TDL Story opinion poll Number 1

Phoenix

Battle Sprites in TDL  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Should battle sprites be used to give the story visual aid in certain areas?

• Battle sprites for battle scenes & other scenes.
    • Battle sprites for battle scenes only.
    • Battle sprites for other scenes only.
    • No battle sprites at all.
    • Whoa whoa, where are the mugs?

This isn't entirely urgent since I wouldn't be getting around to it until I finished posting the story anyhow, but I'm wondering if throwing in some sprites would help is all. Unfortunately I would probably need help with the sprites anyway as I only major in FE9 Styles.

It would basically work like this. When the battle sprite scene for a particular area of the story is complete, I would go back to the original story document and insert the picture, that way when the pdf is published, the picture is in the pdf. Convenient, hell I could even link to the picture in the pdf to save space, whatever works. I'm just wondering if visual aid is a good idea or not, there's sprite mugs, then there's sprite scenes :unsure:

Oh yeah, and take your time! It's not like I'm not totally bogged down with this stuff [sarcasm] <_<

Very much unneeded, but whatever...

Zat is so helpful... zank you :mellow:

This is important, hell alot of people don't read novels in real life simply because there aren't pictures.

When I was younger I wouldn't read the Bible until my mom got me a kindergarden picture version. It took that & the threat of eternal hellfire to get me to look in the actual book. That's why this is important.

This is important, hell alot of people don't read novels in real life simply because there aren't pictures.

And? Not my fault or problem if they lack motivation and education.

People on this forum (well, most) are not babies, and should not require visual aids if you wrote your story well. Sometimes it is better to leave things to the imagination of the readers.

And? Not my fault or problem if they lack motivation and education.

People on this forum (well, most) are not babies, and should not require visual aids if you wrote your story well. Sometimes it is better to leave things to the imagination of the readers.

Yeah but this is Fire Emblem we're talking about. You can read about a wyvern rider shanking someone all you want but there's nothing quite as cool as actually seeing it happen :lol:

Yeah but this is Fire Emblem we're talking about

No, this is your writing we are talking about. I would rather create an image that presents something best in my imagination than be told what I should be thinking. That leaves more room for interpretations.

Go make a comic if you want pictures.

Edited by Shuuda