Lyon

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

I'm rushing this since I guess claims don't really matter. I expect I'll have to work on it, but as long as I get it submitted, I'll do the work. Some I'm going on just what I remember, and sometimes that's not much, but here goes:

Lyon

Summary:

Lyon is the crown prince of the Grado Empire and for the majority of the game the primary antagonist in The Sacred Stones.

Bio:

Lyon is the firstborn, and apparently only, son of Empeor Vigarde of Grado. He was also very close to Prince Ephriam and Princess Eirika of the neghiboring kingdom of Renais. In his life, Lyon was skilled in the art of magic, and he sought only to use his talents for the good of his country. Though his intentions were admirable, Lyon's love for Grado and his father proved to be his undoing.

At some point, Vigarde fell ill. Lyon, desperate to find a cure, began doing research on one of the holiest relics on Magvel: the Sacred Stone. Lyon found the Stone of Grado more suseptible to his magic because it contained the soul of the evil king Fomortiis. Inspired by this, Lyon continued his research believing it could save his father. When Vigarde died, Lyon refused to relent decided to find some way to resurrect his father. To this end, Lyon split the Sacred Stone, also called the Fire Emblem, in two. The sacred segment, the Fire Emblem itself, was crushed as Lyon found the other half, the Dark Stone, to be far more powerful. Whether he'd forgotten or chose to disrecard the danger of the Demon King's spirit, none can say. As a result of his experiments, Lyon became possessed by Fomortiis becoming little more than his puppet. With the power of the Demon King now controlling him, Lyon was able to, in part, resurrect his dead father, though Vigarde was nothing more than an animated shell of man with no emotions or even the ability to speak.

Under the influence of Fomortiis, Lyon led Grado into war, first turning on the Empire's ally and neighbor Renais. The now-dark prince had only one intention in this war: destroy the remaining Sacred Stones. Over the course of the war, Lyon encountered his old friends. Conversing with each of them, he gave Eirika false hopes that somewhere the true spirit of Lyon still remained, while he led Ephriam to believe there was nothing more but the Demon King. Though Lyon failed several times in his attempts to seize the Stone of Renais, he succeed in the days leading to the war's end. He either tricked Eirika into believing that with the power of the Stone, he could expel the Demon King from his body and thus regain his life, or he wrestled it away from Ephriam by force. Either way, with the Stone of Renais destroyed, Lyon journeyed to Darkling Woods after sending the fallen priest Riev to destroy the final Sacred Stone. Once in Darkling Woods, Lyon entered the place of his master's downfall: the Black Temple. There, he faced Eirika and Ephriam for the last time. Though his magic, which was enhanced by the might of Fomortiis was powerful, he was defeated and killed by his old friends. With his last breaths, he confessed his envy of Ephiram's physical strength and his love for Eirika. Lyon, the once-honorable Prince of Grado, was dead.

Edited by FreelancerSealBoy

He was also very close to Prince Ephriam and Princess Eirika of the neghiboring kingdom of Renais

Neighboring is typo'd.

began doing research on one of the holiest relics on Magvel: the Sacred Stone.

I can never get this right, but should it be "in Magvel"?

When Vigarde died, Lyon refused to relent decided to find some way to resurrect his father.

"...refused to relent (and) decided..."

To this end, Lyon split the Sacred Stone, also called the Fire Emblem, in two.

It was kind of implied earlier, but maybe you should explicitly state that it's Grado's Sacred Stone.

Whether he'd forgotten or chose to disrecard the danger of the Demon King's spirit, none can say.

Disregard is typo'd.

Lyon became possessed by Fomortiis becoming little more than his puppet

I'd add a comma after "Fomortiis".

though Vigarde was nothing more than an animated shell of man with no emotions or even the ability to speak.

"...animated shell of (a) man..."

The now-dark prince had only one intention in this war: destroy the remaining Sacred Stones

"(To) destroy the remaining..."

while he led Ephriam to believe there was nothing more but the Demon King

Should that be "nothing more (than) the Demon King"?

he succeed in the days leading to the war's end

Not too sure what this sentence is supposed to mean. "Succeed" should be "Succeeded", I think, or "did succeed".

after sending the fallen priest Riev to destroy the final Sacred Stone

I'd mention that the last stone was at Rausten.

Though his magic, which was enhanced by the might of Fomortiis was powerful, he was defeated and killed by his old friends.

You might need to add an additional comma after "Fomortiis".

With his last breaths

Should that just be "last breath"?

Besides those, I think "Ephraim" is typo'd one or two times.

Otherwise, I think it looks good : )

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

Yeah, I figured there'd be a few typos. I ran through this one like my pants were on fire. :P So, I'll fix it.

Lyon

Summary:

Lyon is the crown prince of the Grado Empire and for the majority of the game the primary antagonist in The Sacred Stones.

Bio:

Lyon is the firstborn, and apparently only, son of Empeor Vigarde of Grado. He was also very close to Prince Ephraim and Princess Eirika of the neighboring kingdom of Renais. In his life, Lyon was skilled in the art of magic, and he sought only to use his talents for the good of his country. Though his intentions were admirable, Lyon's love for Grado and his father proved to be his undoing.

At some point, Vigarde fell ill. Lyon, desperate to find a cure, began doing research on one of the holiest relics on Magvel: the Sacred Stone. Lyon found the Stone of Grado more suseptible to his magic because it contained the soul of the evil king Fomortiis. Inspired by this, Lyon continued his research believing it could save his father. When Vigarde died, Lyon refused to relent decided to find some way to resurrect his father. To this end, Lyon split the Sacred Stone of Grado, also called the Fire Emblem, in two. The sacred segment, the Fire Emblem itself, was crushed as Lyon found the other half, the Dark Stone, to be far more powerful. Whether he'd forgotten or chose to disregard the danger of the Demon King's spirit, none can say. As a result of his experiments, Lyon became possessed by Fomortiis, becoming little more than his puppet. With the power of the Demon King now controlling him, Lyon was able to, in part, resurrect his dead father, though Vigarde was nothing more than an animated shell of a man with no emotions or even the ability to speak.

Under the influence of Fomortiis, Lyon led Grado into war, first turning on the Empire's ally and neighbor Renais. The now-dark prince had only one intention in this war: to destroy the remaining Sacred Stones. Over the course of the war, Lyon encountered his old friends. Conversing with each of them, he gave Eirika false hopes that somewhere the true spirit of Lyon still remained, while he led Ephraim to believe there was nothing left of him; that he was entirely under the control of the Demon King. Though Lyon failed several times in his attempts to seize the Stone of Renais, he did succeed in the days leading to the war's end. He either tricked Eirika into believing that with the power of the Stone, he could expel the Demon King from his body and thus regain his life, or he wrestled it away from Ephraim by force. Either way, with the Stone of Renais destroyed, Lyon journeyed to Darkling Woods after sending the fallen priest Riev to destroy the final Sacred Stone: the Stone of Rausten. Once in Darkling Woods, Lyon entered the place of his master's downfall: the Black Temple. There, he faced Eirika and Ephraim for the last time. Though his magic, which was enhanced by the might of Fomortiis was powerful, he was defeated and killed by his old friends. With his last breath, he confessed his envy of Ephraim's physical strength and his love for Eirika. Lyon, the once-honorable Prince of Grado, was dead.

I think it is on Magvel, since Magvel is the entire continent. If it were a country, then I would think in would be more apprpriate.

I know in some flashback scenes in the game, it mentions when Lyon started researching the Sacred Stones, but I can't remember exactly what it said. It even says when he met the twins. One was either 3 years before the game, one might have been 5, but I can't remember when exactly. I don't really think it affects the article, but if you think it does, I'll try to figure it out.

I know in some flashback scenes in the game, it mentions when Lyon started researching the Sacred Stones, but I can't remember exactly what it said. It even says when he met the twins. One was either 3 years before the game, one might have been 5, but I can't remember when exactly. I don't really think it affects the article, but if you think it does, I'll try to figure it out.

I think it might be helpful ^^

As far as I can tell, the max number of years for the flashback scenes is 3. The other scenes appear at 2 years ago, 1 1/2 years ago and 1 year ago. I don't know what any of those scenes actually show though.

I do know Vigarde died one year ago, according to Knoll. As for rest, I'll try and look into them as well. I can't seem to find the Epilogue flashback scene though : /

I do know Vigarde died one year ago, according to Knoll. As for rest, I'll try and look into them as well. I can't seem to find the Epilogue flashback scene though : /

Lyon: Oh, are you...

I'm... My name is Lyon.

Uh-huh. That's me...

The son of the emperor.

You're Prince Ephraim and Princess

Eirika from Renais, aren't you?

I heard you were coming, and I've

been waiting here all day.

I've always wanted... I don't have

any friends my own age...

So, Prince Ephraim... Princess

Eirika... What do you say?

From now on, let's be friends...

It was in the game script for the game on GameFAQs. Sadly, the Blazing Sword one is incomplete.

GameFAQs Sacred Stones FAQs

All the flashbacks should be in that script.

Thanks ^^

So, if I read correctly, the missing ones are:

3 years ago, Eirika, Ephraim and Lyon met first the first time.

2 years ago, Lyon was in the middle of researching the Sacred Stone.

Also, I didn't notice there were so many flashbacks : P

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

Ok, let's see what I can do with this. Thanks for finding that Jem, and thanks Vincent for pointing those out. Here we go:

Lyon

Summary:

Bio:

Lyon is the firstborn, and apparently only, son of Empeor Vigarde of Grado. Three years before the War of the Stones, Lyon met Princess Eirika and Prince Ephriam of Renais. Having no friends his own age, the prince found the twins company enjoyable and the three grew to be very close. In his life, Lyon was skilled in the art of magic, and he sought only to use his talents for the good of his country. Though his intentions were admirable, Lyon's love for Grado and his father proved to be his undoing.

Two years prior to the war, Vigarde fell ill. Lyon, desperate to find a cure, began doing research on one of the holiest relics on Magvel, the Sacred Stone, over the course of the next year and a half. Lyon found the Stone of Grado more suseptible to his magic because it contained the soul of the evil king Fomortiis. Inspired by this, Lyon continued his research believing it could save his father. When Vigarde died one year after his research began, Lyon refused to relent and instead decided to find some way to resurrect his father. To this end, Lyon split the Sacred Stone of Grado, also called the Fire Emblem, in two. The sacred segment, the Fire Emblem itself, was crushed as Lyon found the other half, the Dark Stone, to be far more powerful. Whether he'd forgotten or chose to disregard the danger of the Demon King's spirit, none can say. As a result of his experiments, Lyon became possessed by Fomortiis, becoming little more than his puppet. With the power of the Demon King now controlling him, Lyon was able to, in part, resurrect his dead father, though Vigarde was nothing more than an animated shell of a man with no emotions or even the ability to speak.

Under the influence of Fomortiis, Lyon led Grado into war, first turning on the Empire's ally and neighbor Renais. The now-dark prince had only one intention in this war: to destroy the remaining Sacred Stones. Over the course of the war, Lyon encountered his old friends. Conversing with each of them, he gave Eirika false hopes that somewhere the true spirit of Lyon still remained, while he led Ephraim to believe there was nothing left of him; that he was entirely under the control of the Demon King. Though Lyon failed several times in his attempts to seize the Stone of Renais, he did succeed in the days leading to the war's end. He either tricked Eirika into believing that with the power of the Stone, he could expel the Demon King from his body and thus regain his life, or he wrestled it away from Ephraim by force. Either way, with the Stone of Renais destroyed, Lyon journeyed to Darkling Woods after sending the fallen priest Riev to destroy the final Sacred Stone: the Stone of Rausten. Once in Darkling Woods, Lyon entered the place of his master's downfall: the Black Temple. There, he faced Eirika and Ephraim for the last time. Though his magic, which was enhanced by the might of Fomortiis was powerful, he was defeated and killed by his old friends. With his last breath, he confessed his envy of Ephraim's physical strength and his love for Eirika. Lyon, the once-honorable Prince of Grado, was dead.

I tried to fit all the flashbacks in in likely order, but it may still be wrong. If you don't think so, I'd say it's ready unless there's some other suggestion you have.

Nice, I think the additions were well worth adding ^^

One last thing, I think.

the prince found the twins company enjoyable

Minor, but it should be "twins' company".

If you don't have any more additions, I can start adding this to the main site.

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

I always miss the little things.

Lyon

Summary:

Bio:

Lyon is the firstborn, and apparently only, son of Empeor Vigarde of Grado. Three years before the War of the Stones, Lyon met Princess Eirika and Prince Ephriam of Renais. Having no friends his own age, the prince found the twins' company enjoyable, and the three grew to be very close. In his life, Lyon was skilled in the art of magic, and he sought only to use his talents for the good of his country. Though his intentions were admirable, Lyon's love for Grado and his father proved to be his undoing.

Two years prior to the war, Vigarde fell ill. Lyon, desperate to find a cure, began doing research on one of the holiest relics on Magvel, the Sacred Stone, over the course of the next year and a half. Lyon found the Stone of Grado more suseptible to his magic because it contained the soul of the evil king Fomortiis. Inspired by this, Lyon continued his research believing it could save his father. When Vigarde died one year after his research began, Lyon refused to relent and instead decided to find some way to resurrect his father. To this end, Lyon split the Sacred Stone of Grado, also called the Fire Emblem, in two. The sacred segment, the Fire Emblem itself, was crushed as Lyon found the other half, the Dark Stone, to be far more powerful. Whether he'd forgotten or chose to disregard the danger of the Demon King's spirit, none can say. As a result of his experiments, Lyon became possessed by Fomortiis, becoming little more than his puppet. With the power of the Demon King now controlling him, Lyon was able to, in part, resurrect his dead father, though Vigarde was nothing more than an animated shell of a man with no emotions or even the ability to speak.

Can't think of anything else.

BTW: Something I wondered. I noticed some people putting things like personalities into their entries. Would you prefer me to do that also, for consistentcy, or do you think these are fine as is?

BTW: Something I wondered. I noticed some people putting things like personalities into their entries. Would you prefer me to do that also, for consistentcy, or do you think these are fine as is?

I think it would probably make a nice addition. I generally try to include some mentions of personality where possible, but it's up to the author really.

Guest FreelancerSealBoy

I try to also, but sometimes it's not easy. Plus, I meant like a whole section devoted to it like the bio and sumamry. Anyway, if you agree, I think this will be my final edit.

Lyon

Summary:

Bio:

Lyon is the firstborn, and apparently only, son of Empeor Vigarde of Grado. Three years before the War of the Stones, Lyon first met Princess Eirika and Prince Ephriam of Renais. In spite of his shyness, Lyon waited for the siblings to arrive in Grado because he had no friends his own age. The prince found the twins' company enjoyable, and the three grew to be very close. In his life, Lyon was skilled in the art of magic, and he sought only to use his talents for the good of his country. Though his intentions were admirable, Lyon's unshakable love for Grado and for his father proved to be his undoing.

Ah right. I think a whole section would be completely up to the authors ^^

Anyway, the article's been added. I fixed two typo's that I must have missed- emperor and susceptible- and also corrected Ephraim's name on one occassion.