The Mafia to End all Mafias - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

Just now, Makaze said:

FEF both hasn't used their action yet (word choice implies didn't try) and failed last night?

Could be a slip, could be bad wording.  I wouldn't judge based off of that.

They said it's 1x and they haven't used it (meaning I would just take it as not consumed) whereas they were blocked last night I would assume they tried to use it.

Alternatively it could just be a slip but I think that holds less merit than other stuff involved because you can find slips from town who just make mistakes.

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I should also note that my power is a one-time use and I have not used it yet. I tried to use it tonight and got blocked

The whole part does say they tried to use it and were blocked in the same line. *Check unbolded here

4 hours ago, Shinori said:

I'm sorry.

R.I.P me being second-top poster

20 minutes ago, Makaze said:

What is your personal PoE?

Shinori or FEF

I don’t like the mass roleblock not stopping the kill. FEF I’ve said since D1 and I think you V Eury is T/T. 

11 minutes ago, Makaze said:

FEF's role is not a backup.

It’s gravedigger/ role thief. Gravedigger makes more flavour sense too.

I guess it's not super widely known by the players involved here but maybe makaze or eury would know.

I don't like to give town information when I'm scum.  I will do things like blow a 1x early just to keep town behind as much as possible early on, and I feel like I'm very likely to not claim my role when I don't need to as a wolf.

2 minutes ago, JamieIsBored said:

R.I.P me being second-top poster

Shinori or FEF

I don’t like the mass roleblock not stopping the kill. FEF I’ve said since D1 and I think you V Eury is T/T. 

It’s gravedigger/ role thief. Gravedigger makes more flavour sense too.

Okay, Jamie is town. Probably dies tonight.

If FEF is town, my reads will change.

I also have suspicions about Shinori. There is too much reliance on role tin foils for comfort.

I still place Eury way before Shinori atm, but Shinori is playing a very weird character. Constantly talking about how antitown their role is, making nonsense assumptions about the abilities Ellie must have had without any reasoning. I expect town Shinori to be smarter than this.

I mean my role is just fucked for town - and I proved it last night by proving that I blocked multiple people while also being unable to block the kill.

Safeguard is dead so either the remaining scum had a strongarm and can't be redirected or roleblocked or my role just literally can't stop kills.

I asked sunwoo about this day 1 and they told me they couldn't answer if I could block kills or not.

This is why I started out just pointing out my role being anti-town day 1.  Because i couldn't confirm if it would even be of help to town.  If I use it n1 for example - I just actively block more town than scum, and scum potentially can't have their killed blocked.

This also had to do with how we would get our 'EXTRA DAY' that I talked about maybe being able to get us, but I actively said "I'm not sure if it would even work" because of the fact that I wasn't confirmed if i could block kills or not.

Also if I'm scum why the fuck do I put up Eury/Ichigo in the lynch yesterday and then actively push ichigo out when I probably could have controled thread a bit more and pushed Eury out.

Makaze, you said you were gonna sheep me yourself.

I basically talked FE fan down.

Ichigo would vote Eury to self-pres.

Just now, JamieIsBored said:

If you don’t, then people are gonna hunt for you and you’ll get caught in mass claim. Not claiming as scum!mass roleblocker is the worst play imo. 

SF likes to give fake claims - and I could easily come up with something that fits in this set up that isn't Mass roleblocker 1x.

I also could have easily pushed it in a way that I was like less likely to claim early and be someone who claims later.

Like as scum - I just blow the 1x mass roleblock n1 following a misslynch

Come in day 2 with no information and DONT put up ichigo vs eury as my proposed PoE, just put up FE Fan/Eury or something.

Also I have ZERO reaosn to hard town read Aster as hard as I do when a couple people were kind of willing to push them out the door.  I could just let that shit go.

There are plenty of reasons as to why I'm town here because if I'm a wolf I'm just hard town-siding.

1 minute ago, Makaze said:

You should know none of that matters.

Bring me a pelt.

I brought ichigo.

FE Fan is the next one.  If it's not FE Fan I'll snap vote someone in F3 and just fucking not look back and if you wanna lynch me then so be it.

RE-read the game with the knowledge that I'm a 1x mass roleblocker that is unsure of if I can block kills and tell me how I'm scum that pushed my buddy out day 2 without using my 1x mass roleblock.

I quite literally could have swung my vote and FE Fan's vote yesterday towards Eury.  And Ichigo voting eury would put it at 3.  That would make it 3 v 3 tie which is a no lynch, or one of you - who both had eury as a PoE, would have swapped to Eury.

I have zero reason to push Ichigo out if I'm his buddy when I'm actively power wolfing in the thread and controlling the thread.

18 minutes ago, JamieIsBored said:

My redemption for not being aggressive enough last game.

I “picked out” Ichigo immediately Day 1, why is it “for show” when I do it, but for Makaze it’s towny? 

He did. That message is from Elie 100%. Maybe his message tells someone a random action of the night?

Scared of Doc before going into -Lo? 🤷‍♂️

My action failed yes. 

The bolded notion is exactly what I was meaning by the comment in FEF's post earlier:

6 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

All right, I wanted to keep this secret, but I guess I have to.

I can copy the role PM of a dead player and then use that copied ability on an alive player. So that cop role DF had? Where they can find out the role of another player? I can copy it and use it.

If I was Mafia...Bluedoom would have been dead Night 1.

Their logic at the start of this day phase, was the concept of Copying DF's cop role, and then using it as a basis to "Why FEF is NOT SCUM/MAFIA."

When the entire scenario is impossible, unless one of the cop actions (which neither flipped to be) was a DAY ACTION to check someone. There is no world, with either DF's or Ichigo's role, that would have allowed them to scan Bluedoom and kill him N1 securely knowing he was the doctor.

This was the reason why I found the notion early on with FEF's claim kinda iffy, and then they stated later they HELD ACTION N1, and failed N2. Why would town-sided player hold/not pick up a x2 Cop Role that we Mislynched? There is no world that you should ever leave a role to that caliber unclaimed as town, period, since they would be fulfilling their aspect of being a BACKUP/Grave Digger that is meant to supplement if town loses a powerful role. 

It makes zero sense to have Idled N1, and then attempted to act on the night Shinori claimed to Mass Block. 

---

However, the fact that Ichigo was a cop, likely means that Bluedoom WAS checked and identified as a Doc, in most cases. Because I do not see a world in which Bluedoom took priority over Shinori (loudest player by far and was read fairly ok for the most part), Makaze, or Myself for the fact that Ichigo dying meant that I won the 1v1 on my side. To me, Bluedoom was a rather obscure target, one less likely to be watched, and if he was indeed known as the Doc by Ichigo scan, it was why he was killed N2.

The Paranoia/use of Bluedoom death as logic of trying to state "I'm not Mafia because he didn't die N1" sounds contrived at best, and was likely their best attempt to spin fakeclaim IMO. The unclear nature of their role/their Night actions is also extremely suss to me, and I'm willing to bet on another 1v1 to settle it. 

Doesn't matter maybe cause MU game but I subbed into this game D3 - I've been actively working on getting away from bussing and have power wolfed pretty heavily this game even though I was a suspect basically the whole time.

I do not need to bus Ichigo here.  You know I'm town so let's just get this bread.

3493dc9ad01ee3437082276a646dc8dd.png

Anyway I will probably sleep.

If you hammer so be it, if you don't so be it.

If you think there is even the possibility that I am a wolf that please feel free to go back through the game and try to case me because I guarantee it that if you really look there are plenty more reasons ot town read me than to scum read me.

Side note, while I was looking at vote histories I found this gem.

74bc68cedb93f4d24cf5b0ecd7c45398.png

Probably my best ever town vote history I think I've ever had.  I caught all 3 scum on the same day.  Alyssa was the deep wolf though that went unchecked by the rest of town until F3.  Fun game.

I don't work off of what people would do. WIFOM is a genre.

Only things that directly impact win condition, like death of allies, matters.

That said, I think FEF coming in and answering the mechanics questions is the only thing missing here.

In this case though I think how I handled Ichigo should be damning.  You can say Wifom but when I'm two lynches away from winning and I can actively stop town's ability to gain information.

Why would I push out Ichigo over Eury?

WIFOM totally is a thing but WIFOM doesn't just trump certain things.  Most of the time WIFOM is an argument against certain actions or reasons for certain things.  Me literally pushing Ichigo out the door though is not a WIFOM moment and I think you can agree.

That EoD could have easily have been a Eury lynch, especially if I was Ichigo's buddy.