Full Game Scripts please?

Jotari

So, Serenes provides the game scripts for Fire Emblem. That is really useful and cool. I love it and I have made use of it many times. But this site organizes things by having each chapter script be its own page. This is convenient for sorting things for sure. But very often I want to search the entire game for references to something. Like, maybe I remember the conversation about Greil cutting his tendons but I don't know when in Path of Radiance that happens. So I need to open links to five or six different chapters in Path of Radiance's back half and ctrl+F Volke until I find him in one of them. Or, more concretely for what I actually want to do now, I want to find info about Kris's grandfather, MacLear. He's brought up a variety of times in many different base conversations and story events (more the former I suspect), if I want to find everything the game says about him, I need to open and close a tab for basically every chapter and every base conversation in the game and ctrl+f every one of them, under two different names!

So, yeah, it'd be really convenient if all of this text could be stored on one single document and hosted to the site. I know that's a bit of boring tedious work for someone opening every page and copy and pasting it into another document, but I would actually appreciate it a lot. Alternatively, it is possible to rip the text directly from the game itself. It's not always ordered by when it happens in the game if you do that. And full scripts for Mystery of the Emblem and Thracia exist on GameFaqs which I use liberally that could be hosted here too (not really stealing when it's just hosting the fan translation that already exists).

Anway, don't want to sound too demanding, but I actually do appreciate this aspect of the site and use it frequently, but would really love it if an option existed to just search full games.

Also on the subject of the scripts Radiant Dawn has been missing loads of its chapter scripts for like, sixteen years now, which is a bit inconvenient.

Creating your own annotated Master Document of copy/pasted material for a script as lengthy as FE12 can't take more than an hour right? A very monotonous hour, sure, but you can always share it when you're done. And suddenly it's a community resource! Like when you made a list of every named character.

I've done stuff like this for games, except it took much longer because I was typing the script out from scratch alongside game footage (not every game series has full scripts posted online). The work was further slowed down by other standards I had for the project. Every character was sectioned off into their own document. Every line was annotated with the exact datamined game file it was associated with. And I omitted a lot of punctuation. Because contraction words and commas notoriously mess with Ctrl+F searches.

Edited by Zapp Branniglenn

4 hours ago, Zapp Branniglenn said:

Creating your own annotated Master Document of copy/pasted material for a script as lengthy as FE12 can't take more than an hour right? A very monotonous hour, sure, but you can always share it when you're done. And suddenly it's a community resource! Like when you made a list of every named character.

I've done stuff like this for games, except it took much longer because I was typing the script out from scratch alongside game footage (not every game series has full scripts posted online). The work was further slowed down by other standards I had for the project. Every character was sectioned off into their own document. Every line was annotated with the exact datamined game file it was associated with. And I omitted a lot of punctuation. Because contraction words and commas notoriously mess with Ctrl+F searches.

I actually have done it myself already for Shadows of Valentia. Though since it's personal use, it's something of a roughshod job with the website's header mixed in there every now and then. Functional, but not professional looking.

Edited by Jotari