FE4 Noobs unite...

Since you seem to be basing off 99% of your arguments on "lol, the rest of your army will be lv1 retard":

Learn to boss abuse.

That's all.

More like learn to reinforcement abuse to me. 2nd Gen characters don't need boss abusing. Except for Lester, since he can't fight directly

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Lester didn't need to boss abuse.

Faval had Ichaival, so he didn't need other bows, just some to back him up.

So, I gave the Hero Bow to Lester, and he was killing everybody.

Actually Lester didn't need to boss abuse.

Faval had Ichaival, so he didn't need other bows, just some to back him up.

So, I gave the Hero Bow to Lester, and he was killing everybody.

Getting everyone to Lv. 30 ASAP require Boss/Reinforcement abusing. Sadly because Lester is locked to Bow, he needs to put up with Boss abusing. D:

All of the characters that I were going to use A LOT were at lvl 30 by chapter 8(Lakche and Skasha, particulaly, and no, I'm not lying), and without boss abuse.Those enemy healers actually helped.

The only ones that weren't on lvl 30 were Hannibal, Lana, Corple, Arthur,Patty, Lynn, Delmudd and Tinny.

All of the characters that I were going to use A LOT were at lvl 30 by chapter 8(Lakche and Skasha, particulaly, and no, I'm not lying), and without boss abuse.Those enemy healers actually helped.

The only ones that weren't on lvl 30 were Hannibal, Lana, Corple, Arthur,Patty, Lynn, Delmudd and Tinny.

Of course I believe you, my characters are pretty much the same.

But I use the reinforcement abuse trick. You have no idea how I LOVE those never ending supply of enemies, perfect.

That's how I manage to promote Selis, Lakche, Skasha, Arthur, Yuria, Delmud, and Fee in the beginning of Chapter 7 (because unlike Prologue, you can't promote in Chapter 6. =/)

Lester and Jolavier are stucked with the boss abusing trick, mainly because Lester is stucked with Bow, thus he can't fight direct battle. As for Jolavier, that's for an Rana's extra healing (Recover is love). :'D

Oh yeah, Johalva is on level 27 because he is slow, and most of the last guys on the coliseum kill him with 3 hp left.

And is your Lester with a Hero Bow?

If you're only considering what's possible (Sety one-rounds chapter 10 Julius), the likelihood of something occurring bears no weight unless it's a really small chance, and assumptions of efficient or fair play are thrown out the window. Ashera can be KO'ed 14 times in a turn, but the setup requires some characters at max stats that would not occur without some sort of RNG manipulation and babying of sub-par characters.

TheEnd has shown that Sety can raise his critical rate to near 100%, that his Continue rate is 45%, and that Julius's hit rate is ~55%. The chance that Continue will activate at least once in two attacks is ~70%, and Julius will miss 45% of the time, which means that Sety will one-round Julius in about 1 of 3 battles... not too bad. Of course, Sety's own hit rate isn't considered, but even so, his chances of one-rounding are still fairly decent.

The situation requires some effort to set up, but we're not considering if this would be convenient in a normal run.

Oh yeah, Johalva is on level 27 because he is slow, and most of the last guys on the coliseum kill him with 3 hp left.

And is your Lester with a Hero Bow?

Killer Bow and Hero Bow belongs to Lester.

I need to boss abuse him because I want to promote him too in the same chapter. ='(

I don't want to leave him alone.

And of course I don't use Killer or Hero when I was boss abusing, he would kill the boss. D:

So I stucked with his starting Iron Bow. And sometimes he nearly killed Danan even with Iron Bow after he passed Lv. 12 or so.

When you pass lvl11 with Lester, his true potential is revealed.

I never thought he could be that good on my first playthrough.

Lester is a good unit, but compared to the other characters in 2nd Gen, he sucks. Royally.

His case is pretty much the same with Delmud's case. =/

Didn't think so.

At least on my playthrough, Arthur sucked as much as Delmudd, and Johalva relyed a lot on Lakche's love support.

Didn't think so.

At least on my playthrough, Arthur sucked as much as Delmudd, and Johalva relyed a lot on Lakche's love support.

Arthur is better than Delmud in my case, but I'm saying this is not because I'm his fangirl. I'm completely honest with this statement.

And of course, when I said 2nd Gen characters I mean the Children characters. So I don't count Finn, Oifaye, Hannival, and Jolavier; but I still including Shanan and Ares. =/

Well, if you count Shanan, you have to count Johalva and Johan too.

Aira was Shanan's aunt, and Lex was Johan and Johalva's uncle.

Well, if you count Shanan, you have to count Johalva and Johan too.

Aira was Shanan's aunt, and Lex was Johan and Johalva's uncle.

Well, Shanan wasn't that good if you don't count his Balmunk. -_-

So I might un-count him. ~_~

It's not that he wasn't that good, but he is quite frail, and comes already promoted so he's screwed, technically.

Low DEF and VERY low MDF are good enough reason to bench him, if he doesn't have Balmunk. ;_;

And actually there is one time in one of my playthroughs, where Balmunk equppied Shanan got criticaled by Edda's Swordmaster and DIED. Ever since then I totally voted for Lakche (no more Shanan for me), even if she doesn't have Balmunk.

Also, when one use of A HOLY SWORD costs 500 GP, it might be some kind of signal, that's too cheap.

Whut? Holy Sword costs 500 G/use? Are you talking about Bargain?

He doesn't have Bargain, I think.

And the Holy Sword is the Balmunk.

AFAIK Holy Sword is Tryfing and Divine Sword is Balmunk.

Balmunk costs you 1000 G/use, but I take it that either you failed to get Bargain Ring in Chapter 2 or you forgot to pass it down. Then you killed Yiea's boss using Shanan, thus he gets the Bargain Ring.

Or you can get a holy blood Lakche and give her the Balmunk. 8D

I prefer Lex/Ayra, thank you.

Though this seems tempting enough. Maybe I should try it in my next playthrough, someday. >_<

Edited by Ishtar

Is Bargain Ring that item that looks like an ear? If yes, then that's why.

And for Holy Sword, I mean in general. They were wield by Divine, Holy Crusaders, so they were all Divine, Holy Weapons :P

Is Bargain Ring that item that looks like an ear? If yes, then that's why.

And for Holy Sword, I mean in general. They were wield by Divine, Holy Crusaders, so they were all Divine, Holy Weapons :P

item7.gif Bargain Ring looks like this.

Figures. But when you only said Holy Sword, my thought was that you were talking about Tryfing. Yet you said it only costs 500 G, which makes no sense at all.

Edited by Ishtar

Lol at massive topic hijack.

Alright, this goes directly to anyone that will keep on topic with this, until a reasonable amount of answers comes through.

Recommended pairings for next time?

Noish X Ayra

Midir X Aideen

Lex X Lachesis

Levin X Fury

Sylvia X Claude

Brigid X Holyn

Tiltyu X Azel

is that so?

Jamuka X Ayra

Midir X Aideen

Lex X Lachesis

Levin X Tiltyu

Azel or Deu X Sylvia

Holyn X Bridget

Claude, Noish, or Azel X Fury

Y'know, I might just try out Jamuka X Fury to see if it's any different then Noish.