Sensitivity

DeSu

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

U callin' me senisteive!?!!?! Ur so gai, STOP FLAMMING ME!!!!!!1111oneexclaimationpoint! (that's how my brother used to spell flaming, seriously)

Sensitivity on the internet is indeed unnecessary.

Human decency, is however.

Human decency? That is a debatable(?) subject. Somebody insulting you may not seem like a "decent" thing to do, but free speech n what not... Also, other people's opinions are their opinions regardless of "good" or "bad". If someone says a good opinion of you, people are ok. If someone says something bad, people immediately become hostile. Not everyone is perfect. Just about everyone has some flaws. Well, everybody has some flaw, but they might not be glaringly obvious. I could critique what I think of a lot of you, telling what I think of you and your actions, right now and be given nothing but flames. Why? Because I would tell you what you probably don't want to hear. But what you should do is: 1) Take it like an adult and not whine like an 8 year old who cries whenever someone calls you a name. 2) Analyse what they said. It may or may not be true. If it is, find out how to fix the problem( if you feel it's a problem). If it isn't, IGNORE IT. 3) THEY MIGHT BE JOKING. If so, you can joke back. Sarcasm also works well. "Hey Faiya, you're a faggot loser!" "OMFG YES I look at hardcore yaoi everyday! What of it?" "Err... You suck!"

You people just need to lighten up.

Human decency? That is a debatable(?) subject. Somebody insulting you may not seem like a "decent" thing to do, but free speech n what not... Also, other people's opinions are their opinions regardless of "good" or "bad". If someone says a good opinion of you, people are ok. If someone says something bad, people immediately become hostile. Not everyone is perfect. Just about everyone has some flaws. Well, everybody has some flaw, but they might not be glaringly obvious. I could critique what I think of a lot of you, telling what I think of you and your actions, right now and be given nothing but flames. Why? Because I would tell you what you probably don't want to hear. But what you should do is: 1) Take it like an adult and not whine like an 8 year old who cries whenever someone calls you a name. 2) Analyse what they said. It may or may not be true. If it is, find out how to fix the problem( if you feel it's a problem). If it isn't, IGNORE IT. 3) THEY MIGHT BE JOKING. If so, you can joke back. Sarcasm also works well. "Hey Faiya, you're a faggot loser!" "OMFG YES I look at hardcore yaoi everyday! What of it?" "Err... You suck!"

You people just need to lighten up.

1. Normally the jokes people make at others expense aren't funny.

2. Therefore, people will be left without any emotions other than anger.

3. Thus resulting in the person getting upset and commenting about it that indicates that the person is offended.

4. Making fun of one person constantly, over and over again is NOT okay. I don't care if it is funny every time. Leave the poor bastard alone once in a while.

Plus, if you make fun of someone enough, people will start to believe that the comment you say about a person is fact. When it really isn't.

An example of this is how people have somehow labeled me as one of the biggest perverts on the site. Which, despite whether you think I really am a perv or not, to say that I'm one of the biggest ones is ridiculous. And it bothers me, that people who I've never even said a perverted thing around, call me a pervert.

So, perhaps people like myself DO need to lighten up, but maybe people like you need to GROW up.

Yeah, this applies to real life as well. So I don't think your art, writing, project, clothes, etc. are cool. Who cares. Criticism helps more often then it hurts. And people spend so much time on the internet and in real life trying to tiptoe around the truth and sugarcoat it instead of just telling the truth. I'm NOT saying you should start flaming like crazy and overexaggerate what you're talking about. Just tell the truth plain and simple. If you insult me, guess what? I don't care.

Now I always try to be nice to others, and think others should do the same. But not everyone out there is nice. I know, surprising. And guess what else? Their opinion is only one of about 6 billion on the planet. You'll survive if they flame you. Even if it's wrong, who cares?

And yes, sarcasm not only ends flaming, but makes the flamer uncomfortable and akward-feeling as well. Sarcasm is always the answer! :D

Edited by Ragnell

I was half-asleep writing this(via iPhone).

Btw, I usually do hold back, but that really does take a lot of the fun out of things. Me n masu are always calling each other "fag!" and "retard", but there isn't any real hostility between us. Just doesn't make sense to me why others can't just let it roll off them too.

Maybe it's because you guys know you don't really mean it? XD

Like, I could call my friend 'bitch' and we'd both laugh. If I were to call some random guy down the alley 'bitch', then I may have a problem...

I somewhat agree. But I think what bothers me is the constant badgering of certain members. I mean, how many times have people ripped on Destiny Hero? They openly flame him, and there's no reprocussion.

I think it's fine to joke around, but people need to stop being intentional DICKS about it. Yes it's fun to joke around. But the way you guys constantly pick as someone's self esteem, it's no wonder that the person will be on edge from time to time.

Well, I could say he asks for it by constantly attacking fat people and homosexuals along with his other negative comments, but it would be better just to not listen to a word he says.

3. Thus resulting in the person getting upset and commenting about it that indicates that the person is offended.

4. Making fun of one person constantly, over and over again is NOT okay. I don't care if it is funny every time. Leave the poor bastard alone once in a while.

Plus, if you make fun of someone enough, people will start to believe that the comment you say about a person is fact. When it really isn't.

An example of this is how people have somehow labeled me as one of the biggest perverts on the site. Which, despite whether you think I really am a perv or not, to say that I'm one of the biggest ones is ridiculous. And it bothers me, that people who I've never even said a perverted thing around, call me a pervert.

So, perhaps people like myself DO need to lighten up, but maybe people like you need to GROW up.

"There can be truth in lies."

Well, here's what I have to say on this matter:

You can be blunt, but not rude. You can tell someone what you think they did wrong, but don't try to be an ass about it.

Edited by Fireman

Maybe it's because you guys know you don't really mean it? XD

Like, I could call my friend 'bitch' and we'd both laugh. If I were to call some random guy down the alley 'bitch', then I may have a problem...

Well, I could say he asks for it by constantly attacking fat people and homosexuals along with his other negative comments, but it would be better just to not listen to a word he says.

"There can be truth in lies."

Well, here's what I have to say on this matter:

You can be blunt, but not rude. You can tell someone what you think they did wrong, but don't try to be an ass about it.

I agree with most of what Fireman said. Except that "truth in lies" bullcrap. <_<

Really Lyle? You're telling me to grow up? You need that much more than I. You may have two years on me, but I'm many years older in maturity. Just because I choose to enjoy myself in a way you don't like does not mean I need to "grow up". You have no idea how much consideration I've shown in my posts. There is much more I would like to say, but I haven't because I know how fragile you are.

The jokes may not appeal to you, but they are funny to others. No comedian is liked by EVERYONE. You're just not in the designated audience.

I've never called you perverted, nor do I think you are based on what people have said.

If you want my true opinion, pm me about it.

Really Lyle? You're telling me to grow up? You need that much more than I. You may have two years on me, but I'm many years older in maturity. Just because I choose to enjoy myself in a way you don't like does not mean I need to "grow up". You have no idea how much consideration I've shown in my posts. There is much more I would like to say, but I haven't because I know how fragile you are.

The jokes may not appeal to you, but they are funny to others. No comedian is liked by EVERYONE. You're just not in the designated audience.

I've never called you perverted, nor do I think you are based on what people have said.

If you want my true opinion, pm me about it.

What happened to not being offended by anyone's opinion? 0_o

Edited by Fireman

But that's the problem dude. PEOPLE MAKE FUN OF DESTINY HERO BECAUSE HE DOES THINGS THAT PEOPLE CAN MAKE FUN OF! If he DIDN'T, NO-ONE WOULD MAKE FUN OF HIM!

If someone's making fun of you either ignore it, play along with it, or change your behavior so that you can no longer be made fun of. It's pretty damn simple. Hell, that's what maturity is. Maturity is knowing how to deal with a situation. I seriously think that people insulting me on the internet made me a far more mature person. So guys, be less sensitive, really. Getting angry only makes you look stupid.

Remember, you rage, you lose.

What happened to not being offended by anyone's opinion? 0_o

Lol. It doesn't take much to see a double standard.

And before Faiya responds, usually it's the same case for me. People think I'm extremely offended, when I'm just stating my opinion about a subject. I really don't hold grudges. Nor do I find many people here truly stupid/immature/assholes. I don't always think their actions are correct, but I never say "You're 100% wrong. Now die."

I know I'm not perfect. Even as much as I hollowly pretend to be.

But that's the problem dude. PEOPLE MAKE FUN OF DESTINY HERO BECAUSE HE DOES THINGS THAT PEOPLE CAN MAKE FUN OF! If he DIDN'T, NO-ONE WOULD MAKE FUN OF HIM!

If someone's making fun of you either ignore it, play along with it, or change your behavior so that you can no longer be made fun of. It's pretty damn simple. Hell, that's what maturity is. Maturity is knowing how to deal with a situation. I seriously think that people insulting me on the internet made me a far more mature person. So guys, be less sensitive, really. Getting angry only makes you look stupid.

Remember, you rage, you lose.

I usually do ignore it, unless it's in a large abundant supply. If I go into every recent topic, and people are arguing about the same thing, then it's hard to ignore it.