[SOLVED] Transparent Textures

CFWMagic

So, I keep hearing that the only way to "remove" a part of a model is to set textures to invisible.

I've been using this guide: https://gamebanana.com/tuts/15140#H1_3

As well as this guide: https://www.tumblr.com/mathcat7/657978901385101312/textureedittutorial3

Everything seems to work out just fine, I can change colors and re-import without any problems. There is one tiny problem, however.

I keep hearing that it's possible to "remove" parts of a model by giving it transparent textures. That's exactly what I've been trying to do. As far as I understanding, after taking the textures through Texture Remix, I need to set the background to black and then set everything I want to be invisible to black as well. The only problem is ... It doesn't work.

Instead, the texture in game is displayed as black as well. Not invisible.

Alternatively, I've also tried to edit directly the Alpha .TGA ... And no luck there either. All it does is make the black texture shiny.

So, the question is, how exactly does one make a texture transparent in FE 14?

Thankyou in advance.

Attachments related: Pictures of what exactly happens when I try to "remove" the dark mage collar by making it transparent:

uDres_F_kgt1_upp1_0_cl0d_P_ORIGINAL.png

uDres_F_kgt1_upp1_0_cl0d_P.png

uDres_F_kgt1_upp1_0_cl0n_P_ORIGINAL.png

uDres_F_kgt1_upp1_0_cl0n_P.png

Untitled.jpg

EDIT: After being utterly confused for a couple hours. I unded up figuring out that it's the cl0d alpha which governs transparency for cl0n RGB. Problem solved.

P.S.: I need a vacation.

Edited by CFWMagic
Solved

• CFWMagic changed the title to [SOLVED] Transparent Textures