Sunwoo

• Replies 784
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

Eury's town reading me.

That's her scum tell.

You sure that's not just you regretting the fact that you now have to read a wallpost because you summoned me back to the thread with a ping? Ask and ye shall receive lmao.

Honestly...I'm fine with being voted first day at this point. If it'll get the game going, okay. I will be busy anyway so maybe signing up just wasn't a good idea.

##Vote: Aster

Man we have almost similar ish reads but not fully.

Mind you we still have time.  I don't think you should have elie in your do not touch list considering we have more time than just until tomorrow.  Elie promised content though today so if he doesn't post content, he can maybe go on the shit list.  Maybe not a today thing but definitely a thing

Meanwhile I'm town leaning Aster and scum leaning DF.  Kind of have Jamie a little low in my list as well.  I'll maybe expand on this in a little bit.

I'm tired, I don't have good reads on anyone, and I don't see how my role can help anyone and I don't know how to respond to being hard scum read so early so please vote me so we can get the game started proper. Good luck going forward.

3 minutes ago, Aster said:

Honestly...I'm fine with being voted first day at this point. If it'll get the game going, okay. I will be busy anyway so maybe signing up just wasn't a good idea.

Nope.

Don't self-vote.  Period.  Do not make this a habit.  If you are busy somewhat, that's fine and understandable.  But don't self-vote.

If anything if you suddenly just DO NOT have the time to play AT ALL, ask Sunwoo to see if they can find a sub for you potentially.

Just now, Aster said:

I'm tired, I don't have good reads on anyone, and I don't see how my role can help anyone and I don't know how to respond to being hard scum read so early so please vote me so we can get the game started proper. Good luck going forward.

Game has already been started proper.  Voting you and lynching you doesn't really speed that along at all.

You, DF, and FEF may not be used to day 1 mafia playing too much yet, but the rest of us are.  We know how to generally play without active information from roles or deaths.

Like...this early there's nothing to go on and ergo no defense I could possibly bring up so I won't fight it.

Just now, Aster said:

Yes, but I don't have any arguments.

Doesn't matter, self voting doesn't help and is just going to make the game worse.

If you are town and you are choosing to self vote then you are just actively making the game HARDER for everyone involved.

And if you are scum and self-voting, then what you are doing is a MASSIVE slap in the face to your partner.

Take some time, and try to generate some thoughts.  People have actively done stuff that you could try to voice your opinions on.

Let's do it this way:

What do you feel about FEF and Jamie voting other?

How do you feel about me scum reading and pushing DF?

It's true, I haven't brought up a single good point. I don't have any good points because to me all this looks like is just people going back and forth pointing fingers based on barely anything and that's not enough for me to seriously make an accusation on so I'm not comfortable voting for anyone because lynching someone who's town just gets us in more trouble and I know that we're supposed to take that risk but firing in the dark is just not something I'm good at. The odds are too high that we screw the town over so if someone has to be screwed over choose me because I'm not going to help in the slightest either in the first phase or going forward since my role is...I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. No offense Sun I can't help that's just what I rolled.

1 minute ago, Aster said:

Like...this early there's nothing to go on and ergo no defense I could possibly bring up so I won't fight it.

You're new to mafia.  This type of game is made for you and newer players to kind of learn.

Do not just give up or I will actively mod kill myself to force the game to move forward for you.

The most we are asking from you is your thoughts.  You have to have thoughts.  They don't have to be accurate, but your opinion and thoughts can help progress the game.

But...I don't really have thoughts. Everyone reads about the same to me. Literally all I see is that FE Fan and Jamie are accusing each other, you're trying to get the game going, Eury has points I can't refute and is playing aggressively, Ichigo I don't really know, very null, everyone has an equal chance in my head of being anything right now.

1 minute ago, Aster said:

It's true, I haven't brought up a single good point. I don't have any good points because to me all this looks like is just people going back and forth pointing fingers based on barely anything and that's not enough for me to seriously make an accusation on so I'm not comfortable voting for anyone because lynching someone who's town just gets us in more trouble and I know that we're supposed to take that risk but firing in the dark is just not something I'm good at. The odds are too high that we screw the town over so if someone has to be screwed over choose me because I'm not going to help in the slightest either in the first phase or going forward since my role is...I have no idea what I'm supposed to do with it. No offense Sun I can't help that's just what I rolled.

It's not shooting into the dark.

This is your opinion as a newer player.  This is actively why I posted OTHER games for you to maybe take the time to read the first few pages so you can see how players interact with each other in other games.

You don't even have to GENERATE the content yourself.  People are just outright ASKING you questions.  Just read over the questions and answer them.

Just now, Aster said:

But...I don't really have thoughts. Everyone reads about the same to me. Literally all I see is that FE Fan and Jamie are accusing each other, you're trying to get the game going, Eury has points I can't refute and is playing aggressively, Ichigo I don't really know, very null, everyone has an equal chance in my head of being anything right now.

This part is good.  You're starting to get thoughts generated that work well.

Eury being aggressive to you, you played scum with her last game.  Do you think her aggressive push towards you is from an angle of scum trying to push an easy target?

FE fan and jamie are accusing each other, go back and read it just a little bit more and tell me which of these options you think is the LIKLIEST:
1: Both FE Fan and Jamie are town
2: FE Fan is scum pushing town Jamie
3: Jamie is scum pushing town FE Fan
4: Both are scum and they are just putting on a show.

Ichigo being null is fine, I think that's somewhat fair, if you want maybe a bit better of a time reading them, maybe read over the posts specifically between Ichigo and Jamie and tell me your general thoughts about those.

1 minute ago, Shinori said:

Eury being aggressive to you, you played scum with her last game.  Do you think her aggressive push towards you is from an angle of scum trying to push an easy target?

I don't know. I think it's normal because this is what you're supposed to do Day 1. Not to mention I don't know how she plays as town to contrast with wolf.

For the options you mentioned, I personally have the gut feeling they're both town and just accusing each other based on vibes. I think I'm most apprehensive of Jamie of the two for getting defensive so quickly but like that's the pot calling the kettle on my end.

2 minutes ago, Shinori said:

Man we have almost similar ish reads but not fully.

Mind you we still have time.  I don't think you should have elie in your do not touch list considering we have more time than just until tomorrow.  Elie promised content though today so if he doesn't post content, he can maybe go on the shit list.  Maybe not a today thing but definitely a thing

Meanwhile I'm town leaning Aster and scum leaning DF.  Kind of have Jamie a little low in my list as well.  I'll maybe expand on this in a little bit.

I can agree with the bolded notion (Given the extension). Again I think I did post in the wall about Elie:

26 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

Elieson - Inactive/not Posted yet, and enough players have posted by this point to where I'd rather settle/consolidate on someone who has posts/cases at this time for associative reads. Pass for today (unless posts change massively by end of D1 that drive my consideration completely away from townside), and would not lynch.

Meaning that, with the bolded, if he promises content and fails to deliver, I fully agree with putting Elie on a shit list for dumping empty promises into the game. Also, as stated in the posts too, heads up should have been given to Sunwoo before the game started to announce that both Elie AND Bluedoom would potentially be absent in the earlier half of D1, which was never told to us (only the latter was), so we could have different expectations given the notion.

Just wanted to state that I would rather lynch a slot that is bothering me in active posting rather than a purely inactive slot if at all possible for D1. Better for reads/associated flips imo.

9 minutes ago, Aster said:

SERIOUS NOTION: I'm pretty sure, based on previous votals- I'm literally the ONLY one voting you directly atm, unless I missed others voting you so far in the thread? 

I also asked multiple questions/concerns, in hopes you could provided means of helping me understand any form of reads/votes you may be able to use to help townside scumhunt and otherwise help townside win.

Why are you shutting down under just me posting my case/concerns? (It lowkey felt like you saw the first part of my wallpost and then just crumbled or something.) The reason why I'm asking so much for... SOMETHING, is because I don't know where you stand anywhere. I don't know what you think of anyone, town or scum, and how can anyone hope to understand without you sharing said thoughts?

It doesn't matter whether you end up being right or wrong in the end, if I'm to be honest. Give us your best gut reads, feelings, whatever. Whatever big or small, anything helps.

The entire purpose of my vote on you is because I want more, to tell me whether the vibes I'm getting from you are right or not. You help ME understand where you're coming from, and what sort of thoughts you have on the players around us. 

If someone thinks someone is playing like scum, then the player in question generally answers questions that can clarify or clear the air to improve the reads on your slot. If you keep rolling over or just tossing in the towel (especially if you're townside), this does no one any favors period. (There have been multiple posts from you and Shinori back and forth so far, so I'll sit back and let that go for a bit. Just wanted to let you know what was on my mind when you did this.)

2 minutes ago, Aster said:

DF is also a hard null read.

This is fine, this is fine.  Even just you stating "X is a null read" is information that is helping to partially progress the game forward.

If they are null, I assume you have some reasons to believe they could be town AND some reasons to believe they are scum so it leaves you kind of in the middle?

This is my assumption: If it's correct, state ANYTHING that stands out to you.  What comes off as townie 'vibes' from them?  What comes off as 'scummie' vibes from them?  These can be reasons as small as kind of disliking the wording in ONE post or as big as heavily disagreeing with something.  OR MORE.

Mafia is more of a COMMUNICATION and DEDUCTION game and you can learn A LOT on day 1.  I'll give you some examples as to what is PROBABLY true in this game that I've learned already from this day phase after you respond to this post.

Also I guess this can be partial chalked up to me being a pretty garbo partner last game, since I did get noted as not coaching you much during that game @Aster. Was my bad for not being a good partner for you, since I was the more experienced player between us last game (though I did come off hiatus of several years, I still had some past experience to draw on). 😕

Okay like I'll state some stuff already right here from my personal opinion.  These are MY opinions, but tell me if you agree.

Jamie and FE fan ARE NOT wolves together.

Eury and Aster ARE NOT wolves together.

Jamie and Ichigo ARE PROBABLY NOT wolves together.

Most people would probably right: Shinori and DF ARE PROBABLY NOT wolves together.

This is based on interactions that are already happening in thread today on day 1.

2 minutes ago, Eurykins said:

The entire purpose of my vote on you is because I want more, to tell me whether the vibes I'm getting from you are right or not. You help ME understand where you're coming from, and what sort of thoughts you have on the players around us. 

If someone thinks someone is playing like scum, then the player in question generally answers questions that can clarify or clear the air to improve the reads on your slot. If you keep rolling over or just tossing in the towel (especially if you're townside), this does no one any favors period. (There have been multiple posts from you and Shinori back and forth so far, so I'll sit back and let that go for a bit. Just wanted to let you know what was on my mind when you did this.)

I understand and I'm sorry. I just didn't really know how to respond to being accused with a lengthy chunk of a message. Pressure is something I don't do well under. Again I'm fine if I'm lynched day one if it helps the game roll along but I'm sorry for self-voting.