The Mafia to End all Mafias - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a PoE that I personally needed to solve in

I could see 3 potential teams - subject to a re-read cause I didn't really do that.

Ichigo/FE Fan
Jamie/Eury
Ichigo/Eury

I'll be honest I think I was kind of town reading eury - but she town read me and she normally only does that as scum.  At the same time she normally kills me frame 0 if she's scum and im town.

Hmm.

My read on Jamie is a little different than it was on the first day, mostly due to the claim. I won't say I'm 100% convinced Jamie is Town, but I'm feeling more confident in thinking they are. I obviously still don't know much about all these different abilities/roles/powers, but from what I gather, their claimed role isn't typically Mafia.

I also think Bluedoom is probably Town, nothing has seemed off or suspicious to me about them yet.

If you are scum reading me Makaze - I'll out the information I have from the night phase - I guess it's from Elie - as well as my role.

I think my role hard clears me, but it's just anti town.

6 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I could see 3 potential teams - subject to a re-read cause I didn't really do that.

Ichigo/FE Fan
Jamie/Eury
Ichigo/Eury

I'll be honest I think I was kind of town reading eury - but she town read me and she normally only does that as scum.  At the same time she normally kills me frame 0 if she's scum and im town.

We have an agreeable PoE, so I'll reassess after the lim

Why not Ichigo/Jamie?

3 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

If your role is anti-town, how would it clear you? Are there Town rules that actually work against Town?

The game host rarely throws roles in that explicitly prove your alignment. They may sprinkle something in to confuse people.

The overall rule is that any role could be any alignment. Even a mafia cop is possible. This would be beneficial for the mafia if the game has a role cop, for example. This game seems like it has a lot of roles. Not all of them can be that useful or it becomes unbalanced just by the number of players on each team.

9 minutes ago, Makaze said:

We have an agreeable PoE, so I'll reassess after the lim

Why not Ichigo/Jamie?

Ichigo/Jamie maybe a thing but there were some interactions between them day 1 that kind of felt unpairing.

16 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Ichigo/FE Fan
Jamie/Eury
Ichigo/Eury

Well idk if you can apply that here because in this scenario a town! Jamie would catch her on the kill. I guess that should imply that they're not scum together though, huh?

1 minute ago, Bluedoom said:

Well idk if you can apply that here because in this scenario a town! Jamie would catch her on the kill. I guess that should imply that they're not scum together though, huh?

I think we can assume that the NK would dodge a watcher or kill the watcher. The fact that they killed Elieson and that Jamie watched Shinori suggests some very interesting mechanical play choices.

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, if Jamie watches someone, they can actually see if that person killed someone else?

They can see if that person was visited by someone else. The Watcher wants to watch the same person the Mafia kill, so they can find out who killed them.

They see whoever visits that person.

So if jamie had watched ELIE  - they would have seen who visited Elie.

Instead they claim to have watched me and claimed that Elieson visited me.

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So, if they watched Shinori, and Elieson visited Shinori, that would just mean that Elieson did actually send Shinori a message through their courier role? That's what it sounds like to me, anyway.

That's correct.

Work servers be poop, so got a chance to pop in. Also hi Makaze! Long time no see!

Question: Most of us were kinda blindsighted by Elieson claiming JK (which I figured painted himself as a target): Why was HE not watched after blurbing that very obvious claim in-thread right before D1 ended?

*From my PoV, JK is basically RB + Protection in one go, if I recall the role right (basically putting someone in a box and keeping them from acting, but also protecting them?), which is something that town should not have, and would also indicate a power role was being used on someone else (cause I don't think you can self-target roles like that, which would leave Elieson open to attacks in N1). I don't think any form of scum would let one live if they have the opportunity to kill them, which is what bothers me that Elieson wasn't watched.

WIFOM.

Jamie could watch Elie - but scum could maybe assume that Elie would be watched and then aim their kill at me.

Also if Elie was actually JK - Jamie could have claimed roleblocked (via elie) which may have been the plan and it fell apart after Elie's claim.

Point is it's hard to judge just based on the night action target cause, like me personally, I can see reasonings for targeting myself or Elie and then it becomes a game of "Who will scum target since they know I exist" and "Who will jamie target since they want to catch us but we know they exist"

The problem I have is: IF you assume (and I think Elie stated in his posts) that you read as town, and you considered yourself a high town priority:

Had Elieson's claim been true, he would've likely protected/jailed you to keep you safe.
That leaves only Elieson to kill.

Even if they were "torn" between who was potential target, one person puts another in a box, and suddenly there's only one option to pick: Elieson, or someone else entirely. There would be no other choices that can be made, unless you assume that Elie wouldn't protect you despite townreading you and seeing  most people reading you in a decent light.