. After that it's as simple as recruiting him to get the sleep edge!.  I have a video of me doing it on yt but I don't want to risk getting banned for self advertising. Also id like to add cause I just noticed this "impossible to get Misha (unless you want to rig Lifis up to 20 con, which actually sounds like a tonne of fun but it is blatantly cheating)." Even at 20 con you can't steal a sleep sword as ur con has to be higher 

afdf.PNG.cbde3ccac8afc3b4ac2e355ecf7e265f.PNG

I'd also like to add congrats on finishing staffless its a big achievement ^_^ (i made a account just to reply to this thread) 

Wow, that's certainly a big brained strategy. Wish I had the cunning to have thought of it myself.