The Mafia to End all Mafias - GAME OVER

Sunwoo

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not gonna out the information probably.

If I die with it I die with it.

Mass claim is up in the air as an option but I also think we have a good chance of hitting a wolf which makes mass claiming just worse.

But going into *YLO with no claims is dangerous because let's say we get into *YLO and then two people both claim doctor.

If you lynch the wrong one, you just lose the game.

Votals

Ichigo (1): Makaze

Not voting (6): everyone else

D2 ends in a little under 23 hours.

13 hours ago, JamieIsBored said:

I picked Shinori because a) I wanted to stick to my word in thread, b) I assumed Elie was lying about Jailkeeper and c) I thought scum might pivot to Shinori with the claim thinking I’d watch Elie.

@Ichigo Saw you asked about this. 

Fuck it - I will claim my role and plan and we can decide on that before lynch today.

I am a 1x Mass roleblock.  I didn't use it last night - if I was scum I would have just to fuck ANY information being gathered.  I am not given confirmation that my mass roleblock stops the kill - but I think it should.  This could mean I'm the 'pseudo protective' role in this game because I can just ensure one night where no one dies.  This is assuming mafia are required to send a kill, which is also normal practice.

If we kill today - I can mass roleblock - putting us at 4-2.  Then we can sleep tomorrow day phase AFTER a mass claim - putting us at 3-2.

Or we can sleep today - Jamie watches me to ensure I live until tomorrow - I DO NOT MASS BLOCK - Scum kill puts us at 4-2.  Then tomorrow we lynch after mass claim putting us at 3-2 - and then I do my mass role block.  And if it doesn't block scum kill we lose if we misslynched.

Option 2 is the better option because it forces scum to act first with their kill.  But option 1 is the safer option if you don't trust me, seeing as if I'm lying about my role and we do option 2 - town would lose on a misslynch tomorrow because we would be 4-2 a misslynch + night kill takes us to 2-2 and scum wins.

The reason why this probably works - Scum didn't block Jamie last night - which means they probably don't have a roleblocker.  They also didn't block Elie.  So if they have a roleblock they shot it blindly into the wind instead of targeting the claimed PR watcher that can ruin them.

If jamie doesn't watch me then they are probably scum in this case (barring like scum redirect).

That being said there are some things that could fuck with this plan of getting us an extra day if I was to do option 2.  Otherwise we just do option 1 which just doesn't really do ANYTHING except prove my role so in that case idk if it's worth me even using it in that case.

Hell they also didn't redirect Jamie away from me for example to someone else entirely so I don't think scum has those unless it's a 1x ability, which they could have.

They could also have a like 1x ninja or something.

On 9/9/2024 at 6:21 PM, JamieIsBored said:

##Unvote
##Vote: @Aster

Going to be my last post today as I have to sleep for college, but I’m not liking how Aster is darting around things and just not giving her opinion, even when I asked her to stick her flag in the ground and pick a side she still put me and FEF as “potential leads” and then said she thought we were both town? Then the Ichigo vote which she commits to for all of 5 seconds before unvoting again, it’s not looking good for her. 

Sorry that you’re having a rough time of it, I’m feeling pretty similar right now, but this just doesn’t look right to me at all. 

Honestly don't feel like this post comes from a wolf?  The self-pres wagon was DF who I was heavily pushing and instead they go Aster who's unlikely to go over I feel with me heavily kind of defending them.  Kind of willing to probably remove Jamie from my PoE based off of this post maybe.

Ichigo/FE Fan
Ichigo/Eury

That makes this my current thoughts on PoE?

I also think I'm lowering my bluedoom town read toward the middle.

I'm something like this:

Town:

Shinori
Makaze
Jamie
Bluedoom
Eury=FE fan
Ichigo

Scum

God I wish elie had time to post more yesterday.  They waffled on their Eury read and I wanted more opinion from them on that.  They initiall gut scum read Eury and then said that they got the feeling their gut scumr ead on Eury was wrong.  Then they ended the day voting Eury though.

Gut read I want to actually through Eury into my town pile if I'm to be perfectly honest.  That would make my PoE like Bluedoom/FE Fan/Ichigo though and earlier I was kind of feeling better about Ichigo but man am I torn on that slot.  The way they post in the game doesn't really FEEL bad.

50 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Fuck it - I will claim my role and plan and we can decide on that before lynch today.

I am a 1x Mass roleblock.  I didn't use it last night - if I was scum I would have just to fuck ANY information being gathered.  I am not given confirmation that my mass roleblock stops the kill - but I think it should.  This could mean I'm the 'pseudo protective' role in this game because I can just ensure one night where no one dies.  This is assuming mafia are required to send a kill, which is also normal practice.

If we kill today - I can mass roleblock - putting us at 4-2.  Then we can sleep tomorrow day phase AFTER a mass claim - putting us at 3-2.

Or we can sleep today - Jamie watches me to ensure I live until tomorrow - I DO NOT MASS BLOCK - Scum kill puts us at 4-2.  Then tomorrow we lynch after mass claim putting us at 3-2 - and then I do my mass role block.  And if it doesn't block scum kill we lose if we misslynched.

Option 2 is the better option because it forces scum to act first with their kill.  But option 1 is the safer option if you don't trust me, seeing as if I'm lying about my role and we do option 2 - town would lose on a misslynch tomorrow because we would be 4-2 a misslynch + night kill takes us to 2-2 and scum wins.

You say Option 2 is better, but this also comes with its own issues:
1. If Jamie is scum!watcher, then him watching you becomes irrelevant protection wise because he can easily lie about doing so, and certainly wouldn't prevent scum from shooting you.

2. If scum has a ninja/any form of stealth roles, then watching you once again is a moot point, and is not a means of catching nor protecting you. We get no info, you die for free without using Mass RB, and we're no better off tomorrow.

There is another option, but if we opt to commit to it, I will be doing in the notion of putting it to a 1v1 between myself and Ichigo (If that is being marked as a PoE for interactions by most of you guys), and would probably request that you do MRB depending on who ends up being marked for death this day phase. 

I mean I went over this:

If jamie doesn't watch me it's basically just lynch them.  They weren't roleblocked or redirected and they are the obvious target to do that too n1.  Why run the risk of running into a watcher if you don't need to.

This means either Jamie is wolf - and is forced to let me live to next day or be lynched.

Or he's town and he's going to target me and most likely be come the mafia kill target.

I think a 1v1 between you and ichigo is kind of set there are the moment anyway to be honest, the question is probably finding the buddy.

I kind of think it's just Ichigo at the moment and my misgivings related to them are just kind of me second guessing myself.

3 minutes ago, Shinori said:

I mean I went over this:

If jamie doesn't watch me it's basically just lynch them.  They weren't roleblocked or redirected and they are the obvious target to do that too n1.  Why run the risk of running into a watcher if you don't need to.

This means either Jamie is wolf - and is forced to let me live to next day or be lynched.

Or he's town and he's going to target me and most likely be come the mafia kill target.

I think a 1v1 between you and ichigo is kind of set there are the moment anyway to be honest, the question is probably finding the buddy.

I kind of think it's just Ichigo at the moment and my misgivings related to them are just kind of me second guessing myself.

I understand that, but what prevents Jamie from LYING about whether he's watching you or not? Or lying about the results? That's what I don't understand. Anyone can fabricate results, and unless there's someone else who can track/verify the fact that Jamie is indeed overseeing you, that's the issue I have?

He could claim to have watched you and saw no one, which on townside would imply a ninja would kill you. We get zero info and you die. If this is due to a one time scum role or passive role, it doesn't mean by default that Jamie is scum. HOW DO YOU EXPECT US TO DISCERN THIS IF THIS OCCURS? (Town v Scum Jamie)
He could claim to have watched and saw someone else (for mislynch) as scumside, and you would die N2 and that would just throw the game as well.

There are pockets in where I don't see how the action of him watching you guarantees we find/lock down town reads or scum in this instance, or how him watching you = guaranteed "protection".

49 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Honestly don't feel like this post comes from a wolf?  The self-pres wagon was DF who I was heavily pushing and instead they go Aster who's unlikely to go over I feel with me heavily kind of defending them.  Kind of willing to probably remove Jamie from my PoE based off of this post maybe.

What I said in this post still makes sense to me but it does occur to me that Jamie did something similar in my first game I played with them and they were scum there.

Still think it probably holds to be more likely from town.  Really question why scum wouldn't kill this slot though.

I mean yeah jamie could lie about this stuff which is also why i said initially i think i shouldn't even state anything about my role but fuq it i did.

Maybe it is best to just mass claim.

Probably good to just mass claim honestly instead of mass claim before *YLO.

Also, since this probably is a question that others may ask, to confirm:
I still have no issues personally with Ichigo's slot myself. However, many of you are concerned about his association with myself and others, which is putting him and myself as probably the 2 highest considerations for this day phase, unless I'm missing something.

Why I'm willing to commit to a 1v1 if necessary, is for the simple fact that I may be entirely wrong on my read on him, and am willing to trust gut/PoE things from the rest of the players, if there's something I'm not personally seeing as being scummy coming from him. So if this feels "out of character" in terms of me reading my slot on him/being willing to consolidate, it comes down to my reads haven't changed, but it's being voiced as being most prominently challenged by the rest of players, and I might just be having an incorrect read on a scum slot.

Jamie still remains an iffy slot for me, and not much has changed to alter that fact.

I understand now why you noted your role as anti-town, especially if DF ever did a cop check on you (I think it was role cop, if I recall the flip right?), since it was basically Aster's scum role last game lol. Kinda surprised you chose to hold the shot last night, with Elie saying the things he did, amongst other things, but I can sorta understand with it being a one shot role.

Makaze has not bothered me since subbing in, and I've yet to think of a reason for scum-sided alignment to have an Insomniac role. Slot appears to be fine to me, atm, despite prior player's scattered playing style and flailing pre-sub.

I probably need to re-read FEF/Bluedoom if I'm to be honest (the latter tonally struck me kinda townish vibes/wasn't bothered by them earlier, and I don't think anything has changed for the worse). The former (FEF) felt better than me than the DF slot yesterday, but we know how that flip went so.... 😕

I may need to check on them though, in those considerations.

Beforehand I had Jamie / DF/Aster in the priority. Which now shifts to Jamie/Makaze as of D2, with the latter shifting off the radar moreso.

So I'd say that puts a pool of Jamie/FEF/Ichigo by everyone else's PoE as the trio to consider. I will need to recheck once I'm off work in about 4hrs or so, though, because lunch break be finishing.