Lute solo on hard mode.

Seph

Can't you just move them from enemies' ranges?

They're surrounded by wyverns and pegasus knights. I've tried moving all 3 south before but they get surrounded by reinforcements anyway..

It's probably impossible to finish this chapter without casualties but I hope someone can tell me how to.

I killed Saleh and Innes and this chapter is easy now, check out my Eirika:

Deadrika2.png

FINISHED THE LUTE SOLO.

THANKS FOR HELPING EVERYONE..

The Demon King (Faggot King) was a HUGE pain in the ass even with 52 HP, 17 def and 25 res.. he 2hkos Lute so he is nearly impossible to beat.. I got lucky though.

Faggotking.png

Edited by Julius

Yeah, that's what I was thinking of.

Not to mention Lute has higher skill and speed..

My Lute at the end of Chapter 6 before killing the boss, rate her:

Lute200.png

Pfft! Your lute sucks, too many losses.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl

It's probably impossible to finish this chapter without casualties but I hope someone can tell me how to.

Too late but maybe for next solo: Buy Heal/Mend or if you don't want to, vulneraries, so they can heal themselves (Saleh can heal others). One can rescue Eirika and go for the fort in the middle of the map, the other should hold its own.

Too late but maybe for next solo: Buy Heal/Mend or if you don't want to, vulneraries, so they can heal themselves (Saleh can heal others). One can rescue Eirika and go for the fort in the middle of the map, the other should hold its own.

First of all, I did Ephraim's mode, so I started very far from her.

Secondly, you didn't think I abused Elixirs like crazy? I went to the vendor too. I did, and they kept on dying anyway (Javelins and mages), I tried multiple times.

Edited by Julius

And out of curiosity, how did you finished chapter 15?

I let Saleh and Innes die (I took their items first) and I let Eirika hang out in the Jehanna castle as you can see. I let Ephraim hang out in one of the forts to the south and Lute killed all the enemies at the south (Eirika was dodging everything so it didn't matter). Ephraim stayed there while I sent Lute to help Eirika and kill everything.

How were they able to dodge everything? I soloed 5x with Ephraim to gain him a lot of levels and trained Eirika a lot.

Edited by Julius

First of all, I did Ephraim's mode, so I started very far from her.

I know, obviously otherwise you wouldn't have Saleh and Innes fielded. What I suggested was one of them rescuing Eirika.

I let Saleh and Innes die (I took their items first) and I let Eirika hang out in the Jehanna castle as you can see. I let Ephraim hang out in one of the forts to the south and Lute killed all the enemies at the south (Eirika was dodging everything so it didn't matter). Ephraim stayed there while I sent Lute to help Eirika and kill everything.

How were they able to dodge everything? I soloed 5x with Ephraim to gain him a lot of levels and trained Eirika a lot.

Ah, I see. Nice job, man.

I know, obviously otherwise you wouldn't have Saleh and Innes fielded.

Oh, sorry, I never played Eirika's mode so I wouldn't know.

What I suggested was one of them rescuing Eirika.

http://fireemblem.shinranet.com/fe8/guiafe...uloeph15fe8.htm

The wyverns and mercenaries would take a piss on my way to that fort, I think.

It's worth a try anyway. I am planning to do another since it takes a very short time to finish.

I also found that Syrene was very hard to save. Any advice on that?

Edited by Julius

Tethys + Tana/Vanessa recruits her pretty quickly (not sure if Boots are required). If you're not willing to do that, I suppose a magic user in a solo could Physic her, or you can solo with some sturdy unit like Seth or Franz and rescue her.

Tethys + Tana/Vanessa recruits her pretty quickly (not sure if Boots are required). If you're not willing to do that, I suppose a magic user in a solo could Physic her, or you can solo with some sturdy unit like Seth or Franz and rescue her.

Yeah, that sounds good.

Admittedly towards the end I starting blitzing through chapters so I just ignored Syrene.

I ended up finishing this challenge earlier after having a suggestion from Julius to do it myself. It wasn't too bad but the notably annoying chapters were 14 (Eph's route), 15 and 20. Tons of shaman/mage reinforcements on 14 and I had to get Rennac all the while, 15 was hell as I needed Ephraim and Eirika to dodge everything (Saleh and Innes got killed in the end) and 20 had so many enemies that I was having weapon durability problems.

Demon King wasn't too bad but I had to beat Leon partly with a Thunder tome so I had enough Excalibur uses to handle the Demon King as well as the enemies he summons - because if Excalibur breaks, it is near impossible to beat it (Thunder only does 2 dmg a hit, even with 30 mag (Fimbulvetr probably does like ~8))

My Lute after the epilogue:

FE8Lute_01.png

Edited by Drayano

• 4 weeks later...

Actually I'm starting to think that Ivaldi would be better for a Lute solo, since you won't get 2hkoed by the Demon King with it.

But the speed bonus from Excalibur is handy..

That requires you to use Light magic only from the moment you turn her into a Sage though, and it means you receive your holy weapon at the end of Ch19 rather than the end of Ch14 (Eir) or Ch15 (Eph). Not a huge problem, but somewhat inconvenient nonetheless.

I didn't feel the need for Excalibur until Morva so that's not a problem.

Nothing can damage Lute anyway even with Light magic.

The Demon King is a huge pain in the ass without save states since he has to miss twice with like 60% real hit. You'll probably have to restart the chapter several times.

So yeah, I prefer Ivaldi over Excalibur.

Edited by Shanan

• 2 weeks later...