Berwick Saga: Thoughts on characters, ranking/tierlist.

rdrouyn

Posted (edited)

After some careful consideration, I've made the following edits:

Faramir: B- (Above Paramitis) - He's just not that good, is expensive and has limited availability

Thaddy: B (Below Czene) - There are some ways to gain serious cash with Thaddy I hadn't considered. Stealing rare arrows from archers is the most common target but there are potions, orbs, daggers and many other things. They are all quite risky and evasion doesn't last long enough to be effective. But you can use other methods, like protecting him with guard or provoking enemies with low hit rates and stealing from them. He can also mess with enemies with the Provoke plus Hide combo. Provoke is such an abusable ability, with that alone he has merits. 

Edit: I was able to steal the bolt knife from Riddle using Thaddy. He switches to the Assasins' Dagger to attack, and you can easily steal it with Thaddy as long as you get lucky with the critical strike. 

Owen: B (Where Izerna used to be) - Yeah, I'm using Owen and I get it now. His downside isn't that bad. The maps where he becomes annoying are fewer than I initially thought. Playing through Chapter 4 with Physic was nice. 

Edit: Another thing to note about Owen is that he gets to use Dark magic when he permanently joins you after 12-1. I wish I had kept my Dark orbs that I sold to the collector. 

Izerna: Top of B- - Still a perfectly good character that can be used if you want to save money. And her promotion is nice. But yeah I don't think it is optimal to use her over Owen anymore, at least for story maps. 

Edit: She is recommended for Ch 9 and Impossible Dream over Owen.  

Edited by rdrouyn