Strange FE Facts

thanibomb

I just noticed that despite being in every FE game to date, there are hardly any Pegasus/Falcon Knight bosses. Off the top of my head, the only ones I can think of are Deetva and Pamela of FE4 from the Silesia map (Chapter 4, I think) and that blue haired girl in FE6 when you go Illia. I haven't played FE1-3, 10, and 11, though, so there might be more in those games.

Post more!

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why? That's like saying there are hardly Valkyrie bosses other than Ursula. Maybe IS is being sexist?

Well, Valkyries change throughout FE history and are mainly in the GBA FEs, so its not that surprising for Ursula to be the only Valkyrie boss. Still, maybe IS is sexist since most of the females are healers/pegasus knights/mages - weak physical offense. :X

Most of the time who it looks like is going to be the final boss isn't.

Like:

FE4:looks like Alvis but is really

Julius

FE5:looks like Manfloy but is really Berdo

FE6:looks like Zephial but is really Idoun

FE7:looks like Nergal but is really

a fire dragon

FE8:looks like Vigarde but is really Lyon

Maybe IS just doesn't want to promote violence towards women?

And yet they make the female characters have some RES but pathetic DEF when most enemies are attacking DEF? If anything, this is promoting the whole "Damsel in distress" thing that girls seem to hate >_>

And yet they make the female characters have some RES but pathetic DEF when most enemies are attacking DEF? If anything, this is promoting the whole "Damsel in distress" thing that girls seem to hate >_>

I think its because women are supposedly more emotionally stable than men while men are stronger physically... which is not true because women have a higher threshold for pain and are usually much more emotional than men. :/

Creepy lady boss of chapter 4 in SnK has an entire army of female fighters, then there's Vaha(lolsuck), Hilda, and Ishtar.

Come to think of it, Silesia and Isaac have the more equality between men and women than most countries than in any other of the series...

Creepy lady boss of chapter 4 in SnK has an entire army of female fighters, then there's Vaha(lolsuck), Hilda, and Ishtar.

Come to think of it, Silesia and Isaac have the more equality between men and women than most countries than in any other of the series...

Creepy lady = Lamia, and her female fighters suck. :/

The countries with the pegasus knights are most equal (Silesia, Illia, etc.).

I think its because women are supposedly more emotionally stable than men while men are stronger physically... which is not true because women have a higher threshold for pain and are usually much more emotional than men. :/

And being emotionally stable means higher RES? Lyn is a clear contradiction of this. IS has no excuse for denying females the Armor Knight and Pirate Classes in FEDS.

Edited by Levin

I just noticed that despite being in every FE game to date, there are hardly any Pegasus/Falcon Knight bosses. Off the top of my head, the only ones I can think of are Deetva and Pamela of FE4 from the Silesia map (Chapter 4, I think) and that blue haired girl in FE6 when you go Illia. I haven't played FE1-3, 10, and 11, though, so there might be more in those games.

Post more!

FE10 had a grand total of two. One in 3-12 (technically, if you count her as one) and one in 4-1.

Strange FE facts, huh? Here's one: Jeigan, Maisen, and Marcus are all depicted wearing purple armor in their respective games, but their armor takes on a more reddish tone in their artwork.

And being emotionally stable means higher RES? Lyn is a clear contradiction of this. IS has no excuse for denying females the Armor Knight and Pirate Classes in FEDS.

I don't know what you are trying to say. Lyn has pretty good res, doesn't she?

FE10 had a grand total of two. One in 3-12 (technically, if you count her as one) and one in 4-1.

That's still only 2.

Generic females need to stay out of battle because generic males don't have friends to fight for.

:(

Strange FE facts, huh? Here's one: Jeigan, Maisen, and Marcus are all depicted wearing purple armor in their respective games, but their armor takes on a more reddish tone in their artwork.

Interesting!

I wouldn't say more equal in social standing, but maybe so in the military.

Maybe. The females in Silesia and Illia seem to be more dominant than the males. Queen Rahna also has more power than her husband's brothers... at least to the people.

Queen Rahna also has more power than her husband's brothers... at least to the people.

Rahna is queen her husband's brothers are just behind

Levin

in succesion to the throne.

That's because Levin is the successor to the Holsety. If Queen Rahna had a daughter, things could change.

As long as that daughter had major Holsety, she would take the throne. It has to be the one of direct lineage from Crusader Sety, which is why everyone was looking for Levin.

Moving on... Here's an interesting fact in FESD/FEDS:

Bishops are enemies, duelists, guardians of chapter 24x.

Sorcerers are just Duelists and guardians of chapter 24x, Gharnef (one of the main bad guys)

Sages are only Allies, 2 main characters (Nyna and Gotoh) and a recruitable unit who was forced to fight.

You'd think Sorcerers would be the more common magic enemies but wow, bad bishops.