An FE Style'd SSB Spin-off

They left wavedashing in (yes, it was a sploit noticed in beta testing) because they thought it might add to the competitive side of the game,

"Landfallspecial" lag in the game doesn't necessarily support that wavedashing was an exploit purposely left in the game for competitive purposes. I've heard this argument a lot before, but I am fairly certain that even if wavedashing was noticed in beta testing, it was not kept in for competitive purposes. At best it was just passed over since it is programmed into the game that momentum is conserved from airdodges into the ground and such.

I am also pretty sure that each time this argument has been presented, there has been no concrete evidence supplied to support this. No interviews with Sakurai, no leaked statements from the developers, etc. Just a bunch of speculation over why "landfallspecial" lag appears in debug mode.

Edited by dondon151

Actually, this sort of is how Super Robot Wars came about (an SRPG using the Giant Robots from several shows).

It could work, but it probably would resemble SRW or FF Tactics more than Fire Emblem.

It probably wouldn't take the 'traditional' route, so equipment is likely to be left out, or defaulted/fixed for the characters.

You would probably start with Mario as the initial character but he wouldn't be the main lead (as there wouldn't be one) unless they introduce an original or silent protagonist.

Since Fire Emblem is Nintendo's game that are normally in this style, I imagine Marth of whoever to probably be a mentor or tutorial guy for your characters.

At first I thought this topic was about a fighting game with FE characters, when it was the other way around.

Anyways, I would buy the game, but I don't think they could make it exactly like FE. It would have to be more RPG and less strategy to really work. You'd have to give characters individual moves specific to them, or their weapons wouldn't always fit their character. Like Mario using fire magic, he doesn't always use fire in the games. In fact, he usually uses hand to hand combat. But if they left out fire magic, people would complain. And he would be too cheap if he had both. I'm not saying it's a bad idea, something along these lines is a very good idea, I just don't know how they'd pull it off well.

Then again, they just made a Sonic RPG, so I guess anything's possible.