Since Advancewarsnet has Fire Emblem forums can we have Advance Wars forums?

Vangaurd

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WE HAVES TEH ADVANCE WARS NEWS!!!

Official Site

they like have a new site!

it's boring right now, screenshots and movies (1 about story, 2 about units)...but in the story movie, we learn that the parasitical flowers are killing people...

and AdvanceWarsNet.com has added lots of details on CO's *cough* and so now everyone knows that Gage has massive ammounts of win...his gun has a scope! he = awesome...

ok, now there is lots of stuff for everyone to discuss...and in a few days, the people who have the game can gloat in everyone else's faces...

Gage has the best abilities so far though. Compared to him it seems like everyone else got screwed over by only having one bonus. He has like freaking three, including increased power to ranged units and upped defense. Compared to that, Brenner only has defense bonus (he's my favorite too though). I guess that working with half baked information won't give you a good idea of how well the game is balanced though, and I hope that since AW:DS was pretty well balanced, they won't regress to the dark ages of the GBA ones. I am thinking about pre-ording it because of the probability of Brawl being delayed yet again. I wonder how much information we'll get before the game comes out since it comes out pretty soon.

Advance Wars: Days of Ruin is freaking awesome! I got the game pretty much the day it came out (hate me) and have played it as much as I can since then...they did everything in this game right...from Bikes to Dusters to B-ships being able to move and attack...oh did I mention that subs now deploy submerged? yeah, take that Bomber who is guarding my port! an additional oddity is that only "transport" ships (aka landers) can land on enemy ports...subs, b-ships, and cruisers cannot...

well Gage has the best personality and I like him (which is why he is my avatar now), but as far as bonuses go, he is the worst off CO...it's sad, but true...he is good on sea maps, but that's it really...

he has +10% to defense of his indirect and sea units, and +20% to their attack...Brenner on the other hand has +20% defense across the board...so unless it is a sea battle, Brenner wins...because really indirects aren't very common...Anti-tanks (new indirect unit) would be Gage's best shot...they have crazy defense against tanks of all variants (infantry do more damage) and do insane damage against all tanks...

the music is awesome...campaign music is boring, just like AWDS, but all the charactes have awesome rock-ish music...the worst is probably Isabella's, but I would still take her music over 66% of the old CO's music...

the downside is that there is no war room (well there is a war room, but they give you strategy there, it's not a REAL war room), but to make up for this, there is 30+ "trial" maps, which are basically really hard and mostly fun, not to mention the insane ammount of maps that come on the game...

you can now have 50 Design maps instead of 3...a big improvement...just maybe?

and wifi is always a good thing, because you can trade maps, and battle (despite most of the wifi battle-maps being rigged)

and all this is just the tip of the iceberg...I heartily recommend this to anyone who in any way enjoyed previous Advance Wars-es or who needs a game to play (because you all presumably like FE, and AW is similar)...oh and it would help if you had a DS to play it on... ^.^ ...I should get like 5 posts for this...

well considering they don't tell you till Campaign 17(?) it's just stupid...

but yes, when they started the turn on your HQ or base/port/airport, then select them, select the space they are on, select CO, and for the cost of half the unit, your CO will be in the unit, automatically making it a vet, and enabling a field of upped stats that varies by CO...

but by now, both of you should know this...I'm wondering why you guys wouldn't simply mess around in VS mode...that's what I did, mess around to figure out the game, rather than let Campaign tell me...