Serenes Forest StarCraft Matches

Wist

I'm always pleasantly surprised when I learn of a member on the forum who does or used to play StarCraft. If there is sufficient interest, there may be enough members to play some 2v2 or 3v3 matches. At the moment patch 1.16 creates unnecessary lag for some players because Blizzard messed something up when removing the game's tendency to use up 100% of the CPU at all times, but hopefully this issue will be fixed shortly. If the issue isn't fixed soon games could potentially be played through Hamachi or ICCup's The Abyss server, but that might complicate things a bit too much.

We could play on any map, I'm only really familiar with maps used in 1v1 games but a map like Hunters or Big Game Hunters would allow for plenty enough diversity of play. Some four player macro oriented maps like Python or Luna or Lost Temple might work as well. We could also perhaps play team melee if people feel comfortable coordinating their strategies. Whatever people want to do is fine with me; I'm just polling interest right now before putting the effort into planning anything.

Who would be willing to play some Serenes Forest StarCraft matches between ourselves sometime over the winter break?

Edit (2008.12.12):

Wherever StarCraft is mentioned I am referring to the expansion pack, Brood War. If the patch is updated then I don't mind which server is played on.

Edited by Wist

I'm always pleasantly surprised when I learn of a member on the forum who does or used to play StarCraft. If there is sufficient interest, there may be enough members to play some 2v2 or 3v3 matches. At the moment patch 1.16 creates unnecessary lag for some players because Blizzard messed something up when removing the game's tendency to use up 100% of the CPU at all times, but hopefully this issue will be fixed shortly. If the issue isn't fixed soon games could potentially be played through Hamachi or ICCup's The Abyss server, but that might complicate things a bit too much.

We could play on any map, I'm only really familiar with maps used in 1v1 games but a map like Hunters or Big Game Hunters would allow for plenty enough diversity of play. Some four player macro oriented maps like Python or Luna or Lost Temple might work as well. We could also perhaps play team melee if people feel comfortable coordinating their strategies. Whatever people want to do is fine with me; I'm just polling interest right now before putting the effort into planning anything.

Who would be willing to play some Serenes Forest StarCraft matches between ourselves sometime over the winter break?

Edit (2008.12.12):

Wherever StarCraft is mentioned I am referring to the expansion pack, Brood War. If the patch is updated then I don't mind which server is played on.

I love Starcraft. My current computer is on its last legs, but hopefully I'll be getting a new one soon, then I'll have a pleasant excuse to reinstall.

I must admit I've never tried 1 v 1 games before, and Money Maps, or BGH have less appeal than the traditional maps, that emphasis exploration and colonizing sub-bases, as well as focussing on tech development and army building.

I haven't played in years, though, so will definitely be rusty if/when I pick it back up. Also, coordinating times might be difficult as I'm based out of Europe.

I'd also be up for a good comp stomp, of 2 v 5 or so, if I can get back up to par. I'm not overly picky.

Edit: Though if this is just over Winter Break, then yes, I'll be back in the States for that, either in CST or EST depending on the week.

Edited by Balcerzak

I love Starcraft. My current computer is on its last legs, but hopefully I'll be getting a new one soon, then I'll have a pleasant excuse to reinstall.

I must admit I've never tried 1 v 1 games before, and Money Maps, or BGH have less appeal than the traditional maps, that emphasis exploration and colonizing sub-bases, as well as focussing on tech development and army building.

I haven't played in years, though, so will definitely be rusty if/when I pick it back up. Also, coordinating times might be difficult as I'm based out of Europe.

I'd also be up for a good comp stomp, of 2 v 5 or so, if I can get back up to par. I'm not overly picky.

Edit: Though if this is just over Winter Break, then yes, I'll be back in the States for that, either in CST or EST depending on the week.

I prefer traditional maps as well; if most people who are interested in playing also feel that way then Big Game Hunters and other money maps can be neglected entirely. Even if that isn't the case, we can ignore those maps any time that we're the only two playing together. Your being rusty is fine, I've never played consistently enough to be very good anyways.

Over the winter break I should only be in the EST time zone. If you find the opportunity to play while you're in Europe I don't mind trying to coordinate times to match availability; I have only one final left to study for so I'm fairly free.

I just hope Blizzard patches 1.16 fairly soon. If not, we can try playing over another server with patch 1.15.3.

Edit (200812.12):

Where's Wolf? I'd like to play with him again but perhaps with a larger group.

Edited by Wist