Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix

Rodykitty

I'm waiting on an ATM card to come into the mail, so I'm stuck for ordering anything online (including MS points), but man, when that comes in and I'm able to - likely after Christmas - I'm all over this. I cannot wait.

EDIT: Notice when we were kids, how we debated MK vs. SF?

Let's just say that when Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 hit XBLA, no one was queueing for the download.

Edited by Superbus

MK's popularity really waned over the years. Now when the acronym "MK" comes up, people think "Mario Kart."

But hey, at least they aren't complete failures. I heard that MK vs. DC is actually a pretty decent game. Most people wouldn't say this about anything Sonic Team makes.

And yeah. ST HD Remix is awesome, though it does have some GLARINGLY OBVIOUS bugs that's going to tick you off for sure, the online play has very little lag, though does have some kinks in disconnect frequency.

Past the bugs, the game is amazingly solid. Pretty much every single character in the game is viable to some extent. Though, if you do get it, be prepared to get beat often because there are quite a few good players out there.

Edited by FE3 Player

MK vs. DC is a weird case of Europe getting the uncersored version while America gets the censored verison...

To get back on topic. About the online kinks. Was it this game that was using a new form of netcode handling which I can't remember the name of? I can't remember if they dropped it for this game or SF4 :(

Edited by Starwolf_UK

There wasn't enough time to implement GGPO's netcode. GGPO's netcode is going to be used for SF4 instead.

For HD Remix, though, they DID have the person that wrote the GGPO code to help out with HD Remix' netcode, so even if it isn't as good as GGPO, it is still absolutely amazing. The online kinks have nothing to do with the quality of matches, only random disconnects and such. Other bugs aren't network related, but mess up the display of life bars and have randomly no music.