Playing for Rankings

Princess

Rankings are simply nearly impossible without save states.

- You need to get 1000 level ups in the game.

- You need 399 or fewer turns the whole game.

- You need to have 3 or fewer battle losses.

- All of your units have to be alive, I think.

That's all. I hope I helped.

The 1000 level ups is especially hard. There's only about 1030 total level ups you can get and some characters like Dew and Diadora are incredibly hard to train to Level 30. Diadora especially since there just are not enough enemies in the space that you have her in.

If you're using a translation patch you can't even see your rankings anyhow.

Edited by Tinny

No the text won't go forward but the music continues so it didn't crash.

Sorry about the double post my computer did it it by its self.

Edited by luigi bros

Dew isn't as much as a pain as Diadora (give him the Light Sword, Ethlin will be healing anyway). Diadora requires her to break her Silence Staff as well as use the Warp and Return staffs and maybe a bit of healing.

Also... losses? What does that mean? Deaths (including those resurrected)?

With the levels, is that level total or levels gained total? I'm assuming it's levels gained since there are over 25 characters in Gen 1 which would make a total of around 800~.

Also... losses? What does that mean? Deaths (including those resurrected)?

Deaths are when a character dies and you reset. If you resurrect a character their death count won't increase.

By Death I assume it means a character getting his/her ass kicked outside of the Arena. If that person stays dead, it counts as a death (duh). If that person is resurrected, it STILL counts as a death (I think you'll see that on that fortune teller that tells you the love status).

As for experience, I think I'll go ahead and say it's the levels gained.

Deaths are when a character dies and you reset. If you resurrect a character their death count won't increase.

It actually works like that in FE4?

Edited by Levin

From what I've heard the game remembers when a character dies even when you load a Battle Save prior to the death, which clarifies that statement. It's quite unforgiving. I don't know if it is true though.

Edited by Tinny

Only time I recall seeing a death count on a unit was when I tested the Valkyrie staff.

Thats odd because I'm sure it doesn't work like that maybe we're using differant translation patches and it has that effect.

The 1000 level ups is especially hard. There's only about 1030 total level ups you can get and some characters like Dew and Diadora are incredibly hard to train to Level 30. Diadora especially since there just are not enough enemies in the space that you have her in.

That's not good advice. >_>

By leveling her up..you kill the tactics rank.

If you're using a translation patch you can't even see your rankings anyhow.

Yes you can...

Read..

You can just extract a clean smc file to see the ending. Yeah, I've used that same patch too. That's what I did when I was in this situation. Keep the srm file though, as that file actually saves your progress in the rom.

That's not good advice. >_>

By levelling her up..you kill the tactics rank.

No, not necessarily. She can spam Silence from a distance while everyone else does their work, or just repeatedly Return some useless unit such as Dew to the base, or even Warp for quicker EXP gain. Sigurd doesn't really need his wallet during Ch2 and he has overkill money.

No, not necessarily. She can spam Silence from a distance while everyone else does their work, or just repeatedly Return some useless unit such as Dew to the base, or even Warp for quicker EXP gain. Sigurd doesn't really need his wallet during Ch2 and he has overkill money.

Agreed. Money is never a problem to Sigurd until Chapter 5. >_>

You can spam with his money as much as you want, but just make sure that you sell all the items in Diadora's inventory and give the money back to Sigurd as a payment in Chapter 3.

Agreed. Money is never a problem to Sigurd until Chapter 5. >_>

Not even there. I always let him buy as much stuff as he can to pass on to Celice, and repair the Tyrfing only to like 10 uses max. As long as it's not broken at the end of the first gen, Celice gets it back full. I don't feel the need to use Tyrfing much first gen when I can just wrap up enemies when using cheaper weapons. It's easier to let Levin to the last part by himself.

Obviously, if you're playing for ranks, a Levin solo isn't exactly ideal...