Front Mission DS

Hibari

It's a cool game but I hated the fact that when you shoot somebody the damage spreads all over their bodies.

That and for some reason even though this takes place in the far future, these advanced war machines can barely hit a 60 foot target straight in front of them. :/

It's a cool game but I hated the fact that when you shoot somebody the damage spreads all over their bodies.

That and for some reason even though this takes place in the far future, these advanced war machines can barely hit a 60 foot target straight in front of them. :/

I think it's a more "realistic" approach, as it's not soooo far on the future, hence no sniping shots, as the Multiple hits are kinda hard to aim, like in real life, it just goes everywhere.

As for the misses... meh, it's the equivalent of the RNG.

I think it's a more "realistic" approach, as it's not soooo far on the future, hence no sniping shots, as the Multiple hits are kinda hard to aim, like in real life, it just goes everywhere.

Stating that a mech centered SRPG has any bearing on reality was your first mistake.

Stating that a mech centered SRPG has any bearing on reality was your first mistake.

Hence the " ".

Ah, c'mon,if the game was set in the present, it wouldn't make sense.

But, as it is 100-200 years in the future, seems at least plausible.

And I didn't stated anything, that was my point of view, let's not get rushy here.

Edited by Lex

An American M1A1 Abrams tank with it's German made main gun can achieve a 95% hit ratio on a target 4 kilometers away. And that is 1970s tech.

Modern BVR missiles can strike targets nearly 40 kilometers away.

It makes no sense future tech standing RIGHT next to each other can miss. In fact, they shouldn't have HP at all if they did want to make it realistic, fights should be over in one or two direct hits.

I passed it up, having played the Super Famicom version already--I didn't know of any new content added. Well, I tried it... but would rather play on the big screen.

Personally, most mech games I don't prefer, as it pushes micro management of equipment to depths I'd rather not go. Famicom has taught me this :(

An American M1A1 Abrams tank with it's German made main gun can achieve a 95% hit ratio on a target 4 kilometers away. And that is 1970s tech.

Modern BVR missiles can strike targets nearly 40 kilometers away.

It makes no sense future tech standing RIGHT next to each other can miss. In fact, they shouldn't have HP at all if they did want to make it realistic, fights should be over in one or two direct hits.

Blah, let your imagination flow., don't need to get serious.

And fights can get over in 2 hits, at least on the SNES. Savestate is your friend here ;)

Also, the DS version has more characters(from other games), and some new parts, if I'm not mistaken.

It does? That makes the game a lot more interesting. I played the SNES version and it's not something I would replay, but if there was a lot of new content...

Quoting from Wikipedia:

In the DS remake, battle sequences are tuned to use the console's dual screen setup for an easy view of the action. The DS version has many more changes and additions that make it the definitive version of Front Mission. These include:

-The ability to access and utilize large mobile weapons previously seen as boss units in the Front Mission SNES and PSOne versions. Upon meeting specific requirements, the player can control mobile weapons such as the Seaking, Clinton Type, or a prototype version of the Bogomol I seen at the end of Front Mission 4.

-The ability to control Front Mission characters from other installments such as Darril Traubel and Glen Duval. This feature is only limited to a select number of missions however.

-New additions to parts and weapons, some from other Front Mission installments like the Numsekar from Front Mission 5.

-The infamous Dragon Hand part, which could only be obtained by cheat devices, can now be obtained normally in the game.

-New secret missions and areas that expand both sides further. Numerous bonuses await upon the completion of these secret missions, such as new mobile weapons or wanzers for usage.

-Additional modes such as a high-speed battle mode where battles are done quickly via skipping and other time-cutting means. Difficulty settings are available upon completion of either side a number of times. Even more secrets and bonuses can be accessed through repeated playthroughs of either side.