Strange FE Facts

thanibomb

Let's not forget Teodor, the Druid boss of chapter 19xx in Blazing Sword. He's kind of tricky to deal with because of his Nosferatu tome.

Edited by Musashi

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh! Ooh! I have one!

In the GBA FEs, most units with facial hair aren't good.

In FE6:

Bartre: Grew a mustache and got worse.

Marcus: Yep (I know, he has use in Hard mode. Just giving an example).

Douglas: Bad.

Merlinus: Meh. Not worth deploying.

Dayan: Pff.

Yodel: Pff.

Hector: He's bad (Trial Maps).

Astohl's an exception. He's not better than Chad, but he's alright.

In FE7:

Dorcas: Lulz

Marcus: Lulz (HHM not withstanding)

Athos: He's not BAD, but when you get good at the game, he's eh...

Merlinus is an exception. He's helpful even though he doesn't fight. Seems he's better with less facial hair.

In FE8:

Garcia: Not horrible, but not great compared to others.

Dozla: Lulz.

Duessel: Again, not horrible, but not great compared to others

Orson: Lulz

Fado: Yuck. (Creature Campaign only)

Gilliam, Moulder (I THINK he's got use...correct me if I'm wrong) and Gerik are exceptions.

If I'm wrong on any of these, lemme know.

Both of the Prepromoted Generals you recruit in FE4/5 have beards and kind of betray their countries.(not so much in Xavier's case)

Gilliam, Moulder (I THINK he's got use...correct me if I'm wrong) and Gerik are exceptions.

Moulder is supposed to be good. But personally, I never use him since leveling staff users at the start of a game is a pain in the ass if the unit is not not named Lena, Aideen, or Rana.

And Gerik actually has some of the most difficult to notice facial hair, so I'm not sure he counts...

Moulder is supposed to be good. But personally, I never use him since leveling staff users at the start of a game is a pain in the ass if the unit is not not named Lena, Aideen, or Rana.

And Gerik actually has some of the most difficult to notice facial hair, so I'm not sure he counts...

Moulder uses Elfire without losing AS.

Has there ever been any enemy falconknights or wyvern lords in the final chapter? Out of the ones I've played (6-10), there weren't any.

FE8's final chapter had no human enemies except Lyon.

Enemy Wyvern Lords in FE 4 and 9 HM.

Enemy Falcoknights in FE 4.

Has there ever been any enemy falconknights or wyvern lords in the final chapter? Out of the ones I've played (6-10), there weren't any.

FE8's final chapter had no human enemies except Lyon.

You should play 2-5.

I think FE2's final chapter had a shortage of human opponents as well, but everybody knows where FE8 took the monster business from, so...

Something I just realized is that, at least in the GBA/Tellius universes, there are several 'great' opponents that serve as boss fights. Most of them are good willed but forced to fight against you anyways.

There's:

-The Dragon Generals of Bern (FE6)

-The Four Fangs (FE7)

-The Gemstones of Grado (FE8)

-The Four Riders (FE9 (though they're nasty as opposed to good willed, so this is up for contest...))

Something I just realized is that, at least in the GBA/Tellius universes, there are several 'great' opponents that serve as boss fights. Most of them are good willed but forced to fight against you anyways.

There's:

-The Dragon Generals of Bern (FE6)

-The Four Fangs (FE7)

-The Gemstones of Grado (FE8)

-The Four Riders (FE9 (though they're nasty as opposed to good willed, so this is up for contest...))

@bolded: Bryce was the only good willed one.

While the Black Knight was a Begnionian agent, and Bertram was just plain brainwashed.

There was also Ashera's chosen few. Which you fight in the endgame of part 4. Dehginsea and Levail were certainly good willed if you ask me.

Edited by Little Al

You should play 2-5.

I will someday. Isn't 2 for the NES? I might not play that one.

In the GBA games, the character sprites don't move when they're attacked. They stand there like statues as if nothing happened. And when they die, they just disappear while standing up. No falling down or anything that would indicate that they're severely injured.

If I'm correct, Roy is the only character in the series who doesn't change appearance upon promotion.

I will someday. Isn't 2 for the NES? I might not play that one.

In the GBA games, the character sprites don't move when they're attacked. They stand there like statues as if nothing happened. And when they die, they just disappear while standing up. No falling down or anything that would indicate that they're severely injured.

Only 9 and 10 have done that so far, I think. Thats because they weren't working with sprites.

If I'm correct, Roy is the only character in the series who doesn't change appearance upon promotion.

I'm pretty sure the same goes for Leaf in Thracia.

Only 9 and 10 have done that so far, I think. Thats because they weren't working with sprites.

I'm sure that Ike and Micaiah were the only lords to get an appearance change after their promotions. It's Leif (FE5) and Roy whose abilities get a boost, but no additional variety to their weapon choices after promotion. (Or extra armor, or a horse.)

Edited by Little Al

It goes.

Also, I THINK Leaf is the first person to get two promotions.

In Thracia, he begins as a Lord and ends as a Prince. And in Seisen, he begins as a Prince and ends as a Master Knight.

It goes.

Also, I THINK Leaf is the first person to get two promotions.

In Thracia, he begins as a Lord and ends as a Prince. And in Seisen, he begins as a Prince and ends as a Master Knight.

Celice was first.

and arguably Sigurd, since his starting class is second tier.