What do you make Joshua and Marisa class up to? (I can't spell the base class)

Which class do you chose to have Marisa and Joshua class up to.  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which way to you chose (multiple choice)

• Both Assasins
    • Both Swordmasters
    • One of each (don't care who)
    • Only class up Joshua
    • Only class up Marisa
    • Neither (don't use them)

Assassins suck, you're better off with the Swordmaster's critical, that might as well be a one hit KO. Although on those Cyclops, Assassins are really good.

Give Joshua (as a Swordmaster) Audhulma and he can rapekill everything. He does about 56 damage with it right now (on my save). Just think how insane the critical is.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assassins suck, you're better off with the Swordmaster's critical, that might as well be a one hit KO. Although on those Cyclops, Assassins are really good.

At least assassins are awesome in FE10. Too bad you only get one near the end though....

• 1 month later...

Joshua actually makes use of the better stat caps of the swordmaster while Marissa does not, therefore, he's the swordmaster while she's the assassin. Colm's usually a rogue for me because Rennac is kind of terrible and I like the utility of the class. Plus, Colm's usually got an A support with someone else that's worth using while Rennac tends to not have any options for A-rank supports other than Dozla, who is also kind of bad.

Joshua actually makes use of the better stat caps of the swordmaster while Marissa does not, therefore, he's the swordmaster while she's the assassin. Colm's usually a rogue for me because Rennac is kind of terrible and I like the utility of the class. Plus, Colm's usually got an A support with someone else that's worth using while Rennac tends to not have any options for A-rank supports other than Dozla, who is also kind of bad.
I think I got it the wrong way round then.

I make Joshua into an Swordmaster while Marisa becomes one of the finest bench warmers I've ever seen. If I had to promote Marisa, I'd make her a Swordmaster as well. I don't like her Assassin sprite, and it's not as if it makes much of a difference.

I think I got it the wrong way round then.

Honestly, it doesn't make much of a difference unless you use stat-up items. Average stats, Joshua still only have about 22 strength at 20/20, which is hardly higher than the 20 cap for assassins. Both units end up maxing speed and skill unless you're terribly unlucky, and I think assassins only lose 1 skill in that depo (29 to swordmaster's 30 cap). Neither of them are likely to reach the cap in anything else.

So don't feel bad if you made Joshua a swordmaster, is what I'm saying.

Swordmaster for both, easily. I personally believe Assassins are the most overrated class in the history of Fire Emblem. They're pointless in this game, since nearly everyone can one round any enemy that isn't Lyon, the Demon King, Dracozombies, Cyclops, and to some extent, Deathgoyles. Dracozombies are super rare anyways.

Swordmaster for both, easily. I personally believe Assassins are the most overrated class in the history of Fire Emblem. They're pointless in this game, since nearly everyone can one round any enemy that isn't Lyon, the Demon King, Dracozombies, Cyclops, and to some extent, Deathgoyles. Dracozombies are super rare anyways.

Assassins are wonderful for taking down Cyclops.

Swordmasters, I made Joshua an assassin once, didn't like it at all. Marisa, didn't want to make the same mistake again.

Not that I have anything against assassins, I don't like relying on Lethality. I don't like relying on Criticals either, but in my opinion, is better than promoting them into assassins.

How can they be overrated if already a good number of people don't use them?

Youtube has much too many Assassin fanboys/girls. If I say one significantly bad thing about Assassins, I wouldn't be surprised to get a -10 thumbsdown. Then again, Youtube contains a disturbing amount of people who think Wendy is super special awesome, so it's best not to listen to them.

Swordmasters, I made Joshua an assassin once, didn't like it at all. Marisa, didn't want to make the same mistake again.

Not that I have anything against assassins, I don't like relying on Lethality. I don't like relying on Criticals either, but in my opinion, is better than promoting them into assassins.

So you're saying you don't like assassins OR swordmasters.

Right?

I don't get the hate either way, to be honest. Look at the difference between max stats for both Assassins and Swordmasters in this game. It's HARDLY different. It's not going to really effect you one way or the other. If anything I'd say going Assassin with Joshua or Marisa could be a pretty good idea for the storyline portion of the game because they are probably better units overall than Colm and definitely better than Rennac. Give them a picklock, away you go.

I find both to be rather overrated but you guys know that already. Defense or bust.

: D

I only used Josh.

He was so much stronger than Marisa at that point.

And he maxed out on everything at a LVL 13 Swordmaster. X3

Edited by Joshua

Actually, Assassins ARE overrated with new FE players, not good players.
Well who doesn't have a fit of excitement when your playing you're first ever Fire Emblem game, Blazing Sword, and you learn how to get Jaffar :).

P.S: hmm... I just looked at Marisa's assassin sprite. It looks wrong - swordmaster is definatly the right choice for her.

Edited by Sir Canas

• 2 months later...

I turned them both to Swordmasters, first came Marisa, then in Chapeter 14(Eirika's route) I promoted Joshua to fight the main boss, so that way it went along with the story, now he'll face Calleach for killing his mother.

And Marisa and Joshua aren't good as Assasins, first Marisa's sprite looks like a guy instead of a woman, and Joshua's sprite doesn't even look like him, and besides, I got Colm.

• 3 weeks later...