FE4 Noobs unite...

Okay, so I've started after a long break to find that I'm on chapter 2. The one where you get Lachesis. At any rate, Here's the questions.

FIRST GENERATION:

Who should I pair up with the following; Briggid, Fury, Sylvia

I just canNOT seem to train Dew the Thief. Any advice?

Who should i NOT TRAIN? Ardan, as soon as he gets that pursuit ring, I'm benching.

Oh, I let Midir (Midayle) die, because I had no choice if I wanted to get past the Elliot Crew and conquer Nodion. Was this a horrific idea, or is this acceptable, considering the fact that I had to sacrifice him to conquer Nodion?

SECOND GENERATION:

How is it compared to the first generation? Easier? Harder?

Who should I get? Johan or Johalva? One of them's an Axefighter while the other's an AxeKnight.

What's up with Yuria starting out having strong feelings for Celice, but as they go, it decreases?

K, Thx, Bye :lol:

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so I've started after a long break to find that I'm on chapter 2. The one where you get Lachesis. At any rate, Here's the questions.

FIRST GENERATION:

Who should i NOT TRAIN? Ardan, as soon as he gets that pursuit ring, I'm benching.

Oh, I let Midir (Midayle) die, because I had no choice if I wanted to get past the Elliot Crew and conquer Nodion. Was this a horrific idea, or is this acceptable, considering the fact that I had to sacrifice him to conquer Nodion?

SECOND GENERATION:

Who should I get? Johan or Johalva? One of them's an Axefighter while the other's an AxeKnight.

What's up with Yuria starting out having strong feelings for Celice, but as they go, it decreases?

1st Gen:

For the first playthrough, you better stick with canon pairings...

Bridget - Holyn or Deu (I'm thinking to suggest Jamka here, but seeing you killed Mideel already HOW COULD YOU!!, save him for Edin then)

Sylvia - Claude

Fury - Levin

The best way to train Deu is with boss abusing, pick an axe user boss. =/

Do not train Adan, that's all. The rests are pretty medicore.

You will ge Valkyrie Staff on later chapter, so you can resurrect him if you want.

2nd Gen:

Obviously the enemies are harder, but hey! You got broken children. The answer is easier.

Johan or Jolavier is totally up to you, they pretty much useless after all. >_<

DO NOT ASK FOR IT IS A SPOILER. =P

Brigid with Holyn or Lex is the best, both focused on making Patty (the 2nd gen thief) easier to train, since Faval hardly needs any help (but he becomes extremely good with these). If you don't care for Patty, then units like Jamka and Noish are also there to give Faval some kind of skillset.

Fury has Sety (magical) and Fee (physical), I usually focus the pairing on Fee since she's around for longer and needs more help, while Sety's offense is fine no matter what (hits on Res and has Pursuit + Continue when he joins, and only has 16 levels to grow anyway, and even if he sucked he can just heal others). Levin obviously turns Sety into some kind of incarnation of Allah thanks to Holsety, so if it's your first playthrough you may want that if you didn't go with Levin/Tiltyu. Else there's Claude who makes Fee's Str suck and lacks skillz, but at least Sety becomes an A class healer...you'll have to rely on magic swords mostly though. But if you want to get a Fee with oomph, try Noish (Pursuit + Critical + Charge, then Continue after promotion, and good Str).

Sylvia doesn't matter, since one of her kids is a dancer and sucks at fighting no matter what, while the other kid (Corple) comes so late and useless you're better off ignoring him. I personally prefer the substitutes, since that means you get an extra Charisma unit. But if you like to pair her, you can go with Claude for Valkyrie Staff, with Lex for Elite (wouldn't recommend wasting Elite like that, but some like it), Ardan for Ambush/Sleep Sword gimmick, or even Holyn to turn Leen into some kind of swordfighter dancer with B swords and Moonlight Sword. As I said, don't worry about this one.

Ignore the fool, he sucks at fighting until L20.

If you want to use him, there's a few tricks. The easiest one is to abuse him on one of the Warrior bosses in Ch1, preferably Gandolf, but since you're in Ch2 that's of no use. A more interesting way I thought up is to abuse his ability to give money to others, which gives him 10 EXP every time he does it. Simply let him give away all his money, then visit a village, give it to whoever you intended to give the village to, and repeat, so he gets 10 EXP for every village. If you can get him to buy the Elite Ring (20k for him thanks to Bargain), that makes 20. If you can pair him up, he can simply give money back and forth to his lover, and this has the nice addition of being able to funnel money from said lover to anyone else (think Ayra arenawhoring, giving the cash to Dew, and Dew giving it to some poor soul like Claude or Tiltyu).

Deirdre, and I wouldn't recommend Alec, Beowulf or Noish either unless you really want another mounted unit. Cuan, Fin and Ethlin will leave you after Ch3, so no need to train them huge amounts either (just get Fin a decent level, like 10-12).

Doesn't matter much, since he's lived past any prime he had by now anyway. You can also revive him in Ch3/Ch4 by letting Claude use Valkyrie Staff, though he'll be extremely underleveled, but it helps if you're perfectionist. Midir would be another on my list of "don't bother on your first pt".

I'd say easier. You face slightly stronger enemies, and at the end, some overpowered ones, but you get extremely overpowered ones in return (gogo 6 holy weapons), and all the children, when properly paired, have ridiculous stat growths and skill sets.

They're both pretty forgettable, but I always get Johan for the mount.

That will be (somewhat) explained later, I don't feel like spoiling it for you (unless you want me to).

Johan>Fin in the second generation

Fin gets plenty of time in the first generation to train (he might even be promoted by the time you get him back). He doesn't need training unlike Johan and he can help your other units.

I don't think so.

Edited by Julius

It's only h4x if he one-rounds, and he usually doesn't one round anything (except Mages, but it doesn't work against those due to 2-range).

Fin also has Pursuit, so he always attacks twice, and then the possibility of the Hero Lance exists for four times, and he can use that any time in the arena (he's got enough moneyz). And then Fin has Prayer + level lead. His stats are higher across the board pretty much, especially in Luk, and that's without counting boosts from Gen 1 villages or the Cuan convo.

But hey, if you want to argue about it, sure. But perhaps not in this guy's "what do I do" playthrough.

FIRST GENERATION:

SECOND GENERATION:

Bridget with Deu, Fury with Levin, Sylvia with Claude. Wanna try something insane? Bridget with Finn.

In chapter three there's going to be plenty of pirates that want to suicide on your army, I suggest you put Deu there with Edin behind and Lachesis and Sigurd next to her. Sylvia should be somewhere close by to get that Leg Ring, though.

Don't train? Unless you're planning to use Noish for Aira, bench him. Alec, Adan, Beowulf and Holyn I've rarely ever used but I hear Beowulf is decent and Holyn is good. Whatever.

Midir... that Pursuit is better in my opinion than Jamuka's Continue, but I guess it's all the same if you lock Lester (Edin's son) with Hero Bow. Midir was the best option for Edin, is all.

A bit harder because there's many more magic users, dark magic users that can kill your units in one to two hits. Deal with them with caution.

I prefer Yohalva because I'd rather have a barbarian over a narcissist. And it's a faster way of getting Rezire, which is great for Yuria.

Beat the game first and come back later.

I prefer Yohalva because I'd rather have a barbarian over a narcissist. And it's a faster way of getting Rezire, which is great for Yuria.

Only if you're going to be at Isaac castle in time before the Axe Knight army does. I'd rather have Isaac turn neutral so that army spends a bit of time there instead of having that Hero Axe boss rush me like that (since he would now go for Sophara).

Forgot about Midir being a good pairing for Aideen, but again you can just revive the guy with Claude and be fine.

Wanna try something insane? Bridget with Finn.

That one is pretty easy, in fact about impossible to prevent from happening as long as you seize Silvail pretty quickly.

Edited by Mekkah

Only if you're going to be at Isaac castle in time before the Axe Knight army does. I'd rather have Isaac turn neutral so that army spends a bit of time there instead of having that Hero Axe boss rush me like that (since he would now go for Sophara).

That's what I did for the substitute army, but since this is the children's army they can take care of themselves pretty darn good.

That one is pretty easy, in fact about impossible to prevent from happening as long as you seize Silvail pretty quickly.

I actually recommend this pairing as long as Finn is promoted before he leaves, Patty gets really high luck and pretty nice level ups. No swords, though, but she always has Sleep Sword, right?

So from what I'm hearing, Dew should go with Brigid... Here's what I plan to do with pairings;

Holyn X Ayra, Meteor and Moonlight... yum.

Aideen X Jamka, Midir died. X_x

Tiltyu X Claude, they seem fine... I'm probably wrong on this one.

Fury X Levin, Sylvia is not great, so I actually think I'm going to bench her unless Alec really comes through.

Alec X Sylvia, HIGH doubts on this one.

Lachesis... I WAS planning on Dew for her, but then... Brigid comes up. Who should I choose?

Dew X Brigid, everyone's saying it's a great idea, so I'll hop along.

People I'm benching:

Noish, when I get the chance

Sylvia, unless Alec comes through.

Arden, As soon as that Pursuit Ring comes in.

Beowulf, cuz I already have very nice mounted and sword fighters.

Alec, if he doesn't come through.

Midir, because he'll be seriously underleveled when he gets revived.

Not as hot as you'd think, as GekkoukenMoonlight can't trigger together with RyuuseikenMeteor. So, it's kind of redundant. Lex is another excellent, "mainstream" pairing; you might want to consider it out. But, then again, there are very few ways of going wrong with Ayra...

Just remember to get Arden's Pursuit Ring and pass it down to Lester. Other than that, it's a solid pairing, and you'll learn to love the killer bow (if you don't already).

Actually, paring those two is a common mistake. For some retarded reason, Arthur will inherit the major Blagi blood and the Valkyrie staff, but Tinny will be the one able to use staves. If you want straightforward pairings, I suggest Azel.

Fury X Levin, Sylvia is not great, so I actually think I'm going to bench her unless Alec really comes through.

Just remember to get Holsety in chapter 4, and you'll have a game-breaking monster in your hands

Actually, you might want to pair her with Claude so you can use the Valkyrie staff to resurrect people.

Lachesis... I WAS planning on Dew for her, but then... Brigid comes up. Who should I choose?

Lachesis's children are mounted swordsmen, so they can't inherit Sunlight. I'd suggest Beowulf or Alec.

It's one of her better options, yes.

What, no Lex or Azel? Seriously?

ClaudeXTiltyu; here's my opinion: No. If you want the Valkyrie Staff that badly, Claude should be paired with either Sylvia or Fury, because Tiltyu's kids can't use it and they lack pursuit. Pursuit Ring is a possibility so give it to Claude if you REALLY must. Much better pairings are Azel and Lex. Be wary of Lex, though. Magic growth for the kids is really low and if they don't kill in one shot, chances are, the kiddies are gonna die. (Yes, Ishtor and his random Continue.)

Do not bench Sylvia. She will be necessary for chapter five. Give her the Leg Ring and Knight Ring.

AlecXSylvia; Let me tell you, I've tried this. I really wanted it to work, I was positive about it. I gave Alec all of the needed kills so he would have all of the dropped staves. What do I get in return for my hard work? You'll find out. Sylvia's 'good' pairings are a jumble of Claude, Holyn, Lex, Azel, and Deu.

People will tell you to go for Beowulf or Finn for Lachesis. Me? Lex. Amazing fighters. Give Lex the pursuit ring.

Bridget; Finn, Holyn, Lex, or Deu.

Noish x Ayra is technically the best one (I can debate that) but Holyn is better for beginners, so go ahead. You might want to try Lex (good for beginners too).

Aideen x Midir is the best one.. but alright. You can resurrect Midir with the Valkyrie Staff later in the game so you can pair them up.

Try Claude x Sylvia. You can resurrect people.

Levin x Fury is amazing.

Lachesis should go with Beowulf for beginners, but I prefer Azel.

Bridget and Holyn is awesome, but Dew is great too. Jamka is good for beginners.

While Lex is the best pairing for Tiltyu, it's a bit weird, so go with Azel, since it's better for first-timers.

Edited by Julius

They're still rather frail in the beginning, and you still need to clean up the army of the other brother. Also, you'll have Johalva's army stealing EXP from you for a rather long time, while Johan's NPCs disappoof after they take Isaac.

They're still rather frail in the beginning, and you still need to clean up the army of the other brother. Also, you'll have Johalva's army stealing EXP from you for a rather long time, while Johan's NPCs disappoof after they take Isaac.

Johalva's army of idiots will be going after that bandit attacking the village (which is still stealing EXP). Sure, Yohan I guess.

I am very against CeliceXRana, so be sure to conquer Isaac and talk to Yuria so she can get Rezire instead of Aura before going to Sophara.

Actually I'm suggesting Finn/Lachesis, this pairing is very similar to Beowulf/Lachesis but only a bit less on offense and more on luck.

As for the Johan and Jolavier thing, I prefer Jolavier. Why? One word: Rizziah.

You can still get Rezire getting Yohan. It takes a bit longer, though.

Lachesis pairings always go for either one thing or the other. LexXLachesis gives great defense, Nana can take care of herself, so go ahead, she's a front line unit (not a fighter) with her Charisma. Delmudd is just sick with Hero Sword and Pursuit Ring. Heads will roll.

You can still get Aura with Johaliver and Rizziah with Johan, though. I know I managed to get an Aura and I had Johaliver recruited ( fuck yeah save states ).

Still, I'd get Johalvier. He's closer to Ayra for a couple and Bows are pretty decent in chapters 8 and 9. The Killer Bow only weighs 3, so couple that with a Pursuit Ring and you have a decent archer in your hands. He still has the Hero Axe if he needs it.

Yohan and Yohalvier, unfortunately, aren't that well needed. But hey, tons more of exp, right?

And it's not really them that give you tomes, it's which castle you conquer. As much as it pains me to kill one or the other, I'd rather kill both and soak up more exp and star kills =X

A problem of mine: I tried to get Aura and Rizziah before, but I always fail. Anyway Aura wasn't that good since it's so heavy.

You can't get both tomes, at least I don't think. Isaac has Rezire and Sophara has Aura. After Isaac is taken over by the enemy, send Celice there, conquer and talk to Yuria. THEN climb the mountains and conquer Sophara. And yeah, Aura is really heavy but it's powerful too.

You can't get both tomes, at least I don't think. Isaac has Rezire and Sophara has Aura. After Isaac is taken over by the enemy, send Celice there, conquer and talk to Yuria. THEN climb the mountains and conquer Sophara. And yeah, Aura is really heavy but it's powerful too.

IIRC, someone said that we can get both tomes. Nevermind me then.

Uh-huh, why should I take a tome that weighed me down for 20 if the another option is 12? Not to mention Rizziah heals you.

EDIT: I just noticed that Rizziah's weight is 12, not 14. XD;

Edited by Tiltyu

Training Dew: Get Ethlin to hand over her Light Sword to Dew. Have Dew attack the armours from a range. He'll do about 14 damage a hit, which is better than 1. Ehtlin won't be using the Light Sword any time soon, anyway, although you will want to give it back to her before Chapter 3 ends.

Also, Aura is much too heavy to be used effectively. Julia won't even be able to use her Pursuit half the time.

Edited by Wander

Fin leaves for a large part of the first generation, so its not like he's getting anywhere close to a huge level lead. Remember, he starts at Level 1. Johan has Ambush/Hero Axe, which is often enough to one round thanks to great strength. Fin has competition for the Hero Lance (Fee, Oifaye), so its not like he's guaranteed it. Johan also has superior durability. I say Johan wins.