The Mafia to End all Mafias - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Shinori said:

In this case though I think how I handled Ichigo should be damning.  You can say Wifom but when I'm two lynches away from winning and I can actively stop town's ability to gain information.

Why would I push out Ichigo over Eury?

WIFOM totally is a thing but WIFOM doesn't just trump certain things.  Most of the time WIFOM is an argument against certain actions or reasons for certain things.  Me literally pushing Ichigo out the door though is not a WIFOM moment and I think you can agree.

That EoD could have easily have been a Eury lynch, especially if I was Ichigo's buddy.

I'm more worried about the things you wouldn't do as town.

Muddying waters with meaningless role spec is something I'd hope you wouldn't do as town.

Regardless, it depends on FEF flip.

5 hours ago, Eurykins said:

Why would you NOT copy/use DF's role as Town!FEF, knowing that town LOST THEIR COP D1 MISLYNCH? Why would you not do the backup role there, and use it to scum hunt as the replacement cop and either CLEAR or OUT a scum check? 

Very, very simply, I didn't know how valuable it was. I still don't, to be honest, and I don't understand why it would be bad to not copy it immediately. I'm getting very mixed signals by multiple people about how good/bad these roles are, and I honestly don't really understand how DF's role and Ichigo's are similar?

1 hour ago, JamieIsBored said:

But you wouldn’t have got your results until Day 2 and even then Marth died immediately the night after? 

Like I said, I'm under the assumption that I would have gotten the result during N1 before selecting someone to kill, because I'm not sure how the Cop role really works.

1 hour ago, Makaze said:

@Fire Emblem Fan

At what time of the phase are you able to use your copying action, and are you able to use the role that you copied the same phase that you copied it?

Anytime during the Night, and I believe I have use the copied ability the same Night.

1 hour ago, Shinori said:

Also still kind of concerned over why town!FE wouldn't take the full cop.

Because like I said, I didn't know or understand how valuable that is, and still don't, really.

1 hour ago, Makaze said:

@Fire Emblem Fan

Source?

Does this mean that they can't use it at all because they failed or do they get at another attempt?

I was told after my failed attempt last night that I would have another attempt Night 3, if I make it. Because it was blocked and therefore not actually used yet.

1 hour ago, Shinori said:

They said it's 1x and they haven't used it (meaning I would just take it as not consumed) whereas they were blocked last night I would assume they tried to use it.

Exactly that.

49 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

When the entire scenario is impossible, unless one of the cop actions (which neither flipped to be) was a DAY ACTION to check someone. There is no world, with either DF's or Ichigo's role, that would have allowed them to scan Bluedoom and kill him N1 securely knowing he was the doctor.

This was the reason why I found the notion early on with FEF's claim kinda iffy, and then they stated later they HELD ACTION N1, and failed N2. Why would town-sided player hold/not pick up a x2 Cop Role that we Mislynched? There is no world that you should ever leave a role to that caliber unclaimed as town, period, since they would be fulfilling their aspect of being a BACKUP/Grave Digger that is meant to supplement if town loses a powerful role. 

It makes zero sense to have Idled N1, and then attempted to act on the night Shinori claimed to Mass Block. 

Because, like I said, I have no idea if the scenario works or not. I assumed that's how it worked, but I guess I don't understand the abilities correctly?

And to be honest, I completely forgot about Shinori's claim role when I attempted to use my ability last night and was at first confused about why the action failed, until Sunwoo told me I'd have another shot.

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Very, very simply, I didn't know how valuable it was. I still don't, to be honest, and I don't understand why it would be bad to not copy it immediately. I'm getting very mixed signals by multiple people about how good/bad these roles are, and I honestly don't really understand how DF's role and Ichigo's are similar?

Like I said, I'm under the assumption that I would have gotten the result during N1 before selecting someone to kill, because I'm not sure how the Cop role really works.

Anytime during the Night, and I believe I have use the copied ability the same Night.

Because like I said, I didn't know or understand how valuable that is, and still don't, really.

I was told after my failed attempt last night that I would have another attempt Night 3, if I make it. Because it was blocked and therefore not actually used yet.

Exactly that.

Because, like I said, I have no idea if the scenario works or not. I assumed that's how it worked, but I guess I don't understand the abilities correctly?

And to be honest, I completely forgot about Shinori's claim role when I attempted to use my ability last night and was at first confused about why the action failed, until Sunwoo told me I'd have another shot.

You can copy Ichigo?

And here's what I think is happening:

Eury or Jamie is scum. They were okay with performing and putting a vote in to lynch Ichigo, and they selected Bluedoom for death that Night because it's seemingly random. They know I'm suspected and put in the PoE, so they know they could probably get a myslynch on me today, and kill again during the Night, giving them THREE free kills (Bluedoom, myself, whoever they kill tonight), and heavily swinging things in Mafia's favor and giving them a very good chance if snatching the victory.

2 minutes ago, Makaze said:

You can copy Ichigo?

I believe I can now that he's dead, yes.

Whatever happens, just know that every single thing I've said this entire game has been the truth. Not once have I lied about anything. I know some have wanted me gone since my very first post, so since I'm about to bite it, you're getting your wish and have fun going down to just three players left, I guess, lol.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Also feels bad that everyone took their sweet time over every single other decision and lynch, but everyone's just immediately ready to get rid of me as soon as the day starts.

What strategy do you recommend as your legacy?

A perspective slip is where you give away what information you have available by assuming you couldn't without that info.

You did this first when you didn't copy DF N1, and you did it again just now when you suggested the doc instead of DF again. This undervaluing of a fullcop is something that could only happen when you don't see it as helping you win.

##Vote @Fire Emblem Fan

Automated Votecount

Fire Emblem Fan (3): Eurykins (15), Shinori (57), Makaze (20)
Eurykins (1): Fire Emblem Fan (20)
Not voting (1): JamieIsBored (7)

Spoiler

VOTING HISTORY

Page 26:
#635: Fire Emblem Fan voted for Eurykins

Page 28:
#683: Eurykins voted for Fire Emblem Fan
#685: Shinori voted for Fire Emblem Fan

Page 30:
#747: Makaze voted for Fire Emblem Fan

The seven pillars of wisdom got lost in the sands of Arabia, or something.

On 9/6/2024 at 7:26 PM, Sunwoo said:

Dear Fire Emblem Fan,

You are the song “Seven Pillars of Wisdom,” which is about T.E. Lawrence of Arabia.

Once during the night phase, you may reply to your role PM with: Night X – <USER1>’s journey has only begun. <USER1> must be dead, but can be any alignment. You will copy <USER1>’s ability. On the same night, you will then reply: Night X – Target <USER2> with the seven pillars of wisdom. <USER2> must be alive. You will use your copied action on <USER2>.

You are aligned with the Entente. You win when all threats to your alignment are removed.

It is now N3.

N3 will end at a time I haven't decided yet.