Ys X Localization Release Date Announced

NIS America just released a trailer for Ys X that included the release date: October 25, 2024

I already was tired of Viking media even before Viking games became a huge fad, but this game looks really interesting.

17 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Pretty much right alongside Metaphor. That's brutal. Ys is amazing, but Falcom can't compete with Atlas head to head like that.

What's Metaphor?

For me, the notable thing about the release date is that it's a month after the new Zelda game. I probably won't be getting this game day-one then as I'll probably still be playing Echoes of Wisdom.

I will probably get this game. I skipped Ys 9 because it didn't really seem very interesting to me, but I enjoyed Ys 8 and Ys Origin enough that I do want to try more of the Ys games, and Ys 10 looks interesting.

5 minutes ago, vanguard333 said:

What's Metaphor?

For me, the notable thing about the release date is that it's a month after the new Zelda game. I probably won't be getting this game day-one then as I'll probably still be playing Echoes of Wisdom.

I will probably get this game. I skipped Ys 9 because it didn't really seem very interesting to me, but I enjoyed Ys 8 and Ys Origin enough that I do want to try more of the Ys games, and Ys 10 looks interesting.

Metaphor Re Fantazio. As in Atlus' big new fantasy IP and arguably the biggest JRPG release of the year.

38 minutes ago, Fabulously Olivier said:

Metaphor Re Fantazio. As in Atlus' big new fantasy IP and arguably the biggest JRPG release of the year.

Ah, I see. Yeah; competing directly against another JRPG probably isn't the best idea.